Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karyadi']mind picking up ultimate for me? i really wanted that game bahh but it doesn't even show up on the site. i've been searching best buys everywhere in new york until i decided oh wow i can probably just call instead.[/QUOTE]

If I see another one I'll be happy to grab it for you. I grabbed the last one I saw at three stores I went to. It'd just be like $11 + S&H. Send me a PM so I have your name just in case I do find one and need to PM you back.

I've been watching the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CEs at my local Best Buy for a while now, they stayed full price until last week when they were FINALLY $50, and it said CLEARANCE on all the stickers. I went back in today to check on them and they were back up to $100. Not that I would have paid the $50 for one, but I'm still disappointed and a little confused. Since when do they go back on clearances?!

[quote name='Luuc']I've been watching the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CEs at my local Best Buy for a while now, they stayed full price until last week when they were FINALLY $50, and it said CLEARANCE on all the stickers. I went back in today to check on them and they were back up to $100. Not that I would have paid the $50 for one, but I'm still disappointed and a little confused. Since when do they go back on clearances?![/QUOTE]

I thought they were sale priced... I mean wasn't online priced the same?

[quote name='Luuc']I've been watching the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CEs at my local Best Buy for a while now, they stayed full price until last week when they were FINALLY $50, and it said CLEARANCE on all the stickers. I went back in today to check on them and they were back up to $100. Not that I would have paid the $50 for one, but I'm still disappointed and a little confused. Since when do they go back on clearances?![/QUOTE]

[quote name='admiralvic']I thought they were sale priced... I mean wasn't online priced the same?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm pretty sure that was a sale item. Just like Dead 2 Space CE (also back up in price to $39.99).

Anyone that placed a order for $2.99 Hulk and Spybongs

I just got my package today. The Spybongs game is sealed (y-fold) but
i can hear the disc moving around inside. did anyone else get the same problem? Also, the right side when opening the case appears that its not sealed. it has a small opening. Everyone please check. im debating if i should return it or not

My damnation disc was bouncing around. Disc was fine though after I opened it[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone that placed a order for $2.99 Hulk and Spybongs

i can hear the disc moving around inside. did anyone else get the same problem? Also, the right side when opening the case appears that its not sealed. it has a small opening. Everyone please check. im debating if i should return it or not[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Punisher']Anyone that placed a order for $2.99 Hulk and Spybongs

i can hear the disc moving around inside. did anyone else get the same problem? Also, the right side when opening the case appears that its not sealed. it has a small opening. Everyone please check. im debating if i should return it or not[/QUOTE]

What kind of game is spybongs? Sounds trippy. JK :)

I got my spyborgs from a store pickup, where they still had about 5 on the shelf in cages since they were marked $39.99 (that store is the worst at marking anything down, wonder if instore price would have scanned lower). The right side has that weak, loose seal that I see on a lot of wii games (I remember Tiger Woods 10 in particular), but if you ordered it online, I wouldn't be worried. Whether or not you think a floater is a risk is up to you. Mine jingles a lot but not loose. For 2.99, I wouldn't sweat it, and customer service would probably believe you if it is missing a disk or really scratched and you need to return it.

I grabbed God Eater Burst in store for $19.99. Also so Castlevania PS3 for $34.99 clearanced and the Mortal Kombat KE's (both PS3 and 360) clearanced for $59.99.

I found a couple copies of Lost in Shadow for the Wii in store for $14.99 (BB.com lists at this price as an outlet center item)

Lost in Shadow

I know it's been available at this price on Newegg for a while now, but first time I've seen it in store at this price. Only checked the Cambridgeside store in MA.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Borderland GotY xbox is stil 9.99 and found some copies in NC and SC. You can ask your store to ship copies from another store.[/QUOTE]
I thought I got really lucky when I found two copies marked $39.99. I brought them to the front expecting the $9.99 price, but they rang up full price.

This was a Best Buy that was out of stock earlier. Weeks ago, I was looking for a couple of copies for online co-op (found elswhere) and this store did not have them.

If I have time, I will go back and compare the SKU with my receipt, but this was unexpected.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Borderland GotY xbox is stil 9.99 and found some copies in NC and SC. You can ask your store to ship copies from another store.[/QUOTE]
I thought I got really lucky today when I found two copies marked $39.99. I brought them to the front expecting the $9.99 price, but they rang up full price.

This was a Best Buy that was out of stock earlier. Weeks ago, I was looking for a couple of copies for online co-op (found elswhere) and this store did not have them.

If I have time, I will go back and compare the SKU with my receipt, but this was unexpected.

Only 1 Best Buy out of 3 around my area actually has a good "clearance" area where games on a specific rack are all marked 50% off. One BB has an area where clearance is mainly 10% off, the other doesn't even have a clearance area :| lol

[quote name='adriley313']I hope this is the right place.

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box- $15 at the Outlet Center.

They had a copy near my local best buy so im going this weekend to pick it up. No i have all 3 for $15 each from different places when they were clearanced. It also looks like you can have it shipped.[/QUOTE]

Got that for $15 in store a good month ago...

I saw :360::ps3: Front Mission Evolved for $29.99 clearance at my local BB. Also noticed the $29.99 clearance sign for the :360:Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE but there were no LEs, just like 20 regular ones. Odd. :/

Dunno if that's a good price for Front Mission, just thought I'd report what I saw!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Professor Layton & The Diabolical Box is actually $5 or so at Sears if you can find it.[/QUOTE]

The Diabolical Box is the 2nd game in the series. The one on clearance at Sears is Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']The Diabolical Box is the 2nd game in the series. The one on clearance at Sears is Professor Layton and the Curious Village.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:# Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:whistle2:# Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying.;)[/QUOTE]

Happens to the best of us, haha.

My Best Buy had Final Fantasy XIV collector's editions (PC) for $30. I may have been under a rock, but I don't even remember this game coming out. Maybe it's that terrible. Still, it's cheaper than Amazon's ($39) if anyone's interested in looking for it. I may bite if it drops lower just for the hell of it.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Happens to the best of us, haha.

My Best Buy had Final Fantasy XIV collector's editions (PC) for $30. I may have been under a rock, but I don't even remember this game coming out. Maybe it's that terrible. Still, it's cheaper than Amazon's ($39) if anyone's interested in looking for it. I may bite if it drops lower just for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

It's that bad. It's an mmorpg that's been free to play cause it's so bad.

[quote name='adriley313']I hope this is the right place.

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box- $15 at the Outlet Center.

They had a copy near my local best buy so im going this weekend to pick it up. No i have all 3 for $15 each from different places when they were clearanced. It also looks like you can have it shipped.[/QUOTE]

Thanks right enough for me, my store was OOS so I'm in since I can get free shipping (silver rewards member in the family). Hard enough to find a deal on any of the Professor Layton games so for 15 I'm not taking a chance on finding it cheaper new.

Now that I have the 1st and 2nd game it'll probably open up the flood gates and both of them will be readily available online around Black Friday for $10 a pop :)

Went in today hoping noone picked up the last copy of Blur for $7.50. They did so I grabbed Lego Rock Band instead for the same price. The 360 section was pretty well picked over. Tons of Fight Night Round 4, Lego Rock Band and Shaun White Skateboarding. A few other random titles like Monster Madness, Ben-10, Chaotix, etc.

Was a bit upset the PS3 version of Lego RB was $5 instead of $7.50, but to be fair most of the PS3 games were $15+ after all clearances and barely any of the 360 stuff broke $10 outside of Star Ocean which was $17.50.

PC selection was pretty good. Pondered over getting L4D as it was $6, but passed as I have the 360 version and I'm not sure my video card can handle it. They also had Halo, Fallout 3, DA:O and more all for $5 to $10-ish.

Oh and used up my $5 birthday gift cert for the 25th edition of The Last Starfighter which is $5 til the 27th.

Hopefully it hasn't been mentioned, but even if it has, the Rock Band 3 Keyboard is $39.99 in-store if you can find it. I found one for PS3 a few weeks ago.

Saw Eternal Sonata ps3 for 19.99 at the Best Buy near the Galleria in Houston, Tx. They only had one copy left.

They also had a bunch of Folklore PS3 games for 19.99. As well as Super Street Fighter 4 PS3 (plenty of non-GH versions and a few GH versions) for 19.99. There were other games but these were the most memorable for me.

I 100% recommend Folklore! =D

Do platinum editions of SSFIV or SFIV have all the DLC? What combination of editions would I need to get to get all the DLC or would I still need to purchase the DLC on LIVE?

[quote name='karyadi']Do platinum editions of SSFIV or SFIV have all the DLC? What combination of editions would I need to get to get all the DLC or would I still need to purchase the DLC on LIVE?[/QUOTE]

There are too many costume packs for you to get them all as a dlc voucher i would think.

[quote name='Luuc']I saw :360::ps3: Front Mission Evolved for $29.99 clearance at my local BB. Also noticed the $29.99 clearance sign for the :360:Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE but there were no LEs, just like 20 regular ones. Odd. :/

Dunno if that's a good price for Front Mission, just thought I'd report what I saw![/QUOTE]

i wouldnt buy it at that price...

gamestop was selling Front Mission Evolved for $19.99 new/$17.99 used just a few months after launch for a few weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='breakingcustoms']i wouldnt buy it at that price...

gamestop was selling it $19.99/$17.99 just a few months after launch for a few weeks[/QUOTE]
Which one? The quote mentioned two games

I picked up :ps3: Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition for $99. Didn't have enough credit left to see if the BOGO 50% would work with it. My store had only one left and I think someone else would have bought it if I waited for a further price drop.

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']Saw Eternal Sonata ps3 for 19.99
They also had a bunch of Folklore PS3 games for 19.99. As well as Super Street Fighter 4 PS3 (plenty of non-GH versions and a few GH versions) for 19.99.[/QUOTE]At my BB's SSFIV is a perm $20 GH, Folklore $20 & Eternal Sonata $20 aren't clearance they're just with the GH stuff & games like Haze.
Dead Rising 2 is a $30 GH/Platinum hit too.

ME2 for PS3 has a new $40 MSRP so 2 for $60 TIV $20/$28.

[quote name='Stimes']I picked up :ps3: Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition for $99. Didn't have enough credit left to see if the BOGO 50% would work with it. My store had only one left and I think someone else would have bought it if I waited for a further price drop.[/QUOTE]

I think BB.com is selling that for $59 as an outlet item. I recommend you checking that out and maybe do a PM to save some money. But no BOGO though.

God Eater Burst at my Best Buy (Phoenix Camelback) was $20. Picked up a copy as i heard good things. Also Professor Layton and The D Box is $15

[quote name='NHDrumline17']Just picked up the official Sony PS3 sound bar for $80. Good deal or is the quality bad?[/QUOTE]

It's better than your TV's stereo. $80 is a decent price for sure though.

[quote name='Hinoshiko']I think BB.com is selling that for $59 as an outlet item. I recommend you checking that out and maybe do a PM to save some money. But no BOGO though.[/QUOTE]

Tournament Edition =/= Kollector's Edition.

[quote name='Hinoshiko']I think BB.com is selling that for $59 as an outlet item. I recommend you checking that out and maybe do a PM to save some money. But no BOGO though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Tournament Edition =/= Kollector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version of the TE was down to $59 but the ps3 version has been $150 until now.

bread's done
Back