Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I went looking for the Borderlands GOTY and found a few more clearance games. They rang up at the prices below, no manager override needed.

bestbuyclearance.jpg

PSP WARRIORS OROCHI 2 $2.99 SKU 9508847
PSP SILENT HILL SHATTERED MEM. $2.99 SKU 9567998
PS2 KKP: FROGGER HOP, SKIP, JUMP. $2.99 SKU 8425518
PSP DANTE'S INFERNO $9.99 SKU 9663359 (sale, not clearance)

I'm thinking the DBZ:Raging Blast 2 thing might be regional (Or locational), saw a 360 version at a different store today, but it rang up at full retail.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']I went looking for the Borderlands GOTY and found a few more clearance games. They rang up at the prices below, no manager override needed.

PSP DANTE'S INFERNO $9.99 SKU 9663359 (sale, not clearance)[/QUOTE]

Are you in North Texas by chance? Looks just like a basket I saw.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I think the guy that posted was talking about the 3D one (The GOTY I believe). That is the one I wanted to know about. I've never seen the CE before but if he actually meant the CE then I rather get that than some 3D one.[/QUOTE]

No, I was talking about the CE with the batarang.

I wonder if any Best Buy employee has a full list of all the $2.99 clearance games as it's pretty apparent to me it's a lot bigger than the titles that were available on the website.

Going to see if I can grab my dad Borderlands GOTY for $10 after work.

I might see if I can get a $10 vanquish. $10 is my price point due to my backlog.

Man Batman CE for $9.99?! I THINK I saw one the other day at my BB. Or metal slug for $3 would even be a steal also!

Anyone have the "Store Locator" for those SKUs? I know someone had one for borderlands which was SO helpful!

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Man Batman CE for $9.99?! I THINK I saw one the other day at my BB. Or metal slug for $3 would even be a steal also!

Anyone have the "Store Locator" for those SKUs? I know someone had one for borderlands which was SO helpful![/QUOTE]

Dont need sku ..Just search BB website by name of game.

and add cart > check store pick up.

[quote name='onyzukae']Dont need sku ..Just search BB website by name of game.

and add cart > check store pick up.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's on the website unless I"m blind....

[quote name='dabamus']9406083

there's the sku for the 360 version of the Batman CE.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... so I guess this MIGHT be the store locator for Batman CE? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&sourceId=1218303031896&sourceType=product&skuId=9406083&productId=1218303031896&itemId=1557736&contract_desc=2+YEARS+NEW&pageMode=searchmode&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folstemplatemapper.jsp%3Fid%3Dpcat17006%26type%3Dpage%26sourceId%3D1218303031896%26sourceType%3Dproduct%26skuId%3D1431386%26productId%3D1218303031896%26itemId%3D1557736%26contract_desc%3D2%2BYEARS%2BNEW%26pageMode%3Dsearchmode&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Says unavailable for all stores around me... not sure of reliability.

Finally! Found a copy of borderlands goty and crackdown 2 (they sold out at so many stores once it hit $10!)

Also found a lone copy of ghostbusters for the ps2 for $2.99

[quote name='Josef']No, I was talking about the CE with the batarang.

I wonder if any Best Buy employee has a full list of all the $2.99 clearance games as it's pretty apparent to me it's a lot bigger than the titles that were available on the website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that'd be great if anybody could come up with one. I've struck out of two BBs so far without seeing a single one that popped up so far. Kinda strange considering they're both fairly low traffic.

This is all I found at few of my local BB's

PS3 Mafia 2 collectors edition 9.99
PS3 Nier 9.99
PS3 Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - $14.99
PS3 Damnation 2.99
PS3 Fallout NV $9.99

PS2 Frogger Hop Skip Jum MatBundle $2.99

PSP Blazblue: CS 7.99
PSP Medal of Honor Heroes 2 $2.99

DS Ghostbusters $2.99
DS My Word Coach $2.99

XB Borderland GOTY 9.99
XBCastlevania LOS LE 29.99 (really wanted the PS3 version but I guess I missed out on it..)

I really miss the Best Buy $5 gaming coupon, I was able to get so many games for free with it.

:) :)

[quote name='j-fever']This is all I found at few of my local BB's

PS3 Mafia 2 collectors edition 9.99
PS3 Nier 9.99
PS3 Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - $14.99
PS3 Damnation 2.99
PS3 Fallout NV $9.99

PS2 Frogger Hop Skip Jum MatBundle $2.99

PSP Blazblue: CS 7.99
PSP Medal of Honor Heroes 2 $2.99

DS Ghostbusters $2.99
DS My Word Coach $2.99

XB Borderland GOTY 9.99
XBCastlevania LOS LE 29.99 (really wanted the PS3 version but I guess I missed out on it..)

I really miss the Best Buy $5 gaming coupon, I was able to get so many games for free with it.

:) :)[/QUOTE]

Is Mafia CE price for both systems? Also is it exculsive at certain stores or is it like borderlands goty, where that price is at any store?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is Mafia CE price for both systems? Also is it exculsive at certian stores or is it like borderlands goty, where that price is at any store?[/QUOTE]

I am curious about the price for the Mafia CE as well. I visited a store that has one in stock but it rung up as the regular price instead of $9.99. The version that I saw at the store was the 360 version.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']I went looking for the Borderlands GOTY and found a few more clearance games. They rang up at the prices below, no manager override needed.

bestbuyclearance.jpg

PSP DANTE'S INFERNO $9.99 SKU 9663359 (sale, not clearance)[/QUOTE]

where were these at? I didn't see any psp games by the clearance section. In my store there was a section on the first wall right before the games started that had all their on sale collectors editions (MK, Killzone, ect) and above that a few rows of games that were clearanced real cheap, like brutal legend, def jam, ect. Were these with those, or elsewhere? Like i said i saw no psp games mixed in there. Id like to get silent hill for that price

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is Mafia CE price for both systems? Also is it exculsive at certain stores or is it like borderlands goty, where that price is at any store?[/QUOTE]

I only found the PS3 version of Mafia II CE, I did not see any Xbox versions of the CE.

My guess is, just like the Castlavania LOS CE, the PS3 one drops a month or so ahead of the Xbox version.

Picked up few games today ;)

Last copy Metal Slug XX (PSP) $3, Hot Shots Golf (PSP) $5 and last copy Warriors Orochi 2 (PSP) $3 and 2 copy Frogger Bundle (PS2) $3. End Up get Fist of the North Star, Arc Rise Fantasia and Yakuza 3 i'll do return & re-buy next week (B2G1 next week) ;)

Weird....I tried to grab a Silent Hill for the PSP today, but it rang up $19.99. This has been a really, really odd clearance for Best Buy; such an odd mix of national and YMMV regional pricing, it seems.

Went to pick up Fallout: New Vegas (Xbox 360) and saw Dead Space the first one on sale for $4.99 along with the other $4.99 titles.

God, the madness continues! What console was Dead Space for? Was it marked as such, or did it just ring up that cheap? I almost forgot to mention: I snagged a copy of Epic Mickey today for $10! Before you get your hopes up, it was definitely a YMMV, as it is already on sale for $19.99. One store had a big display upfront with 50% off certain Xbox and Wii titles, and EM was in there with a sticker. Also grabbed a Tatsunouko (sp?) vs. Capcom there for $12.49 from that display, as well.

[quote name='sgaldis']God, the madness continues! What console was Dead Space for? Was it marked as such, or did it just ring up that cheap? I almost forgot to mention: I snagged a copy of Epic Mickey today for $10! Before you get your hopes up, it was definitely a YMMV, as it is already on sale for $19.99. One store had a big display upfront with 50% off certain Xbox and Wii titles, and EM was in there with a sticker. Also grabbed a Tatsunouko (sp?) vs. Capcom there for $12.49 from that display, as well.[/QUOTE]

It was for the Xbox 360. I did not check but the tag did say Dead Space for $4.99. I think it might have been just my store but just giving the heads up for those that want to check the price.

Found First of the North Star (360 only), and the PSP Hot Shots golf game.

Picked up instead Again $10, and Phantom Brave Wii $15. Was debating on Phantom Brave, since I want it on PSP, and have the PS2 version already.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Picked up few games today ;)

Last copy Metal Slug XX (PSP) $3, Hot Shots Golf (PSP) $5 and last copy Warriors Orochi 2 (PSP) $3 and 2 copy Frogger Bundle (PS2) $3. End Up get Fist of the North Star, Arc Rise Fantasia and Yakuza 3 i'll do return & re-buy next week (B2G1 next week) ;)[/QUOTE]

Good idea, but doesnt the prices change next week?
They will probably jack the price back up during the B2G1 sale

Picked up recently:

:psp: Warriors Orochi 2 - $2.99
:ds: Atlus 100 in one Sports Megamix - $4.99 (note this is the Sports version ONLY)

My local BB sucks for clearance crap, I've checked twice and they barely have anything. BUT! Today I had to go visit my parents and went to their BB and it had nearly everything that's been mentioned in this thread, though very few of the $2.99 games.

I ended up with :ps3: DBZ Raging Blast 2 for $9.99 and :ps2: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 4 for $2.99. Not bad, really.

I picked up:
iconds.gif
Professor Layton 1 & 2 for $15 each on clearance.

Not a jaw dropping deal, but I've been waiting for this price point forever. I'm a happy camper.

Uhhh if the SKU is the number on the line above, then it's 1590164. There's another number directly after that: 11033. I hope one of those helps!

I don't think this has been mentioned yet:

:psp: Dungeon Maker II: The Hidden War - $2.99

Also, a big thanks to whoever mentioned Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (PSP) was $2.99 as I found one of those.

Another title which I haven't seen mentioned here:

:ds: Suikoden Tierkreis - $9.99

Also, I'm looking for Metal Slug: XX (PSP), if anyone happened to grab an extra...

[quote name='waxHead']Another title which I haven't seen mentioned here:

:ds: Suikoden Tierkreis - $9.99

Also, I'm looking for Metal Slug: XX (PSP), if anyone happened to grab an extra...[/QUOTE]

Whoa I'd love to grab a Suikoden. Do you have the SKU?

[quote name='cheeky']Whoa I'd love to grab a Suikoden. Do you have the SKU?[/QUOTE]

Yep, happened to have my receipt right here - the Suikoden SKU should be:

[quote name='elessar123']Found First of the North Star (360 only), and the PSP Hot Shots golf game.

Picked up instead Again $10, and Phantom Brave Wii $15. Was debating on Phantom Brave, since I want it on PSP, and have the PS2 version already.[/QUOTE]

Just grabbed a copy of Phantom Brave Wii for $15 today, along with FFCC: The Crystal Bearers for $15. Still a few copies avail. in Saugus, MA.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']I picked up Professor Layton And The Diabolical Box for $15 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echos Of Time for $2.99.[/QUOTE]

is the final fantasy game for wii or ds?

wonder if the other older FF games are on sale/clearance

[quote name='The Punisher']is the final fantasy game for wii or ds?

wonder if the other older FF games are on sale/clearance[/QUOTE]

It's the ds version here's the sku if you want 9257056.

[quote name='pimpster4183']is best buys clearance just mixed in with all the other games?[/QUOTE]

BB clearance is funny. for example, bb website states Moon for Ds is $20, but in store the game scan for $2.99.

Not sure if this is still working since this was for last week. there is a b2g1 now and on bb website $5+ games are b2g1, but doesnt state "Clearance" or Sale.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']It's the ds version here's the sku if you want 9257056.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. theres not in the md area. truly a great find.
wish final fantasy 3 and IV was $3

Metro 2033 was priced at $29.99 with a 50% off sticker at the Prattville Al best buy, they had 3 and I picked up 1. I was expecting to pay ~$15 due to clearance prices posted. Clerk rang it up at $14.99, then took 50% off on top of that, so b4 tax it was $7.50. They also had 1 copy of MK Kollectors Ed. with a 50% off sticker, is that on clearance? I saw someone else got it for $60, if its 50% off that I will go back and pick it up. Even though $50 isnt that bad of a deal either, but what to do with those book ends?
Speaking of CEs, when the hell is BB gonna do something with the Halo Reach Legendary Ed? I mean they really dont think those will hold their values do they? The limited Ed also had 50% off stickers on em at my Best Buy, so at least theyre tryin to move them.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']Metro 2033 was priced at $29.99 with a 50% off sticker at the Prattville Al best buy, they had 3 and I picked up 1. I was expecting to pay ~$15 due to clearance prices posted. Clerk rang it up at $14.99, then took 50% off on top of that, so b4 tax it was $7.50. They also had 1 copy of MK Kollectors Ed. with a 50% off sticker, is that on clearance? I saw someone else got it for $60, if its 50% off that I will go back and pick it up. Even though $50 isnt that bad of a deal either, but what to do with those book ends?
Speaking of CEs, when the hell is BB gonna do something with the Halo Reach Legendary Ed? I mean they really dont think those will hold their values do they? The limited Ed also had 50% off stickers on em at my Best Buy, so at least theyre tryin to move them.[/QUOTE]

Good find on the Metro 2033. $7.50 for it is just amazing; I hunted 4 local Best Buy for it but no luck.

bread's done
Back