Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
was browsing through and noticed that call of juarez looks like it dropped down to 10 used which is different from the OP.. figured i'd point out the update

[quote name='King Royalty']I havent bought any games yet from family video but was wondering hows the condition in the games? do they come with the case/manual?[/QUOTE]

Out of the four games I've ordered, they all come with cases, two came with the manuals. They've got the round rental stickers too. (Personally found the stickers and residue pretty easy to remove)

Disc conditions were great, all four had very minor scratches when you'd hold it at the right angle in the light. Looked pristine when looked at head on. All installed to HD fine.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anyone play Saw? I might consider it for 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Its not very good. Definitely best left for fans of the series and gamer score whores. Its real easy to get the 1K points in 1 play through and is real short. I think I completed everything in 1 sitting on a rental.

yeah I might get Saw at that price point...i've wanted to give it a go for awhile, even though i hear it's nothing amazing. plus it still resells used for around $25-30 on ebay so you could at least get your money back.

I usually wouldn't post this but my conscience requires it. Do NOT buy Rogue Warrior. It is a terrible game and an absolute rip-off at that price.

[quote name='Ardrid']I usually wouldn't post this but my conscience requires it. Do NOT buy Rogue Warrior. It is a terrible game and an absolute rip-off at that price.[/QUOTE]

hence why i made the sarcastic comment not a few posts previous on this very same page...but the price is still cheaper than it's going for on ebay, which is the point of this thread..and i'm sure there is SOMEONE out there who might have liked it for whatever weird reason...but yeah its not a little known fact that reviews basically destroyed it.

My FV had Bigs 2 at $19.95...? I asked the guy up front if that was the right price and he gave me some bs reason that that game was "newer" than the copies the website sold... What the hell?

[quote name='aspen1284']My FV had Bigs 2 at $19.95...? I asked the guy up front if that was the right price and he gave me some bs reason that that game was "newer" than the copies the website sold... What the hell?[/QUOTE]

its alright, mine has Wheelman for $19.95 still and i am still waiting for it to drop...

but on the other hand, i found Fable 2 for $10 cheaper than the internet price at my store...

[quote name='freshzen']Its not very good. Definitely best left for fans of the series and gamer score whores. Its real easy to get the 1K points in 1 play through and is real short. I think I completed everything in 1 sitting on a rental.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, don't know if I would call myself a fan of the series since the movies have quickly fallen apart... might wait for it to drop even more then.

[quote name='aspen1284']My FV had Bigs 2 at $19.95...? I asked the guy up front if that was the right price and he gave me some bs reason that that game was "newer" than the copies the website sold... What the hell?[/QUOTE]

yah, if you want to you could call the contact number on the website and tell them your story..they'll fix it...i repeat every price on here applies to every store in the nation...they just aren't doing their job correctly, sorry about your hassle

Alright, new updates, Avatar, Forza and WWE are new sales for the 360, and Brutal Legend dropped $10. Make sure if you buy Forza in store that the clerk gives you both discs. Enjoy!

Found a PS2 slim at my store today. They tried to tell me 39.95. I told them I thought it was 29.95 online. They came back with 29.95, but only with 1 controller. The other controller they would sell me for 5 bucks and a memory card would be 5 bucks as well. Do I have any recourse or say the hell with it?

Awesome drop on Brutal Legend. My store still had one left on Friday, hopefully I'll be able to grab it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

On a side note, I'm wondering if they'll drop ODST to $30 any time soon. They have at least 5 copies for sale at my store and it doesn't look like they're going anywhere at $40.

[quote name='the_punisher']BL is $30 online...[/QUOTE]

As noted before in the thread (and in the OP), they usually update the online prices on Wednesday.

Looking forward to seeing that Brutal Legend price drop on Wednesday. I'll pick it when it drops online since there aren't any FV within an hour of me.

[quote name='lukejskywalker']Found a PS2 slim at my store today. They tried to tell me 39.95. I told them I thought it was 29.95 online. They came back with 29.95, but only with 1 controller. The other controller they would sell me for 5 bucks and a memory card would be 5 bucks as well. Do I have any recourse or say the hell with it?[/QUOTE]

like other things, my prices are accurate, you could contact the number on the familyvideo.com website and they will fix it. If for some reason that doesn't work, you can PM me and I can take care of it, but since i'm not getting paid to post this stuff, i'd rather the people who ARE getting paid to deal with problems to do so first. If of course that doesn't work, feel free to PM me the problem and the store location...but please try the other option first.

Hmm...I stopped by my store today and Brutal Legend was still marked $29.99 and I also noticed the Forza 3 wasn't marked for sale. I even took Brutal Legend up to the counter to try to get it for $20 and the lady told me it was still $30 and then she called some guy over and he gave me some **** about how it's $20 on the website but $30 in the store because shipping and handling makes it "the same price." I've never had a problem seeing the prices listed here showing up in the store before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my... if it wasn't for Mass Effect 2, I'd buy atleast 2 games on that list.. backlog is huge already though :[

[quote name='Enfuze']Oh my... if it wasn't for Mass Effect 2, I'd buy atleast 2 games on that list.. backlog is huge already though :[[/QUOTE]
Lol, I only have about 5 ps3 games so far, since I got it a few months ago, but I've only completed one since I was playing Uncharted 2 online so much :p(didn't even finish the single player). Too bad I only borrowed it.
Anyone know if those deals are for PS3 games also? I had no idea FV sold video games :bomb:. At first I thought it did, but never decided to check. I might get Dead Space at that price.

Brutal Legend is $20 now. With $2 shipping, it is extremely tempting. My fingers say yes, my brain says maybe, and my wallet is saying no.

I am pissed off that I traded in two games at Gamestop for $40 off and got Forza 3 for $20 when they will have it for $30 soon

------------------------------------------------

The trade in value on Amazon for BL is $29.50, so you can play it, and return it for a profit.

[quote name='antlp89']As noted before in the thread (and in the OP), they usually update the online prices on Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, i'm very lazy ;)

[quote name='XT14']yah, if you want to you could call the contact number on the website and tell them your story..they'll fix it...i repeat every price on here applies to every store in the nation...they just aren't doing their job correctly, sorry about your hassle[/QUOTE]

Im going to try to get Brutal Legend tomorrow...Im worried though that they will still have it at $30 instead of $20. If thats the case and they still wont change it to the right price...THEN I may be calling about the slack job at that store...

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Every game has a sticker on it... Don't get any...[/QUOTE]

okay could we please stop bringing this up and cluttering the thread. Its a sticker on the center of the disc that isnt hard to remove if it bugs you...

[quote name='aspen1284']Im going to try to get Brutal Legend tomorrow...Im worried though that they will still have it at $30 instead of $20. If thats the case and they still wont change it to the right price...THEN I may be calling about the slack job at that store...[/QUOTE]

Like I said... Just got back from my local FV and they havent changed the prices on ANY games in the store... Took Brutal Legend to the front and asked if they could double check the price for me cause I was sure it had dropped. The lady looks at the sticker on the game that says $29.95 and does nothing but hand the game back to me and tells me that that is the right price. Im fed up with my FV, first the manager shoots me down for the Bigs 2, and now another employee shoots down my try for Brutal Legend. At this rate, I wont be sad if my local FV closes its doors!

One time I ordered, the only time I ordered from FV, they had marker written on the disc with some number. Is this common, or are the discs usually clean?

I just went ahead and ordered the game online... Im through trying to tell these people that they dont have the right prices on their crap...I'd rather pay a couple extra dollars for shipping and get the game brought to me!

What happened to customer service lately? Seems like people just dont give a rats ass anymore...

[quote name='converse']One time I ordered, the only time I ordered from FV, they had marker written on the disc with some number. Is this common, or are the discs usually clean?[/QUOTE]

that's something they used to do with old discs before they put stickers on the middle and is uncommon...for the reason that 1. people do not like to have writing on there, and 2. it's a pain to write that on the hundreds of titles received in every week.

also for those who have repeated problems with some store for whatever reason, feel free to post the store location, or PM me the info..although I post the info here, there are others that overview the info and we should be able to remedy the problem if contacting customer support is too much a hassle

[quote name='converse']One time I ordered, the only time I ordered from FV, they had marker written on the disc with some number. Is this common, or are the discs usually clean?[/QUOTE]

Haven't had any games have marker written on the disc. Have had one manual have written on it, 'please return' in marker though. Have only ordered 6 games though.

[quote name='aspen1284']Like I said... Just got back from my local FV and they havent changed the prices on ANY games in the store... Took Brutal Legend to the front and asked if they could double check the price for me cause I was sure it had dropped. The lady looks at the sticker on the game that says $29.95 and does nothing but hand the game back to me and tells me that that is the right price. Im fed up with my FV, first the manager shoots me down for the Bigs 2, and now another employee shoots down my try for Brutal Legend. At this rate, I wont be sad if my local FV closes its doors![/QUOTE]

The FV in pittsburg ks did the same thing to me.

I'm still debating on whether to pick up Brutal Legend or not. I have a massive backlog but I've been wanting to play this game pretty bad. Would you guys say it's worth it at $20 or do you think substantially better deals will be had by the time I clear out a few more in my backlog.

[quote name='XT14']also for those who have repeated problems with some store for whatever reason, feel free to post the store location, or PM me the info..although I post the info here, there are others that overview the info and we should be able to remedy the problem if contacting customer support is too much a hassle[/QUOTE]

I will PM you a little later today with the store location...it would be great to have a local store that I could rely on to have games at the right prices at the right times! Thanks for all the help though...much appreciated!

[quote name='aspen1284']I will PM you a little later today with the store location...it would be great to have a local store that I could rely on to have games at the right prices at the right times! Thanks for all the help though...much appreciated![/QUOTE]

yah got back to you on that one. Unfortunately I'm sure as many of you have found in the work field, some people have a different approach on what they perceive to be acceptable customer service. I did verify once again that these price changes take place between every store nationwide and they should be done by Tuesday night/Wednesday Morning at the latest as we receive our information about price drops on games every Monday evening..hence when I update this thread. Anyway good luck with everything and like I said..anything else feel free to post it. Although I'm no more than an employee with the company, it's frustrating to hear that others with my same position don't do their job to the same degree.

Hi, this is me first time shopping at Family Video. I received my purchase of Bigs 2 for Xbox 360... I checked that in the center of the disc have the sticker of Family Video... just curious... anybody has a problem with the sticker? It's a gift, so I want to make sure it doesn't bother the disc and the functionability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back