Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idx86']Was just at my local BB last night - saw a 360 Wireless Controller + Viva Pinata bundle for $25.00 clearance price.[/quote]

Sweet! thanks for the heads up. I picked this up like 25 days ago for 50, so if I can find it I'll do a return. Here's to hoping there's one on clearance near me :pray:

BB in Lewisville, TX has 50% off all budget games (usually one's with 14.99 or 9.99 sticker). I got them to honor it on the easter games too (jak III).

My buddy just picked up a copy at the Lakeville, MN Best Buy location for 50% off reg. price. Was one on the shelf left after he picked up one, which was located on their clearance shelf. Also had one Logitech Harmony for the 360 left for $49.99, after Apple Valley location wouldn't price match. GL out there.

Thanks again OP!

I just looked at my receipt and noticed they only charged me $24.50 for RE5 CE. I picked up a few other items and was in a hurry before and didn't even bother to check the price previously.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']would this happen to be for the PS3 version too?[/quote]

Didn't see it on clearance for the ps3.

San Marcos, CA Best Buy has a stand alone shelf with stickered items that get 25% off the price. I initially saw it a couple weeks ago and was hoping the discount would increase as I was eying Disgaea 3 (PS3). Also, the San Diego, CA store in the Mission Valley area (Mission Center Rd), has a similar shelf but it was 50% off the games. They had many games too, but I only recall Resistance 2 CE (PS3) and Naruto Ninja Storm PS3 (the normal version). Again this was about 2 weeks ago when I saw these. Hopefully somebody can (or has) mentioned the games on discount at these two stores.

I did stop at the San Marcos store this past Saturday (4/18) and they still have tons of games. Of note, a few copies of Resistance 2 CE (PS3), 6 copies of Disgaea 3 (PS3), and many others I can't recall. The discount is still only 25% off. I picked up Disgaea 3 myself for $30 after the discount. Also worth mentioning, Disgaea 3 includes the game soundtrack on CD that's packed with the game. Might be exclusive to the BB copies but am not sure.

I hope the SD store still has Naruto for 50% off. They did have many copies (10+) a couple weeks ago.

Today I went to the Best Buy in Lewisville, TX to check the $10 games and I found some Collector Edition games 50% off.

I got Resistance 2 CE for $35.99 and they had like 4 or 5 left.

I also saw but did not get:

Brothers In Arms (CE) - PS3 for $24.99
Madden 09 - 360 (CE) for $14.99
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - 360 (CE) for $29.99
Saints Row2 - PS3 (CE) - $29.99

Also, a clerk told me that some games with a "C" where on clearance for 50% off. My wife got a ton of DS games for half price and I passed on some deals for 360 or PS3 Games. The "C" was on the actual white plastic that has the name of the game and price (the white divider between games). According to the clerk, the store has $27k of games that need to be sold.

This is definitely YMMV but for those in DFW, it might be worth a trip.

[quote name='s2k']My best buy has a TON of CE of games but i was there last sunday and they were all regular price.[/quote]

Did you check the white divider? The store I am referring has them stickered at full price, but the divider had the "C" so they were 50% off. Its a tiny black "C" underneath the price.

Mine have them in a cage with no prices and i asked them to price check cod 4 limited editon for the xbox 360 and they said 69.99 when they scanned it.

[quote name='s2k']Mine have them in a cage with no prices and i asked them to price check cod 4 limited editon for the xbox 360 and they said 69.99 when they scanned it.[/quote]

I also found Street Fighter 4 and COD WAW but they were regular price. The only CEs on clearance where the ones I mentioned.

Man, I wish mine did that. The lowest CE I have seen is Soul Caliber 4 for $59.99 and Saints Row 2 for $49.99. But Saints 2 the regular was the same price

Hmm one of my stores has a resistance ce. I already have one but i want a sealed box of it for collecting it. Maybe ill grab it tomorrow

I got resistance 2 CE for $36 and animal crossing with wii speak for $35 at the one in Mission Valley, San Diego. They also had other non-CE games for crazy cheap. Can't remember the other ones. Oh and they had about 6 copies of fallout 3 CE(ps3) for $25.

[quote name='ThatRebel']They just killed Circuit City (at least here in San Antonio). Why are they having so many sales/clearances?[/quote]

CC killed themselves. :???: Look it up.

Finally I will have my Fallout3 CE! Thanks! Oh and at the Chula Vista best buy they had around 5 resistance 2 CEs, 5 Saint's Row 2 CEs, 2 Time Crisis 4 w/ gun, a bunch of COD:WAW for PC, and one for xbox360 (one with the canteen, and another package with game and the enemy at the gates movie bundled together), around 4 madden 09 CE for ps3, and some other stuff I can't remember. They're all on one rack with yellow stickers on them with a sign that they are 50% off.

On a note, I saw the 360 Madden CE at 50% off too.

I also saw a few of the games that are going to be going for $10, I wonder if they will honor the 50% off lol

[quote name='Parkerktm']HELPPP!!!

Hey would someone explain to me what YMMV is?

Thanks and Good find on the deals too[/quote]

ymmv = your mileage may vary

meaning, some deals are regional...others are universal. Since this hasn't been officially confirmed elsewhere, it could be a region specific sale and not applicable everywhere. However, it doesn't hurt to look ^^

Thanks I been looking for a good price on Mortal Kombat vs DC, hopefully I will find it at sale price on a Best Buy near me.

Definitely will be on the lookout

Gracias!!!

[quote name='oasisboy']Today I went to the Best Buy in Lewisville, TX to check the $10 games and I found some Collector Edition games 50% off.

Also, a clerk told me that some games with a "C" where on clearance for 50% off. My wife got a ton of DS games for half price and I passed on some deals for 360 or PS3 Games. The "C" was on the actual white plastic that has the name of the game and price (the white divider between games). According to the clerk, the store has $27k of games that need to be sold.

This is definitely YMMV but for those in DFW, it might be worth a trip.[/quote]

Best Buy in Miami, FL has Warhammer Online- Age of Reckoning CE for $38. They've been there for a couple of weeks now.

EDIT: This Best Buy only has one copy left of that CE, and they have quite a few of LOTR: O CEs for about $45 and a few Fallout 3 (PC) for also about $45.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks picked up resistance and brothers in arms ce. Tried to use the extra $20 off bia but got denied by the manager. If it worked it could have brought my total down to 4 bucks.

Manager had to come and enter overide code. I think there might be one more copy of resistance 2 and 3 more of BIA. I also saw about 6 madden ce but passed. Also 1 more saints row ce.

oh man could you pick me up madden PLEASE!!!![quote name='oasisboy']Today I went to the Best Buy in Lewisville, TX to check the $10 games and I found some Collector Edition games 50% off.

This is definitely YMMV but for those in DFW, it might be worth a trip.[/quote]

[quote name='Roguestriker']Huh I got Madden 09 CE for 360 and it was $30 for me.

You sure it was $15 TC?[/quote]

Interesting, I was kicking myself for not checking on the price of this. I'd love to pick it up for $15, not so much at $30.

Anyways, thanks OP, I got Saints Row 2 PS3 for $25.

All the CE's the OP listed were full/regular/sale price at the BBY in Bellevue, WA. I still almost bit on Resistance 2 CE for 59.99 though... but that wouldn't make me a CAG lol.

[quote name='Roguestriker']Huh I got Madden 09 CE for 360 and it was $30 for me.

You sure it was $15 TC?[/QUOTE]

What u should have done was to tell the cashier that the game is half off, then she would ring a guy In electronics to confirm the sale, take 50% off and finally get the manger to input his code. I spent about 5 mins waiting for all this to happen.

bread's done
Back