Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see an issue with ordering CEs from Amazon if you're gonna open it. Collecting them on the other hand is a much different story.
I really can't agree with any part of that statement. I have an enormous game collection, all opened, and all mint. Just because someone has the good sense to actually use/enjoy the things they buy, doesn't mean that they don't care about the condition of them.

Amazon is notorious for shipping things like shit. This isn't a vocal minority on the internet. It may be a minority that cares about condition, but that doesn't mean that it's a minority that receives damaged items. They have temporarily taken down many an item--due to all the returns from damage caused by poor packaging--for fuck's sake.

I really can't agree with any part of that statement. I have an enormous game collection, all opened, and all mint. Just because someone has the good sense to actually use/enjoy the things they buy, doesn't mean that they don't care about the condition of them.

Amazon is notorious for shipping things like shit. This isn't a vocal minority on the internet. It may be a minority that cares about condition, but that doesn't mean that it's a minority that receives damaged items. They have temporarily taken down many an item--due to all the returns from damage caused by poor packaging--for fuck's sake.
It's likely that they also sell more CE's then any other retailer. Sometimes I wonder if they outsell Gamestop.

I've never had a problem but I usually add other items to the order to force them to use a box. The only ones I've had problems with are CE's that were poorly constructed

I've never had problems with their shipping either. My South Park CE came wonderfully packed. The box it was shipped in could have easily fit two CEs if needed. But I guess in these cases it's hit or miss.

Amazon has fulfillment centers out there that pack well.  I used to receive items primarily from one that did.  That changed when they opened a new fulfillment center closer to my location. 

I don't doubt that some people can have a positive experience with Amazon's packaging.  But, they have no standard across their fulfillment centers.  The one that almost all of my orders come from (Chattanooga, TN) is horrible.

Amazon has fulfillment centers out there that pack well. I used to receive items primarily from one that did. That changed when they opened a new fulfillment center closer to my location.

I don't doubt that some people can have a positive experience with Amazon's packaging. But, they have no standard across their fulfillment centers. The one that almost all of my orders come from (Chattanooga, TN) is horrible.
Exactly. Like, it's possible that you'll have a great experience, but it's also extremely possible that it will go horrible wrong. Why even risk that?

I've never had problems with their shipping either. My South Park CE came wonderfully packed. The box it was shipped in could have easily fit two CEs if needed. But I guess in these cases it's hit or miss.
Where did you order from? I got mine from Best Buy and it had air bags and stuff but it was pushed up against the side of the box. Mine had a dented corner too but I didn't really mind since I opened it right away and don't display the box.

Maybe its cause I've never received a damaged item. Also, I'm not stating that its ok that you get a shitty, damaged item. I merely was saying if you're going to open the product and it has a small scratch or a small dent or even on the back, then its not a big deal.

Maybe its cause I've never received a damaged item. Also, I'm not stating that its ok that you get a shitty, damaged item. I merely was saying if you're going to open the product and it has a small scratch or a small dent or even on the back, then its not a big deal.
Your own experience is purely anecdotal, though. In my experience, I've received many damaged items and many non-damaged items. That is more than enough for me to not risk it when there is a safer option, like Gamestop. My own experience is also anecdotal, though. This forum is a fairly good way to get an idea of whether item 'x' is coming damaged or not. It may not be the largest sample size, but should give you a better idea of the overall trend than just your own, personal experience. As for the latter point, it still depends on the person. There are many 'collectors'--like me--that really only want mint items--even though they open all of their things.

Your own experience is purely anecdotal, though. In my experience, I've received many damaged items and many non-damaged items. That is more than enough for me to not risk it when there is a safer option, like Gamestop. My own experience is also anecdotal, though. This forum is a fairly good way to get an idea of whether item 'x' is coming damaged or not. It may not be the largest sample size, but should give you a better idea of the overall trend than just your own, personal experience. As for the latter point, it still depends on the person. There are many 'collectors'--like me--that really only want mint items--even though they open all of their things.
Mint is relative depending on who you are talking to. I've become too OCD with my collection being "mint" that I can find every single minor flaw in an item, most people would never see in a million years. To some extent it's not worth it anymore, it's too time consuming to have that "perfect" copy of everything.

Man, reading this thread makes me feel lucky that I've never had a really damaged CE from Amazon, Best Buy, or Gamestop....and I order quite a few of them.

(Most recent being Tales from Amazon, got a ESO order at Best Buy right now as well)/

Well, I just damaged my Tales of Symphonia CE yhat came from Gamestop. Came in the tightest box and tons of tape all over that I had to use a utility knife gently to cut through the tape and slightly nicked my CE Box. So pissed at GS. Will never order from them again.

so i decided to pickup my south park ce at best buy! it was in pristine condition to say the least. woohoo! probably gonna wait for a price drop of the game to by the standard edition to play. will keep the ce sealed. happy that the box has  a see through window so i can at least display the figure. hehe

Well, I just damaged my Tales of Symphonia CE yhat came from Gamestop. Came in the tightest box and tons of tape all over that I had to use a utility knife gently to cut through the tape and slightly nicked my CE Box. So pissed at GS. Will never order from them again.
lol

Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition announced. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbUcAIEfA6M&feature=youtu.be

So far it seems that it has only been announced for Europe so far.

so i decided to pickup my south park ce at best buy! it was in pristine condition to say the least. woohoo! probably gonna wait for a price drop of the game to by the standard edition to play. will keep the ce sealed. happy that the box has a see through window so i can at least display the figure. hehe
Your CE is sealed? I thought it was odd, but mine wasn't. It didn't look like it ever had been, though. It was sealed on the bottom, but nothing on the top. That tape they use to seal it usually leaves some kind of indication it was there if someone had taken it off, but there was nothing.

I'm surprised.  Managed to finally get a cancellation and refund from DR for my first LR ce and mascot strap order without having to call them.  I used the contact form on the help page and 4 days later the money was back in my paypal account.  I guess I'll give them another shot in the future, maybe.

Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbUcAIEfA6M&feature=youtu.be

So far it seems that it has only been announced for Europe so far.
I hope Gamestop will have the MK8:LE but without the standee and different packaging. :p

Thats a pretty weak statue for MK LE. But I'll preorder it cause its a Nintendo LE.

I also hope its not a GS exclusive.

Does anyone know if the Dark Souls II CE is available for preorder in-store at BB?

I have one preordered online, have for weeks - but even when I placed the order it said it wasn't available for in-store pickup.  Now I have some gift cards that I want to apply towards it.  Problem is, when I placed the order I was Elite +, but now I've been downgraded to just Elite - so if I cancel & reorder I'll get the slower free shipping.  And there's no way that I see to change payment method on an order you've already placed.  

I guess my other alternative would be to let the existing order ship, then return it & rebuy it in-store with my credit - but it would be much simpler just to preorder in-store if possible...

They license out Mario Kart to that toy company to make figures -- why dont they just work with them to make a nice LE for us with characters rather than just a shell.

Does anyone know if the Dark Souls II CE is available for preorder in-store at BB?

I have one preordered online, have for weeks - but even when I placed the order it said it wasn't available for in-store pickup. Now I have some gift cards that I want to apply towards it. Problem is, when I placed the order I was Elite +, but now I've been downgraded to just Elite - so if I cancel & reorder I'll get the slower free shipping. And there's no way that I see to change payment method on an order you've already placed.

I guess my other alternative would be to let the existing order ship, then return it & rebuy it in-store with my credit - but it would be much simpler just to preorder in-store if possible...
most likely no, since they shut off the in store pick up options. they only way to be 100% sure is to take down the sku # of the CE, and see if they can ring up a preorder receipt. that is what i used to do when preordering the watch dogs, and assasin creed iv black flag CE in store with a $5 deposit in store

Your CE is sealed? I thought it was odd, but mine wasn't. It didn't look like it ever had been, though. It was sealed on the bottom, but nothing on the top. That tape they use to seal it usually leaves some kind of indication it was there if someone had taken it off, but there was nothing.
Mine was sealed too. It was the tape that takes off part of the color so you definitely notice it. Was the game inside your box still sealed at least?

most likely no, since they shut off the in store pick up options. they only way to be 100% sure is to take down the sku # of the CE, and see if they can ring up a preorder receipt. that is what i used to do when preordering the watch dogs, and assasin creed iv black flag CE in store with a $5 deposit in store
Thanks, I'll try that. Anyone know how far in advance they cut off in-store pickup? Like I said, I preordered this set weeks ago - at least 2-3. And that option wasn't available then either.

Mine was sealed too. It was the tape that takes off part of the color so you definitely notice it. Was the game inside your box still sealed at least?
I'm glad I got one without the tape, then. Yeah, the game inside was sealed. I thought it was dumb that there was tape on the bottom of the box and nothing on the top.

Thanks, I'll try that. Anyone know how far in advance they cut off in-store pickup? Like I said, I preordered this set weeks ago - at least 2-3. And that option wasn't available then either.
i meant take the sku # to customer service area, not the regular cashier checkout line to see if they can order you it manually. i would try as soon as possible, most likely today if i were you, since you want the preorder in store. the longer you wait till release date, the lesser your chances. since dark souls release date is march 11

So I had Dark Souls 2 CE preordered online for in store pick up forever ago. Then I cancelled it and went to place another order since I got a new card from Chase after the Target crap. Store pick up was not available however and so I went to the store and preordered it.

Now I see however that the store does not have a midnight release for Titanfall (and thus Dark Souls as well) but the one down the street does.... awesome. I had planned on calling in sick Tuesday and was hoping to have the games as soon as possible. Womp Womp.

I am tempted to see if I can preorder it still tomorrow after work (have class in the city after work tonight and wont be home until 11pm)

Also, I have a DS2CE preordered on Amazon from when it was first announced. I do not see any reason to keep that preorder other than I have no faith in Best Buy hahah I should probably just cancel that one then though no?

Amazon has fulfillment centers out there that pack well. I used to receive items primarily from one that did. That changed when they opened a new fulfillment center closer to my location.

I don't doubt that some people can have a positive experience with Amazon's packaging. But, they have no standard across their fulfillment centers. The one that almost all of my orders come from (Chattanooga, TN) is horrible.
Never have had an issue with the Chattanooga or Lexington KY distribution centers, and they are my 2 primary ones, and I get a lot of CEs.

So I had Dark Souls 2 CE preordered online for in store pick up forever ago. Then I cancelled it and went to place another order since I got a new card from Chase after the Target crap. Store pick up was not available however and so I went to the store and preordered it.

Now I see however that the store does not have a midnight release for Titanfall (and thus Dark Souls as well) but the one down the street does.... awesome. I had planned on calling in sick Tuesday and was hoping to have the games as soon as possible. Womp Womp.

I am tempted to see if I can preorder it still tomorrow after work (have class in the city after work tonight and wont be home until 11pm)

Also, I have a DS2CE preordered on Amazon from when it was first announced. I do not see any reason to keep that preorder other than I have no faith in Best Buy hahah I should probably just cancel that one then though no?
i preordered most of my games from bestbuy, because of the $5 preorder deposit in store, and release date/ week store pickup, since i do not have amazon prime.

i meant take the sku # to customer service area, not the regular cashier checkout line to see if they can order you it manually. i would try as soon as possible, most likely today if i were you, since you want the preorder in store. the longer you wait till release date, the lesser your chances. since dark souls release date is march 11
Oh don't worry, I'm definitely going to be checking on it today. ;)

Oh don't worry, I'm definitely going to be checking on it today. ;)
another heads up, if you are going to preorder in store, without bestbuy.com. if you are successful in preordering it in store today. on release date, if the CE is not on the shelf. the ce will mostly likely being in their storage space in the back, so you have to ask an employee to check the back. that is what i did when i preordered tales of xilla collectors edition for $5 deposit in bb store, and when i went to pick it up. they are not going to hold it for you like when you preorder through bestbuy.com in storepick up

Never have had an issue with the Chattanooga or Lexington KY distribution centers, and they are my 2 primary ones, and I get a lot of CEs.
I order a ton of stuff. Everything from Chattanooga that will fit in a bubble mailer gets shipped in a bubble mailer. If it won't fit in an envelope, it will be shipped in a box with 1-2 air packets. The rest is determined on how much the box is thrown around and where it lands during shipping. I've received hundreds of packages from Chattanooga. When I get stuff in perfect condition, it isn't because they packaged it well.

That being said, no other online retailer packages any better.

another heads up, if you are going to preorder in store, without bestbuy.com. if you are successful in preordering it in store today. on release date, if the CE is not on the shelf. the ce will mostly likely being in their storage space in the back, so you have to ask an employee to check the back. that is what i did when i preordered tales of xilla collectors edition for $5 deposit in bb store, and when i went to pick it up. they are not going to hold it for you like when you preorder through bestbuy.com in storepick up
I just witnessed that in action when I went to pick up Castlevania/Thief on release day. I had ordered them via BestBuy.com for in-store pickup. One of the people in front of me in line was there for awhile because they didn't have Castlevania held for him. He was waiting for awhile for someone to find one. They eventually moved on and I assumed I would be in the same boat, but mine was sitting right there. Such a weird system. Online pre-orders and in-store pre-orders are handled differently and nobody had pulled the in-store pre-orders.

I preordered it last Sunday. Just printed out the slip from the gaming kiosk. It might not let you now. It wouldn't let me preorder South Park or infamous collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back