~~~Official dv8mad Lowball Sale Repository~~~ New location starting August first

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to know about the lengthy shipping process at the end of each low ball. How do you do it, dv8mad? I'm struggling try to keep bids up-to-date. I need a hot secretary and a job. :cry:

[quote name='hero101']I hate to know about the lengthy shipping process at the end of each low ball. How do you do it, dv8mad? I'm struggling try to keep bids up-to-date. I need a hot secretary and a job. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Usually it's easier for me as (at least before the Java errors) I could always update in between lessons at work. As for the shipping thing, my hot secretary is my waifu. :lol:
I still end up doing 90% of the packing though. :roll:

[quote name='Brian9824']Ok i sent payment. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Got it, but no address. PM coming your way!

[quote name='dinobot']holy... you are in the 5th page....

bump.

hey, it is easy to pick up deathnote stuff where you are?
let me know~ thanks![/QUOTE]

I can always use the internet! ;)

LeapHome.jpg

[quote name='dv8mad']I can always use the internet! ;)[/QUOTE]

how well do you know deathnote stuff? are there gashapons for it? and any other good stuff not found on Amazon.jp?

[quote name='dinobot']how well do you know deathnote stuff? are there gashapons for it? and any other good stuff not found on Amazon.jp?[/QUOTE]

Rule 34 subclause J = There is gashapon of it.

I can find more stuff. If you are not too picky, I can just get an assortment of stuff up to a specific amount of money.

bump, countdown until baby bojangles arrives - 2 days 20 hours 56 mins and some secs :D

Ill hit up some second hand stores that sell cheap blu-rays and see if i cant find a lost slip cover for you

[quote name='dv8mad']Rule 34 subclause J = There is gashapon of it.

I can find more stuff. If you are not too picky, I can just get an assortment of stuff up to a specific amount of money.[/QUOTE]

Well, I am not very picky, you can probably get some gashapons, but I diff need some "L" items though. What do you think I can get for $50.

thanks in advance! :)

[quote name='dinobot']Well, I am not very picky, you can probably get some gashapons, but I diff need some "L" items though. What do you think I can get for $50.

thanks in advance! :)[/QUOTE]

Hard to say exactly what I can get you for $50, but if that's the target that you are O with, I'll start picking stuff up. LMK (Also, does that include shipping to you?)

EDIT FOR BELOW: :whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:Finally that 3 hours of train time will be well spent!

Last edited by a moderator:
shipping will be extra. my range are within $100 :)

well, can you tell me what things are usually available with something as big as deathnote (i think it is big in jap). No need to go out of your way to look for the items, just when you get a chance on your way to things. I don't need it urgently.

I am looking for things that will be hard to get from the states
like this pillow, tho i think this is not sold in jap, probably in china or something.

1240488233.jpg

dv8 I have an extra blu-ray case it is thick but the clip position isn't on the spine. it has a clip but is on the back part of the case, where the disc trey is.

I am currently at work but will take a pic and send it to you after I am off here in about oh... 7ish hours and see if that will work for you. Also since you are in Japan and that is where my major major want is... I was going to ask you if you come across a Tales of Vesperia 360 faceplate that I will pay well for it :)

also free bumpage.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']dv8 I have an extra blu-ray case it is thick but the clip position isn't on the spine. it has a clip but is on the back part of the case, where the disc trey is.

I am currently at work but will take a pic and send it to you after I am off here in about oh... 7ish hours and see if that will work for you. Also since you are in Japan and that is where my major major want is... I was going to ask you if you come across a Tales of Vesperia 360 faceplate that I will pay well for it :)

also free bumpage.[/QUOTE]

I have emailed Disney customer Service since it worked out so well for my previous issue. I am hoping that they can at least sell me a new case.

[quote name='dv8mad']I have emailed Disney customer Service since it worked out so well for my previous issue. I am hoping that they can at least sell me a new case.[/QUOTE]

ah ok. well let me know if you need it. I have it sitting with my blu-rays and I don't need it.

free bump :)

also I am going to be putting together a lowball with Anime/LOTS of PS2/Few DVDs/Xbox and some old OOP Guides :)

It wont be put together till next week though (I have my best friend's bachelor party this weekend so I won't be on CAG very much if at all). I will PM or post here when I have it written up. Just had a few questions. I am assuming it is cool to just cut and paste your rules you have up in your thread or from someone else's lowball? Also what are the rules on posting to update bids? are those treated as 1 of your bumps allowed for the day?

Thanks dv8!

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for the e-mail regarding your Lost: The Complete Scond Season Blu-ray
Set. We are concerned about your inquiry and would like an opportunity to
address this issue with greater detail.

Please verify your full mailing address. Upon receiving your information, we
will send out a one time replacement Blu-ray Case.

If you have any other questions, please reply to this email.

Thank you,

Buena Vista Home Entertainment Technical Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for your email. We have received your contact information and will be
sending you a replacement case shortly.

If you have any other questions, please reply with history to this e-mail.

Thank you for your patience,

Buena Vista Home Entertainment Technical Support

:D:applause:

Vendetta - Yes, a post saying that you have updated is one of your daily bumps. A few people have abused it, so I hope that no one has to be contacted by the mods. In any case, there is really no need to post saying that you have updated as it's pretty apparent. I will only do it when my thread does need a bump, which is pretty rarely with a lowball sale going unless you made it too long. Usually a 3-4 day sale keep interest throughout and you get all the bumps you need from the participants.

hey dv8, you want me to pay now for the 2 items? or you want to total it together with the deathnote stuff.

i am not picky, but it is for my girlfriend (she likes L a lot). lol

let me know.

@dv8mad: Glad to hear that worked out for you. I worked for Disney for a number of years and if anything they provide top notch customer service.

Good update on the lowball endorsement guidelines too.

Free bump.

Sorry to hear about 8bitwonder to everyone involved, that really sucks considering how big it was, and except the first rule (50+ feedback) i agree with them. If that's a rule you want to include, no arguments, but it seems a tad strict.

[quote name='the_punisher']Sorry to hear about 8bitwonder to everyone involved, that really sucks considering how big it was, and except the first rule (50+ feedback) i agree with them. If that's a rule you want to include, no arguments, but it seems a tad strict.[/QUOTE]

The first rule is 20. And, I do think it's a little strict. I considered 10, but I thought just a few purchases of cheap items and a couple flips and a possible scammer is in business. I figure after 20 positives, it's easier to see what their activities are on the site. If they have simply flipped 20 codes or something, that would be a warning sign.
In any case, I think it needs to be a little more strict because I feel like when someone is scammed in a dv8mad Lowball, I took part in the scam and I'm very unhappy about that. :bomb:

[quote name='dv8mad']The first rule is 20. And, I do think it's a little strict. I considered 10, but I thought just a few purchases of cheap items and a couple flips and a possible scammer is in business. I figure after 20 positives, it's easier to see what their activities are on the site. If they have simply flipped 20 codes or something, that would be a warning sign.
In any case, I think it needs to be a little more strict because I feel like when someone is scammed in a dv8mad Lowball, I took part in the scam and I'm very unhappy about that. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hmm, so it is. Actually, that's fine. It's a little strict, but if that's how it's gotta be to keep scammers away, then so be it.

From my viewpoint, I think new lowball rule #2 and #3 can be opened to abuse. Let's say the buyer accumulated tons of postive feedback, but mainly from nominal trades or cheap purchases. Now the buyer wins a super rare, pricey item from the lowball... (like on par with a gold nes competition cart, haha or maybe even a gaming system). Will the auction host be then obligated to ship first if the buyer so request it? As a host or seller, I will cringe at the thought. Just my two cents and from past bad experience (i.e. IXI Dragunz IXI)

Let's protect both the seller and buyer from being scammed. If the buyer send 50% payment, the seller is obligated to send AT LEAST 50% of the item if the buyer so request it. If buyer sends 100% payment, then the seller is, of course, obligated to ship the entire transaction. The feedback count is all well and good, but not entirely trustworthy.

Otherwise, I say up it to 500+ feedback and 1000+ feedback, respectively. :p

Sorry about that dino - got a little caught up in the new info.
You can pay as you choose. The best option for me would be if you paid for the sale and also put down $50 so I have money to buy Deathnote stuff when I see it. We can worry about shipping later once I get it all together.
But, if that doesn't work for you, LMK.

FBI - You have a very valid argument. I have added a clause to the two rules on the front page. It still does not solve everything, but nothing does...

DSC00696.jpg

COBRAAAAAAA!

I may have enough cash to grab the SDCC Wolverine for you dv8. Depends if they have any left when I get there, goal is it and the two GI Joe things.

dv8mad, stupid question for you ... but a month or so ago Shady3011 had a sale with you on your forum. I had won the Haruhi & Tatsunoko games for the Wii and paid right after the auction, but I never received the games. I assume it was Shady that was shipping them out, but I wasn't entirely clear on that. Do you know anything about the status of those orders or should I just PM him directly? Please let me know :) I finally got a Japanese Wii so I would love to try them out some time. Thanks!

Hope all is well with your family ^_^

Ah, sorry to hear about the mishap with one of the auctions. I though I'd just throw in my two cents about the new rules as well. I would agree with some sort of minimum feedback to host a sale, but is 20 too steep? Im sure Im not the only one out there, but I was an occassional trader, more browsing the forums and building my library, in the 5 years I've been on this site, I only accumulated 10 feedback, I only reached 20 because of the recent sale. Just because a user has low feedback doesnt mean they're not a trustworthy trader.

As for rules #2/3, all I can say Im not too keen on it. I always believed that when you buy something, you should pay before it ships, if I were buying from a user with 10 feedback or 100, I would pay first if I were the buyer. The only suggestion I can offer to this is allow the buyer to charge a small fee for using this. I can see "abuse" from buyers who expect some income in two weeks and bid, only to find out their source is delayed, or shipping was quicker than expected, so now the seller has to wait an extra 10 days. I admit, its not a great solution, but it gives the seller some power back. If a buyer wants more security, I beleive the seller should recieve some as well.

Finally, transactions online always carry a risk. Even high feedback users can be sketchy, whenever you do anything online, you take some sort of risk. Even with a site such as Amazon (Or a more obvious option such as ebay), you take a risk, CAG is no exception.

Payment should be made with paypl non personal for buyer protection. Take it a step further and use a credit card to fund paypal. That gives you the best protection as a buyer.

DV8-lmk what you find out on the lost br case as far as cost when you find 1.

goomba - Please mail Shady directly. I heard he had some issues. He has been in contact, although a bit touch and go. I'm sure that he can get you an answer soon.

Fayt - No problem, it happens. Paypal seems to be charging more and more and providing less and less quiality...

Link - I absolutely agree with you. It was really hard for me to acquire feedback when I first started simply because people didn't want to deal with an international trade.
However, just because I am asking for a minimum of 20 doesn't mean people cannot have great sales. Look above and click the CML for Splatoon. He is starting what looks to be a good sale, it will just not be directly linked by me.
I'm sure everything will be just fine, but I no longer feel comfortable having my name on a sale when I can't control the quality.
Of course, even making these strict rules, I still can't guarantee anything, but I feel better.
Finally, as for rules 2 and 3, I did add in a note for people with higher feedback. Also, I believe that it won't be an issue in many cases. For example, if thelonepig, for example, were to have another dv8mad Lowball, I highly doubt that anyone with higher feedback than him would request he ship first for their safety.

rmb - FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back