~~~Official dv8mad Lowball Sale Repository~~~ New location starting August first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowball auction ended a few hours ago, and things seem to have worked out well. Just waiting for payments, not expecting much tonight but I bet I'll be sorting tommorow. Already got my first payment of $1! Expect some of that to flow your way ;)

[quote name='Link927']Lowball auction ended a few hours ago, and things seem to have worked out well. Just waiting for payments, not expecting much tonight but I bet I'll be sorting tommorow. Already got my first payment of $1! Expect some of that to flow your way ;)[/QUOTE]

Do you mean some of that dollar? :cold:

3rd bump!

Still less than 10 emails received. This may end up being the lowest lowball yet!
Good for you, not good for me...
at all.
Check out the list please!

[quote name='dv8mad']Do you mean some of that dollar? :cold:
[/QUOTE]

Why yes I do. But you should also expect part of many dollars ;) I'll probably send out my bid list tommorrow after getting out some packages and things.

Quick bump to let you know that moving will be commencing next week. I've still got this place until the end of July and will have my mail forwarded, but it'd be a good idea to have things sent to my new address (which I think I gave you in a PM - let me know if I didn't) starting now.

Also, my online time will be limited between now and the end of the month, so email will be the best way to reach me.

Oh, and regarding our prior PM discussion, which case do you want for the Kindle?

What do the photobooks have in them? Similar content to the covers?

EDIT: Googling for more info brought your thread up as the third result!

Last edited by a moderator:
Linked Jhuntley

dabamus - I think the covers are pretty representative of the contents.

Everyone else - Wow... This could end up being my first failed CAG experiment. Seems not many people are interested in participating in the silent lowball. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='dv8mad']Linked Jhuntley

dabamus - I think the covers are pretty representative of the contents.

Everyone else - Wow... This could end up being my first failed CAG experiment. Seems not many people are interested in participating in the silent lowball. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

I can't see how there would be a problem with the silent auction, because so long as there is an item people want, the person who values the item more should get the item. So, the important thing then would be to set minimum prices that are in tune with how much you hope to get.

Perhaps it's the items for sale? I noticed that during your RED sale, there weren't a lot of buyers, which in prompted your comment about hoping the items would be sold faster.... and since the items in the lowball are the same as the sale, with the exception of one custom figurine... *shrugs*

[quote name='dv8mad']Everyone else - Wow... This could end up being my first failed CAG experiment. Seems not many people are interested in participating in the silent lowball. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

i was kinda thrown off by the new sale cause i figured that people will bid their max on items so i didnt bid. IMO, i like see what im going up against .

[quote name='refusedchaos']i was kinda thrown off by the new sale cause i figured that people will bid their max on items so i didnt bid. IMO, i like see what im going up against .[/QUOTE]

It's nice to see what you're going up against, but the value of this type of auction is that only the person who values the item the most will win, as opposed to people who keep trying to snipe each other at the last minute (and possibly end up spending far more than the actually valued the item at).

[quote name='refusedchaos']i was kinda thrown off by the new sale cause i figured that people will bid their max on items so i didnt bid. IMO, i like see what im going up against .[/QUOTE]

That is one mindset, the other mindset is everyone will bid rather minimally/low not expecting people *to* be bidding high/expecting no bidders at all. Your more likely to get people paying low for things than high at this point I would say.

nah... just not many people are around since it is the holidays

i've been out for a while now

placing my bid after i fresh up. brb

Gah, well, I've finished packing all of my paid buyers for now, honestly, I havent had much time to look at your list. I think you'll get a few more bids today and tommorow, people have more time to figure out how much they can commit to your items before the set date. Probably look over some things tonite and submit my bids later sometime soon

Finally cracked double digits in the received emails. Thanks!
Only about a day and a half left until I close it down and post the winners.

[quote name='the_punisher']What time does it end? I may throw an email over to you, but i'm working on not owing money to PayPal atm ;).[/QUOTE]

About one day punisher. You're on my "YES" list, so it would be easy to work out a payment option if you don't have it just now. ;)

What is this silent lowball non-sense? I need to catch up on what's going on.

Hey, who's sending you inFamous, DV? I was going to send it to you if I found another copy at the next B2G1 used sale at GS next week. That game is fucking awesome.

Placing silent bids....is harder than you think >_< You want to win everything you want, but you cant place too low bids because you'll lose everything, and too high will cause a bank repo. What is this mind game dv8!

Having a silent auction like this could be brilliant or disastrous at the same time usually. Brilliant because you can't have anything close to sniping and people can bid high to ensure they win. On the other hand, you could have a ton of near minimum bids that don't add up to much. In this case though, the quality of the items are so high, I don't think dv8mad needs to worry much :)

EDIT: Sorry for being redundant. Somebody posted these same thoughts a page back.

[quote name='Shady3011']What is this silent lowball non-sense? I need to catch up on what's going on.

Hey, who's sending you inFamous, DV? I was going to send it to you if I found another copy at the next B2G1 used sale at GS next week. That game is fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

Coming from MarkMan in a deal for the PS3 HRAP3 SE I sent him. :D

[quote name='Link927']Placing silent bids....is harder than you think >_< You want to win everything you want, but you cant place too low bids because you'll lose everything, and too high will cause a bank repo. What is this mind game dv8![/QUOTE]

I fail to see what is so difficult about this. Bid what you value the item at, or maybe a little less. That way, win or lose, you're about equally happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back