Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
So just curious what you guys use for storage for your games. I assume you like most use shelving. I used to use shelving, but I got rid of it because I have an old house, it was built in like the 50s and it has a lot of dust. I managed to limit it with some remodeling(going hardwood, ventilation duct cleaning, etc) and air purifiers, so it's not as bad as it used to be, but it definitely still amasses much quicker than your average home. I'd say every week there is a decent coating of dust on everything and it was just too much trouble cleaning with the shelving. It would get on the games and in between cracks, it was really gross and way too tiresome to maintain. I'd have to pull all the cases out individually and wipe them off.

So I started storing all my games in plastic storage bins, like Sterilite and such and stacking them up to keep them clean.

Wonder if you guys recommend any other alternatives, because they're starting to get bulky and I'm running out of room to store stuff.

FYI: A few years ago I also bought one of those storage cabinets to try that and I have no freaking clue, but somehow the inside of that amassed dust too. Granted, at a slower rate, but still, same premise. So those are a no go too.
I used cabinets for all my rarer stuff but ran out of space in those and now use bookshelves and just double up on storing stuff (one row in the front, one row in the back) or end up removing actual shelves and just stack things on top of each other (but still use box protectors). I've got a ton of stuff under my bed too, thanks to those cheap platform frame (vs using a box spring).

I use shelves, Atlantic Oskars specifically. Works great for me, but I also don't have issues with shelf dust where I am.
Atlantic downgraded a lot of their shelves in recent years. They used to be amazing but their stuff isn't as good now.

I'd look into reducing the dust with better air filters in your HVAC system. Your filter should look just as dusty as everything thing else after a week. If not, the dust is just passing right through. I keep everything in drawers and cabinets though. I have a few things out on shelves, books and book like ce boxes. For some reason I just dont like everything out on display. I like having them organized and filed away.
All the big stuff lines the top top shelving around my closet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is the air purifier I was using in my game room:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CFA14K/

I mean I guess I could go for something better, but I don't wanna make myself broke just to attempt to eliminate some dust for my game collection.

I actually got rid of it and didn't notice much of a difference so it wasn't doing much.

This is the air purifier I was using in my game room:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CFA14K/

I mean I guess I could go for something better, but I don't wanna make myself broke just to attempt to eliminate some dust for my game collection.

I actually got rid of it and didn't notice much of a difference so it wasn't doing much.
That looks good to me. I wasnt even going that far, I was just thinking of the filter in your air handler for your central air. I used a bargain filter before and after a month it looked brand new, it wasnt pulling anything out of the air.

Yakuza Remastered Collection, is up for pre-order in store at Gamestop. Just did one today, gonna cancel my Amazon order because I have lots of trade credit.. It shows on the app when you search "Yakuza remastered" but not on the website for some reason.

Anyone know where I can find yakuza 0 for cheap that's not the playstation hit
They don't seem to be running that much of a premium over the Hits version on eBay, it just looks like there aren't a lot of listings up at the moment. Just keep an eye on eBay, Amazon, and your local Gamestop; more of a waiting game than anything else.

FINALLY!! Got an order in for Link's Awakening CE at Amazon UK!!:D:D:D 

Time to cancel Amazon IT, good luck to everyone else trying to snag this! 

FINALLY!! Got an order in for Link's Awakening CE at Amazon UK!! :D:D:D

damn, I missed out again. It's ghosting. I've been refreshing all five EU amazon bookmarks 2-3 times per day.

Surprised to see NFS heat CE sold out on amazon.de both game and no game editions

FINALLY!! Got an order in for Link's Awakening CE at Amazon UK!! :D:D:D

Nice, what was the price after conversion? I only have it preorder at amazon.it but cancelled it last week. It was too pricey for me.

Nice, what was the price after conversion? I only have it preorder at amazon.it but cancelled it last week. It was too pricey for me.
Showing up as $80 on Amazon but actual conversion rates should it closer to $77 so not sure which one. My Amazon IT order was $100 when I placed the order but looks like it updated and was $92 when I cancelled.

Anyone know if the Control Deluxe Physical edition has sold out at BB? Was it ever available to order online?
I ordered it a while back in early May. It's been in stock for a while, up until a week or so ago. I expect it will come back in stock after release, it won't be rare.

Don't think there is one.

On a side note, I've been cleaning and organizing stuff this past week and I did something that probably should have been really obvious and that most of you probably already do, and I'm such a dolt for not thinking of this earlier, but I'm gonna post it anyway in case some of you don't do it.

A lot of the time when you open stuff like consoles, controllers, etc, it's impossible to get those damn cords and cables back into the box. I can't be the only one that has issues with it, they just never fit back into the box quite right without making it impossible to close or bust the box out of it seams.

So I would just leave a lot of cables out of the box in drawers and I'd get them confused and never know which belonged to which. So I bought a bunch of clear plastic baggies, put my cables in them and then stuck little sticky labels on them and labeled each individual cord.

Also labeling all my storage boxes with games in it and listing each individual game in each box so I know what game is where and I don't have to spend hours digging through boxes looking for stuff.

Common sense, but I never did it until this week.

I cancelled Monster Hunter Iceborne. I'm still working on the last crown in the main game and don't want to pick up more grind.  I enjoyed the game, I just don't crave it enough to want more.  None of my friends play it.  I need to be a little smarter on CEs that I want and not waste money on a CE for a game I won't play.  I tried Sekiro after getting the CE, while nice, the game wasn't my cup of tea.

Does anyone know if the Watch Dogs Legion steelbook in the gold edition is different from the one in the Gamestop Exclusive Ultimate Steelbook Edition?

I ordered it a while back in early May. It's been in stock for a while, up until a week or so ago. I expect it will come back in stock after release, it won't be rare.
My store got zero Deluxe copies so I don't know about that. It's possible they could add it back to the site tonight but who knows with a smaller publisher like 505.

My store got zero Deluxe copies so I don't know about that. It's possible they could add it back to the site tonight but who knows with a smaller publisher like 505.
Just from my experience if it says 'coming soon' it always goes up for sale again, when stock is actually depleted it will show 'sold out'. Of course whatever amount they put back up could be really small and sell out quick.

Does anyone know if the Watch Dogs Legion steelbook in the gold edition is different from the one in the Gamestop Exclusive Ultimate Steelbook Edition?
and the $190 one is the only good looking one :/

As for Ghost Recon, the Gold edition looks best IMO. Dunno if I want to hold onto my Wolves Edition...

Ehh... I mean I like steelbooks, but I'd never in my life pay $140(with tax) for the Gamestop version if it's basically just a gold edition version with bonus DLC. What an absolutely absurd price. Thing should be $89.99 at most and that's pushing it.

I'll just get the gold edition from BB with GCU.

Looks like Astral Chain is reviewing really well. A shame the US got shafted on a CE. This will probably be the first game I get when I get a switch. 

I like the steelbook for the collector's edition more.
b0ec8080445b2fd361d0ffc18bb81321.jpg

Idk how to post a pic from mobile but ign posted and deleted a tweet showing some of the figures from the borderlands 3 CE and they look like little army men with no paint...

Bby getting fresh batch of Death Stranding CE, go go go

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I mean have one pre-ordered but does everyone really plan to display the baby in a jar? The more I think about it, the more it makes me think of awkward to display CEs, kinda like the Rage 2 zombie head thing. I'm not sure I want that visible when people come over lol

I mean have one pre-ordered but does everyone really plan to display the baby in a jar? The more I think about it, the more it makes me think of awkward to display CEs, kinda like the Rage 2 zombie head thing. I'm not sure I want that visible when people come over lol
It does not help that it's a cheap piece of crap. It's in my closet. :/ Steelbook was nice though and it wasn't any more expensive than an Ubisoft Ultimate Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back