Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Saints Row 2 for PS3 at 49.99$. Had the C thing in the sticker. Asked someone to check the price and it rang up 49.99$. Definitately YMMV

All CE's were regular price except for 007 Quantum of Solace. Those rang up for $10 just like the regular editions. I snagged a 360 copy.

[quote name='barom']Saw Saints Row 2 for PS3 at 49.99$. Had the C thing in the sticker. Asked someone to check the price and it rang up 49.99$. Definitately YMMV[/quote]

Mine rang up $49.99 as well, but the cashier manually entered the 50% discount before I had to say anything. For what it's worth, the games were on a cart at the front of the store, with a basic printout listing the games included in the clearance.

[quote name='soyverde']Mine rang up $49.99 as well, but the cashier manually entered the 50% discount before I had to say anything. For what it's worth, the games were on a cart at the front of the store, with a basic printout listing the games included in the clearance.[/quote]

Did it say that it was 50% off and that it was on clearance? Cause I have no idea how to say it's a 50% off without sounding like a lunatic. I mean I can't just say "it's 50% off" without any type of source.

[quote name='barom']Did it say that it was 50% off and that it was on clearance? Cause I have no idea how to say it's a 50% off without sounding like a lunatic. I mean I can't just say "it's 50% off" without any type of source.[/quote]

Aye, the printout taped to the cart said 50% in large font, with a list of the PS3 and 360 games in very fine print. Definitely YMMV as with all their clearances, though I thought I'd chime in since I'm nowhere near the OP's location (in Northern VA)...so it's not just a regional thing.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']ymmv = your mileage may vary

meaning, some deals are regional...others are universal. Since this hasn't been officially confirmed elsewhere, it could be a region specific sale and not applicable everywhere. However, it doesn't hurt to look ^^[/quote]

Thanks!

I went to my Best Buy and Madden 09 collectors edition was $29.99, I still picked it up nonetheless.

1. We have a Best Buy YMMV thread for these types of deals.

2. Similar deals have been and are being discussed in that thread.

3. Search is your friend.

Moving thread.

[quote name='barom']Did it say that it was 50% off and that it was on clearance? Cause I have no idea how to say it's a 50% off without sounding like a lunatic. I mean I can't just say "it's 50% off" without any type of source.[/quote]

Yea what should I tell them cause I got a guy to check Resistance for me and it rang up to 71.99 still I would really like to get this collectors,BIA,and saints row 2.

A Best Buy in Brookfield Wisconsin has a couple of note...

Madden XX Anniversary Edition for 50% off 30$ for at least the 360.
Tom Clancy's Endwar with Headset for the 360 for 50% off the 90$ pricetag.
MK VS DC Universe CE 50% off 60$ for the PS3.
Saints Row 2 SE for PS3 and 360 50% off either 50$ or 60$
Eye of Judgement with Camera for 50% off 70$ for the PS3 (Sorely tempted to pick this one up for novelty's sake.
Folklore for the PS3 marked 50% off of 30$.

Best Buy in Wauwatosa, WI on Mayfair road...

Only seemed to have Resistance 2 LE for 39.99.

Best Buy in Greenfield Wisconsin has just a SHITLOAD of every single conceivable special/collectors/limited edition for all systems for at least 60. No deeper discounts since my last visit Saturday but I'm going to have to go back and see if anything dips.

I'm vying for the Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway LE for 20 bucks for the Xbox 360. It's currently 19.99 for the PS3 at Gamestop, and 49.99 for the 360 version respectively. If anyone could help me find a cheap new copy of BiA: HH I'll...I don't know. I don't know how ediquette works on this site I'm too much of a newb! Christ I wish I didn't delete the picture I took on my camera phone of the three shelves STOCKED with deluxe editions. Just pure insanity.

[quote name='bg2001']1. We have a Best Buy YMMV thread for these types of deals.

2. Similar deals have been and are being discussed in that thread.

3. Search is your friend.

Moving thread.[/quote]

It does not hurt to create a thread mentioning that CE's are on clearance at some locations. Look at all the people that found stuff thanks to this thread.

[quote name='s2k']My best buy has a TON of CE of games but i was there last sunday and they were all regular price.[/QUOTE]

I believe Meriden Best Buy had Call of Duty WAW CE for $50 but I could be wrong. I skipped it anyways unless it was $20 or less because the new one comes out in Oct and I can wait at this point.

There are WAY to many BB threads these days. It seems to me like there should be 2. The Sunday ad thread and the YMMV thread.

If you live in NYC, can go to 62st & Broadway in Manhattan, and you don't have Fallout 3?

Well you can pick up the CE(the one w/ the lunchbox) for $60 (I think $50 normal version). Both PS3 & 360.

[quote name='Havok83']I saw 007: Quantum of Solace for $30 today[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']soul calibur 4 ps3 special edition ranged up 59.99 today![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tophat666']If you live in NYC, can go to 62st & Broadway in Manhattan, and you don't have Fallout 3?

Well you can pick up the CE(the one w/ the lunchbox) for $60 (I think $50 normal version). Both PS3 & 360.[/QUOTE]

Those are all normal prices for those games.

I went to check this out, and I think its not 50%, but 25% off, the cashiers sometimes just see clearance and assume 50% (I've had this happen a few times, hehe)

Either way I got Saint's Row 2 CE and Mercenaries 2 for the 360 both 25% off, which is still the best deal I've seen for either of them.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I went to check this out, and I think its not 50%, but 25% off, the cashiers sometimes just see clearance and assume 50% (I've had this happen a few times, hehe)

Either way I got Saint's Row 2 CE and Mercenaries 2 for the 360 both 25% off, which is still the best deal I've seen for either of them.[/quote]

How do you know they should mark off a percentage? Or it should automatically update the price when they scan it for a price check?

[quote name='MXMayne']How do you know they should mark off a percentage? Or it should automatically update the price when they scan it for a price check?[/quote]

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but BB cashiers just type in the clearance percentage and have a managers or someone with authority to allow it.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Not exactly sure what you're asking, but BB cashiers just type in the clearance percentage and have a managers or someone with authority to allow it.[/quote]

Is it already clearanced? What im saying is w/e price it rings up for is the price it is?If not than how do i know its on clearance?

[quote name='lacko59']I got resistance 2 CE for $36 and animal crossing with wii speak for $35 at the one in Mission Valley, San Diego. They also had other non-CE games for crazy cheap. Can't remember the other ones. Oh and they had about 6 copies of fallout 3 CE(ps3) for $25.[/quote] This is relevant to my interests....

did they happen to have Fallout 3 on the 360?

[quote name='oasisboy']Today I went to the Best Buy in Lewisville, TX to check the $10 games and I found some Collector Edition games 50% off.

I got Resistance 2 CE for $35.99 and they had like 4 or 5 left.

I also saw but did not get:

Brothers In Arms (CE) - PS3 for $24.99
Madden 09 - 360 (CE) for $14.99
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - 360 (CE) for $29.99
Saints Row2 - PS3 (CE) - $29.99

Also, a clerk told me that some games with a "C" where on clearance for 50% off. My wife got a ton of DS games for half price and I passed on some deals for 360 or PS3 Games. The "C" was on the actual white plastic that has the name of the game and price (the white divider between games). According to the clerk, the store has $27k of games that need to be sold.

This is definitely YMMV but for those in DFW, it might be worth a trip.[/quote]

I can confirm this deal here in Chicago. All CEs with a green tag are 50% off. (Didn't know about Resistance 2 though...)

[quote name='ThatRebel']They just killed Circuit City (at least here in San Antonio). Why are they having so many sales/clearances?[/quote]

It's got nothing to do with Circuit City... the old stock has to go. Wasn't selling. OUTSIDE of San Antonio we have this little Economic Recession going on and nobody's buying anything. This is probably the busiest the games section of Best Buy has been since September.

Now they'll have room on the shelf for new products that no one will buy.

Best Buy in Akron, OH (Montrose) never has these deals. The best they do is drop the CE down to the regular edition's price. They have a huge glass case where they store old CE's until they are sold.

[quote name='Kromax']Best Buy in Huntington, NY has Fallout 3 CE for PS3 and 360 for 29.99[/quote]
I just stopped there this morning, no luck (with 360 at least).
Thanks anyway.

My bestbuy had the regular price listed, but did have the "C" on the sticker.
So I went to the checkout with a Fallout 3 CE(360) but it ran up at 59.99. I told the lady I thought it was supposed to be cheaper, so she yelled at some guy to check the price. He went back and looked at the sticker "59.99" he said. I said, "The price tag has a C on it though, so I thought it was clearance?" To which he replied, "Yeah its clearance, but its still the price as marked."
I guess I could have asked for a manager, but I thought I'd look like an idiot if I kept persisting.

[quote name='warfox33']My bestbuy had the regular price listed, but did have the "C" on the sticker.
So I went to the checkout with a Fallout 3 CE(360) but it ran up at 59.99. I told the lady I thought it was supposed to be cheaper, so she yelled at some guy to check the price. He went back and looked at the sticker "59.99" he said. I said, "The price tag has a C on it though, so I thought it was clearance?" To which he replied, "Yeah its clearance, but its still the price as marked."
I guess I could have asked for a manager, but I thought I'd look like an idiot if I kept persisting.[/quote]

the only thing to fear... is paying the mrsp

oh anyone know if the warhawk bluetooth bundle is going to go on clearance anytime soon??

I went to BB in Frederick, MD. They had a bunch of Saints Row, Resistance 2, Fallout lunch boxes, etc. Resistance was going for $63, Saints $50, Madden $30, and Fallout $60. I tried asking about the C on the divider but all the employee did was price check it and confirm it was the same price. Maybe I'll try again Sunday.

[quote name='MrRedrum']All the CE's the OP listed were full/regular/sale price at the BBY in Bellevue, WA. I still almost bit on Resistance 2 CE for 59.99 though... but that wouldn't make me a CAG lol.[/quote]

Same in Bellingham, WA. I got resistance (marked on clearance for 71.99) to see if it rang up half off (36 bucks as people are reporting) but it didn't. I'm taking it back tomorrow and getting Fable II pricematched since I picked it up today. There are six resistances at the bellingham location, and they have been there since at least decemeber (I've been watching).

Best Buy has put the 2000 series sony PSP (sku: 8532894) on clearance down to $118.99, depending on the store. This is the 2nd PSP model, and is known as the slim. This is 30% off retail. Price do vary by store based on number of units left in the the store (or lack there of) If your store has a different price, try to find a nearby store with the price (or ask to see prices at other local Best Buys) and ask to price match that store.

Stores with $118.99 price that I know of:
West Paterson, NJ (40ish in stock)
East Hanover, NJ (13 in stock)
Union, NJ (20 in stock)

Price went into effect yesterday (5/1) This is YMMV as some stores have no stock left and prices range from $161.49 to the $118.99 price (that I know of)

I can post a receipt scan if necessary. Deal is in store only.

Confirmed! I bought one in March for $118.99 from BestBuy Tenleytown in DC. Had to return it cos I can't justify replacing my fat PSP.

[quote name='devyanks90']Best Buy has put the 2000 series sony PSP (sku: 8532894) on clearance down to $118.99, depending on the store. This is the 2nd PSP model, and is known as the slim. This is 30% off retail. Price do vary by store based on number of units left in the the store (or lack there of) If your store has a different price, try to find a nearby store with the price (or ask to see prices at other local Best Buys) and ask to price match that store.

Union, NJ (20 in stock)

Price went into effect yesterday (5/1) This is YMMV as some stores have no stock left and prices range from $161.49 to the $118.99 price (that I know of)

I can post a receipt scan if necessary. Deal is in store only.[/quote]

Thank you OP my podcast co-host lives in Union, NJ and I just messaged him about this.

God I would love to jump on that, but I have to wait until E3 early next month, to find out if I should purchase one now or later.

Good find. Any word on what version of the 2000 this is?

i.e., what are the first 4 letters of the serial # (AB00, AB01, AB02) and/or what firmware version do they have pre-installed?

Sure, they're clearance, but I'm wondering what the odds are that I can find one w/o the "AB02..." serial number.

If you call Best Buy to ask will they know what the hell are you talking about? It was a real bitch when I was trying to track one down during the radio shack sale.

[quote name='devyanks90']Best Buy has put the 2000 series sony PSP (sku: 8532894) on clearance down to $118.99, depending on the store. This is the 2nd PSP model, and is known as the slim. This is 30% off retail. Price do vary by store based on number of units left in the the store (or lack there of) If your store has a different price, try to find a nearby store with the price (or ask to see prices at other local Best Buys) and ask to price match that store.

Union, NJ (20 in stock)

I can post a receipt scan if necessary. Deal is in store only.[/quote]

I would GREATLY APPRECIATE a post of the receipt, so I can print it out and take it with me as a negotiating tool.....PLEASE.....

[quote name='Crono51']Good find. Any word on what version of the 2000 this is?

i.e., what are the first 4 letters of the serial # (AB00, AB01, AB02) and/or what firmware version do they have pre-installed?

Sure, they're clearance, but I'm wondering what the odds are that I can find one w/o the "AB02..." serial number.[/quote]

The one i bought from the East Hanover Best Buy was an AB02. (EDIT: With firmware version 4.02) They didn't have any on the floor and the sales associate didn't think they had any, I told him you have 14 (i work at another best buy that was sold out of the 2000's and we had a higher price) and he said i'll look in the back and came out with just 1.

[quote name='lionfan']I would GREATLY APPRECIATE a post of the receipt, so I can print it out and take it with me as a negotiating tool.....PLEASE.....[/quote]

http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=receiptedit.png
my.php

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='devyanks90']The one i bought from the East Hanover Best Buy was an AB02. (EDIT: With firmware version 4.02) They didn't have any on the floor and the sales associate didn't think they had any, I told him you have 14 (i work at another best buy that was sold out of the 2000's and we had a higher price) and he said i'll look in the back and came out with just 1.

http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=receiptedit.png
my.php
[/quote]
Thank you so much for the scan. My bday is 5/6 and I would love to get a psp on clearance. Can anyone check the portage,mi store? Or explain how I can check? It's STORE 413.......

Mission Valley had a few games on the 50% off rack including Saints Row 2 collector's edition for PS3 for $25 or so. Resistance 2 CE was also listed, but it wasn't in stock.

Thanks outphase, just picked up SR2 CE. They also had Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm on that same rack and picked it up for $30. Went to the same store, btw, so I unfortunately can't confirm this at other BBs.

I picked up today your in the movies 360 camera bundle for $9.99 I tried using the reward zone 10 off coupon to get the game free but it did not work since the game is on clearence.

bread's done
Back