Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

You need to wait for the mission to show up. You get it from the FWC vendor. According to reddit if you did it yesterday you probably won't see the quest until next Tuesday after reset.

Use the Bones of Eao for the Hunter on the ship and piston jumping if you have them.

Yea, that Level 30 theory has just enough logic in it that it might be true.  I'm not doing anything with my 310 Malice since it hits plenty hard and getting it back to 310 would be too time consuming, but I did buy a Level 40 - LL 280 NTTE just to try it out.  If you infuse your 290 into it you are pretty much back to where you started so doesn't really cost you anything other than some glimmer a few marks and a couple shards.

The Atheon kill for the NTTE quest was pretty hilarious.  One trip through the portal and Touch of Malice just wrecked him.  Even better was it dropped my old pal Chatterwhite!!!   Glad to see that is back in the game.

I ran with a DoD crew to take down Aetheon last night. Ended up annihilating three Gorgons just for fun and still strolled right through that part. Aetheon took one relic. I was holding it and didn't realize how quickly the group tore him up. That was hilarious. Running old stuff like this with the new weapons is a blast.

Last night I raided with io and had some fun.  Didn't get any upgrades, but it was a fun time.  Switched to my alt expecting to raid again, and the leader kicked me to let in someone else.  Thought that was a bit shady and gave her crap jokingly (because it's not the first time this has happened).  Now I'm clanless and without a normal raiding group, because she went psycho.

So, uh, who needs a well geared Titan for raiding in the future?  Hardmode raid comes out Friday.  I'm wanting to crack at it.  I'd love to join a consistent group that doesn't treat me like crap.  Seriously, who the fuck invites you to a small clan and then goes "Yeah, we decided to pull some LFG people despite you being on.  Didn't even think to ask you if you wanted in."

Note:  I don't mean this at io at all, because he's awesome.  Just the leader of his group . . . ugh.  So much bullshit.  Really pissed about that.

Last night I raided with io and had some fun. Didn't get any upgrades, but it was a fun time. Switched to my alt expecting to raid again, and the leader kicked me to let in someone else. Thought that was a bit shady and gave her crap jokingly (because it's not the first time this has happened). Now I'm clanless and without a normal raiding group, because she went psycho.

So, uh, who needs a well geared Titan for raiding in the future? Hardmode raid comes out Friday. I'm wanting to crack at it. I'd love to join a consistent group that doesn't treat me like crap. Seriously, who the fuck invites you to a small clan and then goes "Yeah, we decided to pull some LFG people despite you being on. Didn't even think to ask you if you wanted in."

Note: I don't mean this at io at all, because he's awesome. Just the leader of his group . . . ugh. So much bullshit. Really pissed about that.
You sent me an invite last night but my group had just finished one. We usually do ours around 830-9 EST on Tues and Wed if you want to pop into party to see if we are setting up.

You sent me an invite last night but my group had just finished one. We usually do ours around 830-9 EST on Tues and Wed if you want to pop into party to see if we are setting up.
Nice. Unfortunately that doesn't fit my work schedule very well, but I may be able to pop in on Wednesday occasionally. Thanks though!

Yea, that Level 30 theory has just enough logic in it that it might be true. I'm not doing anything with my 310 Malice since it hits plenty hard and getting it back to 310 would be too time consuming, but I did buy a Level 40 - LL 280 NTTE just to try it out. If you infuse your 290 into it you are pretty much back to where you started so doesn't really cost you anything other than some glimmer a few marks and a couple shards.
What is this level 30/level 40 weapon stuff? I mean, I play this game so much it is hard to believe there is something like that that I've never heard of ;).

I wish I could go in and kill Atheon but it looks like they aren't giving us the quest until probably the next time Paradox is the Daily. I thought it would be like Sleeper Simulant and give it to us after the daily reset but I had nothing then. Bah - just passed on that Daily the last time because it was only a ghost (that you couldn't even keep) for some grimoire and rep or so I was led to believe. Even I only have so much time to put into this stupid game...

Anyway, looking to run Nightfalls tonight with the new loot tables (plus chances at those Psion Flayer cloaks - yet to get one of those) if anyone is around after 10pm Pacific or so.

[quote name="io" post="12981461" timestamp="1445480000"] What is this level 30/level 40 weapon stuff? I mean, I play this game so much it is hard to believe there is something like that that I've never heard of ;).

I wish I could go in and kill Atheon but it looks like they aren't giving us the quest until probably the next time Paradox is the Daily. I thought it would be like Sleeper Simulant and give it to us after the daily reset but I had nothing then. Bah - just passed on that Daily the last time because it was only a ghost (that you couldn't even keep) for some grimoire and rep or so I was led to believe. Even I only have so much time to put into this stupid game...

Anyway, looking to run Nightfalls tonight with the new loot tables (plus chances at those Psion Flayer cloaks - yet to get one of those) if anyone is around after 10pm Pacific or so.[/quote]
I'll probably be on and am down to help.

What is this level 30/level 40 weapon stuff? I mean, I play this game so much it is hard to believe there is something like that that I've never heard of ;).
I posted it earlier today. I think I might have mentioned it when we were playing iron banner over the weekend, but it was so late I'm not even sure I mentioned it or not. You west coasters have me messed up still from when I was in Vegas last month. :beer:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/345358-official-cag-destiny-thread-20-taken-king-91515/page-62#entry12980393

I have been going the LFG route most of the time so if anyone ever needs someone for a raid let me know.

I posted it earlier today. I think I might have mentioned it when we were playing iron banner over the weekend, but it was so late I'm not even sure I mentioned it or not. You west coasters have me messed up still from when I was in Vegas last month. :beer:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/345358-official-cag-destiny-thread-20-taken-king-91515/page-62#entry12980393
Yeah I read that - still didn't quite understand it though. What I meant was I didn't even realize they had levels on them. I'll have to look more closely. However, it was my understanding that the levels mean nothing any more, other than gating when you can equip certain pieces (ie you need to be level 40 to wear most of the good gear). I thought all the nerfing was based on overall light level. That also means that the level (even light level) of any particular weapon does not matter - it is your overall light level, which is influenced by armor (and ghosts/artifacts/class items) as well as weapons, that effects your "nerf" level. That seemed pretty clear in the Raid early on when people in the 280's were doing half the damage at Warpriest or Golgoroth than people who were in the 290's (and again at 290's vs. 300's).

So I'm thinking that is wrong on two levels. 1) The actual Guardian rank level (ie, 30 or 40) is just a barrier to equipping things and has no effect on damage. 2) Individual weapons are not even treated separately - it is all based on your overall light level.

I could be wrong with all of that, but that was my impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't done a raid all week (or last) since I was sick, so if anyone else is still looking to get something going, look me up Friday night.

Ran strikes and a lot of Dust Palace last night trying to get a flayer cloak, but no luck.  Seems like I see a lot of people running with them, so I figure the drop rate must be decent...right?

Ran strikes and a lot of Dust Palace last night trying to get a flayer cloak, but no luck. Seems like I see a lot of people running with them, so I figure the drop rate must be decent...right?
Dunno - I kind of gave up on it then, what do you know, tonight I run a Nightfall and get crap rewards from that (a 283 machine gun or something) but I did get the Void cloak (it drops right from the last Flayer as opposed to end-screen rewards). So now my Hunter is rocking that purple. I tried grinding Court of Oryx for a bit to get a high (297 or so) class item so I can make the jump up to Raid cloak levels and then use my 304 Raid cloak on it. But I don't want to try to jump from 293 to 304 as I'll lose a few crucial levels there. Unless I can find something quick I won't be able to wear it for the Hard raid...

Have to admit they got one big thing right in this expansion and that is infusion. It is really nice to be able to pick some alternative gear and then try to figure out the best way to get it up to the highest level possible. Now my Warlock is rocking a 308 Omnigul Bond, my Hunter will soon hopefully have a 304 Psion Flayer Mantle (with a 300+ Iron Banner cloak as an alternate), and I may have my Titan level up the Mark of the Undying Mind to the level of his Raid mark.

It is way better than Vanilla Destiny and TDB when everyone looked the same at max level. And I feel it is an improvement over House of Wolves which made it too easy to max different things out. Now you have to be selective and careful in levelling stuff up - and it gives you a use for duplicate Raid gear from all those runs where you don't get the sniper or a helm ;).

Speaking of Raid gear, I hopped into VoG for the first time in a while so I could get the Atheon checkpoint for next week (hopefully the quest for that No Time To Explain opens up then if not sooner). It was kind of hilarious. I was dead for Confluxes and then helped with Oracles/Templar. I got boots. Then I went to the Tower for a bit and came back just as they were finishing the Gatekeeper and I got the chest piece. I left after that to save the checkpoint but when I checked my post I had Praedyth's Revenge in there. So I got 3 loot drops from just part of the notoriously stingy VoG raid (when they are now useless of course). Oh crap, and I forgot I did go to the exotic chest before the Gorgon maze and pulled a year 1 Truth from that as well!

[quote name="io" post="12981461" timestamp="1445480000"] What is this level 30/level 40 weapon stuff? I mean, I play this game so much it is hard to believe there is something like that that I've never heard of ;).

Anyway, looking to run Nightfalls tonight with the new loot tables (plus chances at those Psion Flayer cloaks - yet to get one of those) if anyone is around after 10pm Pacific or so.[/quote]
When I ran the mission with Chubby and Drunkz I thought the payoff sacked. Glad I did it now though.

Something good did happen to me yesterday.  From a legendary heavy weapon engram I got a 290 Thunderlord.  Never even managed to acquire that gun in yr 1.

Anyone want to knock out the old raids on hard mode? I'm looking to knock them out for free weapon parts and motes of light. I want to rank up and get my exotic faction item.

Good thing everybody worked so hard at Iron Banner:

Lars: Last week, it was clear to us that you were frustrated by the Iron Banner reward drops, and rightly so! It turns out that, when we started digging into the issue, we uncovered a nasty bug that affected how Legendary drops happen throughout the Crucible, including Iron Banner.

We’re working hard to ensure that the next Iron Banner will work as intended, and be even better than before. These changes will make your entire Crucible career more rewarding. Once the final details are locked, we’ll be sure to share them with you. Thanks for all the feedback, and may the Lords of Iron reward your future bravery.

It would have been nice to know while it was going on. I'd be surprised if they didn't discover this in the middle of things, but who knows.

I think I've done all my Taken King quests except finishing the Raid. Even well over a month in I still feel like I have a lot of options on things to do in the game.

Really surprised Hard mode was beaten in less than two hours. Kind of a buzzkill really.

I was hoping for some major changes but from everything I have seen it is all just relatively minor changes that just makes everyone need to play on point even moreso than before is all. 

I think I've done all my Taken King quests except finishing the Raid. Even well over a month in I still feel like I have a lot of options on things to do in the game.
Have you not beaten it at all yet? We need to get that done for you - normal is pretty easy now.

Really surprised Hard mode was beaten in less than two hours. Kind of a buzzkill really.

I was hoping for some major changes but from everything I have seen it is all just relatively minor changes that just makes everyone need to play on point even moreso than before is all.
I didn't think anyone had done it yet. The streamers the guys I was playing with were watching were struggling at Oryx.

So we didn't beat it in 2 hours, but we did get to Oryx in 2 hours and then stopped because people had to do other stuff.

Here's my rundown:

A couple of common themes:

1) Of course no respawn just like all the other hard mode raids.

2) Enemies are higher level (42 with 300-320 light depending on where you are). So every part, even if it is otherwise the same, is tougher as a result. But it isn't too bad up until Oryx.

3) All armor and weapon drops are "Harrowed" versions of the previous ones and look different and are 310-320.

1) First part (portal) is the same. You do not get anything from the chest if you've done it on Normal.

2) Ship jumping is the same except that there is no middle platform, which just makes it slightly more annoying, but not really any harder. The chest in the ship portion also gives nothing extra.

3) Runes/totems is the same except a few yellow-bar Knights spawn some time in the middle of the fight. They are just much harder to take out than the old ones. The chest here gave me nothing but a few people got Harrowed Midha's Reckoning (the fusion rifle). So it is a random potential drop. But I think only 2 of the 6 people got it.

4) Warpriest is pretty much the same as well. Except at some point he gets this light around his head and then he shoots rockets at you. Or at least that's what some of the other guys were saying. I didn't notice that myself. I got my first drop here: a 318 Harrowed Elulim's Frenzy (the rocket launcher). Considering my best Raid heavy was a 304 that was a huge upgrade. My only 310 heavy is Truth and I can't use that when using Black Spindle or Touch of Malice in the raid. That put me from 308 to 309. I think maybe everyone but 1 guy got a drop here (either the rocket launcher, machine gun, or that sniper that continues to elude me - same as Normal). The Harrowed rocket launcher (and all the drops, presumably) look different (and much cooler).

5) We didn't open the Golgoroth maze chest because we heard it was the same as the others - no reward beyond Normal. Golgoroth was where it started to get considerably harder. It really isn't any different except that one person randomly gets a debuff that causes anyone near you to explode! So that person has to jump out of the pool of light so they don't kill everyone else. So that is a new mechanic to keep your DPS a little lower since it takes one of the 5 out of the pool. Nearly everyone got an armor drop from Golgoroth. Mine was a huge upgrade since I was still using 296 boots (while my chest and arms were 310). I went from 296 to 313 in the boot slot. Could have been better but I'm not complaining. That put me at 310!

5) The "exotic" chest in the piston part did not give us anything - so it is not like the one in VoG. Daughters is pretty much exactly the same as before. We felt we still could have finished them off in 2 turns but it was a bit tricky getting that second one down quickly enough so we ended up doing it in 3. The only difference seems to be more adds spawn in between the turns. I got NOTHING from this fight which was a huge disappointment. A couple people got the Harrowed shotgun and one guy got the new Hunter cloak (though only at 310). It is cool though as it is all black.

6) We didn't even try Oryx as people had to go. But even at 310, I was seeing the enemies as red so the problem here will be DPS. From what the guys watching the streamers were saying, the other big difference is that a Light-Eater Knight spawns after each ogre and will erase the bubble if you don't kill them quickly. Sounds pretty challenging and the streamers were struggling with it. Once people get to the 310-315 range, though, I imagine it will get much easier.

So all in all, the hard mode isn't all that hard. Now keep in mind we had 3 self-rezzing Warlocks so that saved us quite a bit. But just like Normal mode, once everyone get up high enough and gets the new (very similar) mechanics down, people shouldn't die so much. I feel like it is less of a difference than Atheon was from normal to hard and probably on par with how Crota was.

I don't know that I'll get it done this weekend, but I certainly hope to push my other 2 characters up through Golgoroth at least since those 3 potential drops (fusion rifle at totems, rocket/MG/sniper at Warpriest, armor at Golgoroth) can make a big difference for the Oryx portion.

I should add that I got no moldering shards the entire time.  I have 12 right now and would really like 20 for beating Oryx on hard.  8 is just a few too many to buy from Eris though (considering each one is 15 hadium flakes plus 2500 glimmer).  But it looks like you don't get any more than you do from Normal.

I think the way the drops work in this raid is a little different than the others.  It appears the chests are just normal mode drops and none have anything extra (unlike the one chest in VoG).  We'll have to see what someone who hasn't done the raid on Normal also gets, but I read somewhere that you get Normal + Hard drops if that is the case.  But is it like VoG where you got two drops from the hard pool, which included both normal and hard stuff (where, for example, you could get 2 Fatebringers from the same checkpoint), or is it truly a normal item + hard item?

I've gotten up to the deathsingers with Chubby's group and that's about it. I will probably have time to commit more time this week to do a run and I think if I can level up my no time to explain that should help with the boss fights as well. The raid doesn't seem that tough as long as you are able to do damage.

I've gotten up to the deathsingers with Chubby's group and that's about it. I will probably have time to commit more time this week to do a run and I think if I can level up my no time to explain that should help with the boss fights as well. The raid doesn't seem that tough as long as you are able to do damage.
If most of the people in the group are mid-300's and have Touch of Malice, the deathsingers and Oryx go quick.

We got pretty close with deathsingers but it was just getting too late. Unfortunately for me since I haven't run the raid a ton I am sitting at about 297 max light. Which isn't horrible. My ghost really brings me down since that is 280. I should probably run nightfall first and hope for a good ghost drop.

We got pretty close with deathsingers but it was just getting too late. Unfortunately for me since I haven't run the raid a ton I am sitting at about 297 max light. Which isn't horrible. My ghost really brings me down since that is 280. I should probably run nightfall first and hope for a good ghost drop.
Damn that sucks. My very first Raid item I think was a 304 ghost from the chest after the portal! And I've gotten several more (up to 309) since then. But yeah, 297 isn't bad. Even if just 3-4 people are mid-300's with Touch of Malice, it goes quick.

One thing we didn't see from the Hard raid at all was a 310+ ghost. So I really wonder if running it on hard without doing normal can give you better ghosts from those chests that didn't drop anything for us this time.

I'm also wondering where a 320 artifact is going to come from - maybe a quest that has not unlocked yet?

I should add that I got no moldering shards the entire time. I have 12 right now and would really like 20 for beating Oryx on hard. 8 is just a few too many to buy from Eris though (considering each one is 15 hadium flakes plus 2500 glimmer). But it looks like you don't get any more than you do from Normal.

I think the way the drops work in this raid is a little different than the others. It appears the chests are just normal mode drops and none have anything extra (unlike the one chest in VoG). We'll have to see what someone who hasn't done the raid on Normal also gets, but I read somewhere that you get Normal + Hard drops if that is the case. But is it like VoG where you got two drops from the hard pool, which included both normal and hard stuff (where, for example, you could get 2 Fatebringers from the same checkpoint), or is it truly a normal item + hard item?
Bungie said if you haven't beaten a checkpoint on normal and you beat it on hard first you will get a chance at one drop from the normal's pool of rewards and a drop with a chance at hard's pool of rewards. You can only get a chance at each difficulty's pool once per character so if you beat it on hard there is no need to beat it on normal as you would have already exhausted that character's potential drops for the week.

Bungie said if you haven't beaten a checkpoint on normal and you beat it on hard first you will get a chance at one drop from the normal's pool of rewards and a drop with a chance at hard's pool of rewards. You can only get a chance at each difficulty's pool once per character so if you beat it on hard there is no need to beat it on normal as you would have already exhausted that character's potential drops for the week.
Right but the issue is if it is like VoG where the "hard' pool included both normal and hard so you could get double-hard mode drops or like Crota where it was only hard mode drops.

Some idiot on the Bungie forums posted this in his "FAQ":

Q: Do I get loot from Hard Mode if I ran Normal Mode already?
A: Yes. It's just like Crotas End and Vault of Glass. Either run the raid 6 times a week, 3 normal mode then 3 hard mode, or run it 3 times a week, 3 hard mode and get double loot. As far as chests go (immediately after portal into raid, Golgoroths maze, Bumper maze) it's just like VOG and CROTA. Only once a week.
Given that VoG and Crota are different nothing can be "just like" both of them ;). Also the exotic chest in VoG had more stuff in hard mode.

But someone else who ran three characters through confirmed that it is indeed a Normal + Hard drop if you only do hard mode. So running Normal first does not penalize you in this case is it did with VoG. Nor does running only in hard preclude you from the normal drops like Crota (for those like me who were still looking for Hunger of Crota many months later ;).). Now in this case it would have been better if it was hard-mode only drops since those seem to be just better versions of the normal stuff (with the possible exception of ghost shells).

So, then, I'm wondering where 310+ ghost shells come from since they only seem to be Normal drops.

One thing we didn't see from the Hard raid at all was a 310+ ghost. So I really wonder if running it on hard without doing normal can give you better ghosts from those chests that didn't drop anything for us this time.
On the run I was in, I managed to pull a 314 ghost (At least I think it was 314. I know it was over 310), and this was after completing normal already.

Death Singers, on the other hand, fucked me and gave me literally nothing. But I also got a 317 sniper rifle and 314 boots. All in all, not a bad run. We didn't get Oryx either though.

Yea I ran all 3 normal raids last night and then did a hard mode today with io and his group.  Got pretty good drops overall - 314 Fusion, 314 shotty, 313 Rockets w/tracking and 314 Chest.  Can't really complain about that

I am 1 point away from 309 on my warlock now.  If I could get a higher class item that would get me close to 310 but those are all based on RNG drops.  

On the run I was in, I managed to pull a 314 ghost (At least I think it was 314. I know it was over 310), and this was after completing normal already.

Death Singers, on the other hand, fucked me and gave me literally nothing. But I also got a 317 sniper rifle and 314 boots. All in all, not a bad run. We didn't get Oryx either though.
I got nothing from Deathsingers either.

yea 310+ ghosts are dropping like flies. except for me i got a 306
What chest did you guys get those from though? All the chests that would normally drop those gave nothing to anyone on our team except the Harrowed fusion rifle for 1 or 2 people.

Did another hard mode run up to Oryx and once again no one in the entire fireteam got a 310+ ghost shell. 

I did pick up a 317 machine gun from Warpriest but that doesn't help me too much when I already have the 318 rocket launcher.  I got some better gloves for my Titan (like 313).

So a rando in our raid was saying that once you hit 311 you have a chance of decoding exotic engrams at 320.  My Warlock was just a shade under 311 but then I realized I had a ghost shell that was 1 light level higher than the one I was using on my Warlock.  Since I had 307, 308, and 309 shells I never bothered switching them around since that usually doesn't make much difference.  Well, it turned out my Warlock was so close to 311 that giving her the 309 one instead of the 308 boosted her to 311.  Sweet! 

However, I wish I looked at reddit first.   Being 311 does give you one big perk: all exotic engrams decrypt at 310.  But it does not seem like any 320's are dropping yet.  Lots of people posted about doing 10+ engrams and getting all 310's.  I only bought 2 so that wasn't too bad - but I am really low on coins.  I may grind some PoE Saturday night for coins/engrams if anyone is interested.

I still have my Hunter to run through hard mode Raid too.  Tonight we got the sisters in 2 turns - was pretty easy actually except for a few wipes from all the adds and needing to hurry a bit more in between the two rounds.  We then tried Oryx and that was a cluster fuck.   But at least I have some idea of what it is like now.  A titan (which I was) with a blessing of light bubble up on the deathsinger platforms can spam Touch of Malice to help take down the ogres and light-eater knights.  But the people on the platforms kept dying so we never made it past one cycle (we actually staggered him a few times but that was it).  It was also being really laggy and people were getting tired.  The Ogres would go from 0 to full health and teleport around.   That does not make things fun.

Oh yeah, the two chest engrams that I decoded on my Warlock: Crest of Alpha Lupi for the Hunter, Crest of Alpha Lupi for the Titan.  Destiny RNG strikes again!  At least I didn't have a 310 for one of those.  And the other I suppose I can use to infuse my Hunter Raid chest piece up from 306 to 310 which might help a bit.

All you hard mode people and your fancy 310+ gear and ghost shells.  I ran normal up to deathsingers last night and all I got was a pair of 310 boots and a ton of shards.   :???:   Going to finish tonight or tomorrow, so hopefully the sisters and Oryx are a bit kinder to me, given that I got squat from the first 3/4 of the raid this week.

Got a 310 RL, 318 gauntlets, and 312 bond. I'm up to 309 now, we stopped at Oryx.
(and he complained about getting this stuff) Spoiled I tell you : P

Yeah we ended up grabbing an LFG group of 3 last night since everyone was already doing the Raid pretty much. I only got a 315 Sniper and a 313 pair of boots but it was at least enough to push me to 310 (just a small amount away from 311 actually). I hope to do another Hard run tonight hopefully on my Warlock. Maybe then I can use that gear to boost my Hunter and have her high enough of a light level that I could join another 310+ group and at least finish off Oryx as that was like half of the LFG posts I saw the other night.

LOL only complained about the RL, you guys scored 315 and 318 weapons when I got my measly 310. But the game did redeem itself when I got my gauntlets at 318.

Common theme is everyone is stopping on Oryx! It's way to difficult until people start getting at least 310+ light. I'm currently 310 light and felt like I was struggling with DPS

I hope to do another Hard run tonight hopefully on my Warlock. Maybe then I can use that gear to boost my Hunter and have her high enough of a light level that I could join another 310+ group and at least finish off Oryx as that was like half of the LFG posts I saw the other night.
If you haven't done that run yet let me know - would like to get one in on my Hunter before reset. It seems like everyone at least gets a weapon from Warpriest (and one of these days he has to give me a sniper, right?) and an armor piece from Golgoroth. Even if I just did it up through there I'd be happy. Hell, I'd take a Warpriest/Golgoroth only run since the earlier and later parts have given me jack squat so far.

All you hard mode people and your fancy 310+ gear and ghost shells. I ran normal up to deathsingers last night and all I got was a pair of 310 boots and a ton of shards. :???: Going to finish tonight or tomorrow, so hopefully the sisters and Oryx are a bit kinder to me, given that I got squat from the first 3/4 of the raid this week.
Anything 310 is an awesome pull from the Normal raid even if that was all you got the entire time. I've lost count of how many 300 items I've gotten... Like I said before, my Warlock made a huge jump when the HM gave me 318 boots because the best I could do before that was 296. Normal never gave me any sort of boots.

Deathsingers have been horrible on HM - no drops whatsoever the two times I've run it. Meanwhile other people get 318 cloaks and such. Ugh.

Real bummer when you are into the third cycle of Oryx and lag hits.. 

Anyway my Warlock is now 311/312 and the amount of incremental damage you do for each level past 310 is extremely noticeable. My Titan wasn't so lucky and got a 311 chest piece so he's at like 310.9999999.

I still need to run it on my hunter so if you guys see me on and need one feel free to shoot me an invite. I have only gotten 1 raid drop on my hunter (a 302 chest) since launch so I'm looking forward to what these guaranteed HM drops will get me.

Okay, can anyone tell me if this is a known bug:  I had a deathsingers checkpoint from Friday night.  I know for a fact that is where we stopped.  But last night when I put a group together and we went in, it took us right to Oryx. A couple weeks ago, when I played with Gotdot, there was a guy with us who said he had a Deasthsingers CP and then we ended up at Oryx and he seemed really confused.  I thought he just screwed up, but now it happened to me, so I'm wondering if this is a regular glitch.

Anyway, Oryx was kinder to me in terms of loot than the rest of the raid:  Smite of Merain PR (302), Ghost Shell (300), the shader, and Zhalo Supercell (310).  I was real happy about the Zhalo since I didn't even have a 3oC active at the time.  Wish I would have gotten some higher defense on the shell, but that was my first one so I won't complain too much.

So...all is well.  Except I still haven't beat the sisters this week (actually, ever) so I really need to do that so i can get my ToM.  If anyone has a legitimate CP for them and needs a 6th, please let me know.  Actually had some practice running when Torn the other day and got pretty good at it, so at least I know what I'm doing there now.

I know I'm late to the exoctic sword party, but I've been putting it off because of the crucible (I'm not a crucible fan). Well, I got those 25 kills in about an hour. It was nowhere near as bad as I imagined. Beat Ecthar without a problem.

So yeah. I'm on the Rare materials/ability kills part. The kills are coming along okay, but I'm barely finding any Helium Coils to open. I have a ghost for every other material. It doesn't help that I can't get into an instance by myself. It seems like there's always someone else around and they're messing up my search.

Ugh. I know it'll happen and it just takes time.

/Rant

I know I'm late to the exoctic sword party, but I've been putting it off because of the crucible (I'm not a crucible fan). Well, I got those 25 kills in about an hour. It was nowhere near as bad as I imagined. Beat Ecthar without a problem.

So yeah. I'm on the Rare materials/ability kills part. The kills are coming along okay, but I'm barely finding any Helium Coils to open. I have a ghost for every other material. It doesn't help that I can't get into an instance by myself. It seems like there's always someone else around and they're messing up my search.

Ugh. I know it'll happen and it just takes time.

/Rant
I know what you mean, it's pure tedium. At least the moon is one big loop you can run. By the end, I didn't even need my ghost to spot the deposits, I was just on autopilot running from place to place.

Speaking of swords, I need to do SC for my void one of these nights. Anyone else?

Did another Hard run this time on my Warlock up until Oryx and damn I forgot how much easier Hard Mode Raids are when you can revive!

I didn't get anything stellar but I did at least get a 313 Machine Gun, 305 chest (hadnt run normal) and I believe a 315 or so Gauntlet. My Warlock now is 309, Hunter is 310 and then I don't even know what piddly level my Titan is haha I think like 304 or so. With my new weapons though I should be a bit higher on my Titan. I hope to run one last Hard run until Oryx at least tonight with my Titan then. 

3 Hard mode runs up to Oryx - not a single drop from runes/totems (supposedly where these make-believe 310+ ghost shells drop from - in 3 runs not a single person in my group got one).  And also not a single drop (for me) from Deathsingers.  Only 1 or 2 others in the groups got something.

It seems like a 310+ machine gun/rocket launcher/sniper is guaranteed from Warpriest and a 310+ armor item from Golgoroth though.  So those are definitely the checkpoints you want to hit.  Now we'll see if that keeps up for week 2 - that could have just been the guaranteed first time drop like when you kill Oryx for the first time and get multiple things.  I'm sure it will go back to giving me nothing at both parts like it did for most of my Normal runs.

My best item was the 318 rocket launcher I got on my first run.  Since then I've gotten two machine guns at 316 and 317 I think.  So I have that extra 316 to use on another heavy weapon.  I'm trying to decide if I want to use it on a sword or possibly on my 310 Truth.  Truth would just be for Iron Banner/Trials and wouldn't help me in the Raid.  But then neither would a sword since I need to use a legendary (my 318 rocket launcher) in that slot for most, if not all, of the Raid.

My armor items were: 1) 313 boots for the Warlock, which is kind of a meh roll except like I said before that bumped me up from 296 so that was a big increase.  2) 314 gauntlets for the Titan (also a big jump since my previous Raid gauntlets were 300). My Titan is still using 298 boots so hopefully I get something for that slot next week.  3) 316 gauntlets for my Hunter (had 305 before). 

So all in all, pretty good jumps of 10+ in one armor slot for all 3 characters.  My class items and ghost shells, which used to be a strength, are now all of a sudden holding me back now though.  Hopefully one of those things drops for me next week though it sure as hell seemed broken this week.   There's nothing more frustrating than making it through the Deathsingers fight, especially when you get torn and have to do the stressful jumping part, only to get nothing for it.  fuck you Bungie.

I still want to run some level 32 PoE if anyone from CAG is up for that.  It is a good way to farm exotic engrams and strange coins this week as it has the 3 bosses.  I have 5 treasure keys on each character and might as well use them to get some strange coins if nothing else.

I'm wondering if the people who got 310+ ghost shells had not run Normal first yet?  I know there is supposed to be different loot tables but we all know how broken this game can be.  It just seems astounding to me that they are "dropping like flies" for gotdott but not a single one in the groups I was in (where everyone had done Normal already).

I'm also wondering how moldering shards will work in hard mode.  Do they give you a guaranteed hard mode item, or just normal?  I didn't even have enough this week as I used them in all 3 Normal runs as I was really trying to get a helmet.  Next week I can see still not getting Oryx done on hard, so what I'll probably do is 3 x runs on Hard first up through Deathsingers, then Oryx kills on Normal and probably save my shards for when I do kill Oryx on hard unless we hear something more about this.

Oh crap - maybe I can get an Oryx kill in this week.  There is an "easy" strategy where you go up on the platform with the relic and don't kill the ogres until after you stun Oryx (when they are near the middle).  Then jump down and detonate and you do it before the Light-Eater Knights get to them.  Apparently you also ignore the brand Knight as well?  I thought you had to kill him but I guess not.  Wow...

bread's done
Back