Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jj5206']hoping The Saboteur gets a drop to $19.95...or Borderlands goes on sale for $30...[/QUOTE]

Wish granted, i may have to bite at that price.

AND Wolfenstein for $10? What to do, what to do...

If you guys ever have a problem at any of the Family Video stores look at the plaque by the exit door. Almost all the stores have their Regional Managers number right there and their all more then willing to listen and correct any issues that you have. If no one ever tells them that a store is slacking they can only assume its all being done correctly. (I work for one of the stores and constantly check and update games in other stores around my area if I see they got something wrong). If they dont have a plaque as XT14 said just call family video's customer service they'll get it fixed asap as well. If your shy and don't want to talk to anyone send me a pm and I'll call your store for ya :) I like to chat with stores that are hundreds of miles away to see how the weather is.

[quote name='aspen1284']Had the same problem here man... Just take the game up to the counter and TELL them to scan it to check the price...it should show up in the system at the right price. If you just "ask" them what the correct price is, they usually just point to the price on the box and hand it back...turds. Bought Wolverine last night marked at $20 but when the guy scanned it it came out to be....OMG, $10!!!! :lol:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this tip, I'll go back tomorrow and check it out! Can I just walk up with any game that's on the list in the OP and get them to check the price so I can buy it or does it have to have a sticker on it? They only have MUA2 stickered as $20 and ODST at $40 and I want Dead Space for $10.

yes! Saboteur for $19.95!!!!! Will buy it at this price...does the prices in store change over today or is it tomorrow? I can't remember...

When I had the problem with Brutal Legend, I took it up to the counter and had them scan it and it still came up $30. This was like 2 weeks after it dropped to $20 on here too. I didn't know what to tell the people working there other than that I saw it was supposed to be $20 online and the girl looked at me wierd. Didn't even bother with ODST. I'm in upstate New York if that makes any difference, but I don't see why it would.

Thanks for the help though. No need to apologize XT14, your threads have always been helpful, it's just that my store has been slacking lately.

[quote name='jj5206']yes! Saboteur for $19.95!!!!! Will buy it at this price...does the prices in store change over today or is it tomorrow? I can't remember...[/QUOTE]

The game rocks i paid the $30 price they had before. I did not expect this game to go down so cheap! I thought $30 was a steal alone.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Thanks for this tip, I'll go back tomorrow and check it out! Can I just walk up with any game that's on the list in the OP and get them to check the price so I can buy it or does it have to have a sticker on it? They only have MUA2 stickered as $20 and ODST at $40 and I want Dead Space for $10.[/QUOTE]

They only sticker down to a certain quanity. They do have to protect copies for rentals. It never hurts though to go up front and ask. If they give you a hard time tell them that they are supposed to have a master games sell list at the counter so it shouldn't be to difficult for them to check. If the store your at doesnt have the game you want for sale ask them to check on their ecommerce website if any of the surrounding stores have it and if they do you can decide whether to drive there yourself or ask them nicely if they could get that copy to the store your at to purchase. After all if they know anything about business its their job to make you happy.

[quote name='lolwut?']I've never bought from these guys before. What the general consensus on the condition of their used stuff?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? I'd definitely like to bite on both Dragon Age and the Saboteur, but the fact that they would be previous rentals scares me.

Have the DLC codes that come with the games worked for you guys?

EDIT: And the Saboteur shows up for $30 on the site...

[quote name='lolwut?']Anyone? I'd definitely like to bite on both Dragon Age and the Saboteur, but the fact that they would be previous rentals scares me.

EDIT: And the Saboteur shows up for $30 on the site...[/QUOTE]

I've purchased a couple games and never had a problem with the condition. They usually do not come with the instruction manuals. Some people have reported that they get the manuals sometimes, but I have never received them. They usually come with the original case w/ artwork and disc. I would not expect to get DLC codes for anything you purchase from them, its possible, but don't base your purchase on it.

If you ever have a problem with one that you buy you can take it back to the store and they will exchange it for another copy with little questions asked. Obviously if you buy one and burn a ring in it from your 360 then your on your own. If its in store you can always ask to look at the disc before you buy it as well. As for dlc I wouldn't bet on it. Most stores take everything out of the case and throw it away so to avoid it being thrown on the floor from some kid having a temper tantrum. As for manuals as someone else said just look for one of the games that has a manual and grab the manual out of that one for the purchase.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']They only sticker down to a certain quanity. They do have to protect copies for rentals. It never hurts though to go up front and ask. If they give you a hard time tell them that they are supposed to have a master games sell list at the counter so it shouldn't be to difficult for them to check. If the store your at doesnt have the game you want for sale ask them to check on their ecommerce website if any of the surrounding stores have it and if they do you can decide whether to drive there yourself or ask them nicely if they could get that copy to the store your at to purchase. After all if they know anything about business its their job to make you happy.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I'll check it out tomorrow when I go out. Didn't have time to go by today.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I get this (not $19):
Saboteur : Xbox 360 (USED)

Used Price: $29.99[/QUOTE]

check the OP...online updates wednesday typically

[quote name='mrright4you4now']If you ever have a problem with one that you buy you can take it back to the store and they will exchange it for another copy with little questions asked. Obviously if you buy one and burn a ring in it from your 360 then your on your own. If its in store you can always ask to look at the disc before you buy it as well. As for dlc I wouldn't bet on it. Most stores take everything out of the case and throw it away so to avoid it being thrown on the floor from some kid having a temper tantrum. As for manuals as someone else said just look for one of the games that has a manual and grab the manual out of that one for the purchase.[/QUOTE]

You be surprised what conditions rental places send them as. That is the risk of buying used games. I bought over 20 games here and about 5 were really bad and 4 of those 4 unplayable. I do not shop there local store ever so i had to return them. The sale prices here are worth the try in my books.

The prices that are mentioned were not for that price on there site yesterday. I was excited to get ncaa football 2010 new for $30 which was not the case among many others i checked and were full price. I did end up buying it off half for 25 shipped like new from a person right near me so i got lucky and found it cheap and not sold out on me.

[quote name='lolwut?']Anyone? I'd definitely like to bite on both Dragon Age and the Saboteur, but the fact that they would be previous rentals scares me.

EDIT: And the Saboteur shows up for $30 on the site...[/QUOTE]

I've ordered thru them before and the games came in great conditions. Never had any issues with them. The 3 I ordered came with manuals as well.

[quote name='dominator']I went in yesterday night and tonight, but not one of the games was stickered as above. Maybe I'll just go in tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]
Sigh...
Do you not read topics you post in?
Go into the store, take the game up front, ask them to check the price as it is supposed to be cheaper. I had to do this with MUA2. The chick looked at the price, asked what it was supposed to be, said all the stores drop prices at the same time, checked the computers, then told me I was correct and rang it up.
It's pretty easy to do....

[quote name='Connor23']I've ordered thru them before and the games came in great conditions. Never had any issues with them. The 3 I ordered came with manuals as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah only about 2-3 out of 20 had no manuals so a plus there. The cases and manuals are always like new to! The discs are the only thing really used which can be a pain for the picky people. If it plays and passes the install to HDD test i am good.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Sigh...
Do you not read topics you post in?
Go into the store, take the game up front, ask them to check the price as it is supposed to be cheaper. I had to do this with MUA2. The chick looked at the price, asked what it was supposed to be, said all the stores drop prices at the same time, checked the computers, then told me I was correct and rang it up.
It's pretty easy to do....[/QUOTE]

Sorry I had read all the material beforehand, I simply forgot to mention what happened. I did take the Saboteur up to the counter, but it came up at 30 anyways.

[quote name='dominator']Sorry I had read all the material beforehand, I simply forgot to mention what happened. I did take the Saboteur up to the counter, but it came up at 30 anyways.[/QUOTE]
Okay. But it shouldn't have. Don't really know what to tell you.

[quote name='dominator']Sorry I had read all the material beforehand, I simply forgot to mention what happened. I did take the Saboteur up to the counter, but it came up at 30 anyways.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it online, $19 price is live.

Go back to the store ask them to check this weeks updated master game sell list. Whatever employee you got is most likely new and didnt want to get in trouble for selling it to you below price.

[quote name='dominator']I'll try that soon, I'm confident it should work this next time... On a side note, I'll probably end up applying there. lol[/QUOTE]

good luck to you...it's surprisingly difficult to get a job there, which makes it all that more frustrating when there are employees not doing their jobs correctly after they went through all of the trouble to get the position..if so it would add one more person who could actually correctly update the prices each week haha

Well I went back in and it came up at 29.95 again... I just asked the employee if it's not 19.95... He checked his computer again, scanned the game again, and suddenly it was 21.05 after tax... I don't know what happened the first time, but I'm happy... Picked up the application too. lol

My Family Video (Kokomo, IN) has 6 copies of Left 4 Dead 2 for $20, and 5 copies marked $40, they probably got too many, so they're marking them down further.

[quote name='sandman8288']My Family Video (Kokomo, IN) has 6 copies of Left 4 Dead 2 for $20, and 5 copies marked $40, they probably got too many, so they're marking them down further.[/QUOTE]

chances are thats a slip and they should be left 4 dead the original..thats a ymmv deal there if they actually have them priced that way...i can almost promise that it was not an intentional markdown..but take advantage of it if other stores have done the same

[quote name='scavy']There's something better than pristine? :)[/QUOTE]

I've ordered probably 10 games from gamefly, all have been in what I would consider acceptable condition. Chips and scratches, playable, for the price I didn't care, but seems like there have been very mixed experiences with GF games.

I got my Bayonneta Thursday in mint condition with manual very happy, its a great game (360). Just did not want to pay full price for it. OveraLL I'm happy with the games I have bought from FV.

I got Saboteur and Operation Flashpoint (both 360) for $20 each. They were marked $30 but rang up as $20.

OP should add operation flashpoint: Dragon Rising as a $20 title at least for 360.

[quote name='jer7583']I got Saboteur and Operation Flashpoint (both 360) for $20 each. They were marked $30 but rang up as $20.

OP should add operation flashpoint: Dragon Rising as a $20 title at least for 360.[/QUOTE]

its a ymmv title as it is supposed to be sold out online and for sale stickers are to be removed from it in stores, so it was on there before, but I took it down for this reason...but yah check your local stores sometimes..youll never know what deals you find.

I wasn't sure I'd like it but flashpoint is actually really good, so far

[quote name='charlescheese']Damn, Family Video would sell me so many games if they just kept all of the manuals and guaranteed they'd come with them like Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, based on my recent Family Video and Gamefly orders (360 games) I'll take no manuals over super scratched up games (Gamefly).

[quote name='XT14']chances are thats a slip and they should be left 4 dead the original..thats a ymmv deal there if they actually have them priced that way...i can almost promise that it was not an intentional markdown..but take advantage of it if other stores have done the same[/QUOTE]

It was marked $19.95 at the one near me, but it rang up as $40 at the register. So it seems that way.

Definately get a price check, as you've probably already seen from the posts here, I picked up Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for 9.95 despite its 19.95 price tag.

I love westerns. The first one was okay, but this is supposed to be much, much better so I'm anxious to play it (But it'll be at least 5 days as I used a 1/2 rental promo on Heavy Rain and hope to start and finish that in the rental period.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back