Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendokid54']I know that alan wake comes with a dlc token for the signal. any chance that this will be included if i purchase it online?[/QUOTE]
Probably not

Had to get Alan Wake at 12 bucks, I was trying to acquire it via trade, but at 12 bucks shipped I don't think I would find a better deal.

Went to buy Alan Wake Thursday night and it was marked $19.95 so I took it up to the desk to buy it, I didn't tell the employee that it should be $9.99. I figured it would just ring up $9.99 but it didn't he rang it up and told me my total was $21.15 with tax.

Tempted to jump on Alan Wake, kinda like games complete though and from what I have read here there is like a 50/50 chance to get one. However for this price I might have to take that gamble, especially having the dlc for it already. My backlog is growing in titanic proportions.

[quote name='atc250es']Went to buy Alan Wake Thursday night and it was marked $19.95 so I took it up to the desk to buy it, I didn't tell the employee that it should be $9.99. I figured it would just ring up $9.99 but it didn't he rang it up and told me my total was $21.15 with tax.[/QUOTE]

feel free to mention it to him/her next time...as we can change the price manually...he probably manually changed it to the stickered 19.95 without thinking twice.

[quote name='XT14']feel free to mention it to him/her next time...as we can change the price manually...he probably manually changed it to the stickered 19.95 without thinking twice.[/QUOTE]

I told him it should be $9.99 then he asked where I saw that, I told him that was the price online and he told me it was an online only price.

Yes, it's available online (Alan Wake) at the link in the OP. Just got one at $9.xx for myself as a post-Christmas indulgence.

Thanks, OP!

Just received my copy of GH: WoR today. Came with box, manual and even the Soundgarden CD. The game CD was also in perfect condition with no scratches at all. Very satisfied. ^_^

They did send out a new order , however I had to wait the minimum 10 business day shipping and then wait for it to be shipped again - took over 3 weeks to get my games. One order did come quick however.

sorry everyone...nothing this week...they just reminded the stores to price more of our Rent one get one games at 9.95 if not already done...cya next week!

[quote name='XT14']sorry everyone...nothing this week...they just reminded the stores to price more of our Rent one get one games at 9.95 if not already done...cya next week![/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot! Might go grab Alan Wake sometime this weekend.

I ordered Alan Wake on Christmas and it arrived today, really fast shipping. It didn't have the manual but it did have the signal dlc code.

I had to bite on Alan Wake for $10.

I've been patiently waiting to get a copy of the CE off Goozex, but after snagging both DLCs off XBL a few days back for $5 i've have been itching to play Alan Wake again. Hopefully mine ships with a manual, but either way the price was way too good to pass up.

There's a bunch of new $7.99 titles, as well as Orange Box for $9.99. That and Mafia 2 is down to $22.99 less than a week after I bought it for $45. >_

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Got my Alan Wake in the mail. Mine was case and disc only. Just FYI. No manual or code[/QUOTE]
Me too. Disc and case are mint though.
Arrived today, ordered 12/22.

That was hella fast - 3 days after placing the order, Alan Wake arrived. No code and no manual but disc and case are immaculate, except for the store sticker on the inner ring.

For $10 + $2 shipping, i'm very pleased.

Just ordered Alan Wake, Alpha Protocol and The Saboteur for Xbox 360. .04 cents shy of $30 bucks, couldn't pass it up. I'll update with their condition and contents when they arrive.

I keep flip-flopping on Alpha Protocol. I nearly bought it for $10 but I ended up with the Orange Box instead. How many of you guys are getting the stickers on the inner ring of the disc? My Family Video never used them, they just wrote the number on it in Sharpie. Are they still impossible to get off?

[quote name='Survivalism']I keep flip-flopping on Alpha Protocol. I nearly bought it for $10 but I ended up with the Orange Box instead. How many of you guys are getting the stickers on the inner ring of the disc? My Family Video never used them, they just wrote the number on it in Sharpie. Are they still impossible to get off?[/QUOTE]

Mine had the inner ring sticker, no sharpie.

Doesn't look like it would be too terrible to get off with a light combo of Goo Gone and rubbing alcohol, but for risk of making the problem worse, i'm probably not even going to bother.

EDIT: The sticker came loose easily enough with a fingernail so I went for it. A couple applications of Goo Gone took care of the majority of the adhesive gunk left after removing the sticker. It looks fine but still has a slight residue.

[quote name='Survivalism']I keep flip-flopping on Alpha Protocol. I nearly bought it for $10 but I ended up with the Orange Box instead. How many of you guys are getting the stickers on the inner ring of the disc? My Family Video never used them, they just wrote the number on it in Sharpie. Are they still impossible to get off?[/QUOTE]

All of the discs I have gotten have had the sticker on it. I have gotten 5 or 6 games from them and they all have had the sticker on it. Personally I haven't bothered trying to take them off, I don't see the need to so much. The cases I do, but discs not so much since you rarely actually see them

A heads up to people who still play the PS2.

I stopped by my local Family Video yesterday to see what was available and saw about 1/3rd of their PS2 rental games for sale. I picked up @ $4.95 each: Grandia III, Red Dead Revolver, Odin Sphere, Shadow Hearts: From The New World and Phantasy Star Universe. I also picked up Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II for $9.95.

I asked the clerk if they were closing out their PS2 section and he replied that they were, but it was going to be a slow process because the store still rents a decent amount of PS2 games.

The thing I like about Family Video is that the clerk will check the disc and do a quick buffing if needed. This must be company poilcy because every store I visit does this.

[quote name='Raid3n']All of the discs I have gotten have had the sticker on it. I have gotten 5 or 6 games from them and they all have had the sticker on it. Personally I haven't bothered trying to take them off, I don't see the need to so much. The cases I do, but discs not so much since you rarely actually see them[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way; I rarely even look at the disc when I get it but if there's a tiny dent in the case I flip out. It really should be the other way around. As for the sticker, though, the last time I tried to clean a disc with adhesive remover, some dripped down onto the data side and instantly corroded it so now I'm afraid to use anything on the disc itself.

I would have loved Castlevania for $20. Meh, I should have held out on Orange Box because my recent game fund's just about tapped. :(

[quote name='kaydigi']Damn I hope Castlevania lasts, I had rent to pay this week.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Quite a few games I'd like to partake in buying, but rent has me tapped....

Hoping Cybertron just shows up on Wednesday-- none showing at all right now. We'll check back on Wednesday, then. $9.95 is aces if they've got one to sell me.

Also: received Alan Wake from them last week ($9.95). Came with mint case, AND manual. Was really pleased. Thanks, Family Video!

Nabbed Castlevania & Bloosdstone online! Thanks again CAG! Now if I could only find that $29 Fable 3 I'd be a happy camper!

Ehh, pulled the trigger on it. Tried the demo and liked it a lot so the price is good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back