Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Really bummed about the Hyrule Warriors LE.  I guess Nintendo currently has their factories busy making the 4 different 3ds XL's they plan on releasing the next 3 months. 

I was able to contact someone at Capcom regarding the sold out preorders for Monster Hunter 4U CE and he confirmed that more copies of the game will become available within the week among all major retailers (Amazon, yay). They are also aware that people haven't been able to preorder in store (GS) which will be resolved once preorders are reopened. Simply put, this is not an online exclusive item that some people were led to believe.

Capcom and "limited"...I believe that's an oxymoron.

I was able to contact someone at Capcom regarding the sold out preorders for Monster Hunter 4U CE and he confirmed that more copies of the game will become available within the week among all major retailers (Amazon, yay). They are also aware that people haven't been able to preorder in store (GS) which will be resolved once preorders are reopened. Simply put, this is not an online exclusive item that some people were led to believe.

Capcom and "limited"...I believe that's an oxymoron.
Excellent, BB preorder with GCU here I come.(Eventually)

Did anyone elses Ghost Editoon box came damaged? Apparently a lot of people who bought this from amazon have been having this issue. I bitched at customer service and got a $30 refund.

Hey guys, just a general question. I preordered the Persona Q Wild Card edition in-store at Best Buy via their kiosk in the gaming department (search for game, print receipt, checkout, etc.) I've never done this before and was wondering if anyone here had experience with it. I've still got my Amazon preorder locked, but I would much rather be able to use GCU on the purchase. I'd just hate to walk on release day to find it never showed up or something.

All of my cautionary tales have gotten mixed up. I don't know who to trust anymore!

Did anyone elses Ghost Editoon box came damaged? Apparently a lot of people who bought this from amazon have been having this issue. I bitched at customer service and got a $30 refund.
I bought mine at Gamestop, and it was damaged as well. I think it's a problem with the distributer and manufacturer, not the retailers. It's a poor design and flimsy at the corners.

So, did anyone else get a cancellation email from Newegg about the Destiny Ghost Edition? They're not getting any... at all. 

So they're giving people the game for free or $50 Newegg giftcard. If you want the giftcard, you just reply to the email... problem is, the email is an automated message and you can't reply to it. :lol:

Luckily, I got a copy at Amazon when it came back in stock yesterday for a short period. 

Batmobile Edition is now out of stock at GameStop. Darn it. 

Edit: For both platforms. This means there is no way, at the moment, to get it without paying the inevitable ridiculous markup.

Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- is getting an LE--$69.99 for PS3, $79.99 for PS4: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/12/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-limited-edition-announced-north-america/

• “The Backyard” – The outer box for the Limited Edition features a replica of “The Backyard” complete with gears and high-quality binding. Dare to open the book to uncover all the goodies!

• Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Soundtrack – The Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- soundtrack is filled with the hard rocking tunes that the series is known for, arranged by Guilty Gear series creator, Daisuke Ishiwatari, himself!

• Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Character Book – What limited edition is without its art book? The Character Book features a profile for each character from Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, as well as those from Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus and Guilty Gear 2 Overture, and a glossary of terms; a complete character history for those who have some catching up to do!

• Sol Badguy “Free” Keychain – Inscribed with the word “FREE,” this metal keychain is a scaled replica of the original belt buckle worn by Sol! Add it to your keys to show off something truly unique!
Only available at Amazon, it seems.
PS3: http://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Gear-Xrd-SIGN-Limited-PlayStation/dp/B00NJ07F6K/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1410553926&sr=1-1&keywords=guilty+gear+xrd+limited+edition

PS4: http://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Gear-Xrd-SIGN-Limited-PlayStation/dp/B00NJ07B46/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1410553926&sr=1-2&keywords=guilty+gear+xrd+limited+edition

I hope so. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to pre-order from Best Buy, and I haven't heard the greatest things about their pre-order system.

I hope so. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to pre-order from Best Buy, and I haven't heard the greatest things about their pre-order system.
Actually they are solid as of late. I too have had problems but those have disappeared. I have pre ordered dozens of titles over the last year mostly collectors and they have all come through. For me BB blows away the competition especially if you have GCU. They have a reward system too, so not sure why people still flock to amazon (maybe no tax still in a few states?)

I've been shifting all my pre-orders from Gamestop to Best Buy as of late. GCU makes it silly to buy anywhere else when considering $$'s. Add the extra layer of bonus reward certificates and games end up being a LOT cheaper. Unfortunately, getting pre-orders placed is a huge pain in the ass compared to Gamestop and Amazon. Their kiosks are a nightmare and the employees tend to not know what the heck is going on. You have to be VERY specific with them for what you want to preorder or you might end up with the wrong thing and not know it. To top that off, they have problems tracking inventory it seems. I can go in and print a ticket at the kiosk for a game, only to hit the register and found out it wont ring up and the employee has no idea why. They basically just shrug and say sorry. It's puzzling that they've done this every time I've tried to get a preorder in for Sleeping Dogs DE on Xbox One. I can't believe that one is already sold out, and they can't answer whether or not it is.

For now, I'm actually pre-ordering everything at both until I can see a clear pattern from Best Buy that they'll live up to my expectations. The side bonus is that I have a backup pre-order in place if one of them damages my item.

Well I received my Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Collector's Edition today. That was a nice surprise.
That's awesome. How lucky of you. Can you answer one question? The CollectaCards that were given away at PAX had generic multi-use passwords (they were phrases, in fact). As far as you can tell, are the CollectaCard passwords from the Collector's edition the same way or do they seem unique?

Batmobile Edition is now out of stock at GameStop. Darn it.

Edit: For both platforms. This means there is no way, at the moment, to get it without paying the inevitable ridiculous markup.
Holy batman you are right. Better get those BBY preorders in if you missed out on Amazon and Gamestop people.

I've been shifting all my pre-orders from Gamestop to Best Buy as of late. GCU makes it silly to buy anywhere else when considering $$'s. Add the extra layer of bonus reward certificates and games end up being a LOT cheaper. Unfortunately, getting pre-orders placed is a huge pain in the ass compared to Gamestop and Amazon. Their kiosks are a nightmare and the employees tend to not know what the heck is going on. You have to be VERY specific with them for what you want to preorder or you might end up with the wrong thing and not know it. To top that off, they have problems tracking inventory it seems. I can go in and print a ticket at the kiosk for a game, only to hit the register and found out it wont ring up and the employee has no idea why. They basically just shrug and say sorry. It's puzzling that they've done this every time I've tried to get a preorder in for Sleeping Dogs DE on Xbox One. I can't believe that one is already sold out, and they can't answer whether or not it is.

For now, I'm actually pre-ordering everything at both until I can see a clear pattern from Best Buy that they'll live up to my expectations. The side bonus is that I have a backup pre-order in place if one of them damages my item.
Preorder online and pickup at store and literally every one of your issues disappears.

Preorder online and pickup at store and literally every one of your issues disappears.
or get the sku from online and have them type it in at the register in store. that is how i got my ghost editions in store

Yeah, had to do that twice now because for random reasons the preorders were cut off weeks before release.

Though its also annoying when the site randomly ends store pickups/shipping as well (Only to return on release day)

So, did anyone else get a cancellation email from Newegg about the Destiny Ghost Edition? They're not getting any... at all.

So they're giving people the game for free or $50 Newegg giftcard. If you want the giftcard, you just reply to the email... problem is, the email is an automated message and you can't reply to it. :lol:

Luckily, I got a copy at Amazon when it came back in stock yesterday for a short period.
Did you or anyone else ever figure out how to contact them about this? Trying to email them from their site but I keep getting a loading error.

Did you or anyone else ever figure out how to contact them about this? Trying to email them from their site but I keep getting a loading error.
The email said to just reply to the email if you want the gift voucher, have you tried that? I get that there is a contradiction in the email... email is automated and says DO NOT REPLY but the body of the email says "reply if you want the voucher" so it probably won't work.

I decided to just go for the game for free. I don't have a PS4 so I can't play it but from the reviews/impressions, I'm glad I didn't get amped for this game. It looks like a dud. I'll take my free copy and trade it somewhere, I don't shop at Newegg much anymore anyway.

Anyone know how early in advance you can pre-order limited/collectors editions from BBY? I want to pre-order the Witcher 3 one but they don't have it listed yet..

Anyone know how early in advance you can pre-order limited/collectors editions from BBY? I want to pre-order the Witcher 3 one but they don't have it listed yet..
Actually, it sold out months ago (I know because I preordered one there) and knowing BB, they won't be listing it again until after release if ever.

no. Bestbuy in store pickup for preorders are horrible. They will put a huge ass sticker on the box, it can still be damaged in the warehouse and if it's rare there is a good chance they will sell it to someone else.

no. Bestbuy in store pickup for preorders are horrible. They will put a huge ass sticker on the box, it can still be damaged in the warehouse and if it's rare there is a good chance they will sell it to someone else.
I usually have good experience with Best Buy in store pickups. Out of the retailers offering the Destiny Ghost Edition, Best Buy had it in the best condition. I know to some that seems ironic but I think because if a preorder is picked up a store, they get all of their shipments in bigger boxes from their local warehouses. Theoretically speaking, the bigger the box, the better the packing job. As for the sticker, they are pretty easy to peel off if you go nice and slow with them.

As for online orders, it's always a crapshoot from the various retailers because one item is much easier to damage in transit versus a pallet of items.

I noticed that with my Ghost edition in store pick up that the sticker they put on was only about 1/4 on. They seemed to only peel back enough for it to hold and didn't put the whole sticker on it. Noticed this with my cap America steelbook too.

So I received my Destiny Ghost Edition from UPS a few days ago only to find out that the item is damaged. The lid is completely torn in a couple of the corners as if somebody ripped one side open to see what was inside while the sleeve has a slight tear. I tried calling GameStop customer service to resolve the issue but to no avail. The guy told me I could do a couple things. 1) In his own words, suck it up. 2) I could either return it for a full refund, however I would not be able to get another because they were sold out. 3) Try and take it to the one GS in my area that has one Ghost Edition left to try and negotiate with the manager to exchange the item or at least trade the item in to get the last one they have. 

From what I've been reading, alot of people are having the same issue.

Yes, as it's been said it's a problem with the manufacturer and distributer. The Ghost Edition was poorly designed and cheaply boxed. Mine is torn at three of the four corners. All well, I'll live with it since there's a zero chance of getting a replacement.

You know my Ghost Edition came in perfect pristine condition. Could be I'm an Amazon Prime Member, bit that box was stuffed with tons of protection. Ever since I upgraded to Prime, I do notice Amazon takes way better care of my packages. Only GS is as Ok, while BB sucks at protecting Collectors Edition, in my experience.

You know my Ghost Edition came in perfect pristine condition. Could be I'm an Amazon Prime Member, bit that box was stuffed with tons of protection. Ever since I upgraded to Prime, I do notice Amazon takes way better care of my packages. Only GS is as Ok, while BB sucks at protecting Collectors Edition, in my experience.
Has nothing to do with it at all. In fact, the warehouse people packing your order have no idea whether you are prime or not. They just get instructions to pull a certain item, the computer tells them which packaging to use and they throw the item inside, send it through the taping and labeling machine and throw it on a conveyor belt that dumps it in a large holding area for pickup by delivery services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back