Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if it's the same artbook for Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collectors Edition and Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition? I thought the LE was $59.99 so I was ok with paying a bit more for the CE, didin't realize it's $39.99. If it's the same artbook I don't need to spend an extra $40 for a soundtrack that I'll probably never listen too.
It is a Blu ray music video disc. I think it alone would be worth the 40.

This very limited quantity FINAL FANTASY X / X-2 Collector’s Edition includes:
• Full-size artbook packaging, featuring 40 pages of imagery from the beautiful world of Spira
• FINAL FANTASY X HD REMASTER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (Blu-Ray MUSIC DISC) – Over six hours of music set to the game’s most memorable moments
• Five lithographs of iconic artwork and characters

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster celebrates two of the most cherished and beloved entries to the world-renowned franchise, now completely remastered in gorgeous High Definition! FINAL FANTASY X tells the story of Tidus, a star blitzball player who journeys with a young and beautiful summoner named Yuna on her quest to save the world of Spira from an endless cycle of destruction wrought by the colossal menace known as "Sin". FINAL FANTASY X-2 returns to the world of Spira where High Summoner Yuna travels with her companions Rikku and Paine to unravel the mysteries of the messages hidden in the spheres she hunts, not knowing that the answers she seeks may change everything. Based on the International Versions of the games that were previously only released in Japan and Europe, FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster brings these timeless classics forward to the current generation of fans, old and new alike.

Dimension for Collector's Edition Art Book:
7.625" x 11"

I don't think its a "video" disc...it says bluray but only music disc on the site...
I forget where I read it, but the part where it says "most rememorable moments" kinda gives it away. It definitely is akin to before the meteor Blu ray music video disc.

does the square enix shop charge when I order or when it ships? debating on lightning returns, thanks
From front page they will charge you right away. Using PayPal you buy the game and wait for shipping. With Credit you authorize the price on the card and it should return in about 3 days. Then they should charge you the price when it ships.

I'd be okay with picking up the S-E exclusive CEs, but goddamn $10 for the cheapest shipping on top of the overpriced games... Ugh. Why couldn't BBY carry them instead :(

IGN put up a "preview" of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/07/tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-whats-old-is-new-again?

Looking at the graphics, except for the cutscenes, it looks kind of meh for a remaster. The graphics and the fact that it's for last gen's console has me debating my purchase of the Collector's Edition. I'll probably keep it up since Symphonia was one of my favorite games of all time (if not it), and they seem as if they're going be rare with preorders selling out fairly quickly. I checked eBay and there's one preorder on there from Australia that's listed at $358.48 (USD) with 10 watchers (+ $44.80 shipping).

Anyone else having issue with getting an order to go through on S/E?  Mine went through the first time but my buddy is having a hell of a time getting his to.  It keeps saying his address is incorrect.

So I placed an order today for the Lightning Returns CE & added Drakengard 3 to the order to get free shipping on both.  It said that Drakengard would be shipping later (because their current release date on it is 12/14) so I said that's fine and ok'd it.  Then when the confirmation comes up, it LOOKS like it's telling me that the entire order will be delayed until Drakengard 3 is released.  I emailed them trying to get some clarification, but only got an automated response as a reply so I submitted a cancellation for the order to be on the safe side.  Does anyone know if they ship the games as they become available, or will they hold the entire order until everything has been released?  

So I placed an order today for the Lightning Returns CE & added Drakengard 3 to the order to get free shipping on both. It said that Drakengard would be shipping later (because their current release date on it is 12/14) so I said that's fine and ok'd it. Then when the confirmation comes up, it LOOKS like it's telling me that the entire order will be delayed until Drakengard 3 is released. I emailed them trying to get some clarification, but only got an automated response as a reply so I submitted a cancellation for the order to be on the safe side. Does anyone know if they ship the games as they become available, or will they hold the entire order until everything has been released?
I'm pretty sure they are up front in saying that orders will ship when the last product is available for shipping. That is a common Digital River policy and they don't even hide it. Did you take a second and look through the site before placing your order?

Yes, and I looked through afterwards as well and didn't see that addressed anywhere but on my invoice.  Before I confirmed the order, it said "One item will be delayed", making it sound like only Drakengard was going to be delayed and I assumed they meant because it was so far out.  But after it was placed it said "this order".  Poor wording, but given their rep it doesn't surprise me.  I dunno if I'm gonna bother reordering just the LR CE - I'm on the fence about it.  

Yes, and I looked through afterwards as well and didn't see that addressed anywhere but on my invoice. Before I confirmed the order, it said "One item will be delayed", making it sound like only Drakengard was going to be delayed and I assumed they meant because it was so far out. But after it was placed it said "this order". Poor wording, but given their rep it doesn't surprise me. I dunno if I'm gonna bother reordering just the LR CE - I'm on the fence about it.
How was the cancellation process (I'm assuming you cancelled the order?).

I could be mistaken but I thought I remember reading in the past people had tried to cancel orders before, and been told they were cancelled only to get a shipping confirmation e-mail, and subsequent credit card charge later AND hassle when they tried to return the items.

Pretty smooth - I just got the confirmation.  I guess if they ship anyway I'll cross that bridge when I get to it - will keep the confirmation email of course as proof.  ;)  

Yes, and I looked through afterwards as well and didn't see that addressed anywhere but on my invoice. Before I confirmed the order, it said "One item will be delayed", making it sound like only Drakengard was going to be delayed and I assumed they meant because it was so far out. But after it was placed it said "this order". Poor wording, but given their rep it doesn't surprise me. I dunno if I'm gonna bother reordering just the LR CE - I'm on the fence about it.
It's pretty straightforward. They tell you they are being cheap multiple times, from what I remember, and that the whole order will be delayed until the second release date. That way they don't pay twice for shipping. I got the same thing ordering the FFX/X-2 collection with Lightning Returns.

Anyone know if it's the same artbook for Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Collectors Edition and Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition? I thought the LE was $59.99 so I was ok with paying a bit more for the CE, didin't realize it's $39.99. If it's the same artbook I don't need to spend an extra $40 for a soundtrack that I'll probably never listen too.
the $39.99 version comes with an artbook in the style of the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD one and the $79.99 version comes with the full featured artbook

I remember Zavvi puts a rotation pending charge? It's been a while since I ordered from them.

Though I would personally try my luck during launch. I don't think we even know this is truly limited and rare?

I ordered my copy of LR CE w/ the X/X2 CE for the free shipping. X/X2 comes out only a month later, so if you don't mind waiting a little bit, you can do that.

I'm grappling with the decision on whether or not to get the Final Fantasy X CE. It's my favorite game.. but it's $90 total. That music disc though.. man does it have a great OST.. decisions, decisions.

I'm grappling with the decision on whether or not to get the Final Fantasy X CE. It's my favorite game.. but it's $90 total. That music disc though.. man does it have a great OST.. decisions, decisions.
The music Blu-ray is definitely a nice bonus, but the rearrangements made to the soundtrack for the HD versions are almost all inferior to the original game's soundtrack, sadly.

I ordered my copy of LR CE w/ the X/X2 CE for the free shipping. X/X2 comes out only a month later, so if you don't mind waiting a little bit, you can do that.
How sure are you that Digital River will actually hold the copy of LR CE that you've ordered, rather then shipping it out to someone else? My concern is that they would run out of copies, so I planned to order with something else that is already out (Dead Island GOTY even though I can get it 5 cheaper at amazon).

The music Blu-ray is definitely a nice bonus, but the rearrangements made to the soundtrack for the HD versions are almost all inferior to the original game's soundtrack, sadly.
Eh.. Even without hearing the Bravely Default soundtrack, I preordered the CE just so I could get the OST. I automatically picked the Majora's Mask soundtrack from CN Platinum, and my copy of Skyward Sword had to include it. I'm a sucker for soundtracks in general. I'll probably get it with the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack on the site, seeing as how it'd give me free shipping and I'd only pay a few dollars more.

How sure are you that Digital River will actually hold the copy of LR CE that you've ordered, rather then shipping it out to someone else? My concern is that they would run out of copies, so I planned to order with something else that is already out (Dead Island GOTY even though I can get it 5 cheaper at amazon).
I had this same fear so I ordered a keychain with my Lightning Returns CE and a plush with the FFX / X2. The price difference isn't bad because I am paying about 6-7 bucks more for a keychain / plush rather than shelling out just for shipping. I was part of the Wizard Edition fiasco where I had two copies preordered and luckily still got one copy.

With that said I've ordered stuff through the MS store online which uses DR and I got my items (Killer Instinct Pin Edition) so maybe they have fixed their issues.

well FF 13-3 I would love to have....I would have loved to have the ToS as well....and that Titanfall Holy****. 

but all of that aint happening. I really want to see Titanfall's drop in price(seriously 250 bucks that statue better blow my mind)....and FF 13-3 just seems over priced.  and ToS i missed that boat.

anyone still looking for Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition, Bestbuy.com have them in stock.... $99.99 (w/ GCU discount $79.99). best price you'll ever get.

well FF 13-3 I would love to have....I would have loved to have the ToS as well....and that Titanfall Holy****.

but all of that aint happening. I really want to see Titanfall's drop in price(seriously 250 bucks that statue better blow my mind)....and FF 13-3 just seems over priced. and ToS i missed that boat.
The Titan Fall is a big fucker. 19-ish by 16-ish.

i agree the titan fall collectors edition could be a little cheaper. its really nice but you could buy a ps3 or a vita for the price difference

Titan Fall CE is pretty expensive but i decided to reserve it at BB since i save $50 with the GCU.  Also  BB has Reaper Of Souls Collectors Edtion up. i think its like $63.xx with the GCU

i agree the titan fall collectors edition could be a little cheaper. its really nice but you could buy a ps3 or a vita for the price difference
My local gamestop told me that they hadn't sold a single one yet. Also, not surprisingly, they won't get any if they don't sell any. I imagine it's the same elsewhere. It's a really nice looking statue, but that is a positively staggering price point for it.

anyone still looking for Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition, Bestbuy.com have them in stock.... $99.99 (w/ GCU discount $79.99). best price you'll ever get.
I remember grabbing the ToX CE for 40% off in December from Namco. I'm surprised to see that many around.

My local gamestop told me that they hadn't sold a single one yet. Also, not surprisingly, they won't get any if they don't sell any. I imagine it's the same elsewhere. It's a really nice looking statue, but that is a positively staggering price point for it.
They could sell 25,000 TitanFall CE's no problem if they just announced that the print size was.... 25,000.

However they aren't announcing a print size and they have opened it up to just about every retailer for presale. Therefore I feel like it is a good liklihood they will over estimate demand and there will be a surplus of inventory so it is likely there will be at least once pricedrop post release

Getting Titanfall CE with GCU seems like a good deal, you are at least safe for a $50 price drop.
it would not surprise one bit, if titanfall ce actually sells out, even at that price. I mean these days , you got people actually killing/physically harming people for some $200 pairs of air jordans sneakers.

it would not surprise one bit, if titanfall ce actually sells out, even at that price. I mean these days , you got people actually killing/physically harming people for some $200 pairs of air jordans sneakers.
True. But that's a totally different crowd from the gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back