Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
steelbook pic looks different for BB and target. exclusive pic at each retailer or is one a mockup?

either way, me want!
I honestly can't tell if the sb from target is the image shown or if it will be the one listed in the best buy @gamer magazine. I would find it odd if they were to throw DLC on a SB, tho.

It's a good thing Target will stock plenty of their SB, so preorder at BB to keep it on lock.

Jeez. So now I have to pick between a steelbook, SE store only edition and getting the standard copy for nothing with Amazon credit.

Anybody know how much that tomb raidor steelbook is foing for these days?

Soooo...there are 2 possible steelbooks for FF:LR at the moment, one at Target and one at Best Buy?

Also, has there been any word on the steelbook that Gamestop is advertising for the Symphonia Chronicles Limited Edition? I haven't seen anything on that.

Jeez. So now I have to pick between a steelbook, SE store only edition and getting the standard copy for nothing with Amazon credit.

Anybody know how much that tomb raidor steelbook is foing for these days?
Not much. There is little value in these because Target will have tons. The entire first print will be in steelbooks at Target. I live in a small market and my store had at least 25 for each system. It took over a month which included a B2G1 Free for them to finally sell through their steelbook allotment for Tomb Raider.

Blah don't really want to own 3 copies of the same game just for steelbooks. Currently I have one preorder for the CE off Square Enix and then I will probably pick up the steelbook from Target.

Since the cover of the Best Buy steelbook is the same as the CE slip cover it wouldn't make much sense to "triple up." We will see...

I'm actually not sure which steelbook looks better to me--the Target one looks more creative and cool, while the BBY one looks more official (though it seems awfully similar to the FFXIII-2 steelbook released in UK which I purchased through a groupbuy). Also, I could more easily buy LR at BBY thanks to GCU and the abundance of credit I have there...but the Target steelbook looks SO GOOD... :whistle2:k

I'm actually not sure which steelbook looks better to me--the Target one looks more creative and cool, while the BBY one looks more official (though it seems awfully similar to the FFXIII-2 steelbook released in UK which I purchased through a groupbuy). Also, I could more easily buy LR at BBY thanks to GCU and the abundance of credit I have there...but the Target steelbook looks SO GOOD... :whistle2:k
They both look good. LR:FF is gonna be annoying since so many copies have different stuff.

I want the CE one for sure and then one to play.

Was gonna go Amazon for the Yuna outfit as I am sure the eBay prices for it will be crazy.

But I also want a steelbook so was gonna go BB since I have Gamer Unclocked and will have some credit with them from the 100% trade in bonus.

Oh my god, another LR13 steelbook? How many copies of this game do they expect me to buy?! I think I like the Cloud one better though.

They both look good. LR:FF is gonna be annoying since so many copies have different stuff.

I want the CE one for sure and then one to play.

Was gonna go Amazon for the Yuna outfit as I am sure the eBay prices for it will be crazy.

But I also want a steelbook so was gonna go BB since I have Gamer Unclocked and will have some credit with them from the 100% trade in bonus.
The Yuna outfit will be DLC down the road so you don't need to worry about that aspect.

Same should hold true with the Dark Samurai and Flower of Battle that are the pre-order bonuses for Gamestop, as well as the Aerith Aeris Gainsborough (Midgar’s Flower Girl) costume that's included in the Collector's Edition.

My friend said the same thing like they did with Omega DLC and FF13-2.
While that DLC came to PSN eventually, I recall selling it for $30-$40 on eBay soon after release thanks to my preordering the CE from Amazon, so there's definitely a market out there.

Soooo...there are 2 possible steelbooks for FF:LR at the moment, one at Target and one at Best Buy?

Also, has there been any word on the steelbook that Gamestop is advertising for the Symphonia Chronicles Limited Edition? I haven't seen anything on that.
I'm not so sure the BB steelbook is really happening. The game is only a few weeks away and Best Buy doesn't have it listed on their website or in-store kiosk. Maybe it was a premature announcement and it fell through.

Same should hold true with the Dark Samurai and Flower of Battle that are the pre-order bonuses for Gamestop, as well as the Aerith Aeris Gainsborough (Midgar’s Flower Girl) costume that's included in the Collector's Edition.
Are you sure about that last one? I know in Japan they fucked up and put that one on the PS store for a few hours before pulling it but I'm not sure it was ever intended to be sold outside the CE.

Everything from Final Fantasy XIII-2 eventually went on sale for everyone, even the stuff that started out as exclusive offers. I would predict the same will be true for LR13. But XIII-2 didn't have any DLC included in its CE, so if there's an exception to the precedent it might be Aeris.

Yeah, that was a problem for XIII-2, I'd already 100%'ed the game by the time they released a lot of the costume DLC. Stuff like that, they need to get out the door ASAP so people can actually use it before they're done with the game.

I'm not so sure the BB steelbook is really happening. The game is only a few weeks away and Best Buy doesn't have it listed on their website or in-store kiosk. Maybe it was a premature announcement and it fell through.
If it's not up there and we're 2.5 weeks from release, it's not going to happen.

This is the ad for the UK steelbook of LR. I'm willing to be @Gamer just reused this art without thinking. If I remember correctly Square announced UK preorder stuff  before the US.

LRFF13_Pre-Order_Bonus_Pack-hero_shot_ENG.jpg

For the Final Fantasy X/X-2 Collector's Edition will it be like the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 one except packaged with an extra disc and the lithos? It certainly looks like it but I thought I'd ask for confirmation. If so, that's kind of lame for the price.. 

For the Final Fantasy X/X-2 Collector's Edition will it be like the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 one except packaged with an extra disc and the lithos? It certainly looks like it but I thought I'd ask for confirmation. If so, that's kind of lame for the price..
No the FFX/X-2 CE will not be like the KH 1.5 limited edition. The KH was a limited edition first print run that came with a mini sized artbook as part of the case. The initial first print run of FFX/X-2 limited edition will be similar in that it comes with a mini artbook. Not sure about the packaging because that hasn't been revealed.

The FFX/X-2 CE which costs more than the LE as you pointed out comes with a full size hardback art book as well as the extra disc and lithographs.

So uh... I am extremely confused by the last couple pages in this thread.

I'd love to get a steelbook for Lightning Returns, but cannot stand those god awful "store exclusive" slipcovers. That Target one looks terrible. Does anyone know which steelbook would be the best to get?

Or is this collector's edition worth the money? Halp. :(

This thread is poison for someone with OCD.

I had no desire to buy any CE of any game. Then I saw the Dark Souls 2 CE and immediately had to have it. Then I figured why stop there? Added South Park, Watch Dogs, Titanfall, and Tomb Raider to the cart.

FML

Went into my Target

Me: "Hi, I'd like to pre-order the new Final Fantasy game that comes out next month"

Them: "We don't do that here"

Me: "Ok" *walks out*

Don't all Targets have those preorder cards? You could have just pointed to them and asked "Then what are those?" :???:
The preorder cards haven't been stocked yet. I've been to my target 2 times this week and they haven't put them out. They have the rack listing "lightning returns" for the preorder cards but the employee scanned it for me and all stores showed 0 stock.

My guess is that they will be stocking the cards sometime this week (probably Sunday) since they only have Watch Dogs cards up as of yesterday.

Square Enix Site is so annoying been trying to place an order for Lightning Returns CE but it keeps saying my address is wrong on PayPal and denying it when I try to use my Credit card.

What the Heck?

I hate this.

Edit: Finally got it to go through and it took the money out of my checking account.

Is it normal to go to a blank screen and not a confirmation screen?

Do they send you info about your order to track or anything?

I have only dealt with them a few times like for 999 when it first came out and Ghost Trick.

Square Enix Site is so annoying been trying to place an order for Lightning Returns CE but it keeps saying my address is wrong on PayPal and denying it when I try to use my Credit card.

What the Heck?

I hate this.

Edit: Finally got it to go through and it took the money out of my checking account.

I have only dealt with them a few times like for 999 when it first came out and Ghost Trick.
My buddy had the same problem you did. For some reason the site was having issue with Internet Explorer so I told him to switch it to Firefox and it went through the first time. It was very odd. He got a confirmation email soon after so be sure to check for that. It is from webhelp.v4

Yes, that's normal. The site is super weird and counterintuitive. After an hour or so you should get a confirmation email.

I have about $200 in Best Buy Credit and I can't decide if I should:

Pre-order Titanfall Collectors Edition

-or-

Continue to wait for a B2G1 sale for PS4 and XBox One games...

I'm GCU so it's either an Awesome CE for $200ish or 6 games for $200ish.

The preorder cards haven't been stocked yet. I've been to my target 2 times this week and they haven't put them out. They have the rack listing "lightning returns" for the preorder cards but the employee scanned it for me and all stores showed 0 stock.

My guess is that they will be stocking the cards sometime this week (probably Sunday) since they only have Watch Dogs cards up as of yesterday.
I'm probably going to hit Target on Saturday and I'll give some feedback on the cards being there or not.

I know I have to hit Target on 02/04 for the Justice League: War BluRay steelbook, so I would expect them to be out by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back