Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't resist the trend: just picked up Transformers and Singularity. These weren't even on my watch list and now they're in my backlog... I'm such a sucker for $10 games with better than average reviews.

Got my Singularity today, again I received a manual ( little tear in the front though), but this time the case was all broke to shit. I hate that they ship in those plastic bags. Oh well, I guess I'll just swap it out for a future Gamestop trade-in.

P1000008.jpg

Transformers and Singularity showed up complete tonight. Alan Wake, unfortunately, did not come with a manual. Anyone know where I can pick one up cheap?

[quote name='41down']went to my local family video to grab transformers and the price was 19.95 so i passed.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Did you ask for a price match? A couple of people in this thread just mentioned it and got it adjusted.

wound up going back and picking up Saboteur and Singularity, those were the only other $10 games that I really cared for.

I may wind up going back and getting The Forgotten Sands, but after picking up Dragon Age at target today for $15, my backlog is insane at this point...

[quote name='kaydigi']Did you ask for a price match? A couple of people in this thread just mentioned it and got it adjusted.[/QUOTE]

yeah the guy wouldnt do it.

[quote name='41down']yeah the guy wouldnt do it.[/QUOTE]

just ask him to check the used game price list...when he scanned it in...it should have rang up as 9.95...just ran into a bad or "uninformed" employee is what it sounds like. Of course if it keeps happening feel free to ask for the manager or PM me...as I've told people in the past, i'm just a part time employee at a store, but it's still frustrating to hear this from people

good luck!

I placed an order on Thursday, expecting to get it by next week at best, and on Saturday there was the item delivered.
I don't have Family video games near my states so pretty impressive if you ask me.

The game I ordered, Transformers, came with the manual, the disc condition is better than the ones I've been receiving from Gamefly, and the case was in an excellent shape.
That is my first experience and I'm quite impressed with everything.

ADDITION: It was delivered by USPS.

Got Singularity and Transformers WFC on Friday. Both came without manuals, but thats a known thing. Discs were in good shape, lightly worn/scratched, worked fine.

Chalk up another win for FV used games.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I placed an order on Thursday, expecting to get it by next week at best, and on Saturday there was the item delivered.
I don't have Family video games near my states so pretty impressive if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Placed my order for Bioshock 2 and Singularity Friday, they shipped today. This make me hope that they'll arrive by Tuesday :pray:

Got my order today of Singularity and Crackdown 2. Surprisingly both came with manuals and are in mint condition. Thanks Family Video!

[quote name='XT14']just ask him to check the used game price list...when he scanned it in...it should have rang up as 9.95...just ran into a bad or "uninformed" employee is what it sounds like. Of course if it keeps happening feel free to ask for the manager or PM me...as I've told people in the past, i'm just a part time employee at a store, but it's still frustrating to hear this from people

good luck![/QUOTE]

You should get a raise and promoted for the hard work you are doing for them. I am shocked cause you know how much money they at netting from you doing this? I keep buying and telling people about the deals. It is so hard to get well known and man are you really helping them get customers. The prices of the games are dirt cheap but hey once they buy and love what they get they keep coming back for more stuff.

I give you props and this is one thread i always check for almost a year now. This company is top notch WHEN things do get messed up. That is super rare and they do not lie just so they can get you off the phone or more time wasted in replying to emails. CS is top notch and so are returns WHEN it is needed.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']You should get a raise and promoted for the hard work you are doing for them. I am shocked cause you know how much money they at netting from you doing this? I keep buying and telling people about the deals. It is so hard to get well known and man are you really helping them get customers. The prices of the games are dirt cheap but hey once they buy and love what they get they keep coming back for more stuff.

I give you props and this is one thread i always check for almost a year now. This company is top notch WHEN things do get messed up. That is super rare and they do not lie just so they can get you off the phone or more time wasted in replying to emails. CS is top notch and so are returns WHEN it is needed.[/QUOTE]

well i thank you for the appreciation. I figure I get my equal payback from other members posting similar deals that I benefit from. Perhaps if my karma treats me right I'll end up ahead at the end of the day. Anyway, only one new update this week, check your stores to see if there are any black friday deals going on as games may even be a bit cheaper. I know at my store I just priced over 100 dvds at 2.95 (2 for $4) for a pre-black friday sale and we should have some sub $10 blu-rays the day of, and possibly some game deals....so good luck everyone and thanks for checkin the updates every week!

Seemed like a really good price for Singularity, so I bit. I didn't even really want it, but after looking at game play on youtube it seems decent. Plus the TiV is higher than the price point.

Received Transformers and Singularity today (shipped on Thursday) so pretty quick I think.

Cases on btoh of the games were very good ( not cracked or anything) and disc condition was very good ( no major scratches at all and very clean). Only bad thing was no manual, but considering the case and disc condition I am very happy for the price.

Also took the stickers off and put a little "goo gone" and all the residue removed easily...

I'm putting FV on Used game buy list after this experience...thanks again to OP of this thread.

I got Transformers WFC and Singularity last week, both were in great condition w/instructions. Playing Singularity now and it is very good. So if you like Bioshock, definitely pick this up.

Singularity showed up but I don't see Bioshock 2 anywhere which was the one I really wanted to play first, the Case is in great condition, no manual was included. The Disc has quite a few light scratches but that could just be from the 360 since they're in a circular pattern, then there's this smudge/fingerprint in the middle(being picked up?)...I can't install it because I dont have enogh space (fable 2) So I'll just play and hope for the best.

It's acceptable.. I mean it is USED after all.....now I'll just wait for Bioshock :oldman: (which hopefully isn't lost in the mail...) Oh and the rental sticker residue is a pain

[quote name='Cysquatch']Singularity showed up but I don't see Bioshock 2 anywhere which was the one I really wanted to play first, the Case is in great condition, no manual was included. The Disc has quite a few light scratches but that could just be from the 360 since they're in a circular pattern, then there's this smudge/fingerprint in the middle(being picked up?)...I can't install it because I dont have enogh space (fable 2) So I'll just play and hope for the best.

It's acceptable.. I mean it is USED after all.....now I'll just wait for Bioshock :oldman: (which hopefully isn't lost in the mail...) Oh and the rental sticker residue is a pain[/QUOTE]

Shenanigans, I was playing Singularity and got disc unreadable when I was starting to enjoy it :whistle2:?. I guess I return for a new one....Do I email or call?

Edit: I don't know why I didn't notice this before (didn't have my contacts in so maybe that's why...)but In the inner circle of Singularity, pieces are missing....the only way I can describe it is as someone pulled out the disc without pushing the safety button...

Edit 2: I received an email back from them just now.

Your order will reship immediately. You should receive:

1 x Singularity : Xbox 360 (USED)

within 3-5 business days (5-10 business days for used items).

A self addressed stamped envelope will be sent to you to process your return.

We appreciate your business as well as your patience.

I guess I'll wait...kinda disappointed that I'm probably gonna have to wait a week or so since thanksgiving and all but I'm a patient person so it's not THAT big of a deal.

got my singularity with manual in mint condition, my Bioshock 2 came with no manual and copied paper cover art, kinda bummed about that but the discs are both in great condition. i store them in binders and file my cases anyways so its all good for the pricepoint.

got my Saboteur with manual and dlc code, Singularity was disc/case no manual...but i rarely if ever look at manuals. Still waiting on ME2/Alpha Protocol. I think it's funny i got my second order before my first.

yah if you guys have any problems PLEASE call them to take care of it...even the above poster that had copied cover art on a game that was received...that's unacceptable and our policy is to never ship out a game like that. If you're okay with it that's one thing, but don't ever feel like you should settle for something you paid your hard earned money for.

[quote name='XT14']yah if you guys have any problems PLEASE call them to take care of it...even the above poster that had copied cover art on a game that was received...that's unacceptable and our policy is to never ship out a game like that. If you're okay with it that's one thing, but don't ever feel like you should settle for something you paid your hard earned money for.[/QUOTE]

I got a question i was told they were sending me a mailer to send my bad game back but never got it. I contacted them by email and said they sent me another one but that never came to. So what do i do with this game that is unplayable?

i ordered xmen origins and it came in a beat up black dvd case and it had photocoped case art and it was cut wrong on the sides and bottom.Im not too pleased for my first time ordering from them.

[quote name='KJ19']i ordered xmen origins and it came in a beat up black dvd case and it had photocoped case art and it was cut wrong on the sides and bottom.Im not too pleased for my first time ordering from them.[/QUOTE]

I repeat....please do contact them if you can...the games come from actual stores...employees are supposed to be trained that if they dont have the actual box art to send the order to another store...so they only way it will improve is to complain about it....sorry about your bad experience though...you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get your game

and for the others if they haven't sent you a mailer to send the bad game back...then don't worry about it..you won't be charged double for anything.

Got my Bioshock 2 today, 1 or 2 light scratches but they look like they come out easily. The case had a sticker on it but came off easily. The game works so far.

Awesome game so far. I also find it funny that Singularity dropped in price. Wonder if they'll refund the difference :lol:.

Just got my Transformers WFC today, ordered it on 11/19. First time ordering from them and the case was in great condition. Came with a manual and the disc had no scratches. Aside from the long ass delivery time from USPS, my first time ordering from them was good. I just wished FV would include tracking info tho.

[quote name='GUNNM']USPS has free tracking. USE IT PLEASE.[/QUOTE]

Anytime I've ever mailed something through the post office they wanted like 60 cents or something to track my package. Is that something new they started? I looked on their website and didn't see anywhere that they said it was free or how much they charged for it.

[quote name='GUNNM']USPS has free tracking. USE IT PLEASE.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I would if they provided a tracking number in your order history page or email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back