Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EYEL1NER']'Bout to head off to my FV. Here's hoping...[/QUOTE]

If they don't get everything right this time let me know and I'll contact their regional manager this time around and expliain the problem of the prior challenge we had. Hopefully everything goes great :bouncy:

[quote name='zippyzip']Nabbed Castlevania & Bloosdstone online! Thanks again CAG! Now if I could only find that $29 Fable 3 I'd be a happy camper![/QUOTE]

I might be able to help you out with that if you wanna send me a pm. One of the stores that does the online fulfilment is about 20 minutes from my house so I could probably have them mail one out to ya.

[quote name='Brother Daz']So my order has been marked for review, is this a common thing? I have never seen this on my orders before.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zippyzip']Mine is showing as marked for review as well...whatever that means? Hope it don't get canceled?[/QUOTE]

Mine said that before it shipped, I just figured it was being processed.

How are you guys getting these prices? In stores? I go to the family video website, and never see these in stock. Specfically looking for NCAA Football 11 and Alan Wake.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']If they don't get everything right this time let me know and I'll contact their regional manager this time around and expliain the problem of the prior challenge we had. Hopefully everything goes great :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I've been in a couple times since that incident and they have a ton of games for sale again, but they never put a copy of UFC out and never called me and ducked me whenever I'd call them. I ended up just now getting it at Blockbuster with the BOGO that just ended.

But no, it was a wasted trip going. They only have two copies of Castlevania on the floor, both were there, but neither one for sale. I ended up going to the register and asking if they had any copies for sale, maybe one was not stickered as such, and the chick asked some guy that was there if any of the Castlevanias were for sale and he said "Nope. Not yet."
I understand they have to have a certain amount for rentals though, so whatever. I might order online and chance the manual.

I did find it funny that they had ~10 copies of AC:Brotherhood for rent, none for sale, and none were checked out at the time.

Got Alan Wake, Bioshock 2, and the Saboteur. All were in great shape, cases too. The Saboteur was the only one without a booklet.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I've been in a couple times since that incident and they have a ton of games for sale again, but they never put a copy of UFC out and never called me and ducked me whenever I'd call them. I ended up just now getting it at Blockbuster with the BOGO that just ended.

But no, it was a wasted trip going. They only have two copies of Castlevania on the floor, both were there, but neither one for sale. I ended up going to the register and asking if they had any copies for sale, maybe one was not stickered as such, and the chick asked some guy that was there if any of the Castlevanias were for sale and he said "Nope. Not yet."
I understand they have to have a certain amount for rentals though, so whatever. I might order online and chance the manual.

I did find it funny that they had ~10 copies of AC:Brotherhood for rent, none for sale, and none were checked out at the time.[/QUOTE]

yah the amount we had to keep for castlevania was 2...my store also only had 2, so no dice....the assassins creed was a weird one this week...we were to sell 50% of those that hadn't rented out for at least 1 week...and during the holidays that game rented out really well...so out of our 10 or so copies i had none that qualified.

i received my alan wake order yesterday..i ordered it on 12/27/10 and all it came with was the case and the booklet. Good thing i called before they closed and they are resending me another alan wake.

I ended up ordering Castlevania. It seems like more people order from the website than go in-store and grab their games, so they must be doing something right with their orders. Just hope I get case and manual with mine, but I imagine I well.

[quote name='adam31']How are you guys getting these prices? In stores? I go to the family video website, and never see these in stock. Specfically looking for NCAA Football 11 and Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]

You're not missing them, they're out of stock now.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I ended up ordering Castlevania. It seems like more people order from the website than go in-store and grab their games, so they must be doing something right with their orders. Just hope I get case and manual with mine, but I imagine I well.[/QUOTE]
Some of us don't have a Family Video near us to go to, so online is the only option.

And on that note, my last order (Transformers: WFC) was great, so I'm hoping my Castlevania order is just as good.

Bloodstone is very tempting but I'm gonna wait until this hits $9.99...my backlog is just too large right now...

I love this online store i always buy here and WHEN a problem comes up they are super easy to fix the issue. I wish they send more of them with manuals cause lately it has mostly been misses for me for them...

The castlevania says out of stock more coming soon. I was able to order it anyways will they ship my bloodstone and ship the castle game later? It would suck if i got charged and took week or a few weeks to get both games shipped to me. I prefer to be charged when getting ready to ship to i never ordered with a out of stock coming soon status.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']It seems like more people order from the website than go in-store and grab their games, so they must be doing something right with their orders.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkZion']Some of us don't have a Family Video near us to go to, so online is the only option.[/QUOTE]

They're online-only.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I ended up ordering Castlevania. It seems like more people order from the website than go in-store and grab their games, so they must be doing something right with their orders. Just hope I get case and manual with mine, but I imagine I well.[/QUOTE]

I rarely buy from my local store...most of the time their prices don't match the website and it's impossible to get them to match the site, they never seem to come with a manual (about 80% of the time they do online) and some times the online ones come with dlc codes and the stores never do.
Ohh and many times the store ones don't go through the buffer and are in pretty poor shape at least in my area. Love ordering online though...much love to familyvideo in general.

[quote name='Survivalism']OK then they're YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Not really. If the store has a copy of the game and it is for sale, then it will be the price in the OP. The sticker may not say it and when they ring it up it won't show, but tell them you believe the price is lower or dropped and they will check on it and give you the correct price.

The problem is whether or not your store would have that game for sale or whether all the copies are rentals, but that being YMMV is addressed in the FAQs in the OP.
[quote name='zippyzip']I rarely buy from my local store...most of the time their prices don't match the website and it's impossible to get them to match the site, they never seem to come with a manual (about 80% of the time they do online) and some times the online ones come with dlc codes and the stores never do.
Ohh and many times the store ones don't go through the buffer and are in pretty poor shape at least in my area. Love ordering online though...much love to familyvideo in general.[/QUOTE]
Like I said above, you have to tell them the price changed. I have done it with Crackdown 2, The Saboteur (which came with unused dlc codes, every copy of it in the store had a code, just like Mass Effect 2 and more, so dlc in-store is ymmv, because my store does have them), Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and Brutal Legend. I walked up with the game stickered at a pre-drop price, they rang it up and told me the price. I ask if they are sure, because I believe the price actually dropped. They will check a list and say "Wow, your right. That's a good price," and then adjust it on the register.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Brotherhood should be 29.95 by ACII is 19.95 either he got lucky that they messed up or he might want to look at the disc and make sure he got brotherhood and not 2.[/QUOTE] Its for sure brotherhood i just got done playing it. Brotherhood for $20 was a nice find!

God dammit a day before I get paid and Castlevania is OOS. Well it looks like I'll be ordering the rest of the trades that I am missing for The Walking Dead then.

My three games showed up yesterday. All the discs were almost perfect, could pass as new. Alan Wake had instructions and the DLC code, The Saboteur had TWO instruction manuals but no DLC code for digital boobs and Alpha Protocol just had the disc and the case.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Not really. If the store has a copy of the game and it is for sale, then it will be the price in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Right. "If" they have it, and if they don't, that makes it YMMV. So you agree that they're YMMV and there's no reason to argue any more.

Anyway, my game shipped Tuesday and arrived today. The disc looks fantastic and the case would have been perfect if the post office didn't fucking break it. Ugh, that's not Family Video's fault, though. Wishing now I'd picked up Alpha Protocol as well.

All I know is I always fare much better when ordering online be it with manuals, dlc, availability and condition of the discs. Whenever I asked employees why the discrepancy in pricing in website vs bricks & mortar they held to the in-store price and refused to match the online price. Maybe it's different elsewhere or some folks are more aggressive in their demands but that is MY experience with dealing with FamilyVideo. Like I said I'm a fan but IMHO online ordering is the way to go!

[quote name='zippyzip']All I know is I always fare much better when ordering online be it with manuals, dlc, availability and condition of the discs. Whenever I asked employees why the discrepancy in pricing in website vs bricks & mortar they held to the in-store price and refused to match the online price. Maybe it's different elsewhere or some folks are more aggressive in their demands but that is MY experience with dealing with FamilyVideo. Like I said I'm a fan but IMHO online ordering is the way to go![/QUOTE]
I may start getting them online if the in-store experience at my local store doesn't improve. Last time I was there, I asked about Alpha Protocol, as it was stickered $19.98. I asked him to check the price on the website, as I'd seen it lower. He replied no, it was still the same price there, and I was mistaken. I got back home and checked that day and yep, it was $9.98 online, and had been for some time.

I do ever so appreciate being lied to my face, but considering the shitty attitude I got at BBV during this last B1G1 when I asked them to double check a price, maybe that attitude is endemic to my local rental stores. Ah well, one of the clerks at the local FV is nice, so maybe I just have to hope they're on duty.

[quote name='Survivalism']Right. "If" they have it, and if they don't, that makes it YMMV. So you agree that they're YMMV and there's no reason to argue any more.

Anyway, my game shipped Tuesday and arrived today. The disc looks fantastic and the case would have been perfect if the post office didn't fucking break it. Ugh, that's not Family Video's fault, though. Wishing now I'd picked up Alpha Protocol as well.[/QUOTE]
So any B&M deal on this site should be YMMV right? Because my store might not have what everyone else's does?
I did not admit that Family Video is YMMV because it's not. If you walk into a Family Video and there is a copy of Crackdown 2 for sale, there is a set price to it, no YMMV about it. You originally said the deals were online only, then you said they are YMMV. They are clearly not. A game will be the same price at any Family Video.

"If they have it, and if they don't, that makes it YMMV." So if someone says Best Buy is selling Halo Reach for $30 and the website shows it being that price and everyone says that's what it is, and then I walk into my Best Buy and they have no copies of the game, that makes it YMMV?

alright, well no need for people to argue too much on the YMMV stuff or not...read my FAQs at the front if new people have any questions...if people do keep having problems with a store please PM me...although I repeat I am not getting paid to do this...I am sure most of you have a bit of pride for your workplace as well and would prefer people to walk away with a good feeling instead of bad..so if I have the free time I will try to get in touch with those stores to see what's going on....and as usual feel free to ask for their manager on duty as their normally should be someone most of the time....you shouldn't have to walk into a store and wonder if they have their act together this time...so do what you need to...but if theres anything I can do to help, just ask, as it might benefit other people too....good luck!

Much appreciation goes out to the family video employees that regularly keep this thread updated with breaking deals! Without their efforts much of us might miss out on some truly awesome deals! Thanks!

Do games ever come back in stock online? I want Dead to Rights Retribution but it hasnt been around for awhile. I'm assuming I missed my chance.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Do games ever come back in stock online? I want Dead to Rights Retribution but it hasnt been around for awhile. I'm assuming I missed my chance.[/QUOTE]

yes at times..but theres no real timeline or certainty...for example bayonetta last year was really popular when it was 19.95 and went in and out of stock every few weeks..i'm assuming it has to do with more stores becoming e-commerce stores, or more copies not being rented..but if you don't have any local stores, I would check on wednesdays when other things normally update

[quote name='Brother Daz']My Castlevania just arrived, disks are in great shape & the manual was included also.[/QUOTE]
Yep, same here. Both discs are immaculate and the case and manual was there. I prefer to go to the store, but if all of the games I ever order from the website come like this, I will be pleased.
Only one of the two discs had stickers too, so I don't have to remove them from two discs.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Only one of the two discs had stickers too, so I don't have to remove them from two discs.[/QUOTE]
Same with mine, it was nice only needing to remove one of those stickers.

The same as the others about Castlevania. Included manual, the corner was slightly folded. The discs are perfect, sticker on just the first one. Box is perfect.

Also got Alan Wake from last week just yesterday. Somehow took them a long time to ship. Didn't include manual, but did include unused DLC. Case has small scratch on front. Disc is perfect.

glad to hear some good responses above, news for the week though is that...there is no news...be back next week with hopefully some new updates

Just got my Castlevania as well. Great disc quality, manual included and the box looks almost new. This is my first time ordering from FamilyVideo but will definitely order from them in the future.

Picked up Dead Rising 2 today at our new local Family Video that opened in October.

Only bummer was it didn't have a manual. Balls.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']So I guess they're not going to have any used copies of Black Ops anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

That is one series that rarely drops in price. MW2 is still selling well enough to not drop it down that much. To many people are playing it but you can score halo reach cheap and it just keeps going down... The game is good but after awhile you feel like they did not really put there full effort into it. If they did then it is a good thing MS got the rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back