Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']USPS has free tracking. USE IT PLEASE.[/QUOTE]

USPS has free tracking if you ship packages online...with our prepaid postage system tracking costs extra. I'm pretty sure if it was free the company would have already gotten it. It may be implemented in the future, but as of now I don't think any of the stores are using it.

Also since familyvideo never ever sends a return pre printed label as promised i can trash this broken game? Nobody commented and has been like a week. I am just sick of it laying on the counter. I hate leaving things out and it belongs in the trash anyways. I just do not want to be billed for a broken game later on. I asked twice what happened to the label they were supposed to send and how many times do they have to say they sent another. Jeez they really do not want this game back. My luck they will bill me... I am not gonna pay return shipping fee's for something that was not my fault.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Also since familyvideo never ever sends a return pre printed label as promised i can trash this broken game? Nobody commented and has been like a week. I am just sick of it laying on the counter. I hate leaving things out and it belongs in the trash anyways. I just do not want to be billed for a broken game later on. I asked twice what happened to the label they were supposed to send and how many times do they have to say they sent another. Jeez they really do not want this game back. My luck they will bill me... I am not gonna pay return shipping fee's for something that was not my fault.[/QUOTE]
Check out post #831 ... XT14 answered your question

Got my replacement for singularity but the case is missing pieces. It did come with a manual though. I'll keep the case from the first one and send the crappy case back along with the faulty disc and call it a day.

I still haven't received my order either. Considering Bioshock 2 is $10 NEW for both Xbox 360 and PC, along with Mass Effect 2, I highly regret my purchases. I just sent an email to get a tracking number or confirmation that the order actually shipped.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I still haven't received my order either. Considering Bioshock 2 is $10 NEW for both Xbox 360 and PC, along with Mass Effect 2, I highly regret my purchases. I just sent an email to get a tracking number or confirmation that the order actually shipped.[/QUOTE]

they take forever in some cases to ship. If you havent gotten an item has shipped email it hasnt shipped. I've posted before about this, they're great if you dont mind waiting a long time to get your games, but if your in a hurry don't bother.

[quote name='bagwelljeff']Check out post #831 ... XT14 answered your question[/QUOTE]

Thanks i did not see it. I did call them this morning and told me they were sending me yet another return label. I did not ask if i was going to be charged i said i was worried and they said they will send another asap. If this one does not come i guess i will just trash it. I just hope they do not charge me down the road.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I still haven't received my order either. Considering Bioshock 2 is $10 NEW for both Xbox 360 and PC, along with Mass Effect 2, I highly regret my purchases. I just sent an email to get a tracking number or confirmation that the order actually shipped.[/QUOTE]

I tried to cancel online today and I got a SHIPPED confirmation email a couple hours later. We'll see how long it takes to actually get here. I really wanted to cancel my order and purchase the games new for the same price as used, but looks like I'm screwed now. Part of me is wondering if they sent that confirmation BECAUSE I sent a cancellation request.

It's my first order, so hopefully everything is in good shape...though I wish I could have got ME2 for $10 new today at Amazon. It was in my cart but then FamilyVideo emailed me. Grrrrr. I lose out on the DLC that comes with the new copies now.

got my order

mass effect 2
transformers war for cybertron
alpha protocol

discs look pretty scratched and buffed

only mass effect 2 had a manual no cerberus card though

no new updates this week everyone, sorry to hear about some of the off key stories here, hope that it is the minority, but I will be trying to forward this forum to some people soon so they can get the positive and negative feedback...so please keep posting if you have either! thanks again

I still have not received my games as they shipped 2 wkd ago on Tuesday. I am getting the feeling that they are not going to show up. This happened before when I ordered gears of war - I had to wait 3 weeks before they sent a replacement and then another week and a half for it to show up. Let's hope it comes tomorrow as I don't know if I'll order again from family video.....

[quote name='sandman8288']Get free shipping through Monday with code TURKEY10[/QUOTE]

Can the OP update this in the first post?
I'm sure people are missing this deal.

Is Transformers war for cybertron for the 360 OOS?
I see no option to select the usded option, can anyone check for me?

I got my Transformers: War for Cybertron today. Disc looks brand new except for the family video sticker on it. Case is in great condition.

[quote name='WTFer']Is Transformers war for cybertron for the 360 OOS?
I see no option to select the usded option, can anyone check for me?[/QUOTE]

DOA, you had to jump on that within the first 5 days to snag one.

[quote name='WTFer']Can the OP update this in the first post?
I'm sure people are missing this deal.[/QUOTE]

i'll try to work on keeping the first post updated with free shipping deals...i just need to find a way to keep consistantly updated on that...is everyone getting that update through email or what? I don't receive updates through my store about that so it's typically a surprise to me when someone posts it, but would like to beat them to the punch from now on...someone update me if you could

I'm going to have to jump on Alpha Protocol for 10 bucks through these guys. I ordered it from Gamefly when it was the same price and even though the copy I got looks brand new it would not play. I emailed them and was told there is no 1 to 1 exchange at this time? So I've gotta send it back get my money back. What a ripoff.

EDIT: I caved and bought a new copy of Alpha Protocol, as well as a copy of Singularity and Transformers. Hopefully they come in good condition as opposed to some of the posts I've read as of late...Guess I'll have to post again when they arrive and let everyone know

Last edited by a moderator:
So how do these deals typically work? Do most of the same deals show up month after month? I'm really thinking about Transformers War for Cybertron but kinda blew my load on normal BF deals. Think it'll be back in December or even January? Idk might be heading down to that price elsewhere by then even.

my order for mass effect 2 and alpha protocol said it shipped on 11/20, but i still haven't received the games yet. Has anyone else had an order take this long to process through the usps? My second order that was marked shipped on 11/21 got here within a day or two.

really not happy with this site at this point, esp considering i could have gotten a new copy of Mass Effect 2 from amazon for the same $10 =/

seriously people, if you are getting media mail, its a base 2-9 BUSINESS days to allow shipping, the post is always delayed for the holidays, show some patience and understanding for businesses going through the busiest shopping times of the year and using the slowest shipping method during the busiest mailing time of the year.

[quote name='shadowrage']Is war for cybertron sold out? I can't find a link for it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are sold out. I ordered 2. No manuals and one isn't working for me. Hopefully they will be able to exchange (called already and they reserve a limited quantity for exchanges).

Looking forward to playing co-op so I'm hoping the replacement will get here before holiday mail slow down.

I received Transformers WFC and Singularity on Friday, and they were in pretty great shape. No more than a few light scratches and they even both came with manuals! (though, they are quite short, so people aren't missing out on much...)

I have two questions, i searched through this thread already so apologies if i missed it:
1) free shipping code, can this be used more than once on one account?
2) are there no used blu-rays on the website? i don't seem so see any

Was going to buy Transformers, which it says is in stock, but now Singularity is out of stock, so wasn't sure if i should wait for both to be available b4 using the Turkey10 free ship code

[quote name='CaptainCool4']Should I pick up Singularity and/or The Saboteur? Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Saboteur is a very fun game. If you like GTA and blowing stuff up, you'll like it. I didn't really care for the story very much though.

I just picked up Singularity, so I don't have an opinion on that yet.

[quote name='CaptainCool4']Should I pick up Singularity and/or The Saboteur? Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

The Saboteur is a pretty good game, it does get a bit repetitive if you HAVE to complete games 100%, blowing up everything nazi related can get old, but it's still fun. It's a shame Pandemic closed shortly before it was released, I'd like to see a sequel.

Singularity is a great first person shooter with a fantastic atmosphere, it plays out in a very Bioshock esque way and is fun, but the multiplayer is dead.

Thanks for the help guys! Didnt pull the trigger on singularity fast enough, its sold out...oh well I picked up a copy of saboteur for 10 and change. Im actually pretty excited, ive wanted this game for a while

[quote name='pasolini']I have two questions, i searched through this thread already so apologies if i missed it:
1) free shipping code, can this be used more than once on one account?
2) are there no used blu-rays on the website? i don't seem so see any

Was going to buy Transformers, which it says is in stock, but now Singularity is out of stock, so wasn't sure if i should wait for both to be available b4 using the Turkey10 free ship code[/QUOTE]

free shipping should work multiple times...if nothing else you could create a seperate account. They don't seem to be selling blu-rays online yet, just in store

finally got my Mass Effect 2 and Alpha Protocol in and im left rather "meh"

The cases are in perfect shape, even AP with it's "save the environment" case, but the second disc of Mass Effect has some sharpie on the white space with store identification...guess they couldn't have printed out a second ring sticker =/

Not a bad price all in all considering this is a rebuy of mass effect 2 and i don't need any of the manuals or anything...but writing on the disc? ugh I don't think i'll be buying any more multi disc games from this site

Ever since the whole UFC 2010 debacle I had with my store, I haven't been in there.
I was driving by yesterday though and stopped in and they seem to have games for sale again. So I picked up Crackdown 2. I didn't see that Alpha Protocol dropped though, so I'm going in today to grab that and maybe Transformers.
I want Bioshock 2 also, but Blockbuster is having a BOGO sometime this month, so I can wait.

Edit: Actually kind of thinking about taking Crackdown back and getting it new on amazon for $5 cheaper.

I got my singularity and mafia 2 the other day. They discs for both look brand spanking new. There is no manuals for both games which is a huge turn off. I rarely have a missing manual when i order from this place.

The cases were cracked and parts off them.... The discs are fine which is shocking. The cases all got a bunch of stickers on them to. So now i got to buy me some xbox replacement cases. I wish they would charge $1 more so it ships in a better package instead of a plastic bag with a label on it. I am shocked more do not come trashed that i bought from there. I get some sometimes but not often and they always ship in thin plastic bags with no padding.

I wonder if they will replace the cases and even toss in the manuals..

The mafia 2 included the map through so that is cool.

It's been since the November 16th and haven't received my 3 games. I did call them and they are going to resend them. That is nice, however, this happend the only other time I ordered from them a few years ago. I had to wait 4 1/2 weeks to get my pre-order for gears of war.

I'll update and let u know if my order does show up.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I got my singularity and mafia 2 the other day. They discs for both look brand spanking new. There is no manuals for both games which is a huge turn off. I rarely have a missing manual when i order from this place.

The cases were cracked and parts off them.... The discs are fine which is shocking. The cases all got a bunch of stickers on them to. So now i got to buy me some xbox replacement cases. I wish they would charge $1 more so it ships in a better package instead of a plastic bag with a label on it. I am shocked more do not come trashed that i bought from there. I get some sometimes but not often and they always ship in thin plastic bags with no padding.

I wonder if they will replace the cases and even toss in the manuals..

The mafia 2 included the map through so that is cool.[/QUOTE]

Again it may be a longshot as i dont know your location...but if you have a store anywhere close...stop in and get a replacement case from them

I just received the Alpha Protocol, Singularity, and apparently Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (must have mistaken it for War for Cybertron) in the mail today and I'm honestly really impressed. All three cases have the manuals and the cases are all in good looking condition. The discs also look practically brand new, minus the stickers on the inner part of the disc but that is not an issue. Very impressed considering the surge of complaints that were coming up around the time I ordered.

Sad thing is this came faster than the Arkham Asylum GOTY I ordered from newegg, which has been sitting in the same place since the 27th.

[quote name='Raid3n']I just received the Alpha Protocol, Singularity, and apparently Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (must have mistaken it for War for Cybertron) in the mail today and I'm honestly really impressed. All three cases have the manuals and the cases are all in good looking condition. The discs also look practically brand new, minus the stickers on the inner part of the disc but that is not an issue. Very impressed considering the surge of complaints that were coming up around the time I ordered.

Sad thing is this came faster than the Arkham Asylum GOTY I ordered from newegg, which has been sitting in the same place since the 27th.[/QUOTE]

Either throw ROTF in the trash or return it for WFC.

okay everyone, got a decent amount of updates today, hopefully theres something for everyone this time....well minus the wii owners, sorry :/

Medal of Honor may come with the online pass depending on the store...I forgot that game had that system....if ordering online i'd say don't count on it....and for the other poster I'm not putting xbox 360 in the title because there is little room...and every once in again we do have other systems in there...such as this week

This was just posted on the Facebook page:

"Go now to FamilyVideo.com and enter the coupon code "SNOWBALL" for free shipping on ANY size order! It's good til this Friday, the 10th!"

Apologies if it has already been posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back