Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. $40 extra for an artbook (which the regular version already comes with, so I guess this is just a bigger/nicer version) and a soundtrack BD? Pretty steep.
oh wow, I completely forgot the standard was $40. I thought it was $20 extra for this stuff. I really want the visual soundtrack but hopefully do done makes a rip of it

I'm just gonna stick to my limited first run edition.. that's a bit too much for me. Then again, it has a 6hr soundtrack.. so that's where that big jump in price comes from I'm sure. I never play soundtracks from games.. so it's not really my thing. The rest looks good though.

Ugh not sure if I should bite. Does anyone know if they charge you when it ships?

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like a few answer in the first page.

So  I would have to buy two versions?

Yay me.

That CE looks sweet but not enough stuff to warrant $80. Ill keep my money for the Lightning Returns.

Visual soundtrack? Im guessing its similar to the XIV Before Meteor soundtrack then. Either way double the price for just those 2 things AND having to deal with DR seems a bit much

Just placed an order for both the LR:FFXIII CE and FFX/X-2 HD CE in order to get free shipping. I think they may actually delay LR until 3/18/14 when X/X-2 is released, but I don't freakin want to pay their ridiculous shipping twice.

Well, shit. The CE is full size 8x11 artbook and the LE is the size of a bluray.

It shouldn't be worth 40USD and dealing with digital river, but it's tempting.

does anyone know if you use paypal, and they charge you at the time the order is placed, if i decide to later cancel it before it ships, will they refund my money back to my paypal account?

does anyone know if you use paypal, and they charge you at the time the order is placed, if i decide to later cancel it before it ships, will they refund my money back to my paypal account?
In most cases sites that use PayPal charge immediately. I've already heard from people that the SE online shop does charge immediately if you use PayPal. Think of it as buying something on eBay; the seller requires payment from the buyer when they buy the product. If you use a credit card then the store will place an initial hold on your card and then will remove the charge after a couple of days. They will then charge your card again when the item ships.

I went for paypal just to be sure that it would work. I feel like Digital River have a better chance of screwing up a credit card authorization and canceling an order for a sold out CE. They already took my paypal moneys, so hopefully that's me set.

Just placed an order for both the LR:FFXIII CE and FFX/X-2 HD CE in order to get free shipping. I think they may actually delay LR until 3/18/14 when X/X-2 is released, but I don't freakin want to pay their ridiculous shipping twice.
This is exactly what I did. The backlog makes me ok with waiting a month for LRs.

In most cases sites that use PayPal charge immediately. I've already heard from people that the SE online shop does charge immediately if you use PayPal. Think of it as buying something on eBay; the seller requires payment from the buyer when they buy the product. If you use a credit card then the store will place an initial hold on your card and then will remove the charge after a couple of days. They will then charge your card again when the item ships.
thats not at all what i was asking...

Not worth it for just a soundtrack more. If they truely limited to a set number and numbered each one then these would sell like hot cakes. But the way they presented it sounds like they are going to mass produce these.

Might have to grab Tomb Raider again for PS4 eventhough I already platinum the PS3 copy. I wonder if the artbook packaging is just the game itself shrink wrap with the artbook?

Might have to grab Tomb Raider again for PS4 eventhough I already platinum the PS3 copy. I wonder if the artbook packaging is just the game itself shrink wrap with the artbook?
It's likely the same as the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 LE and the Hitman HD Collection LE--because SE published both of those games. Go check those out on youtube (I have an unboxing of each ;) ) to get an idea of what they look like.

This is exactly what I did. The backlog makes me ok with waiting a month for LRs.
Would you feel the same way if in that month you saw Lightning Returns for $40 at multiple places? Meaning you'd have already paid and the CE cost you an extra $50 for the CE contents over just the game itself. Keep in mind you couldn't play the game for that month, if they do wait to ship them out.

with the kingdom hearts 1.5 hd remix limited edition fiasco at bestbuy, i would avoid getting Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition from them.

also as per the bestbuy.com website it just says Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Okay everyone listen up (maybe OP can edit this in the first post)

If you use CC, a temporary pre-authorization charge will be placed but will be removed after a day or two (some have had it removed after a week). They will then charge you when it ships.

If you use paypal, they will charge you then and there. There is no pre-authorization charge, no waiting till it ships. you get charged then and there. If you decide to cancel down the road or they cancel your order, you will get a refund/they will credit your paypal back.

source: spoke to a customer rep

tldr: CC: temporary charge--> refund of that temp charge--> item ships + real charge

PP: no temp charge, charges then and there --- > item ships

This sucks. I preordered the limited edition of FFX on Amazon awhile ago and now Square Enix is releasing an exclusive CE with the soundtrack for double the price? Ugh...what's the point of the limited edition then? I also think it's a major fail that the soundtrack wasn't included for the Lightning Returns CE. I got the XIII-2 CE because the soundtrack was included.

This sucks. I preordered the limited edition of FFX on Amazon awhile ago and now Square Enix is releasing an exclusive CE with the soundtrack for double the price? Ugh...what's the point of the limited edition then? I also think it's a major fail that the soundtrack wasn't included for the Lightning Returns CE. I got the XIII-2 CE because the soundtrack was included.
The same as any limited edition, to reward people that preorder with a nice little bonus. You can always cancel on Amazon instantly. What, do you expect that they will give you an exclusive CE for the same price as an LE?

The same as any limited edition, to reward people that preorder with a nice little bonus. You can always cancel on Amazon instantly. What, do you expect that they will give you an exclusive CE for the same price as an LE?
LOL @ "Reward"

No, to SELL people stuff for MORE MONEY. The FF13-2 CE stuff was on clearance at Best Buy and Amazon so many times. That shit isn't popular. I bought it for like $25.

LOL @ "Reward"

No, to SELL people stuff for MORE MONEY. The FF13-2 CE stuff was on clearance at Best Buy and Amazon so many times. That shit isn't popular. I bought it for like $25.
You're confusing an LE with a CE. The other poster was complaining about the LE that comes with a bonus art book for pre-orders. There is no non-LE edition at launch. So, yes, it's to get people to buy the game at launch and get full MSRP for something that like all games will be discounted at some point. It's no different than any other LE or CE.

FFXIII didnt get a CE in the US did it?

X-2 did but the game itself got discounted quickly and in turn the CE dropped in price. It was also either over produced or gamers ignored because of being burned with XIII.

X-3 is coming and has a CE. Seems more limited. If they stop taking preorders for this then we can assume it was limited. If its continues to be on sale even after release (where the game will prob drop in price in a few months) then it may not be worth it. Have to pick a side now though.

I suspect that they will do a FF XIII Collection which will include ALL 3 games. They will also sell a "Limited Edition" of this for something around $149.99. Announced 2015 e3 and shipping fall of 2015. For ALL consoles includes PS4 and Xbone.

FFXIII did get a collector's edition. It's quite pricy for having nothing of value in it too.

As for a triple pack of them all, it's possible. JPN did get one afterall.

FFXIII didnt get a CE in the US did it?

X-2 did but the game itself got discounted quickly and in turn the CE dropped in price. It was also either over produced or gamers ignored because of being burned with XIII.

X-3 is coming and has a CE. Seems more limited. If they stop taking preorders for this then we can assume it was limited. If its continues to be on sale even after release (where the game will prob drop in price in a few months) then it may not be worth it. Have to pick a side now though.

I suspect that they will do a FF XIII Collection which will include ALL 3 games. They will also sell a "Limited Edition" of this for something around $149.99. Announced 2015 e3 and shipping fall of 2015. For ALL consoles includes PS4 and Xbone.
FFXIII did get a collector's edition. It's quite pricy for having nothing of value in it too.

As for a triple pack of them all, it's possible. JPN did get one afterall.
XIII only got a CE in the UK not in the US.

Still torn on the FFXIII-3 CE.  I want it but I don't want to go through DR to get it. . .

How rare/collectible are the NIS store exclusives. Would they be worth grabbing even if I don't play them?
Most of them sell out and hold their value or increase in it. You might not make a killing off of it, but you will at least make your money back and probably make some, too. If you're not planning on selling them, though, then there's certainly no reason to buy games you're not into.

Most of them sell out and hold their value or increase in it. You might not make a killing off of it, but you will at least make your money back and probably make some, too. If you're not planning on selling them, though, then there's certainly no reason to buy games you're not into.
I'm in a unique position, in that I love their games, I just generally don't get around to playing them until much later. Just pondering whether I should grab the limited edition versions now for full price or buy the vanilla copies later.

I'm in a unique position, in that I love their games, I just generally don't get around to playing them until much later. Just pondering whether I should grab the limited edition versions now for full price or buy the vanilla copies later.
Ah, I see. If you're interested in the LEs, then you should buy them now and without hesitation.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE. Sold out at GameStop. man, I should have place my order. Oh well.
You and I both, man. I'm hoping they release another batch with a different name like they did with Tales of Xillia. They had Tales of Xillia Day 1 edition, and now the collector's edition.

Ah, I see. If you're interested in the LEs, then you should buy them now and without hesitation.
You're probably right, as if I want to go back and get them later, they won't be available as easily, will be exorbitantly priced or whatnot. I figure I'll pre-order them now and see how I'm feeling about the games themselves closer to their respective releases. Side-note, I'm sending you a message, because I wrote a big thing out about collecting which I wasn't sure everyone would want to read. Heck, you may not even want to read it, but anyway, thanks!

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE. Sold out at GameStop. man, I should have place my order. Oh well.
Next time just preorder on Amazon when it comes up, it charges your CC when it ships. Easy cancellation too.

You can preorder and take all the time until release to determine to keep it or not. I cannot stress this enough and it's always sad to see CAGs missing out on CEs they want.

Nice to see feels in the video game world. I missed out as well, I'm hoping they'll release another edition much like they did for Tales of Xillia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back