Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone could get me a copy I'd definitely pay an extra couple of $'s on top of it with shipping costs too. My BestBuy never has deals like that so if anyone should have an extra copy please send me a pm.

I never see deals like that in New York unless were talking bout the multiple Petz games that are always in supply everywhere. :)

The closest thing I found lately was Saint's Row 2 CE for $30 (for both PS3 and 360), but that's nothing that hasn't been on Amazon. I missed out on Disgaea 3 for $25 as well because of an employee snatching it. >_

A deal like this really belongs in the Regional forums, or the YMMV Best Buy deal thread. No one else's Best Buy will have this deal.

I wouldn't sell them for $20 shipped. If you ship that priority or parcel it will cost you almost $10 to ship it. I would say $25 at the least.

Regretfully, I live two hours away from there. Had I been thinking, I would have grabbed more. It was the one by Guitar Center, by the way.

[quote name='Antic']The closest thing I found lately was Saint's Row 2 CE for $30 (for both PS3 and 360), but that's nothing that hasn't been on Amazon. I missed out on Disgaea 3 for $25 as well because of an employee snatching it. >_

To ninja dog not everyone wanting to get their hands on a copy are flipping it. Yes some people will do that but I actually want a playing copy for myself.

You people are just too negative sometimes.

I was at Best Buy (Orlando, FL) yesterday and they have now marked The Simpsons Game down to $4.99, YMMV.

3379355480_64e9fbc9b5.jpg

[quote name='ytsejam1138']I was at Best Buy (Orlando, FL) yesterday and they have now marked The Simpsons Game down to $4.99, YMMV.

3379355480_64e9fbc9b5.jpg
[/quote]

Complete YMMV with BB as always. Even the tag has 50% written on it, lol. Thanks either way though.

Any time there is a percentage taken off of the standard price at Best Buy it is YMMV, just a random manager approved clearance that will vary entirely by store.

For me the local Best Buy had such awesome deals as Quantum of Solace CE for $55 =\

[quote name='Exodo']What does YMMV stands for? I'll give them a call and find out.[/quote]

Your Market May Vary

[quote name='ninja dog']lol, the people who want to buy it for $25 are just going to flip it.[/quote]

on cag that is the truth:applause:

[quote name='Exodo']What does YMMV stands for? I'll give them a call and find out.[/quote]

[quote name='redanedan']Your Market May Vary[/quote]

While that may be a more technically accurate description, the generally agreed upon verbage is "Your Milage May Vary", i.e. the deal may not work the same for you as for someone else. In the case of Best Buy clearances with handwritten price tags/% off, it is almost always YMWV (Your Milage WILL Vary, i.e. you will not find this deal, unless you go to the same location as the OP). This sort of clearance is ordered at the store manager level, and is unlikely to be replicated by other Best Buys. You will not even be able to price match, because if another Best Buy checks the computer system to see that store's price, it will show the regular price. To get that price at the sale store, the clerk manually adjusts it at the register.

[quote name='ninja dog']lol, the people who want to buy it for $25 are just going to flip it.[/quote]

[quote name='12345654321']on cag that is the truth:applause:[/quote]

I don't know about you, but to me, that would be considered very bad form. If you get a deal and want to flip, more power to you. If another CAG gets a deal and is nice enough to pass it on to you, you should be the end user (unless you are giving it to someone else as a gift). Profiting from the generousity of another CAG is just wrong.

[quote name='ricoraney']I wouldn't sell them for $20 shipped. If you ship that priority or parcel it will cost you almost $10 to ship it. I would say $25 at the least.[/QUOTE]

Not to call you out but I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this one. 10 to ship priority is ridiculous. First of all, you would ship first class if its under weight because it is basically the same service. Second, even if you use the 2nd largest prepaid priority box it will still be less than ten dollars. You could probably fit 5 CEs in one of those boxes.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's $10 shipped at Newegg. Not as good, but still, as others have pointedout, this is Best Buy, so you aren't gonna find that price at your store.[/quote]
It's been sorta fluctuating between $8 and $10 at the egg - I've seen it drop twice, and just recently went back up - I think it'll drop again.

Also, why is it when posting on the INTERNET people don't use the INTERNET to look up simple things like YMMV? A google search of YMMV brought me the urbandictionary definition, very top.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maxgle']I saw plenty of copies today when I went to BB, but didn't bother check the price though. The game is pretty lame I must say.[/quote]

Soul Calibur is lame?

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']
Also, why is when posting on the INTERNET people don't use the INTERNET to look up simple things like YMMV? A google search of YMMV brought me the urbandictionary definition, very top.[/quote]

What is this "INTERNET" of which you speak?

[quote name='freshzen']Any time there is a percentage taken off of the standard price at Best Buy it is YMMV, just a random manager approved clearance that will vary entirely by store.

For me the local Best Buy had such awesome deals as Quantum of Solace CE for $55 =\[/QUOTE]

I got QOS CE 360 for $25 and saw Saint's ROW CE for $30.

Saw Lost for $10 bucks. Is that worth it?

Several 360 titles as well as Wii titles at the Prattville Alabama location for $10.

Itll be in a rack as soon as you walk in the door, slightly to the left. All the markdowns are entered in manually while the SKU's are updated in the computer, but there's clearly a sign that says "Everything in this rack, $10"

Some entries include:

Blitz The League
Rockstar Games Table Tennis
Blazing Angels 2
Need for Speed Carbon and Prostreet
WWE Smackdown Vs RAW 2007
That Might & Magic game.....Dark Messiah?
several more similar to the Walmart YMMV mentions in the walmart thread. I will snag a list up tomorrow most likely when I go back for Blitz.

Wii
A ton of titles from a company called Zoo....I think they made a ton a shovelware IMO.
I'll add more tomorrow from that as well.

The rack also included DS and PS2 titles. If there were any PS3 games, I either didn't notice, didn't care, or they were already sold out.

If yer in the tri-county, I recommend you at least make a visit as you're bound to spot something reasonable at the prices theyre being sold.

[quote name='guessed']I don't know about you, but to me, that would be considered very bad form. If you get a deal and want to flip, more power to you. If another CAG gets a deal and is nice enough to pass it on to you, you should be the end user (unless you are giving it to someone else as a gift). Profiting from the generousity of another CAG is just wrong.[/QUOTE]

well if you think everyone here is operating under some code of honor, then you're pretty naive. I bet the guy has gotten several pm about how they want the game for their dying child's birthday or how they've been wanting to play SCIV for so long and that they have to have this new, sealed collector's edition to simply play the game (along with questions about whether the cellophane is ripped and other ebay-ish inquiries), etc.

I would stray from calling stores. You would be surprised how a phone call can alert a employee that was unaware of the prices in their own store to spread the word quick.

BB Prattville Updated list:(All $10)

Wii
Resident Evil 4
Sega Superstars Tennis
Harvey Birdman Attourney at Law
Godzilla
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Zoo Published Games

DS
Sonic Rush
Zookeeper
Master Of Illusion
Uno 52
Zoo Published Games

Xbox 360
Need For Speed Carbon/Prostreet
Blitz: The League
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Cars
Lost
Dead or Alive Extreme 2
Shrek The Third
Stuntman Ignition
Two Worlds
Cabela's Alaskan Adventure
The Darkness
Juiced 2
Superman Returns
NBA Street Homecourt
Samurai Warriors 2
Dead Rising
Conan
ACME Arsenal
Might & Magic: Dark Messiah
Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis
Blazing Angels 2

After talking with a Best Buy rep it looks like they will add more titles to this each week, so she said to check back every monday for the new batch of $10 titles. Of note, NO PS3 games were on the rack. And the PS2 selection had absolutely nothing of note unless you like Nickelodeon titles or ported shovelware from the Wii selection.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']BB Prattville Updated list:(All $10)

Wii
Resident Evil 4
Sega Superstars Tennis
Harvey Birdman Attourney at Law
Godzilla
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Zoo Published Games

DS
Sonic Rush
Zookeeper
Master Of Illusion
Uno 52
Zoo Published Games

Xbox 360
Need For Speed Carbon/Prostreet
Blitz: The League
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Cars
Lost
Dead or Alive Extreme 2
Shrek The Third
Stuntman Ignition
Two Worlds
Cabela's Alaskan Adventure
The Darkness
Juiced 2
Superman Returns
NBA Street Homecourt
Samurai Warriors 2
Dead Rising
Conan
ACME Arsenal
Might & Magic: Dark Messiah
Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis
Blazing Angels 2

After talking with a Best Buy rep it looks like they will add more titles to this each week, so she said to check back every monday for the new batch of $10 titles. Of note, NO PS3 games were on the rack. And the PS2 selection had absolutely nothing of note unless you like Nickelodeon titles or ported shovelware from the Wii selection.[/QUOTE]

I saw a lot of those games for $9.99 (manually adjusted) at the King of Prussia, PA Best Buy...last summer.

For the ones in my local store, they were located on their own special rack just inside the entrance with a large blue sign indicating everything on that rack was $10, regardless of sticker price.

There's a second bin in the actual game location with games for 50% off, taking many down to $15 bucks or so as well. Most of the clearance/closeout deals will be in the aisles themselves, so if you walk the main aisle that circles the store you're bound to spot the clearance items. It was very similar to the Circuit City setup.

bread's done
Back