Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Death Stranding CE is interesting but I’m super happy there is the option of a $70 special edition with just the steelbook case as well.

Are those random anime girl games any good? I see hardly any news on them outside the goodie bag CEs they put out and a ton of them on the PS4 shelf at gamestop. I've had little interest in CEs for those games because of the lack of general info on them, but I guess there is a market for it.
People don't buy these games to play them.

This is most likely the statue you get with the Death Stranding Collector's Edition.

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1133776707339481089

I have elite pro till end of July. 15 bucks for shipping it shows. Another reason I stop shopping there lol
Try clearing cookies. Emptying cart. Relogin and all that. This often works to get the free shipping working again. Though sometimes it seems like it can't be fixed.

Try clearing cookies. Emptying cart. Relogin and all that. This often works to get the free shipping working again. Though sometimes it seems like it can't be fixed.
Yeah or just have to wait it out for a bit. Happened just yesterday again for me - kept getting charged and when I tried to checkout about 20 mins later, it corrected itself.

I usually order one for delivery and one for pickup because of all the recent screw-ups with inventory / release timing and damaged boxes with those freaking stickers right on the box, but BB is canceling my second order.
Same here. Second order was auto-cancelled. They must be enforcing a 1 per customer limit.

Guess I'll get the special from bestbuy. The baby is cool but 200 is too much and my gcu is expired, if it wasnt I'd get the collectors.

Ordered the CE from Best Buy, 1 for shipping and one for store pickup for safety purposes as always, and like others have mentioned one of them was cancelled, the pickup one. Since my local store actually takes decent care of pickup orders I thought I'd rather have my remaining preorder changed to pickup, but when I did that it was cancelled as well not long afterwards. Tried to place a new preorder after that, and after several tries no matter whether I picked shipping or pickup, they were all cancelled minutes later. Apparently I can't buy the thing at all now, it must flag your account after placing any kind of order for the CE, regardless of whether you even have an active preorder pending for it or not.

I PM'd one of their reps on their support forums, and was told they didn't see an apparent reason for the cancellations (although surely it was an order limit) and would be contacting one of their "internal partners" to take a closer look, and I would be contacted again afterwards. Of course the game is sold out already so I'm not sure what good it'll do at this point, but maybe we'll at least get some clarification if there's some sort of new order limit policy.

At least I got an order in at Gamestop while it was up though. Would vastly prefer Best Buy to them, but I'll be happy I managed to get an order in somewhere.

tl;dr If you ordered two CE's and had one cancelled, don't modify your remaining order if you can help it or you might screw yourself out of getting one through them at all.

I canceled the CEs for Catherine and Fire Emblem.  My backlog is big enough and I don't have a ton of interest in either game.  I'm gonna see if I can pre-order the Death Stranding steelbook version in store at Gamestop today.

I canceled the CEs for Catherine and Fire Emblem. My backlog is big enough and I don't have a ton of interest in either game. I'm gonna see if I can pre-order the Death Stranding steelbook version in store at Gamestop today.
Weren't the last two FE CEs sold out pre-release and then readily available or am I losing it? I swear I saw the CEs for Echoes and Warriors for less than retail post-release.

Weren't the last two FE CEs sold out pre-release and then readily available or am I losing it? I swear I saw the CEs for Echoes and Warriors for less than retail post-release.
Warriors yes, it has been discounted, although nothing crazy yet. Echoes was readily available, but it doesn't look actual retailers have any more and it was not discounted to my knowledge.

Usually nowadays when these uber expensive CEs sell out quickly, theres a mass cancellation right before it releases. Its hard to make profit and you can tell majority of these are being ordered up by re-sellers. Recently the true rare CEs tend to be the ones thats available for preorder for awhile then sells out right before game launches and then just gone for good. (Sekiro, DQ XI, Resident Evil 2) etc...

Y'all crazy. Just wait for the PS5 version. :D
What I really want to know is how these late-gen PS4 disc games are going to translate to the PS5.

It sounds like, and if it's anything like XB1, that you might get cross-gen support and actually get the updated version of the game. For instance, what happens when you put a Assassin's Creed 4 360 disc into an XB1 disc drive? It's on the XB1 BC list; so which version do you get?

The PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4. Is it really going to emulate previous gen games that also appear on the next-gen? Or is it going to detect the disc and download the current (best) version of the game?

Maybe I have all of this wrong.

What I really want to know is how these late-gen PS4 disc games are going to translate to the PS5.

It sounds like, and if it's anything like XB1, that you might get cross-gen support and actually get the updated version of the game. For instance, what happens when you put a Assassin's Creed 4 360 disc into an XB1 disc drive?

The PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4. Is it really going to emulate previous gen games that also appear on the next-gen? Or is it going to detect the disc and download the current (best) version of the game?

I'm expecting something similar to how the Xbox is enhancing older gen games, PS5 Optimized incoming

It sounds like, and if it's anything like XB1, that you might get cross-gen support and actually get the updated version of the game. For instance, what happens when you put a Assassin's Creed 4 360 disc into an XB1 disc drive? It's on the XB1 BC list; so which version do you get?

I hope that's true. With games like the final fantasy 7 remake( we all know it's not going to release before the ps5 comes out and was a promised ps4 title ). It would make sense for them to do it this way. There really is no reason for them to make 2 skus except for greed.

Usually nowadays when these uber expensive CEs sell out quickly, theres a mass cancellation right before it releases. Its hard to make profit and you can tell majority of these are being ordered up by re-sellers. Recently the true rare CEs tend to be the ones thats available for preorder for awhile then sells out right before game launches and then just gone for good. (Sekiro, DQ XI, Resident Evil 2) etc...
Those three you listed were also store exclusive to either Gamestop or Square Enix (for DQ XI).

I can see Death Stranding coming back in stock as it's release is still a long way away.

I didn't even see Death Stranding go in stock at all.

I guess that leaves Target & Walmart left? I forgot if they require you to pay right away or not.

Re backwards compatibility and emulating:

XBO is emulating or cross compiling or simply the executable is being replaced since every game requires explicit support case by case. PowerPC vs x86 different architectures. However modern x86 is vastly more powerful than that ancient PPC uarch. Since most development these days is API centric and written in high level languages/engines for cross platform support, 95% of the emulating is just intercepting API calls with wrappers. The user code that exists in native PPC can be can be JIT cross assembled to x86 and cached at launch or real time or even just simply downloaded from a database (hence case by case support, tweaking, and validation of every backward compatible 360 game).

PS4 to PS5 however is just going to run native just like when you upgrade your x86 based PC.  It's the same exact architecture through and through like PC like all cosoles will be going forward. Though without patches to enable any new features to query platform features including higher resolution or adding more objects, like PC, all you can expect is higher frame rates without developer support. And even then most are capped to a target by software design goals so most you will see is more stable framerates (eg no drops but no higher than target peak).

it's back up at best buy per wario

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1134187668579897344

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back