Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
Trade in Games and Get an Extra $30 Toward Your Next Video Games Purchase (EXPIRES 08/31/09)
Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before August 31, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory purchase in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.
Details:
-To qualify for the $30 credit, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (July 19, 2009 - August 31, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than September 7, 2009 to qualify.
-In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.
-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Trade-in submissions not accepted and returned to you do not qualify for the promotion. Your trade-in submission could be returned to you if the items are damaged or non-working, incorrect items are included in your package, or accessories such as artwork or manuals are missing. Any submission postmarked later than 7 days after a mailing label is printed will be returned to you automatically. You should receive returned games within 14 days of receipt via the U.S. Postal Service.
-Qualifying customers will be emailed their coupon code within 10 days after their trade-in has been accepted.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code applies to the lowest priced qualifying item.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.
-Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
-No substitutions or rain checks.
-Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
-Tax, shipping, and handling charges may apply to all products.
-Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
-Void where prohibited.
-Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order.

Trade-In(s) of the Day
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - $16.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - $13.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00

If you have not used the previous trade-in deal coupon (50% off on a game or accessory), here is a list of big-ticket items that qualify (thanks to Japakneez):

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/26/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest USPS Post Office and mail it by (one week from submission of trade).

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

If you are concerned about the reliability of Media Mail, you may send the games yourself and pay for postage. The address to send the games is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

FAQ

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
USPS Media Mail

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
Yes. If you’re worried about your package, definitely take advantage of these shipping options. You’ll just have to pay a little extra to ship your games. NOTE: There have been cases where the post office doesn’t allow adding these options on prepaid shipping labels, but try anyway or go to a different post office.

I don't trust Media Mail. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson, MA 01749

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the trade-in deal?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Does the ECA discount stack with the trade-in deal coupon?
Yes.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for that stupid gold box trick to work I missed out on my Ion kit again. Once they get more Ps3 ones in I'm ordering it. That gold box trick is not working.

My regular account in which I actually order stuff is not even going by my recommendations. I never ordered anything close to romance novels, yet they keep putting them in my goldbox.

[quote name='Taboner']Hmmm. Should I keep my X3s, go for the X4s, wait for the X5s(I hope?), or get Renegade?[/QUOTE]
Well, my set of X4s arrived the other day, and I LOVE them. They're wonderful. I would definitely recommend them. I can't see how they could really improve them with an X5 model. I currently have them connected to my PS3 to use, and I'll probably connect them to my 360 this weekend to try out the chat features. Gotta say though, overall, they're worth the money. The sound quality is great, they have great range, and the hiss that people mention really isn't that bad. It's only really noticeable, to me anyway, when I turn the headset's volume up.

I found a decent gamestop to amazon flip:

Lost Kingdoms II $6.99 at gs --> $6.25 TIV at amazon

and if you can find it...

Phantasy Star Online I&II Plus $4.99 at gs --> $21 TIV at amazon!

Well, I just went through the entire PS3 section at gamestop.com and I didn't come up with anything better than NCAA 10 and FNR4. Fallout 3 is close ($18.19 -> $15) but that's about it. I submitted a trade with those games but I'm not sure if I'll go through with it. They should all be easy to get, and since PS3 games are scratch-free I wouldn't expect too many problems on the trade-in side (except when they damage the games upon inspection :bomb:).

I'll probably do it though. No sales tax on the used games so it is a straight transfer. Taping up a box takes me 5 minutes. I go to the PO all the time anyway and there's never a line here. So just add 80 cents for the DC. It is worth it for the $30 coupon and the fact that I have so much GS credit I'll never use it all there and am willing to transfer it even at a small loss.

I may just end up doing 2 FNR4: $54.99 x 2 x .65 = $71.49 cost + 80 cents for DC = $72.29 in order to get $66 in Amazon credit plus the $30 coupon (so $96 effectively). Not bad.

Not a bad idea Io since my last trade in was rejected (missing manual). What sucks about the trade in of the day is that I have a path of radiance.... but no manual and stupid HWV cover. Grrr.... would have been nice. Guess I can buy at GS and return but I hate doing that.

[quote name='justlooking00']I found a decent gamestop to amazon flip:

Lost Kingdoms II $6.99 at gs --> $6.25 TIV at amazon

and if you can find it...

Phantasy Star Online I&II Plus $4.99 at gs --> $21 TIV at amazon![/QUOTE]

There's a reason why that game has a high TIV. Browse outside the trade in values and just look at....values ;)

[quote name='Link927']There's a reason why that game has a high TIV. Browse outside the trade in values and just look at....values ;)[/QUOTE]

Hahah, I was just going to say that.

Hell, I just searched local stock (northern VA / DC area) and there was not one copy located within a 100 mile radius :lol:

[quote name='Link927']There's a reason why that game has a high TIV. Browse outside the trade in values and just look at....values ;)[/QUOTE]

Where I live is so weird the two stores always have the more rare games and everywhere else will be empty. But I mean it won't have manual and case, I'm not that lucky. :cool:

i hope my 50% coupon comes tomorrow, that would be 3 days after acceptance. I want my TE stick since SFIV came today.

About the X4's, terribly overpriced headphones. Although they do work with the 360, which is rare for these types of headphones.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']About the X4's, terribly overpriced headphones. Although they do work with the 360, which is rare for these types of headphones.[/QUOTE]
No arguments there. They are certainly a bit overpriced, but when you have a 50% off coupon and a ton of credit, they're much more affordable :D Mine cost me nothing, which is awesome.

[quote name='Japakneez']damn that GS coupon is nice :drool:. I could buy used with 35% off or get a game new for roughly the same price through flip. Flips are a bit of a hassle though

Z(+)DIAC, i noticed amazon prices fluctuate a bit so i just left it at amazon base. Easier to read the list and keeps maintenance of the list low. I figure someone will click on a title they have interest in and see what current promos are in effect...just like you did for B:AA. I know some were disappointed with fluctuations in Rock Band Beatles. Thus the disclaimer i placed above the list ;)[/QUOTE]

What is this The Beatles: Rock Band price fluctuation you speak of, sir?

Well I wanted to buy a used ds, and they're pretty cheap at amazon(with some credit I already have too), and if I'm already going to make a large purchase there, why not try to trade some games in...

Man there's nearly nothing left for me to trade in though. I'd have to give away something I actually wanted to hit the 60$ mark without finding anything to flip with the rest of my games.

As usual Ski Doo is a good trade in from GS.
GS-35% (coupon and edge) -> AMZ TIV
Ski Doo 360 $5.85 -> $5.25

PS3 one not as good
Ski Doo PS3 $2.59 -> $2.25

[quote name='osugsxr']any recommendations to use the 50% off on amazon...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/30/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$200 DJ Hero Renegade Edition ($120 Standard Edition)
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

7/30 - Added DJ Hero Renegade
[/QUOTE]

Also Jap, maybe you could consider adding the "Ghostbusters: Slimer Addition" to the list (I assume there are a few people out there who maybe interested)...

Both for $109.99
360 Version - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025UOYR8/ref=pd_luc_sbs_00_03
PS3 Version - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025UOYR8/ref=pd_luc_sbs_00_03

Thanks to all of the G25 folks for their inspiration! I managed to get the Playseat Evolution at 50% off. I'm just sad that I don't have any more 50% off codes left, they were fun while they lasted :)

Ok it looks like I can scrounge up enough stuff, and be like 8 bucks over if something cheap gets rejected(doubtful, everything is complete and half are new).

So the 30$ is a coupon code, NOT 30$ in credit...and it can only be used on the same things the 50% off coupon can be used on(accessories and games), right?

Cancelling demon's souls, using that credit + this trade-in for a used ds, then my 50% on demon's soul in a few weeks again with just cash and the 30$ code on another pre-order.

[quote name='J7.']
PS3 one not as good
Ski Doo PS3 $2.59 -> $2.25[/QUOTE]

Hah - it dropped then from people locking it in because of the promo. It was $3 when I looked earlier today :lol: (I didn't bother with that one as it is also impossible to find around me - definitely not worth the trouble).

So what, we gotta invent a code and change it up everyday so we can speak about TIVs?

yay!!! Just got my code, orders my TE stick for 4.49 after ECA +50%. I was tempted to go for quicker shipping, but restrained myself and got the super saver shipping.

2 more to go.

I made the billing address and the ship adress the same, my house. But I used my gf's address for the trade in. Will that be a problem?

[quote name='NDPsycho']Thanks to all of the G25 folks for their inspiration! I managed to get the Playseat Evolution at 50% off. I'm just sad that I don't have any more 50% off codes left, they were fun while they lasted :)[/QUOTE]

how did you manage to get the playseat 50% off. I am having a hard time getting them to accept the G25. tips please

[quote name='jraypeon']FNR4 is down already =(
Either they react real fast or we have a mole here![/QUOTE]

it probably has to do with supply and demand. when a lot of people lock in a trade amazon lowers the price because the supply increased, while the demand stayed constant.

[quote name='lakers2008']how did you manage to get the playseat 50% off. I am having a hard time getting them to accept the G25. tips please[/QUOTE]

I can share some things that I did, but I think it will largely depend upon who you interact with.

-I used the phone option, not e-mail
-I did not let them transfer my issue to the marketing department, I politely requested to speak with a manager. This took a number of requests, but I finally got to talk to one. I simply explained that if I had wanted to exchange e-mails I would have used that method of contacting them.
-I did what others here have said and explained that the item pulls up in the video game store and if you look at the items rankings, it is ranked as a seller under a number of video game categories. The wording of the offers details may not necessarily allow this, but the instructions for redeeming the promo code in the e-mail that came with the code certainly do.
- It says to go to the video game store, via the embedded link.
- It says to search for the item you want.
- It says to add the item to your card.
- It says to check out and apply the promo code.
- The playseat, like the G25 will work with each step, except the last one. I don't think it's all that difficult to make a case that it should work. Yes, I realize that the items are not primarily assigned to the video game category, but I still believe that the interpretation is debatable.
-When they seemed unsure of whether the promo would take 50% off of an item that expensive. I added the ion drums to my cart to show that it would. This seemed to be the point where they were ok with making an adjustment.
-They will most likely have you place the order for the item at full price and will offer to adjust it once it is placed. This seems to be common with other posters experiences.

That was my experience anyway. Again, I don't think that there is a fool proof way to get them to make an adjustment. I think it takes quite a bit of luck in regards to who you talk to and a bit of persistence on your part. Eventually you'll either get someone who agrees, someone who just doesn't want to deal with you anymore or you'll give up :)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']finally got a good game in my gold box. bad news its wii sports resort. $42, but I dont want it.[/QUOTE]

It is an awesome game with some serious challenge to it (if you want to go for all the stamps - kind of like achievements).

Anyway, I never looked up the new GS coupon thread. I just assumed since someone listed PS3 games to buy with it, that it was 25% off PS3 games. I just looked now (12 hours later) and I see it is for ANY used games! Holy hell - I wish I knew that earlier. Maybe FNR4 PS3 was the best thing out there anyway. Luckily I locked it in at $33 - just one copy so don't blame me for the drop ;).

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']These 3 phoenix wright deals of the day games are decent flips. I might flip some because there are so many around me. Hopefully some have covers and books.[/QUOTE]

Bah - I was just about to say it is pretty crappy because there are very few to be found and for sure what few there are will be cart-only ;). I'm glad I locked in FNR4 because that will be 100x easier (though less profitable to be sure - still, just 2 copies of that are needed vs having to get 5 of the various Phoenix Wright games to qualify for the promo code).

Oh yeah, I did just get my first $30 promo code. So the games were received Weds morning and I got the credit that morning as well. Then the coupon code late Thurs night/Fri morning. Not bad.

This is a really stupid question, but I want to be 100% sure...

To lock in a trade, u have to go through all the steps of submitting a trade including going to the page where u print out the shipping label, correct?

And can you change the quantity to zero to take a game off at this point?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This is a really stupid question, but I want to be 100% sure...

To lock in a trade, u have to go through all the steps of submitting a trade including going to the page where u print out the shipping label, correct?

And can you change the quantity to zero to take a game off at this point?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you don't have to print the label of course (since you'll probably want to print it later after you finalize what you've got to send in). You can edit the games by changing the quantity up or down later.

What I keep doing with these deals is adding one of whatever is the hot item (FNR4, Phoenix Wright, whatever) and then putting in the games I have sitting here in a pile waiting for trade-in to GS or Amazon. I review the Amazon pricing and if it hasn't dropped, I'll just add them to the next trade I'm making. If they have dropped, then they end up locked into a previous trade or will be going to GS instead. If I end up with multiple of the "hot" item I may not need those other games at all. But if not, then I have them to pad it to over $60. For example, on these Phoenix Wright games it looks like at best I might be able to get 2 of them. So that's only $26 right there - I a few other things to make it go over $60.

It gets pretty complicated because I've got a lot of games (that I only have 1 copy of) submitted in a few different trades. Then when the price drops (for example, Tomb Raider Underworld just went from $12 to $9, Spiderman Web of Shadows from $8 to $5.50, and several others as well) I need to use those in one or another of the submissions I've made (or decide to save them for GS or give them to someone or simply just keep them).

[quote name='io']It is an awesome game with some serious challenge to it (if you want to go for all the stamps - kind of like achievements).

Anyway, I never looked up the new GS coupon thread. I just assumed since someone listed PS3 games to buy with it, that it was 25% off PS3 games. I just looked now (12 hours later) and I see it is for ANY used games! Holy hell - I wish I knew that earlier. Maybe FNR4 PS3 was the best thing out there anyway. Luckily I locked it in at $33 - just one copy so don't blame me for the drop ;).[/QUOTE]

I know its a great game, my gf's family has it. Problem is she only has one wiimote so I gotta bring mine over if we want to play any wii games, besides they only have one wiimotion+. And I only got one wiimote too, so I cant even play it with my friends. I'm sure it would be a perfect game for a family, like you. But I'm a college student who has noone to play with.

hence hoping for MW2 or a TE stick to pop in my gold box, but I have yet to get a 360 game or accesory for that matter in my gold box. I'll check it, I just wont get my hopes up.

Also ECA is amazazing, made my money back off ym first purchase.

[quote name='J7.']As usual Ski Doo is a good trade in from GS.
GS-35% (coupon and edge) -> AMZ TIV
Ski Doo 360 $5.85 -> $5.25

PS3 one not as good
Ski Doo PS3 $2.59 -> $2.25[/QUOTE]

OK, then, I've got my plan: find 27 used, complete copies of Ski Doo PS3 and I'm golden! Hopefully I can find them all at one Gamestop so that I can take the stack up and tell them that one is for me, and the other 26 are for friends. ;^)

EDIT: but seriously, thanks for the tip. I will pick up a copy or two of one or both of these as a filler.

Between the $30 off, ECA, and Goldbox, I'm getting some seriously cheap preorders:

Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted 2 preorders for $18.44 each. I probably made about $8 on each trade too so brand new games for about $10 each. Gotta love that.

check your goldbox ppl, i actually have god of war iii in it at 10% off today, which is rare that I ever actually get a game in there, let alone a high profile one.

[quote name='backseatdog']check your goldbox ppl, i actually have god of war iii in it at 10% off today, which is rare that I ever actually get a game in there, let alone a high profile one.[/QUOTE]

I'm a n00b. How do you check your goldbox?

hey guys
sorry didn't wanna go through 50 pages
my games got to amazon in 2 days. got $62 credit. When do I get the additional $30 again?

thanks!!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm a n00b. How do you check your goldbox?[/QUOTE]

Top of the page, "today's deals". The second half of the screen "your name quick picks" will appear. Anything there is 5% off the regular listed amazon price(which will usually already be a certain % off). I think it's only 5%. Anyway, there are ways to kind of manipulate the gold box to get games etc to appear in there...but hell, I've tried everything that's been posted, on two different accounts, for two weeks, and I have barely seen a game in it.

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone is willing to take over this thread. I just got accepted to a master's degree program which starts a week from Monday so I won't be able to update the Trade-in deal of the day and maintain this thread as a whole. If you're interested, please PM me. All the information and FAQ is already there anyway so it should be easy.

I got confirmation today it was my first trade in one of the games was accepted despite being the wrong game I sent in regular Morrowind in GOTY version box and got credit. So I just wait a couple days for my $30 code.

Yes that Goldbox has turned into complete BS. They have been putting garbage in mine. I had Uncharted 2 in my Goldbox once. I have only bought and rated game stuff, yet they won't put anything worthwhile in mine.

taboner I have an unused 50% promo code. will forward you the email. make me an offer and please dont try to low ball me. will take paypal or amazon gift card. let me know

[quote name='Wrong']Anyone willing to trade two $30 off amazon coupons for my 50% off coupon.

I was going to get the Beatles Rock band, but I don't really have the cash, even with the 50%, to get the special edition.

PM me if interested.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a couple of PMs. Please let me know.

Thanks!

My goldbox is worthless. I can't remember the last time it had a video game in it. It seems to always have the same things more or less, and they are all related to purchases I made that were gifts for my mother-in-law. Note: I like my mother-in-law, but she doesn't ask for video games. :)

On the good side, I found a copy of Excitebots still tagged at $17.99 and a copy of Fight Night Round 4 PS3, using the 25% coupon. I've got a 2 copy FNR4 trade-in locked in, so I need to get a second copy. Excitebots I've got locked in with a bunch of other stuff I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll find at another GS tonight, though I'm going to have to make two trips unless they let me use 2 coupons and do separate transactions.

Does anyone know how Amazon handles the "Pre-order price guarantee" in regards to the 50% coupon?

IGN just put up an article that says that Activision has yet to finalize a price for DJ Hero Renegade Edition and if I order it at $200 with the 50% off code what would happen if they drop it to $175? I know that the Beatles Rockband has been fluctuating so I did not know if they are adjusting accordingly. Thanks.

[quote name='NJMane']Does anyone know how Amazon handles the "Pre-order price guarantee" in regards to the 50% coupon?

IGN just put up an article that says that Activision has yet to finalize a price for DJ Hero Renegade Edition and if I order it at $200 with the 50% off code what would happen if they drop it to $175? I know that the Beatles Rockband has been fluctuating so I did not know if they are adjusting accordingly. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think some people ran into this on here regarding some preorders. From what I understand Amazon gives you back the difference...but don't quote me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back