Official CAG board/card game topic. From Dominion to Battlestar we gots it all!

I'm heading to Dragon Con this weekend and plan to park myself in the gaming room for 3 days. They are holding a Catan Championship Qualifier that I'm hoping to jump in on.

Two things. First off is there any interest in wikifying the thread? Didnt know if anyone would actually add write ups on the front page for others to use for game reccomendations.

Second got together last night with friends for board games and had a blast. We played Summoner Wars, Wits and Wagers, Dice Town, Monty Python Fluxx and Poo. I was shocked by how much fun we all had playing Poo a $7 goofy little game. The poo humor was somewhat funny for low bro stuff, but for a game of its type it had a nice skill/luck mix too. O and I won all 5 games we played that night ;)

[quote name='dtcarson']No one yet. It's a work-in-progress being funded at Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mbies-deckbuilding-to-die-for-game?ref=search

A funding of 25 bucks will get you the game, a promo card, and free US shipping when it comes out.
The project's got about 2 weeks left on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, gives me all the more excuse to pick it up! Supporting an indy dev = good enough cause ;)

Edit - Picked up the $45 pack that included the game, promo cards and the expansion next year! I was tempted to pony up the big bucks for the $100-$150 one where they would take a picture of you and another of a friend, give it to their illustrator and make you and the friend one of the zombies in the expansion!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of going for the $45 pack as well. The game definitely looks cool and the deck building genre is becoming a favorite for me. It would also be my first signed game and that's kind of cool. I like the look of the ammo box set, but I think that's a bit too rich for me.

I just love Zombie stuff so much, its always been a favorite theme in board and video games as well as movies and books. I resisted...but it was just so freaking tempting to go big and get one of the special tins, the expansion card designed after you or one of the other cool things. I kept it basic though with just the game and its Xpack. I also kickstarted Carnivale though I am not as excited about it and went for just the game ;)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicehateme/carnival-a-deck-and-dice-game

I was tempted to get their "dice hate me" tshirt as well ;)

I did end up putting in my $45. I figure it's not too bad for both the game and the expansion (and promo cards). EDIT: of course if the game ends up sucking, it won't seem like such a good deal. :)

And there have been some extra goodies for backers. We're getting a zombie die now. Ok, not too exciting, but we do get the promo cards and such and hey, a free zombie die is a free zombie die. :) The game looks really cool. I wonder when they will ship the games out? Hopefully soon.

[quote name='crunchewy']And there have been some extra goodies for backers. We're getting a zombie die now. Ok, not too exciting, but we do get the promo cards and such and hey, a free zombie die is a free zombie die. :) The game looks really cool. I wonder when they will ship the games out? Hopefully soon.[/QUOTE]

Well and they said if the game makes the last few thousand to put it above $50k(its sitting at around $47)that they will include zombie card sleeves too.

They didn't make it to 50k, so no freebie sleeves. I ordered (and received) premium ones already anyway. Apparently the game should ship out in the next couple weeks. Also there are revised rules due to an error in the printed rules. You can download the revised rules here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/69528/eaten-by-zombies-english-rules

You need to type in the captcha thingy to get the download. There are also a few grammatical typos in the first print run. Stuff like "then" instead of "than". As well as an outright error on a box divider, but the card it refers to has the correct info on it. It's just the divider.

Psssshh they raise almost $50,000 and cant even print the rules right ;) I am super hyped for this game. Between it, Summoner Wars Xpack and my Quarriors finally coming October is going to be an awesome month.

Running away from the EBZ talk....I didn't get in on the kickstarter, but I don't know when I'd be able to play this one anyway.
Just got back last night from my big local con/invitational. Four days of gaming goodness with 150 great gamers from around the Southeast.
Got there Thursday about 10, got home about 1; Friday, about 10 till 4 in the morning; Saturday, gaming from 11 AM till 8 AM Sunday, then 2 hours of sleep in the hotel, then another 6 or so hours of gaming before i said "Yeah, I gotta go home".
Awesome weekend.
Here's some highlights/comments of what I played/saw:

3 games I saw being played quite a lot were:
King of Tokyo - fun fun dice press-your-luck monster game. Very quick, very easy, but there's some strategy to it. Plays 6 in about 20 minutes.
Quarriors - dice deck building. Deal out 3 spell cards, 7 monster cards, each one has 5 dice on it that give you different powers (money, rerolls, attack, etc). Buy the dice with the money you start with. It's much easier to manage than Dominion, since you drop the dice in a the bag, and it would be very easy to expand, since there are 10 or 12 different colors of dice. Liked it more than I thought I would.
Elder Sign - Tom Vasel called it 'Cthulhu yahtzee', but there's more to it than that. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play it.

Others I played:
Lords of Vegas
Nuns on the Run
Scepter of Zavandor
Modern Art
Keythedral
Belfort
Fresco
Poison
7 Wonders
Can't Stop
Mammut
Qwirkle Cubes
Code 777
Pitchcar
Star Wars Epic Duels
Tales of the Arabian Nights (This was great and is a boardgame version of the best parts of an RPG)
Long Shot
Kingsburg
Ghost Party (old Ravensburger game, I think; family/kids, and very quick, but fun.)
Catchphrase
Time's Up Title Recall
Password (the opposing team used the words
"vagina"
and "cartoon" to do
"contamination"
if that tells you what the mood at the time was.)
Space Alert - too tense for me, but I was also going on 2 hours of sleep
Dice Town
Defenders of the Realm (this was a replay with a guy who tried it the night before, but he was advancing the Generals on EVERY Darkness Spreads card)

I would play all those again except maybe Space Alert, Belfort, and Keythedral; I want to play KoT, Quarriors, Defenders, Long Shot, Tales, Ghost Party again, and I would buy Quarriors, King of Tokyo, and Ghost Party.

There was lots of other gaming going on - McMulti, Descent, Egizia, Puerto Rico came out, Here I Stand was being worked on, Songburst had everyone singing. I usually like light to middleweight, 2 hour max (unless I'm expecting it, like Arkham Horror) games, so I didn't do a lot of those.

Now I'm planning for Atlanta Game Fest, and maybe up to VA for a TAGS event.

So I'm an old softy when it comes to Games Workshop board games, and the new Dreadfleet looks particularly interesting. I am having a way too hard of a time pulling the trigger though. I mean, $115??? Really, Games Workshop?

Nice report, dtcarson, sounds like a lot of fun! I just got King of Tokyo and Quarriors last week, and finished building my new dice tower just in time to play them. Only one play each, but I'm liking them both so far!

I've got a question for the group. I want to pick up Catan but it would seem from some reviewers that this current edition is a little flimsy in its design.

Without going insane on price do you guys know where to get a studier board? I saw that The Catan Website is selling wooden pieces in the future but nothing about a board. Thoughts?

I play Catan quite often and have never broken or torn a board piece. Unless you are playing frisbee with the board tiles, the regular set will be fine.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I play Catan quite often and have never broken or torn a board piece. Unless you are playing frisbee with the board tiles, the regular set will be fine.[/QUOTE]

You have the new 4th edition (the one you can buy on Amazon right now)? The complaint is warping of the board or pieces not fitting well because of the cardboard on cardboard design.

[quote name='ZForce915']You have the new 4th edition (the one you can buy on Amazon right now)? The complaint is warping of the board or pieces not fitting well because of the cardboard on cardboard design.[/QUOTE]

I do. It's not the best quality material available, but unless you are abusing the hell out of it, you should be fine. For the cost of those designer boards, you can buy a half dozen regular editions.

My buddy and I have been playing Resident Evil: Deck Building Game (both sets) quite a bit. Also, we are back into HeroQuest, which is an amazing game!

For the deckbuilding fans out there, you should probably investigate Quarriors. It uses dice in place of cards, and they're randomly drawn from a bag. Pretty fun!

I was hyped up on Quarriors and played it at Gen Con, but couldn't pull the trigger on it for $50. It's a neat game, but I've talked myself out of it since then.

I got a crazy good deal on Arkham Horror the other day ($12.50 shipped) and started to play it solo tonight but I realized it was going to take way too much time. Do any of you have any tips on playing it solo?

I place a game order the other day and it's supposed to be in tomorrow. I picked up Survive: Escape from Atlantis! with the 5-6 player expansion, Biblios, For Sale, The Resistance, Coloretto, Rattlesnake, and a few Carcassonne expansions (Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders, and The Phantom).

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Only $13 for Arkham Horror??? Seriously, where did you get that deal, and is it still available???[/QUOTE]

I bought it used without the box off Amazon. It was actually $5 with $7.50 shipping.

Wow seriously $13 for AH is amazing. fuck I am not really that interested in the game since its such a big in depth game, but for $13 id grab it!

As for Quarriors, just wait till there are one or two other games you want and buy it online. I got it for I think like $27-$32 from coolstuffinc.com

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I place a game order the other day and it's supposed to be in tomorrow. I picked up Survive: Escape from Atlantis! with the 5-6 player expansion, Biblios, For Sale, The Resistance, Coloretto, Rattlesnake, and a few Carcassonne expansions (Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders, and The Phantom).[/QUOTE]

Biblios looks pretty cool, but I haven't picked it up just yet. Maybe in the next batch of games.

As simple as it is, I love For Sale. Great game!

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wow seriously $13 for AH is amazing. fuck I am not really that interested in the game since its such a big in depth game, but for $13 id grab it!

As for Quarriors, just wait till there are one or two other games you want and buy it online. I got it for I think like $27-$32 from coolstuffinc.com[/QUOTE]

I've honestly just talked myself out of Quarriors at this point. I was planning to buy it off of coolstuffinc, but I'm just going to wait for the next best dice "deck building" game to come out. There has to be one that'll eventually come out that'll improve upon the Quarriors formula.

Speaking of coolstuffinc,
use code CN41 to get $10 off of your first order of $50 or more

I found some of my old Avalon Hill games and I have a copy of their casual game Inventions. Man is that a terrible "game". The rules and gameplay are confusing. I was trying to play it with my 8 year old. Not possible. You have to interpret what it says as the key phrase instead of the key phrase just being printed there. And beside that it's just not really very much fun. The book itself is entertaining to look through, but as a game it's really awful. Avalon Hill sure didn't always have winners.

Yep, I got my copy yesterday and one of my kids and I are going to give it a play tonight. The game looks great.

And yes, that Miskatonic School for Girls game looks cool. I'd marked it for consideration. Not sure I'm ready to fund it yet. Will wait for more details.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yep, I got my copy yesterday and one of my kids and I are going to give it a play tonight. The game looks great.

And yes, that Miskatonic School for Girls game looks cool. I'd marked it for consideration. Not sure I'm ready to fund it yet. Will wait for more details.[/QUOTE]

I almost lost my damn copy. It came last yesterday afternoon with the mail but the damned mailman didnt knock or anything, just left it sitting on the sidewalk. I already had a copy of Fallout get stolen a month or two ago from them doing that. Lucky we went for a late night walk after dark and spotted it.....

As for Miskatonic School. As I said I definitely want to support it.....its just the price holding me back. I mean I have never seen a card game that expensive. Generally a $45 game when purchased online is something like Agricola or Puerto Rico which not only has a board but a lot of pieces to it. At $45 I could grab 2-3 card light card games or a mid box game with enough left over for a card game.

Summoner Wars Master Set finally comes out today! Hopefully the shipping does not take too long, really excited to get it and Quarriors.

What do you think of Eaten By Zombies? I've only played one partial game and the verdict is out for me. The game seems overly complex for what seems like a fairly random game, at least at first glance. I will be giving a full try out sometime soon. Probably this weekend. It's certainly a very nice looking set in any case. Hopefully it grows on with additional play time.

We like it, but it seems like one of those games that will get out every once and awhile at best. Its a bit complicated and the rulebook is horrible(someone actually created a topic complaining about it at BGG where many people agree). I think your right that it seems overly complex for this still of game and the crap rule book certainly did not help.

While I think intially it will see a little table time I have a feeling its one of those games we may forget the rules to slowly and then just never play again. That said I could see where this game has a lot of house rule potential. I have thought about eventually making a different games out of these cards. Like take and create decks like you would with Magic the gathering or other card games and thats what you have to work with.

Like for instance create a "Crazy Granpa" game where you have a few Granpas sheds and a lot of guns and ammo. Or a "Betty Homemaker" which is full of cards like sandwhich and grandmas pantry. Maybe even try and learn to make a few custom cards.

For those interested in more war-based games, Days of Wonder's Memoir '44 came out in an online version through Steam today. I'm downloading it now to see how it plays.

Update after checking it out:
The game is "free to play"... kind of. The way it works is that it has an in-game currency (gold ingots). After downloading it from Steam (no cost to do so), you are given an initial supply of 50 gold ingots. Each game you play (vs either an AI or a real person) costs you some of those gold ingots. Once you run out, you can purchase more with real money in order to keep playing. Basically, you can play about 25 games for free before you have to buy more credits.

Anyways, as someone who has never played the physical board game (but wanted to because Days of Wonder owns my soul), I saw this as a chance to learn the game for free. They've made it pretty easy to learn the game via a video tutorial. I lost my first attempt against the AI in about 18 minutes, but I didn't expect to win since I was learning how the things the video showed me translated to me actually doing it. After one game, I think I have a workable understanding of it, and I think it works pretty well in videogame form. I'm sure some things are streamlined for the digital format, but overall it feels like what I expected it to.

I'm not a fan of the "free until you get hooked" part, but it's definitely a serviceable way to get a handle on the game and decide if you like it or not.

Ok so my board games came today and I couldnt be happier(well unless my 3 MTG packs actually had a decent card in it vs the junk I got). After looking at our bills awhile back and deciding money was tight I called and had them remove Confusion from my order, they did and refunded me. Yet today when I opened up my package there sat Confusion. Yet it looks like the refund did go through. So I gots a free board game!

Besides that though I couldnt be happier because Summer Wars Master set is just amazing! My wife and I both listed Summoner Wars in our top 3 favorite games. The two complaints we had with the game were 1. It came with a crappy/annoying paper map and 2. The game was sold in two seperate boxes and we had a bunch of add ons as well. Meaning we had to lug around like 6 or 7 different boxes just to be able to play any deck we wanted.

The new Xpansion totally fixed both problems. The physical board is nice and sturdy and its pleasant on the eyes. Just as important though the box for Masters set had room for not only the 6 new decks but for all the old ones....with room to spair! All together I managed to fit everything in to this box and there is still room for another dozen or so decks. Its always nice whenever a developer plans ahead that way you dont have to lug around tons of stuff or constantly be buying a new big box.

Quarriors presentation I am torn on. The tin it came in is gorgous and one of the most visually appealing and compact games ever. However the tin is really really freaking thing. Mine came with a dent from being tossed around in the order and I feel like if you even look at the damn thing too hard it would dent.

@bigspoonybard - Is there an option to just outright buy the game vs buying gold over and over and over? If you have to constantly buy gold its an incredibly stupid business model. But if you can chose to outright buy the game or buy the gold then its an amazing idea on their part.

[quote name='MSI Magus']
@bigspoonybard - Is there an option to just outright buy the game vs buying gold over and over and over? If you have to constantly buy gold its an incredibly stupid business model. But if you can chose to outright buy the game or buy the gold then its an amazing idea on their part.[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, there is no outright purchase option. I agree; a full out purchase option would be an easy purchase.

They have modified the free/fee to play options since I played it the other day. Now, if you play the Pegasus Bridge or Juno Beach scenario, it will always be free. If you want to play other maps/scenarios, then you have to pony up from your supply of ingots. I suppose this makes your credits go further, but it's still not amazing.

Honestly, the pricing structure is the one thing that I have to complain about. I'm sure my credits will last me while as it is since I won't be playing it all the time, but it'd be nice to just have it and not worry about anything else.

After a full play of Eaten By Zombies, the game seems like a dud. Not much happens, then all of a sudden everyone is losing cards like crazy and then it's over. It never actually gets fun at any point. Plus there seems to be little reason to kill zombies. Doing so most likely means you will end up stuck with them in your hand, unable to get them out of your hand, which just means you'll never get a good hand again. Maybe I just don't get it, though. LOL.

I suppose you can take a risk and kill some zombies hoping that you'll get them in your hand in time before the first run through the deck is over, because at that point the runs through the deck accelerate exponentially and soon you can't get them out of your hand since each time through you need to draw an additional zombie each turn. So 2, then 3, etc. You almost certainly would never want to kill a zombie with an attrition of 2 (and never a 1).

The game just seems I'll-conceived. Pretty disappointing. I'll definitely be more wary of Kickstarter projects now. At least with Creatures I'll get some cool fridge magnets even if he game ends up sucking. LOL. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']After a full play of Eaten By Zombies, the game seems like a dud. Not much happens, then all of a sudden everyone is losing cards like crazy and then it's over. It never actually gets fun at any point. Plus there seems to be little reason to kill zombies. Doing so most likely means you will end up stuck with them in your hand, unable to get them out of your hand, which just means you'll never get a good hand again. Maybe I just don't get it, though. LOL.

I suppose you can take a risk and kill some zombies hoping that you'll get them in your hand in time before the first run through the deck is over, because at that point the runs through the deck accelerate exponentially and soon you can't get them out of your hand since each time through you need to draw an additional zombie each turn. So 2, then 3, etc. You almost certainly would never want to kill a zombie with an attrition of 2 (and never a 1).

The game just seems I'll-conceived. Pretty disappointing. I'll definitely be more wary of Kickstarter projects now. At least with Creatures I'll get some cool fridge magnets even if he game ends up sucking. LOL. :)[/QUOTE]

Having the zombies in your hand lets you choose when to pile them on to another player, causing a big loss at an inopportune moment.

I'm with you for the most part on the game, though. It's a little too basic, and doesn't escalate in an interesting manner. I'll play it again, but my expectations will certainly be lower. I much prefer Ascension to this for adding a type of combat to the deck-building genre.

[quote name='crunchewy']After a full play of Eaten By Zombies, the game seems like a dud. Not much happens, then all of a sudden everyone is losing cards like crazy and then it's over. It never actually gets fun at any point. Plus there seems to be little reason to kill zombies. Doing so most likely means you will end up stuck with them in your hand, unable to get them out of your hand, which just means you'll never get a good hand again. Maybe I just don't get it, though. LOL.

The game just seems I'll-conceived. Pretty disappointing. I'll definitely be more wary of Kickstarter projects now. At least with Creatures I'll get some cool fridge magnets even if he game ends up sucking. LOL. :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm we were with Jek. My wife and I agree with you that the game feels dull and seem to not really go anywhere, but our play experience was really different. We have played 3 or 4 games now(which should say how uninspired the game is since we have played like 20 games of Summoner Wars and another 20 of Quarriors in the same time frame)and in our games the first few turns could be kind of rough, but after you survived them the game got incredibly easy. Defeating zombies could also be pretty usefull, my wife and friend ran from them and I killed them and in return I was able to drop zombies on them the rest of the game.

Over all though the game just felt hollow though. It felt like it has many of the right mechanics to be a fun game....but just lacked a soul and it lacked a unique spin that made the game truly fun. I think that each character being a unique deck might have helped(like the mom has more sandwiches but little offense and the cop a lot of offense but no food).

I am thinking after a few more games if we still feel the same we I may try and make a variant for the game. I am thinking about maybe taking a lot of the cards you buy and adding them into unique decks. So as I said above the mom would have extra sandwiches and a few grandmas pantries where as the girl would have access to items that make sense in a school.

Yes, but you can't play zombies with an attrition equal to or lower than the number of zombies in the horde. After the first play through of the deck you put out 2 zombies per turn (plus any remaining), and then you go through the remaining zombies more than twice as fast and then you are at 3 zombies added per turn, etc. Soon you can't play the zombies in your hand and they stay there the rest of the game.

I was on the fence about backing EBZ, based on this feedback I'm glad I didn't. I don't have much call for deckbuilding games much anyway, and I'm sort of burnt out on them, but it sounded like it had a couple interesting tweaks. But not interesting enough, apparently.

I have backed Flash Point: Fire Rescue, Carnival, and most recently, Creatures. There's a lot of games on KS of varying apparent quality. What gets me is some of the backing levels. I've seen some where 1$ gets you "good karma" or "acknowledgement on our website", then there's nothing till the 50 or 60 buck level. I'm sorry, that's a lot of money for the ultimate blind buy.

Recent purchases:

* D&D Legend of Drizzt. This is supposed to be 'easier' than Ashardalon - I've played twice (solo) and gotten by butt kiicked within like three turns. Of course, once I rolled 20 for the monster, and a 1, 2, and 3 for my attack. I need to try it again, maybe non solo, but I'm feeling a little burned.

* Elder Sign. I like it a lot. Works fine solo. It definitely doesn't capture the whole feel of Arkham Horror, and it's easy to just flip cards and see what you need to do, but it combines enough eldritchness with the dice rolling that it's fun. It is easy to set up and plays in less than an hour which is bonus. I'm debating buying the iOS app for my ES on the go.

Recent purchase from Cool Stuff:
Survive - Escape from Atlantis, Catacombs, Tales of the Arabian Nights, and King of Tokyo.
I played each of these with my boy (he's 9) over the last few days - Catacombs thrice, KoT maybe 5 or 6 (it's real quick), Survive 2 or 3 and ToTaN once.

ToTaN's good as long as you can immerse yourself into the story and not just play for points. We started a short game, to 10 points, then when one of us made it he wanted to continue. I think the statuses add a little too much upkeep to the game, but we tried to balance that by only allowing one negative status at a time. I also find a website, $$$$$$$$$$$$/totan, that will make the encounter matrixes much easier to use (I was doing both the encounter matrix and the Book of Tales). This is definitely an experience more than a game, but there is a game in there. The first time I played it, it took like 3 hours, which is too long - but we had 4 players, none of whom had played before, and people weren't really focused on the game (it was at an event during a busy/loud time, it was difficult to get into the story frame of mind.)

Survive - fun. Although with only 2 players we either lost or rescued all our guys long before the island was fully sunk. It can be very backstabby or just 'everyone run', depending on how people play it. It moves very fast too.

KoT - another fun one although after playing it 5 times I'm not sure how much longevity it will have. I'm sure a lot of it depends on who you're playing with, and how many players - some cards were worthless with 2 players, some were awesome and looked worthless with more than 2. 2 players is certainly doable, but I fully see how more players is more stressful and exciting. I think each of our games was won by victory points.

Catacombs - I'm mixed about this one. He liked it a lot (you're flicking disks, of course he'd like it), but he wasn't really using a lot of the powers of the heroes. Some of the disks are hard to tell apart without a close scrutiny. It seems like there's a lot of fiddly setup for a quick game (ours were done in less than 1/2 hour). Again, with 2 players, I'm sure it's very different than with 5, but it does work with 2. And we had a couple instances of "I did hit it!" "No you didn't."

So those were my new purchases. Depending on the audience (as you can guess, my audience is primarily family/middleweight), and based on my current level of play, I think I'd rate them all around an 8 with a few caveats - ToTaN is longer and more experiential, you have to have people who can get into the story; Survive, you'd have to have folks who don't get irked in potentially confrontational games; KoT - nothing but confrontation, but quick and sillly enough that it's not a big deal; and Catacombs - not very deep but there's something primally cool about flicking disks, and the fantasy trappings make it more than just Sorry Sliders without scaring away people who aren't used to fantasy theme.

Oh, the 10-off coupon code (CN41) did work for me, although I wasn't a first time buyer. Didn't stack with my frequent purchase discount though, but my purchase did kick me up to the next level.

I was really tempted by Summoner Wars Master Set. That's a very nice package and quite a deal.

[quote name='dtcarson'] I have backed Flash Point: Fire Rescue, Carnival, and most recently, Creatures. There's a lot of games on KS of varying apparent quality. What gets me is some of the backing levels. I've seen some where 1$ gets you "good karma" or "acknowledgement on our website", then there's nothing till the 50 or 60 buck level. I'm sorry, that's a lot of money for the ultimate blind buy.[/QUOTE]

I have backed Dice Age and also Creatures on KS. Creatures looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I'm thinking about backing D-Day Dice as well.

I think I am going to back 3 more kick starters. 2 I am 90% sure of and 1 I am still on the fence about.

Rise
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...trategy-board-game-from-crash-ga?ref=category

Rise looks like a lot of fun and for the low asking price(like $20 or $30 with an exclusive kickstarter expansion)its worth a shot.

D-Day Dice
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325766284/d-day-dice-board-game

Again looks like a lot of fun and has some unique qualities. Reasonable asking price too and again comes with some kickstarter exclusives

Miskatonic School for Girls Deck building game
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1225737959/miskatonic-school-for-girls-deck-building-game

This is the one I am really on the fence about $45(or $50 with the kickstarter exclusive bonus cards)is a lot to ask for a deck building game. Still it looks fun, the art looks gorgeous and several people at board game geek that have played the unreleased build say its a lot of fun. I think I will end up biting on this, but iv been trying to wait to last minute in hopes of reviews getting posted.

bread's done
Back