Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='miguel2003']Hi, this is me first time shopping at Family Video. I received my purchase of Bigs 2 for Xbox 360... I checked that in the center of the disc have the sticker of Family Video... just curious... anybody has a problem with the sticker? It's a gift, so I want to make sure it doesn't bother the disc and the functionability.[/QUOTE]

You can leave it on and it should be fine. Otherwise, just take it off and use some goo gone - it's not a hard sticker to get off and clean.

You should have been around when they put the big stickers on the PS1 games - those were not fun.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I'm still debating on whether to pick up Brutal Legend or not. I have a massive backlog but I've been wanting to play this game pretty bad. Would you guys say it's worth it at $20 or do you think substantially better deals will be had by the time I clear out a few more in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

I've heard a few people on here say they liked it, so don't take this with a grain of salt, but I thought it was utter crap. It was the combination of a bad action game and a bad RTS. $20 is a pretty good price though, if you want to give it a chance.

I don't normally like to give away where I do alot of my bargin shopping for games around the northern illinois region...mostly because I'm a little greedy like that, but lately I've been doing alot of my game shopping lately at Family Video here in Roscoe, IL. They don't always have that many on sale game wise, but they're pretty good about having all their markdowns and sales done on Mondays.

The customer service there has been pretty good too and I haven't had any issues trying to knock down prices if the sticker hasn't been updated. I also ask to see the shape of the disc too before buying and they'll often clean them for me if I say I'm purchasing it. There's another in Loves Park about 20 minutes away. I have yet to really check out that place, but I would say if you're in the Machesney Park/Roscoe/S. Beloit area looking for a good Family Video place, try the one in Roscoe.

Wheelman at my family video is still $19.95 :(....im still patiently waiting for it to drop to $10...it would also be nice when Prototype, Saw, and Wolfenstien drop to $10...

[quote name='jjmai']I know getting the manual is hit & miss. But what about the case? Do the games always come with original cases?[/QUOTE]

yeah it always comes with the original case.

Jumped on Brutal Legend. I just traded it into Amazon the other day for about $30, so I made a $10 profit by rebuying it through here, haha. I still wanted to get 100% collectibles, and really enjoyed the game. Not sure I'll do a second playthrough, but I'd still like to have it; can't beat that price for such a great game.

[quote name='converse']One time I ordered, the only time I ordered from FV, they had marker written on the disc with some number. Is this common, or are the discs usually clean?[/QUOTE]

Note that I did order 3 titles from FamilyVideo this time and all three were in mint condition with no marker on the disc. One of the manuals was water damaged but otherwise they were in great condition.

[quote name='King Royalty']UPDATE!:

The Saboteur (X360) $29.99
Assassins Creed 2 (X360) $39.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (X360) $19.99
Ghostbusters (X360) $9.99[/QUOTE]
The Saboteur for $30 is a fucking steal! Such a great game!

I got my copy of BL in the mail yesterday. Sadly, no manual.. but the disc was in perfect condition (case had two stickers, but they were easy to remove).

As for The Saboteur... if I hadn't told myself to not spend any more money this week on games, I'd easily buy it at $29.99. Very good game.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I got my copy of BL in the mail yesterday. Sadly, no manual.. but the disc was in perfect condition (case had two stickers, but they were easy to remove).

As for The Saboteur... if I hadn't told myself to not spend any more money this week on games, I'd easily buy it at $29.99. Very good game.[/QUOTE]

Whenever i receive games without the manual i usually goto gamestop or blockbuster and take the manuals from the cases lol.

[quote name='King Royalty']Whenever i receive games without the manual i usually goto gamestop or blockbuster and take the manuals from the cases lol.[/QUOTE]
Way to be a thief!:applause:

sorry about the late posting here, thanks king royalty for a few of the updates, main page has been updated to reflect the 3 new additions and 5 price drops

What to get ult alliance 2 or brutal legends for $20. I can not make up my mind i only got enough for one game. I want to try to get both but one now and one later. So trying to think which will be first to go.

Farcry 2 i got from them no manual and game non playable. The disc had minor scratches to but 3 360's all same unplayable. They sent me a free replacement so i get a free mint case and an unplayable disc. :)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']What to get ult alliance 2 or brutal legends for $20. I can not make up my mind i only got enough for one game. I want to try to get both but one now and one later. So trying to think which will be first to go.

Farcry 2 i got from them no manual and game non playable. The disc had minor scratches to but 3 360's all same unplayable. They sent me a free replacement so i get a free mint case and an unplayable disc. :)[/QUOTE]

i dont understand so when they sent you the replacement the cd was unplayable again?

[quote name='jj5206']Wheelman at my family video is still $19.95 :(....im still patiently waiting for it to drop to $10...it would also be nice when Prototype, Saw, and Wolfenstien drop to $10...[/QUOTE]

once those 3 become $10 i will be getting all 3 at once :)

How is need for speed shift, I'm thining about grabbing it. Is it worth $20?

EDIT- Well after reading a bunch of reviews I went ahead and ordered it.

So I was just reading the main post, and is it usual that most in store deals aren't the same as on the website. Like, from looking at this main post, the closest one to me had about 25% of those deals. Is it expected to be YMMV or do they just honor this automatically?

[quote name='King Royalty']i dont understand so when they sent you the replacement the cd was unplayable again?[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that no i did not get the replacement shipment in yet. I contacted them and in about 2 days i got an email saying a replacement has been sent and to toss the broken one. So i got a free xbox case which will come in handy.

They do sent duds but replacements are easy to get. It just sucks when you are pumped to play it and it will not play. Then you got to wait another week tops for the replacement. I hope i get the manual on this one that be cool.

They also gave me a special code for free ship on my next order. I think it is a one time only linked to my account? I plan on ordering friday so when i do i will post the code here maybe it can be used more then once. :)

Picked up The Saboteur complete with manual (even had a code for the midnight show) at my family video. THANKS for the post.

[quote name='chimpster1313']So I was just reading the main post, and is it usual that most in store deals aren't the same as on the website. Like, from looking at this main post, the closest one to me had about 25% of those deals. Is it expected to be YMMV or do they just honor this automatically?[/QUOTE]

basically if they have a sticker on the product, the price should match..if no sticker, they may not have enough extra copies to sell....if they scan it in, the price should match what I have posted, if they give you much trouble contact the number at familyvideo.com or pm me...first one would probably get you quicker results though

Thanks for the post! I picked up Batman: AA, James Cameron's Avatar, Far Cry 2, Fear 2, 50 Cent: BotS for a mere pittance. :)

An unusual thing happened, however. After placing my order I received an email from Family Video telling me I had to call them to verify my order before they would bill/ship it. I called and "Jose" answered, I told him who I was and why I was calling and he hung up on me. I immediately called back, got some lady who didn't give her name and said, "Yeah, I really placed this order. Why did I have to call?" She said there has been alot of credit card fraud and were just doing it for extra precaution. Meh, that's fine I guess.... at least someone is watching out for my credit card. :)

[quote name='dino88']I noticed there's no PS3 games listed in the OP, so I just wanted to add :ps3:Prototype ($19.95) to the list.[/QUOTE]

I didn't add it because it may be an online only game...stores dont have that priced for sale to my knowledge.

[quote name='XT14']I didn't add it because it may be an online only game...stores dont have that priced for sale to my knowledge.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about in store. I haven't even looked online.

[quote name='Pojomofo']Im thinking of picking up Saboteur and Far Cry 2, lots of good deals here[/QUOTE]

It is an amazing deal on those 2. I noticed half had them for $29 like new with everything so i jumped on it there for saboteur. They had 3 more for around $30 like new there with everything.

The far cry 2 i am still waiting on my replacement i hope it comes fine. I really do miss that game.

I am tempted to order brutal legends 360 from family. I also wanted NCAA football 2010 for $30 but the unknown i ordered it from amazon for $40 shipped brand new from warehouse deals when they had it cheaper. I need my sports games not all scratched to hell they spin so fast nonstop.

Ghostbusters for $10 is an amazing deal i hope people buy that one since the multiplayer is fun and the single player story was sweet. The gameplay i enjoyed as well.

Funny how G.I. Joe is now $10 i paid $20 there i guess that will drive down other places in prices for a bit while its that low. :)

[quote name='Christian Harper']Thanks for the post! I picked up Batman: AA, James Cameron's Avatar, Far Cry 2, Fear 2, 50 Cent: BotS for a mere pittance. :)

An unusual thing happened, however. After placing my order I received an email from Family Video telling me I had to call them to verify my order before they would bill/ship it. I called and "Jose" answered, I told him who I was and why I was calling and he hung up on me. I immediately called back, got some lady who didn't give her name and said, "Yeah, I really placed this order. Why did I have to call?" She said there has been alot of credit card fraud and were just doing it for extra precaution. Meh, that's fine I guess.... at least someone is watching out for my credit card. :)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha Jose hungup on you wow this happens way to much when you call companies for CS these days. ::D

Yo, this is only my first post on CAG. I have lurked for a while but never been able to find any good deals around my parts, so I have never posted anything.

But thank you OP and everyone else who was contributed deals to this thread. There have been some awesome deals on here. I am hoping we get something good tonight, maybe an Arkham Asylum for 19.99?

I want to hold off on going until we see if there are any good deals for tomorrow, but my Ultimate Alliance 2 disc is messed up, and I will be in the area tonight, so I might as well swap it out while I wait on my passport pics at Walgreens. Maybe the little latina cutie behind the counter and the old chick who tried to 'panhandle' me for the Korean Won in my wallet will be there again...

I am surprised how many cheap good games are still cheap. They been putting them up then down since before xmas. If i did not have such a backlog i would jump on transformers 2/brutal legends/ult alliance 2. $55 around with tax shipped is nice.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I am surprised how many cheap good games are still cheap. They been putting them up then down since before xmas. If i did not have such a backlog i would jump on transformers 2/brutal legends/ult alliance 2. $55 around with tax shipped is nice.[/QUOTE]I can't speak on Transformers 2, but Brutal Legend and MUA:2 are definitely worth it. Both are really good games.
Prototype...now that is the one game they have that I am unsure about or I would have picked it up by now.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I can't speak on Transformers 2, but Brutal Legend and MUA:2 are definitely worth it. Both are really good games.
Prototype...now that is the one game they have that I am unsure about or I would have picked it up by now.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like TF2, but still think it's worth $10.
But again, there are only a few games I think AREN'T worth $10...

My Family Video STILL hasnt changed the prices on ANY of the price drops from the past couple months... Brutal Legend is still $30 in store (even after XT14 called the store) and none of the new drops are correct in the store either... I hate my FV!

I grabbed X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Call of Juarez from Family Video last month at a great price. However, when I received them, I noticed that both instruction manuals were missing and discs were in poor shape (sharpie marks on the actual discs + standard family video sticker on the inner plastic ring). I feel this is worth bringing up because, while the games themselves played fine, the condition severely reduces any chance for resale.

I'm not knocking Family Video, just thought I would share this with anyone considering on purchasing from them.

[quote name='Swift900']I grabbed X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Call of Juarez from Family Video last month at a great price. However, when I received them, I noticed that both instruction manuals were missing and discs were in poor shape (sharpie marks on the actual discs + standard family video sticker on the inner plastic ring). I feel this is worth bringing up because, while the games themselves played fine, the condition severely reduces any chance for resale.

I'm not knocking Family Video, just thought I would share this with anyone considering on purchasing from them.[/QUOTE]

Yup i had to get some replacements from them cause they sometimes send unplayable discs. I asked if they even check them before they ship them and was told they do. I popped the bad discs in 3 xbox's and all said unplayable disc. So i take it they do not test these before they sell them.

They do let you keep them and send a free replacement through. But the wait for a 2nd one to come is ahhh sometimes. I rarely get manuals now but during the xmas sales i always did 95% of the time. It seems like they are now shipping them without?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Yup i had to get some replacements from them cause they sometimes send unplayable discs. I asked if they even check them before they ship them and was told they do. I popped the bad discs in 3 xbox's and all said unplayable disc. So i take it they do not test these before they sell them.

They do let you keep them and send a free replacement through. But the wait for a 2nd one to come is ahhh sometimes. I rarely get manuals now but during the xmas sales i always did 95% of the time. It seems like they are now shipping them without?[/QUOTE]

basically it is based on the employee/customer. The games you are receiving are from the internet site are from actual stores that ship them out. They are supposed to be cleaned before being shipped out and any manuals/bonus discs are included..manuals unfortunately are not always returned by customers when renting the game (not really sure why?) but yah if the disc is ever a problem it will be replaced..but manuals are not always guarenteed

I've received two of the five games I've payed for, and both were shipped separately. Both discs look great and play fine, but only one has came with instructions so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back