Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Has nothing to do with it at all. In fact, the warehouse people packing your order have no idea whether you are prime or not. They just get instructions to pull a certain item, the computer tells them which packaging to use and they throw the item inside, send it through the taping and labeling machine and throw it on a conveyor belt that dumps it in a large holding area for pickup by delivery services.
I'm sure a larger percentage of the Ghost Editions were damaged on their way from the manufacturer to the distributors then they were from the distributors (stores) to the customers.

Sucks that everyone is trying to take it out on Amazon, Best Buy and other retailers.

Thought it should be noted that at least on the Sony platforms, the codes in the Destiny LE/Ghost Edition expire exactly one year after the game's release.

So I received my Destiny Ghost Edition from UPS a few days ago only to find out that the item is damaged. The lid is completely torn in a couple of the corners as if somebody ripped one side open to see what was inside while the sleeve has a slight tear. I tried calling GameStop customer service to resolve the issue but to no avail. The guy told me I could do a couple things. 1) In his own words, suck it up. 2) I could either return it for a full refund, however I would not be able to get another because they were sold out. 3) Try and take it to the one GS in my area that has one Ghost Edition left to try and negotiate with the manager to exchange the item or at least trade the item in to get the last one they have.

From what I've been reading, alot of people are having the same issue.
and people in this thread say that all stores are the same and stop being a "baby" and buy from gamestop.

This is a perfect example of why you don't buy from gamestop. At least amazon is giving a 20% refund for damaged copies.

Has nothing to do with it at all. In fact, the warehouse people packing your order have no idea whether you are prime or not. They just get instructions to pull a certain item, the computer tells them which packaging to use and they throw the item inside, send it through the taping and labeling machine and throw it on a conveyor belt that dumps it in a large holding area for pickup by delivery services.
well it does matter at least for small things on what packaging they use. If I use my prime account for a video game they will send it in a padded envelope because a box is much more expensive for fast shipping. If I use my non prime account they will send it in a box because the extra cost is non existent or not that much more for slow shipping speeds. At least this has always been my experience.

well it does matter at least for small things on what packaging they use. If I use my prime account for a video game they will send it in a padded envelope because a box is much more expensive for fast shipping. If I use my non prime account they will send it in a box because the extra cost is non existent or not that much more for slow shipping speeds. At least this has always been my experience.
That's just not how it works. I order plenty of games with prime and get plenty of single games in boxes or cardboard wrap overs. I've also used prime and received multiple games in a single bubble envelope. At other times I've used non-prime/FSSS and received games in both bubble pouches and boxes. Packaging with Amazon is entirely dependent on a computer algorithm that selects the appropriate packaging and my understanding is it has nothing to do with shipping speed or cost, at least not directly.

That's just not how it works. I order plenty of games with prime and get plenty of single games in boxes or cardboard wrap overs. I've also used prime and received multiple games in a single bubble envelope. At other times I've used non-prime/FSSS and received games in both bubble pouches and boxes. Packaging with Amazon is entirely dependent on a computer algorithm that selects the appropriate packaging and my understanding is it has nothing to do with shipping speed or cost, at least not directly.
Why would it not calculate based on cost? That seems like the only thing it should calculate it based on. I purchase games every week and that is exactly how it works

Why would it not calculate based on cost? That seems like the only thing it should calculate it based on. I purchase games every week and that is exactly how it works
I also purchase games every week from Amazon and there is no cost based pattern to how they are shipped. Frankly, Amazon uses a lot of smaller regional carriers now and they likely get great rates regardless of the type of packaging used. I know just last week I received four different single disc Xbox 360 games, two were shipped in good size cardboard boxes, one was shipped in a wrap around cardboard box and one came in a bubble pouch. All weighed exactly the same amount not including the packaging and all were Prime. If cost was the deciding factor, why wouldn't those games have all been packaged identically?

Gamestop hate is always funny. I've seen people say that one of the positives of Gamestop is they are probably the best retailer for getting things like collector editions in good condition. This is when you preorder in-store, of course. Different stores have their perks, but If I truly care about the condition of an item, I'm not getting it shipped to me from ANY retailer if I have the choice of picking it up in-store.

Amazon reps aren't all the same and will give different amounts of money back, this is shown by posts in the many Destiny Ghost threads on this site. I've had reps offer no discount, other reps offer full refund AND allow me to keep the item, and random discounts in between. Gamestop in-store preorders apparently got discounts of I think 15-30% depending on severity of the damage of the Ghost Edition, so it's possible you could get money back from an online order if you get lucky with a CSR or make enough of a fuss about it.

jrr6415sun said:
and people in this thread say that all stores are the same and stop being a "baby" and buy from gamestop.

This is a perfect example of why you don't buy from gamestop. At least amazon is giving a 20% refund for damaged copies.
don't you mean 40%?

Actually, it sold out months ago (I know because I preordered one there) and knowing BB, they won't be listing it again until after release if ever.
I pre-ordered the PS4 Collectors version of Witcher 3 back in June - but I prepurchased it in store. When they announced the extra collectibles in the XBOX One set (and by that point I had gotten an XBOX One thanks to Targets double down trade days :cool: ) I wanted to order it in store but it wasn't offered. At the time, I couldn't afford to have 135 dollars held in my checking from an online order so I waited assuming it wouldn't disappear this quickly. I still have the PS4 at the store, but I am still worried. How good are store pickups for collector's items? Heck, will they even have it!?! I am thinking about going and pre-ordering the XBOX One version at Gamestop to have a back up in case I decide I have to have the extra items or in case the store Fs this up. How much to pre-order it at Gamestop? I mean how much minimum down to pre-order (I am assuming it won't be 5 like regular games).

Yep. Added into cart went to find my wallet and to enter security code and sold out. Less than 14 minutes since it was first posted on this thread

well, it was posted here a little late.  Saw it on other forums first myself.  Just was hoping to get it in-store for $5 cash down rather than placing a hold on my card for the full amount for nearly a year.

Yeah, but doesn't allow you to add it I believe.
Hmmm, odd. That doesn't make sense that the LE is sold out either though. I wonder if something is just wrong with the site. If it was a stock issue, you would think the Batmobile editions for one of the platforms would sell out first. But all 4 are unavailable so I think something is up on Best Buy's end.

Was this up yesterday?
No, just today I believe. I think Matt from BestBuy posted on the forums a little while ago though about it being up. Have to go back and check the timestamp I guess. I just meant that I saw this was up on BestBuy from some other forums a bit sooner than the post here, so thought perhaps the sell-out was real?

Either way, this thing is being produced in all countries, for all retailers, on multiple consoles so the run # can't be THAT low right?

No, just today I believe. I think Matt from BestBuy posted on the forums a little while ago though about it being up. Have to go back and check the timestamp I guess. I just meant that I saw this was up on BestBuy from some other forums a bit sooner than the post here, so thought perhaps the sell-out was real?

Either way, this thing is being produced in all countries, for all retailers, on multiple consoles so the run # can't be THAT low right?
Do you have a link to that forum topic? The more people who let someone know about this site issue, the sooner it can be fixed.

I was able to check out with my order and even got a confirmation # but when i look in my orders it doesn't show up yet. I interesting. ...

Wow I'm glad I decided to put my LE order in right when I saw that guys post and didn't wait. Got my order and a confirmation number but it wouldn't add tax. Would be cool if no tax gets charged lol but doubt it. Sucks if it sold out that quick.

Yeah, I really, really, really hope this doesn't mean it actually sold out. :pray:
Yeah, I'm with you on that. Already got this pre-ordered at GS and the LE on Amazon, but really need to get this with GCU, otherwise I'll have to find some more crazy money-making flips with GS to make me feel like I'm not losing out big here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back