Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well tie it up onto the car like a holiday tree. Even then it would be out of the box in better condition than certain distributors. 

I fit bodies in my trunk, so I can probably fit a Titanfall CE in there if not in the back seat.

Wait, did I actually just type that publicly? oops...

They license out Mario Kart to that toy company to make figures -- why dont they just work with them to make a nice LE for us with characters rather than just a shell.
I'd be happy with any limited edition coming to North America but a Mario Figurine in a cart would be pretty cool! Nintendo's LE have been decently priced for the most part and they tend to have a better chance if being somewhat limited. C'mon Nintendo of America give us a LE!

It's still available at AZ too
CE seems to be plenty in stock. It is the PS3 Black Armor that's rare ATM.

The two retailers selling it? Overstock.com and eStarland.

After what happened with the first DkS LE, I trust Overstock as much as I trust .... idk, some clever witty comment.

Gamestop does not list "Black Armor edition" on its website. Nor is it taking pre orders in store for either the CE or BA.

CE is seems to be plenty in stock. It is the PS3 Black Armor that's rare ATM.

The two retailers selling it? Overstock.com and eStarland.

Gamestop does not list "Black Armor edition" on its website. Nor is it taking pre orders in store for either the CE or BA.

As long as you can get the exact same contents by purchasing the collector's edition it's not exactly going to be hard to find....

and yes Namco screwed up the Dark Souls steel case at launch but guess what? Plenty of retailers had it 1-2 months after release.

As long as you can get the exact same contents by purchasing the collector's edition it's not exactly going to be hard to find....

and yes Namco screwed up the Dark Souls steel case at launch but guess what? Plenty of retailers had it 1-2 months after release.
lol "plenty of retailers" did not have it after release.

Obviously you can get the same thing as the CE. I'm getting the CE because I like to throw money at FS.

But not everyone wants to dish out $120 for a game. That's like, a Nintendo 3DS or a Playstation Vita off Craigslist. Or two brand new games.

A drakenguard CE was available but when I went to see if it was actually available it said no longer in stock. Guess it was a cancelation. Of course that was a few hours after I first saw it, but it seems a bit odd of a game and lame for a CE so I didn't jump on it.

I almost had a lightning returns ps3 a few days ago. Problem was, I forot my password by the time I changed it it was pulled from my cart and OOS again.

lol "plenty of retailers" did not have it after release.

Obviously you can get the same thing as the CE. I'm getting the CE because I like to throw money at FS.

But not everyone wants to dish out $120 for a game. That's like, a Nintendo 3DS or a Playstation Vita off Craigslist. Or two brand new games.
I'm sorry but once things were sorted out in regards to the upgraded steel case version of Dark Souls several retailers including Amazon had it at available.

I have an order from Amazon on 11/17/2011 where I was able to buy one each of the 360 and PS3.

They were plenty. The biggest one being Amazon and the alleged Dark Souls CE hoarding to sell at BF-11.
Gamestop got a massive restock as well as I recall my original Amazon order was damaged and I was able to get it at Gamestop.com more than a week after release. It stayed in stock for at least a week after my order as well.

^ Yeah there was mass paranoia shortly before and after release because people either got the vanilla copy instead of the upgraded metal case edition or got a damaged metal case.... and that caused eBay prices to shoot sky high but honestly I remember Amazon having a sale on that version around Black Friday. I think 2011 was the last year they used to do legit B2G1 sales and that was part of it.

Either way I expect a few retailers to have stock post release once they fulfill orders.

I was still able to get FF X/X-2 CE yesterday from SE store. Still same issues as everyone else had, "weird activity on my account" only because I logged in, etc.

I was still able to get FF X/X-2 CE yesterday from SE store. Still same issues as everyone else had, "weird activity on my account" only because I logged in, etc.
Out of curiosity, how the fuck do you view your account info or order history at the SE store? I gave in to the Drakengard 3 CE, but now I can't even find out how to log in?

Out of curiosity, how the fuck do you view your account info or order history at the SE store? I gave in to the Drakengard 3 CE, but now I can't even find out how to log in?
Same deal with me. I ordered about 3 things these past few months and haven't gotten an email nor shipping confirmation. None of the orders show up in my order history. I contacted Square about this and they just said to contact digital river. The only thing I have to check up on my items is the order number.

Guy sent me a photo of my DS2 CE today on top of a Titanfall CE. Shit looks like a minifigure you get in those quarter machines by comparison.

Simply... you can't. findmyorder.com(all DR sites stuff is tracked there) only lists your most recent order in your order history.

I personally wish they'd stop doing statues/figures with CE's other than small ones or "nendoroids". As someone who collects statues, the ones that come in CEs are almost always significantly lower quality. Hell, even the $250 Titanfalll statue looks pretty lackluster to me.

Simply... you can't. findmyorder.com(all DR sites stuff is tracked there) only lists your most recent order in your order history.
You have got to be fucking kidding me... in all my years of buying shit online, I've never seen a more archaic system in my life. I've seen Geocities stores with better account systems.

I personally wish they'd stop doing statues/figures with CE's other than small ones or "nendoroids". As someone who collects statues, the ones that come in CEs are almost always significantly lower quality. Hell, even the $250 Titanfalll statue looks pretty lackluster to me.
I always find it fascinating what each person looks for in a CE. There's always something that sells everyone - for some they have to have an artbook, others a steelbook, etc. Me, I like the statues - they give me something to display. The artbook is nice, it will get flipped through once and then put on the shelf tho. The steelbook is cool, I like those, but I just line them up on the shelf as well. But the states I can display, so they feel like they make the set more worthwhile to me. And I'm not going to drop the crazy prices they want for these high-end stand alone figures, so I'm very happy with the quality we usually get (the ACIV statue is incredible, but I also like the Symphonia & Xillia statues, etc.).

I always find it fascinating what each person looks for in a CE. There's always something that sells everyone - for some they have to have an artbook, others a steelbook, etc. Me, I like the statues - they give me something to display. The artbook is nice, it will get flipped through once and then put on the shelf tho. The steelbook is cool, I like those, but I just line them up on the shelf as well. But the states I can display, so they feel like they make the set more worthwhile to me. And I'm not going to drop the crazy prices they want for these high-end stand alone figures, so I'm very happy with the quality we usually get (the ACIV statue is incredible, but I also like the Symphonia & Xillia statues, etc.).
The Symphonia statue was pretty bad, IMO. Looked and felt cheap. I don't display mine. I can't comment on the Assassin's Creed statue, as I don't own it and don't buy CEs for most AAA games (I prefer CEs for niche titles.) However, there are plenty of statues you can buy for relatively cheap that absolutely shit on the statues you get from CEs.

I'm okay with small figurines, bobble-heads or "nendoroids", but bigger statues usually jack up the price and end up looking sub-par.

Here's what I look for in a CE:

- Artbook

- Soundtrack

- Special DVD/Blu Ray

- Collectibles (IE: Lightning Returns Pocket Watch)

- Limited Console Accessories (IE: GoldenEye Gold Pro Controller, Zelda: SS Gold Wiimote.)

- Smaller Figures

So I just got an email stating the FFX hd CE is OOS and back ordered and won't be shipped til further notice (I preordered it awhile back)..does this mean I should pretty much expect not to get this now?

Edit: it still shows you can preorder it...I don't understand digital river

So I just got an email stating the FFX hd CE is OOS and back ordered and won't be shipped til further notice (I preordered it awhile back)..does this mean I should pretty much expect not to get this now?

Crud, totally forgot to place an order on this sooner. Just placed one now for the heck of it. (Worst comes to worst it gets cancelled)

I just checked on my status for my order and it says "Order in Process". When did you order yours ? I ordered it the day that they announced it on 12/16/2013. Now I just hope that my Collectors Edition for Drakengard 3 is okay because the creation date says 1/29/2014 but my order date was 2/5/2014, that is the day that they told everyone it was available. Hopefully it was just created and just not up for order until 2/5/2014 though because I did not hear any news on it until that date.

Edit: Just checked all news sites and they are showing 2/5/2014 as published date for announcing the Drakengard Collectors Edition. Hopefully I am okay.

I just checked on my status for my order and it says "Order in Process". When did you order yours ? I ordered it the day that they announced it on 12/16/2013. Now I just hope that my Collectors Edition for Drakengard 3 is okay because the creation date says 1/29/2014 but my order date was 2/5/2014, that is the day that they told everyone it was available. Hopefully it was just created and just not up for order until 2/5/2014 though because I did not hear any news on it until that date.

Edit: Just checked all news sites and they are showing 2/5/2014 as published date for announcing the Drakengard Collectors Edition. Hopefully I am okay.
I believe it was mid/late January that I ordered

What I don't get though, is if it's OOS and back ordered why the site doesn't reflect its OOS an is still letting people order it. It hasn't told me it's canceled though so I guess I have hope

FunWX, on 10 Mar 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

I got the same email about FFX/X-2 and I ordered on Dec 18th. Not really sure what is going on.
Well I guess it's good it doesn't say it's cancelled?

Or does digital river not tell people that part til it's too late?

I got that email as well, but I'm not worrying about it right now.  The game isn't supposed to ship until next week anyway (or possibly late this week) so it may just be some quirk in the system where they're getting ready to ship them or something.  

I preordered two copies in two separate orders and got the notice on both of them. One was preordered last month and the other somewhere around mid-January. I find this very displeasing.

Got the same email for my orders. Not worrying about that though since Dark Souls II has my attention. :)

I got that email as well, but I'm not worrying about it right now. The game isn't supposed to ship until next week anyway (or possibly late this week) so it may just be some quirk in the system where they're getting ready to ship them or something.
I hope so

Backorder email as well. Ordered mid January. I kept a reserve on amazon just in case but we will see I guess lol.
This is a SE exclusive....

But as someone else mentioned I'm going to guess it's just a quirk of the DR automated system. Many times they start creating shipping labels for orders about a week in advance and then hand the packages off to UPS/USPS Thursday/Friday before release so maybe they don't have the items in the warehouse yet and this is just an automated message.

This email that everyone is getting is just Digital River's special way of saying: "Yes, we acknowledge that you placed an order with us".

Well I just got the email  that everyone is getting and I ordered mine the day they announced it at like 8:00 EST because that is when I am at work. Hopefully we all will be okay, kind of worried now. 

The status still says order in process though. I don't know the status that it goes through as this is the first time that I have used DR. 

I ordered the FFX/X-2 CE through Gallery Nucleus (with a coupon that brought it down to $70 shipped!), so I hope I'm fine. I'll take any chance I get to NOT deal with DR, haha.

Was the XB1 and PS4 editions of Watch Dogs ever available at Best Buy?  Seems only the X360 and PS3 were available (and still are).  I really wanted to use the GCU discount on it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back