Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats actually a good idea....I have been looking for justification for GCU, I just got an Xbox One, and Titanfall highly interests me
I ordered the Titanfall CE with my GCU subscription. I had a lot of reward zone points and gift cards so only ended up paying $150 of my own cash. I really have high expectations for both the game and the statue.

How sure are you that Digital River will actually hold the copy of LR CE that you've ordered, rather then shipping it out to someone else? My concern is that they would run out of copies, so I planned to order with something else that is already out (Dead Island GOTY even though I can get it 5 cheaper at amazon).
Sure enough that I'm not worried? It's still available to order and they're probably making more than enough to cover their pre-orders. It's not like someone else's order has any more weight to it then mine and it's not like it's being ordered from a third party that can over sell it. Plus it's not even a limited run. If they run out they'll just make more to satisfy their sales numbers.

How sure are you that Digital River will actually hold the copy of LR CE that you've ordered, rather then shipping it out to someone else? My concern is that they would run out of copies, so I planned to order with something else that is already out (Dead Island GOTY even though I can get it 5 cheaper at amazon).
I'm in the same boat, I got both in the same order to get free shipping, I hope they dont sell out.

Sure enough that I'm not worried? It's still available to order and they're probably making more than enough to cover their pre-orders. It's not like someone else's order has any more weight to it then mine and it's not like it's being ordered from a third party that can over sell it. Plus it's not even a limited run. If they run out they'll just make more to satisfy their sales numbers.
Actually, it is being ordered from a third party. Digital River oversold the Ni No Kuni CE and Namco certainly didn't print more. You're gambling if you think Square Enix will just reprint this because of a few people like yourself looking to save a few bucks on shipping by having them hold their orders.

Hmmm... I really want Titanfall, but I don't have an Xbox One. I am kind of worried the 360 version will not be as good. I also really want this LE, and with the GCU + 25 in rewards certs I have, I can get it for 175. That is really tempting.

Hmmm... I really want Titanfall, but I don't have an Xbox One. I am kind of worried the 360 version will not be as good. I also really want this LE, and with the GCU + 25 in rewards certs I have, I can get it for 175. That is really tempting.
I think I'm getting it. I don't think they'd make a large supply of such an expensive CE and on a brand new IP at that. Then again I'm not that knowledgeable on CE's. Anyways I see that SC: Blacklist Paladin edition is on sale for 70 at GS. Would this be a good price to pick it up at or will it have another drop?

I think I'm getting it. I don't think they'd make a large supply of such an expensive CE and on a brand new IP at that. Then again I'm not that knowledgeable on CE's. Anyways I see that SC: Blacklist Paladin edition is on sale for 70 at GS. Would this be a good price to pick it up at or will it have another drop?
I would agree with you except this is published by a MS studio (correct?) and they tend to go overboard in regards to quantity being pushed.

I don't think it has gone OOS at a single retailer yet and everyone is carrying it.

I would agree with you except this is published by a MS studio (correct?) and they tend to go overboard in regards to quantity being pushed.

I don't think it has gone OOS at a single retailer yet and everyone is carrying it.
It's published by EA. Microsoft just payed for console exclusivity.

It's published by EA. Microsoft just payed for console exclusivity.

Whoops. I don't think that makes things better though---it's not like EA won't pull out all the stops to try and collect as much money as possible. 8 weeks out and more then a dozen major retailers are carrying this? With none OOS?

Actually, it is being ordered from a third party. Digital River oversold the Ni No Kuni CE and Namco certainly didn't print more. You're gambling if you think Square Enix will just reprint this because of a few people like yourself looking to save a few bucks on shipping by having them hold their orders.
I'm sure the print runs aren't even comparable. If you're worried, don't do it. I'm not.

Whoops. I don't think that makes things better though---it's not like EA won't pull out all the stops to try and collect as much money as possible. 8 weeks out and more then a dozen major retailers are carrying this? With none OOS?
  • They made the CE available for 3 platforms instead of just Xbox One.
  • All retailers have it in stock a little over 1 month out from release including the titanfall store.
  • No numbers were disclosed on how many are being made.
  • New IP.
  • $250 is a ridiculous price for a CE plus most people will be paying more after tax. The MSRP is probably the most likely factor on why this thing is not selling out even if EA only made 1,000.
  • It's EA.

I'm sure the print runs aren't even comparable. If you're worried, don't do it. I'm not.
There's really no way to know right now. The PC and PS3 versions of the FFXIV CE sold out just before launch and there were no other copies made available through Digital River. In fact, people who preordered didn't even necessarily get their copies and that was not even a Square Enix store exclusive with a pretty healthy print run.

The other risk you run by waiting a month, besides not getting what you preordered, is getting a damaged copy with no chance of getting a replacement. It's not like they're going to specially protect your copy in some secure storage area of the warehouse and placing two potentially fragile collector's editions in the same shipping box is not exactly the best plan. Still, if you're confident and don't really care if it works out or not, more power to you. I just know given how badly Digital River is about handling orders and packing things poorly, I certainly wouldn't risk waiting a month after release for something that may or may not be sold out.

There's really no way to know right now. The PC and PS3 versions of the FFXIV CE sold out just before launch and there were no other copies made available through Digital River. In fact, people who preordered didn't even necessarily get their copies and that was not even a Square Enix store exclusive with a pretty healthy print run.

The other risk you run by waiting a month, besides not getting what you preordered, is getting a damaged copy with no chance of getting a replacement. It's not like they're going to specially protect your copy in some secure storage area of the warehouse and placing two potentially fragile collector's editions in the same shipping box is not exactly the best plan. Still, if you're confident and don't really care if it works out or not, more power to you. I just know given how badly Digital River is about handling orders and packing things poorly, I certainly wouldn't risk waiting a month after release for something that may or may not be sold out.
I think the important thing to stress is that everyone has their own choice when it comes to making their purchases. Similar to you I didn't want to have to wait a month and ship the two CE together. I don't care much for unknown variables when it comes to stock. I mean they are technically supposed to hold your order but you know how that goes. Digital River was supposed to hold all the orders for the Wizard Edition and that didn't happen. Granted that may have been a freak occurrence but sometimes that stuff happens. We also have no idea of how the Square Enix Store / Digital River fulfills orders. Maybe they only grab item 1 to ship when both items have passed street date. If that were the case the person in the warehouse might go to aisle 5 look for the Lightning CE and realize that all allocation has been sold out.

Like you said though we really don't know about allocation. There could be a lot, there could be a little. There really is no point in trying to convince someone to structure their purchase this way; they will do it their way and you will do it your way. I like your stance in that you don't want to risk it though. I was exactly the same and decided to order a key chain and a plush with my two orders so I would get free shipping as well as a second item for a very small price difference rather than just paying the 8-9 bucks in shipping for each item.

Anyone know of a good place that has the Japanese MGSV: Ground Zeroes limited/exclusive editions for sale? I'm looking for both the Konami Style and Amazon Japan exclusives for the PS4, and I need a store that ships internationally with no problems.

And before anyone mentions it, Konami Style doesn't ship internationally and Amazon Japan is already sold out of their pre-orders, apparently.

• They made the CE available for 3 platforms instead of just Xbox One.
  • All retailers have it in stock a little over 1 month out from release including the titanfall store.
  • No numbers were disclosed on how many are being made.
  • New IP.
  • $250 is a ridiculous price for a CE plus most people will be paying more after tax. The MSRP is probably the most likely factor on why this thing is not selling out even if EA only made 1,000.
  • It's EA.
true. bottom line is that CE is going to be really hard to figure out its rarity or not. it seems like it wont be too limited but then again who knows.

Not a game but 

:xb1: Titanfall LE Wireless Controller $64.99

titanfall_controller1.jpg

Seems like the initial allocation in UK sold out. All the usual retailers have it up for pre-order at this point.

Anyone know of a good place that has the Japanese MGSV: Ground Zeroes limited/exclusive editions for sale? I'm looking for both the Konami Style and Amazon Japan exclusives for the PS4, and I need a store that ships internationally with no problems.

And before anyone mentions it, Konami Style doesn't ship internationally and Amazon Japan is already sold out of their pre-orders, apparently.
Use a middleman, like dv8cag.com

If you can excuse this guy being a total dickhead and not respecting what he's presenting, the FFXIII: LR CE unboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1fySZj5_Ww

Would just like to update on everyone that FFXIII:LR at target will come in a steelbook. (Ala Tomb Raider style)

If the image is correct, it will feature Cloud Lightning on the SB.

Those who just rip open boxes and covers are actually the majority. The OCD ones are in the minority. So technically the latter are the abnormal ones.

I personally don't care what someone else does with their stuff. It's better than someone looking down on another for what they do with their own property IMO. Not that anyone here is, but people definitely do.

Would just like to update on everyone that FFXIII:LR at target will come in a steelbook. (Ala Tomb Raider style)

If the image is correct, it will feature Cloud Lightning on the SB.
WHAT WHAT WHAT? That seals where I'm getting my game then.

Why was he a dickhead? Seemed pretty normal and friendly to me.
Felt like he had no respect for what he was presenting and came off as an asshole to me. If I went into a clock store and the merchant started handling things roughly, whipping things around and dropping things on the counter I'd leave. Very immature IMO.

First world decisions. I was betting on my $20 Microcenter preorder and a sealed CE. Now that Target steelbook complicates matters.

Why can't those god damn CEs just include everything.

Already getting a CE from Square-Enix and a normal copy from Amazon to play on day one while I'm waiting for the CE. If I can get a steelbook at Target I might just leave that sealed for maximum shelf prettiness. :lol:

Read what he said again and you'd know.
He said the SB had Cloud Lightning on it, nothing about dlc. Didnt know if it was a first print in copy sort of thing or preorder at certain places only.

Target.com says nothing either. So i feel i asked a valid question

If I order from Target online, will it be the steelbook? Or do you need to get it in-store?
I don't think you can guarantee a steelbook from online unless is specifically states that you are buying the steelbook. It's probably a better idea to hit up a local brick and mortar store and ensure you can secure a copy.

The target steelbook pictured above definitely looks different than the steelbook the people in Europe are getting...

bonus_20130704_lightningreturns_cloud_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back