Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time just preorder on Amazon when it comes up, it charges your CC when it ships. Easy cancellation too.

You can preorder and take all the time until release to determine to keep it or not. I cannot stress this enough and it's always sad to see CAGs missing out on CEs they want.
that was the plan. but it sold out in amazon/namco/newegg far to quick. few hours or so? at least that's what i heard.

Anyway, i will keep a eye out. Maybe i can get lucky.

that was the plan. but it sold out in amazon/namco/newegg far to quick. few hours or so? at least that's what i heard.

Thought it was atleast a day or so. I know GS had it for atleast a few days.

Bamco sold out in like the hour lol

Everytime i see this thread shoot up to the top I'm prepared to order something. I have about 6 or 7 CEs preordered at Amazon lol.

You and I both, man. I'm hoping they release another batch with a different name like they did with Tales of Xillia. They had Tales of Xillia Day 1 edition, and now the collector's edition.
Oh yeah i need to buy the collector's edition of xillia. i was debating myself for awhile if i should buy it or not. And "buy it" side won.

Are we even sure we're getting the Symphonia CE on Amazon?  Weirdest preorder order screen I've ever seen.  Mine's been awaiting a delivery estimate for months, when the release date has been known for a while now.  Seems like everyone else's looks the same way.

LOL... the "urban legends" of video game preorders... Weeks turn to only days and days turn to just hours...

I can count the number of preorders that were only available for less then 24 hours on one hand and I've been following just about every major release for a few years now.

Oh yeah i need to buy the collector's edition of xillia. i was debating myself for awhile if i should buy it or not. And "buy it" side won.
After a back and forth battle, I had to cave and get it. With Tales of Xillia 2 possibly coming out sometime in 2014, I figured I might as well. Plus it didn't hurt that this was posted on the Japanese Niche game thread.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/list/categoryID.55938500

40% off all in-stock PS3 Namco-Bandai titles, plus free shipping for orders $25+. Does apply to ToX and ToGf.

Hey guys I am new to Collector Edition collecting... Wanting to get into it myself. I have a huge library of games, but not a ton of special editions. Have a couple like Ys Silver Anniversary, MVC3 Special edition, the ACIII vita, stuff like that but nothing crazy. The Ys one looks so good on my shelf so that's why I wanna get into more collector's editions but I only want them if they are worth the extra money (ones like the Infamous one are good examples of ones that aren't worth the extra money IMO)

So anyway, is the OP the entire list of CE's coming out or are there more? And is Bravely Default gonna be any good? I haven't touched my 3DS in awhile since I got my Vita and I dunno if another turn-based JRPG (P4 Golden right now) would be for me... but the CE looks sweet. Also, is the Danganronpa one gonna restock at all?

Sorry for all of the most-likely overdone questions, but I'm new to this and need some assistance if that's ok.

After a back and forth battle, I had to cave and get it. With Tales of Xillia 2 possibly coming out sometime in 2014, I figured I might as well. Plus it didn't hurt that this was posted on the Japanese Niche game thread.
i brought few games in that sale. But TOX CL was out of stock,..i think or i simply missed it.

i brought the xilla CE at $89.99 like a sucker. Oh well.

Hey guys I am new to Collector Edition collecting... Wanting to get into it myself. I have a huge library of games, but not a ton of special editions. Have a couple like Ys Silver Anniversary, MVC3 Special edition, the ACIII vita, stuff like that but nothing crazy. The Ys one looks so good on my shelf so that's why I wanna get into more collector's editions but I only want them if they are worth the extra money (ones like the Infamous one are good examples of ones that aren't worth the extra money IMO)

So anyway, is the OP the entire list of CE's coming out or are there more? And is Bravely Default gonna be any good? I haven't touched my 3DS in awhile since I got my Vita and I dunno if another turn-based JRPG (P4 Golden right now) would be for me... but the CE looks sweet. Also, is the Danganronpa one gonna restock at all?

Sorry for all of the most-likely overdone questions, but I'm new to this and need some assistance if that's ok.
They're worth the money if you think it's worth the money. It's hard to tell you what is or isn't. Few things go up in price. Most of the hugely popular titles won't be worth much. E.g. Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and Bioshock Infinite. The series' first title is usually the one that goes up, because it was released before it was extremely popular, e.g. Assassin's Creed 1 and Bioshock 1.

Bravely Default should be good if you like classic Final Fantasy games. I haven't played it, but that's what all the reviews basically say.

The Danganronpa one will not get new stock. If it restocks, it'll be from canceled orders. Most NIS/Atlus editions are like this.

They're worth the money if you think it's worth the money. It's hard to tell you what is or isn't. Few things go up in price. Most of the hugely popular titles won't be worth much. E.g. Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and Bioshock Infinite. The series' first title is usually the one that goes up, because it was released before it was extremely popular, e.g. Assassin's Creed 1 and Bioshock 1.

Bravely Default should be good if you like classic Final Fantasy games. I haven't played it, but that's what all the reviews basically say.

The Danganronpa one will not get new stock. If it restocks, it'll be from canceled orders. Most NIS/Atlus editions are like this.
So the NIS inventory counter isn't accurate or does it stop refreshing at < 25%?

I was keeping an eye on that and was going to pull the trigger when it hit < 15% - 10% but it went OOS at < 25%

So the NIS inventory counter isn't accurate or does it stop refreshing at < 25%?

I was keeping an eye on that and was going to pull the trigger when it hit < 15% - 10% but it went OOS at < 25%
<25% is the lowest counter they have. It doesn't go any lower than that besides OOS.

For some reason Tales of Symphona Chronicles doesn't show up in Best Buy search, but they do have a page for it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-playstation-3/1346023.p?id=1219049738019&skuId=1346023

Does anyone know if they have a page for the collector's edition? Really upset that I missed out on pre orders for that.
if tales of xillas collectors edition is any indication, there is a good chance they will have it. but they were very late with listing it on their website.

They had the Tales of Xillia Day one edition, and then released the Collector's Edition. With the run of 15,000 for the Tales of Symphonia Collector's edition getting gobbled up fairly quickly, I wouldn't doubt they release another edition either right before release, or short thereafter. 

Ebay is the only place I can find the ToS:CE pre-order for sale and the lowest price is set as $199.

They had the Tales of Xillia Day one edition, and then released the Collector's Edition. With the run of 15,000 for the Tales of Symphonia Collector's edition getting gobbled up fairly quickly, I wouldn't doubt they release another edition either right before release, or short thereafter.

Ebay is the only place I can find the ToS:CE pre-order for sale and the lowest price is set as $199.
to be fair the TOX CE came back in stock for a long period of time.

And I think ToX had a lot more copies to offer. ToS seemed to vanish as quickly as it appeared. 

Skyrim is still pretty valuable, I sold mine used & complete (except for the outer box) for $110 in Nov. Also I think the next-gen AC IV CE will be more valuable than the current gen ones as the print run on those was lower.

^ Has this been OOS? I haven't been following this particular release since the release date got pushed back...
The PS4 version never got listed for preorder when the listing for the game went up. Now its available.

Xbone still not listed for order yet but I am sure its coming soon.

The PS4 version never got listed for preorder when the listing for the game went up. Now its available.

If you're talking about Amazon, the PS4 CE version was available for quite some time last year as many of us preordered it. It just reopened for preorders.

Skyrim is still pretty valuable, I sold mine used & complete (except for the outer box) for $110 in Nov. Also I think the next-gen AC IV CE will be more valuable than the current gen ones as the print run on those was lower.
I should have said deprecate in value.

Still wondering about the wording on that Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition "Artbook Packaging." If it's an artbook with the disc in the back cover like the kingdom heats one I think I'll pass and wait for a price drop.

Would you feel the same way if in that month you saw Lightning Returns for $40 at multiple places? Meaning you'd have already paid and the CE cost you an extra $50 for the CE contents over just the game itself. Keep in mind you couldn't play the game for that month, if they do wait to ship them out.
What's your point. It's a limited CE. I'm not paying extra money to play it sooner. I could care less when I actually play the game, as long as I do.

Well, considering anywhere else I see it for $125-$159, I'd say you still snagged a pretty sweet deal.
yeah the game is right on the borderline of becoming rare/OOP.

You can still find Tales of Xillia (Collector's Edition) on bestbuy.com for $99.99

this was about a week ago, but bestbuy was the only retail that had it in stock.

Still wondering about the wording on that Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition "Artbook Packaging." If it's an artbook with the disc in the back cover like the kingdom heats one I think I'll pass and wait for a price drop.
Pretty sure that's what it is considering Square Enix has done the same thing for their last few LEs.

I'm actually really interested in the art book for Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider was my favorite game of 2013 and even though I don't own a PS4 or an Xbone yet, I think I might buy that for the art book. I just need to decide which version I am going to buy, as I don't know which console I will be picking up first yet.

I'm actually really interested in the art book for Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider was my favorite game of 2013 and even though I don't own a PS4 or an Xbone yet, I think I might buy that for the art book. I just need to decide which version I am going to buy, as I don't know which console I will be picking up first yet.
Just buy the separate art book (http://www.amazon.com/Tomb-Raider-The-Art-Survival/dp/0744014549/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388815351&sr=8-1&keywords=art+of+tomb+raider). It's well worth the money.

Just ordered Watchdogs and a few other CE's I had forgotten about. Now to decide if I want Lighting Returns and X/X-2's LE's.

Leaning toward Lightning Returns (Seems like a much better value for the price)

Yeah but $110 for an opened CE w/o the outer box? Sealed Skyrim CE go for almost double it's original MSRP.
Almost anything Skyrim related that is collectible will increase in value.

I have all the CE's (PS3/360/PC) in absolute perfect condition (that was hard to do as must at B&M stores were beat to heck), the signed soundtrack and the exclusive version of the dragonborn statue as well as many other items and merchandise and I don't think a single thing has lost value.

Anyone have past experience with NIS online exclusives popping back in stock on release day, hoping Danganronpa may come back in stock?

Anyone have past experience with NIS online exclusives popping back in stock on release day, hoping Danganronpa may come back in stock?
Always possible close to launch if people cancel or have theirs cancelled. But I wouldnt get your hopes up, especially for a second wave of copies or anything.

I'm keeping an eye out myself, though this type of game has never been my cup of tea.

not true.. I preordered the ps4 version and the xbox one version on July 19th.. it probably got taken down a few days after that.

source that says current gen print run was lower?

Pretty sure that's what it is considering Square Enix has done the same thing for their last few LEs.
when tomb raider first came out the artbook was outside of the packaging

like this:
$T2eC16RHJIMFHJ7Bls)hBR4GQWiemw~~60_57.JPG

Anyone know if it's the same artbook for Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collectors Edition and Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition? I thought the LE was $59.99 so I was ok with paying a bit more for the CE, didin't realize it's $39.99. If it's the same artbook I don't need to spend an extra $40 for a soundtrack that I'll probably never listen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back