~~~Official dv8mad Lowball Sale Repository~~~ New location starting August first

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's probably best for the sellers to eat some of the fees in order to give the buyers piece of mind when they do pay for their items. It sucks but it's only fair to them since it otherwise offers them more fees and maybe less protection.

[quote name='Shady3011']I think it's probably best for the sellers to eat some of the fees in order to give the buyers piece of mind when they do pay for their items. It sucks but it's only fair to them since it otherwise offers them more fees and maybe less protection.[/QUOTE]

That is probably true. But this problem could be avoid if the seller has two paypal accounts. One that accepts paypal credit card and the other one accept direct fund transfers.

[quote name='hero101']That is probably true. But this problem could be avoid if the seller has two paypal accounts. One that accepts paypal credit card and the other one accept direct fund transfers.[/QUOTE]

That is true. Still, I feel payment fees via Paypal are up to each individual seller. While I think sellers should take the small hit, I can understand how they can add up quite quickly and cut into profit.

[quote name='dv8mad']Sorry about that dino - got a little caught up in the new info.
You can pay as you choose. The best option for me would be if you paid for the sale and also put down $50 so I have money to buy Deathnote stuff when I see it. We can worry about shipping later once I get it all together.
But, if that doesn't work for you, LMK.

FBI - You have a very valid argument. I have added a clause to the two rules on the front page. It still does not solve everything, but nothing does...[/QUOTE]

that works perfectly! :D

you can ship all the items together instead of shipping 2 packages. either way, which ever is cheaper for you and for me. :)

payment sent!

I've been wanting to do one for awhile and even I think it was getting dangerous with so many users with little feedback starting lowball sales but those new rules for "approval" sure are strict.

On the other hand, if someone were to pay half, I would ask for additional Paypal fees and shipping costs. Their choice.

I think this thread is more than big enough to get a new one made. OP, why don't you make a new one and we can try to keep that one a bit more streamlined and cleaner with less "extraneous" posts?

[quote name='shrike4242']I think this thread is more than big enough to get a new one made. OP, why don't you make a new one and we can try to keep that one a bit more streamlined and cleaner with less "extraneous" posts?[/QUOTE]

We're approaching the one year anniversary of the thread. I guess I'll get a new one up in August then.
Is there some kind of thread length limit I don't know about?

LOL, thanks geo. An interesting theory, but highly unlikely I think.
I'm pretty sure you don't get to be a CAG Mod by acting that way. I'm sure there is something else.
Actually, with all these posts, it may even be throwing off searches now that I think about it...

Just because when I searched for inFamous since I'm trying to get rid of it and your thread popped up doesn't mean it's messing up search...

[quote name='dv8mad']We're approaching the one year anniversary of the thread. I guess I'll get a new one up in August then.
Is there some kind of thread length limit I don't know about?[/QUOTE]Thread length can be a concern when it starts to get up to a thread of this size. Plus, it's generated some complaints by other users that have issue with the non-trading posts that go on in here that keep this up on page 1 when other threads aren't.

I think a new thread is a good idea.

[quote name='georox']I think he's jealous of how awesome it has become, and how it has united the community in ways nothing else could.[/QUOTE]Wow. Jealousy over a thread? :whistle2:s I guess it's a slow day in your neck of the woods.

And if it was a case of jealousy, I'd just delete the thread and go on with my day. :roll:

I like the new rules for the most part.
Question though:
Would these new rules apply to those who have already held 1 or more 100% successful lowball sales?

DV, you should probably add a clause to the new rules about payments made via Paypal will have to use the Purchase option. This is the only way the buyer can have any protection if the seller doesn't go through with sending the item. Personal payments cannot be disputed.

[quote name='dv8mad']The first rule is 20. And, I do think it's a little strict. I considered 10, but I thought just a few purchases of cheap items and a couple flips and a possible scammer is in business. I figure after 20 positives, it's easier to see what their activities are on the site. If they have simply flipped 20 codes or something, that would be a warning sign.
In any case, I think it needs to be a little more strict because I feel like when someone is scammed in a dv8mad Lowball, I took part in the scam and I'm very unhappy about that. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Looks like I barely made it by with my sale:)

[quote name='shrike4242']Thread length can be a concern when it starts to get up to a thread of this size. Plus, it's generated some complaints by other users that have issue with the non-trading posts that go on in here that keep this up on page 1 when other threads aren't.

I think a new thread is a good idea.

Wow. Jealousy over a thread? :whistle2:s I guess it's a slow day in your neck of the woods.

And if it was a case of jealousy, I'd just delete the thread and go on with my day. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I was just joking around man, your one of the mods here I actually like =P I see you actively helping out around here and stopping problems.

I said a couple of lowballs sale where the user(s) had more than 20 positive feedback. I guess they haven't asked for your blessing. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']And if it was a case of jealousy, I'd just delete the thread and go on with my day. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Note to self; Never do anything to make shrike jealous unless I want to be threadless. :rofl:

Everyone else - So I'll be starting a new thread in just a couple weeks and putting this one out to pasture.
Rather than get even more unneeded posts in this thread, I would like to ask that any of the CAGs on my YES list that have ideas, please email me ([email protected]) what you feel is or isn't good for the dv8mad Lowball Sale rules. I am planning to take the current rules and consider the suggestions of others to make a final draft that should hopefully stand the test of time.

DV8MAD will you possibly ask Shady3011 to refund me? You hosted the lowball sales for him, and I paided the day after the auction was over. Shady3011 have yet to ship out my items yet. It has been over a month now =="

[quote name='PuppetYuber']DV8MAD will you possibly ask Shady3011 to refund me? You hosted the lowball sales for him, and I paided the day after the auction was over. Shady3011 have yet to ship out my items yet. It has been over a month now =="[/QUOTE]

The last information I received from him on your purchase was that you provided two addresses and have not told him which to ship to.
You should PM him.

Tuesday I leave for California, so I won't be on here much/at all. Thursday is ComicCon, I'm already planning on camping the Hasbro booth, so if they have the Wolverine MightyMugg left, I'll grab the exclusive one.

I truly fear the line... but I must get the Destro 2-pack!

Shady - Thanks.

geo - Great! A Destro 2-pack! That's one for me and one for you Ryu!

Chronis - Well, since I can't connect to Whispernet in Japan, maybe I will be safe from any weird goings on. ;)

DBJ - Thanks for the bump. How's things with the new kiddo?

Everyone else - I forgot today is a holiday (>_

hero - Yep! ;)
OK, not really, just that there is pretty much nothing to add as you seem to get it exactly right. For example, anyone with lowballs you have seen haven't told me about them. I don't go looking for them too often, that's why I ask them to post in my thread and LMK if they want a link.

geo - ? What DVD sets? I like DVDs! PM me!

But hey, why resist when giving in feels so much better
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

I fear that baby bojangles may have the Colic :cry::cry: and he went to his first peadatric appointment last friday and he lost more weight, he was 6, 6 when he was born, and now hes 5 lbs 15 ozs. Instead of making our appointment for 1 month we have to take him back this friday and if he is below 5 lbs 13 ozs they will have to take him back to the hospital and see if anything is wrong. Poor Little Guy!

Have a picture of Baby Bojangles and the recovering mother
6520_1107249604952_1338164805_30219652_836180_n.jpg

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']I fear that baby bojangles may have the Colic :cry::cry: and he went to his first peadatric appointment last friday and he lost more weight, he was 6, 6 when he was born, and now hes 5 lbs 15 ozs. Instead of making our appointment for 1 month we have to take him back this friday and if he is below 5 lbs 13 ozs they will have to take him back to the hospital and see if anything is wrong. Poor Little Guy!

Have a picture of Baby Bojangles and the recovering mother
6520_1107249604952_1338164805_30219652_836180_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Poor baby. Hope he feels better soon. Best wishes.
P.S. Good looking wife too.

[quote name='hero101']Poor baby. Hope he feels better soon. Best wishes.
P.S. Good looking wife too.[/QUOTE]

...I was going to say the EXACT SAME THING.

Less than two hours until new Haruhi Yuki. Hopefully it's subbed when I get home from work. Oh, and have a free bump.

nagato_yuki_09p.png

Oh yeah, if you actually do want some of my old games when I travel to Osaka next month, like I said, that can be arranged.

I was just about to PM you about possibly buying this and mailing it for me (since Amazon jp is a huge ripoff internationally) but it just went oos today. Luckily HMV doesn't have really unreasonable shipping. So worth 2800 yen.

ok i am midly retarded. fixed it with a solid ending time.

EDIT: Thank you kind sir. I also linked you at the top of my Lowball Auction :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dv8mad']List? Also, let me know when you'll be around![/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head, I've got
:ps2: Ar Tonelico 2 deluxe box (missing art book)
:ps2: Grand Theft Auto III
:ps2: Suikoden IV (disc only)
:ds: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
:ds: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
:360: Namco Museum Virtual Arcade

I know I have several others for those three systems, but I'd need to go home and check. I'll send an updated list when I'm home on Monday or so. I'll be in Osaka from August 11th through August 14th, with no real plans other than trips to Kyoto, Kobe, and probably Nara.

[quote name='jaideam']dv8 did you still have your stick and still want to mod it? To the top![/QUOTE]

Yes and yes. I decided that I will not use it until it has been completed, so it's still in the box. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back