Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrright4you4now']Thanks for the vote of confidence. As far as them pocketing the money they would never get away with it. As a store manager we check every day what was sold to make sure that it was sold for the right amount. The DM then checks to make sure that we checked to make sure that everything was sold for the right amount and the RM then checks to make sure both the DM and store manager did their job. Same thing goes for anytime that a balance like a late fee is written off.

As for your DM comment with all the recent expansion there are several areas that do not have DM's because they relocated to help out in the areas that are just opening up so they might not have been able to contact their old stores about the issue or it might have just gotten lost in the shuffle. If the store manager isn't smart enough to be updating the stores for sale items then a part time employee that was trained by that manager isn't going to necessarly know any better. How long has it been since you sent the first email? If it's been over a week send another one instead of hoping an entire company goes under because of one idiot. I'm sure wherever you work theres at least one person that doesn't do their job right, doesn't mean your company should close up and fire everyone.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

okay sorry for the late updates, didn't work last night so had to call in or the updates this morning. Hopefully I have the correct updates up right now....some older ones this week, but cheaper than last weeks updates for sure. hope theres something in here that will be useful to a few of you

I will snag Borderlands and Dante's Inferno (especially since my roommate bought all the DLC for the former on my XBox!). If the pattern holds true, though, my local Family Video will mark these as the price listed in about six weeks.

[quote name='Luxuria']How good of a game is Just Cause 2? :eek:[/QUOTE]
One of the best sandbox games I have ever played. There is seriously so much shit to do in it. It'll keep you busy for HOURS

[quote name='Brother Daz']One of the best sandbox games I have ever played. There is seriously so much shit to do in it. It'll keep you busy for MONTHS[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

But I'm sure you guys aren't like me - I get way too distracted with open world games. I've put 40+ hours into Just Cause 2 just messing around.. trying to tether a boat to a helicopter, taking it over land, then jumping from the helicopter to the boat in mid-air.. finding the secret LOST easter egg.. and just having fun in general. It's way, way, way too much fun. Bought it for $45 on the day of release at K-Mart and don't regret it for a second.

I don't hope they go under but they might as well if they aren't going to care anymore about the Ps3 than they do now. I'm so tired of calling on release day to see if they have a game that I know I can beat in 5 days and all I ever hear is "We have it for the Wii, 360 and Ds but not for the Ps3."

Borderlands for $10 is awesome. Everyone should pick it up at that price. I was hoping the Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions would come back in stock since Castlevania is a no go, but alas...

There is nothing to stop an employee who takes cash from a customer for an item that is $20 but stickered at $30 and pocketing the $10.

I'm sure more than one location has figured this out by now with how bad they all are about updating their prices and how bad the attitudes are of most of the people who work there.

[quote name='jer7583']There is nothing to stop an employee who takes cash from a customer for an item that is $20 but stickered at $30 and pocketing the $10.

I'm sure more than one location has figured this out by now with how bad they all are about updating their prices and how bad the attitudes are of most of the people who work there.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me, but I never carry cash anymore and just use a debit card. Pocket that, assclown (not you, the greedy employee ;))

[quote name='jer7583']There is nothing to stop an employee who takes cash from a customer for an item that is $20 but stickered at $30 and pocketing the $10.

I'm sure more than one location has figured this out by now with how bad they all are about updating their prices and how bad the attitudes are of most of the people who work there.[/QUOTE]

You can just say "oh, nevermind, it was cheaper at the other store".. or do what I did, ask them to check the price on it. One girl dismissed me with a "It's the price on the sticker", I said "can you just humor me, please?" and she scanned it and said "Oh.. it's $9.99".

Granted, you have to find an employee that won't care about games, but still. All the prices update at the same time for B&M stores so if it scans higher than the price listed here, just walk away.

[quote name='Scorch']You can just say "oh, nevermind, it was cheaper at the other store".. or do what I did, ask them to check the price on it. One girl dismissed me with a "It's the price on the sticker", I said "can you just humor me, please?" and she scanned it and said "Oh.. it's $9.99".

Granted, you have to find an employee that won't care about games, but still. All the prices update at the same time for B&M stores so if it scans higher than the price listed here, just walk away.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. When I bought NBA Jam awhile back, it was stickered at $29.95 and I brought it up to be scanned. Dude said it was likely priced as stickered, but I told him "a friend picked it up for $20 at a different FV store". He checked the price guide, saw it was lower, scanned it, and voila, out the door I went.

[quote name='shoe478']I don't hope they go under but they might as well if they aren't going to care anymore about the Ps3 than they do now. I'm so tired of calling on release day to see if they have a game that I know I can beat in 5 days and all I ever hear is "We have it for the Wii, 360 and Ds but not for the Ps3."[/QUOTE]

As much as I would love to agree with you about the Ps3 games they don't rent at all. For every 10 people that are looking for a game that came out on multi consoles only 1 of those people will be looking for it on the Ps3. It's not the companys fault to pick and choose which ones they get when Sony refuses to kill the Ps2 and fully back the Ps3 and start trying to push the crap out of it. Sony needs to sit down and seriously figure something out if they don't want to become the next Sega. The Ps3 can be argued to be a better console and being a bluray player is fabulous but its not enough to catch Microsoft at this point. I play my Xbox probably 100 hours for every one on the Ps3 so its just basic business that their practicing.

[quote name='RudyPants']Dante's Inferno for $10? Anybody think it's not worth it? I might have to bite.[/QUOTE]

It's like God of War minus the fun.

[quote name='shoe478']I don't hope they go under but they might as well if they aren't going to care anymore about the Ps3 than they do now. I'm so tired of calling on release day to see if they have a game that I know I can beat in 5 days and all I ever hear is "We have it for the Wii, 360 and Ds but not for the Ps3."[/QUOTE]

Thats odd, I only go to Family Video and only rent PS3... and I have never had that issue in the 40+ games I've looked for. Granted they usually only have 1, even going there last week I had no issue picking from Bulletstorm/Killzone 3.

The only issue I have is finding minor games. These are like Knights Contract (dont want but didnt see), Vanquish (xbox got 1), NISA titles, King of fighters 13, etc.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I called a Family Video not too far from me, and they said a used copy of Alan Wake was 29.95, not 9.95. I'm guessing that it's YMMV or something?[/QUOTE]

Don't call about deals, it's better if you show up in person and have them scan it. If all else fails, ask them to check the video game pricing guide. It should scan at $9.95 though.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I called a Family Video not too far from me, and they said a used copy of Alan Wake was 29.95, not 9.95. I'm guessing that it's YMMV or something?[/QUOTE]

Chances are they just looked at the sticker on the case and not in the system

[quote name='Scorch']You can just say "oh, nevermind, it was cheaper at the other store".. or do what I did, ask them to check the price on it. One girl dismissed me with a "It's the price on the sticker", I said "can you just humor me, please?" and she scanned it and said "Oh.. it's $9.99".

Granted, you have to find an employee that won't care about games, but still. All the prices update at the same time for B&M stores so if it scans higher than the price listed here, just walk away.[/QUOTE]

Well they can scan it but if they don't tell you the truth about what it scans at it doesn't do any good.
Or if they say you can't have it for the price you know it is, which seems to be the case for some people.
I don't understand what's so hard about these stores selling items for the amount corporate wants them sold at.

[quote name='HydroX']Don't call about deals, it's better if you show up in person and have them scan it. If all else fails, ask them to check the video game pricing guide. It should scan at $9.95 though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I may go there tomorrow. 15 mile drive isn't too bad.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Thanks. I may go there tomorrow. 15 mile drive isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you, but I would never drive 15 miles on a maybe....so make sure you don't let them tell you that 29.95 is the price...it is 9.95 no YMMV about it...use my FAQ at the first post is need be

[quote name='HydroX']Don't call about deals, it's better if you show up in person and have them scan it. If all else fails, ask them to check the video game pricing guide. It should scan at $9.95 though.[/QUOTE]

Just going there was a bad idea for the times i went. They just wasted my gas and gas is not cheap these days. I could of paid other store used prices and saved money cause the trips i took always gave me a headache. They try to tell you they are not that price and act like they know everything and you are dumb as a snail. I will not go into another FV store ever.

The online store rules and thank god we got that.

Yeah mrright4yourightnow and XT14 really do a good job especially when compared to the experiences I had callling around and going in looking for games. These two went above and beyond.

I'm still trying to convince mrright4yourightnow to take over the stores in my area lol.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Just going there was a bad idea for the times i went. They just wasted my gas and gas is not cheap these days. I could of paid other store used prices and saved money cause the trips i took always gave me a headache. They try to tell you they are not that price and act like they know everything and you are dumb as a snail. I will not go into another FV store ever.

The online store rules and thank god we got that.[/QUOTE]

I will admit your store is the absolute worst store ever. I've never talked to so many people that said they knew exactly what they were doing only for me to send ya there and them to pretend like they had never spoken to me.

If anyone has any problems use the link in the op and give it a week. If and only IF YOU DON'T HEAR BACK then you can feel free to contact me and I'll call the store myself and see if I can't resolve the issue. If the store manager doesn't want to listen then I'll shoot their DM an email and let them know that you expect to hear from them. If that doesn't work I'll call the guys I know at our HQ and have them get involved. It's easy to ignore a store manager from another state but rather dificult to ignore the people cutting your check.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I will admit your store is the absolute worst store ever. I've never talked to so many people that said they knew exactly what they were doing only for me to send ya there and them to pretend like they had never spoken to me.

If anyone has any problems use the link in the op and give it a week. If and only IF YOU DON'T HEAR BACK then you can feel free to contact me and I'll call the store myself and see if I can't resolve the issue. If the store manager doesn't want to listen then I'll shoot their DM an email and let them know that you expect to hear from them. If that doesn't work I'll call the guys I know at our HQ and have them get involved. It's easy to ignore a store manager from another state but rather dificult to ignore the people cutting your check.[/QUOTE]

I'll give FV one more shot next time a good sale pops up. Get any attitude or trouble with price drops and i'll follow your steps again.

What is the standard procedure for rental sales? Stores keep 3 copies? 4? Seems like stores should have some kind of guideline for these things.

[quote name='jer7583']I'll give FV one more shot next time a good sale pops up. Get any attitude or trouble with price drops and i'll follow your steps again.

What is the standard procedure for rental sales? Stores keep 3 copies? 4? Seems like stores should have some kind of guideline for these things.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the title, if its a major release game rule of thumb is to keep 4 copies when it goes for sale at 29.95. When it goes to 19.95 keep 3 copies of the game. When it goes to 9.95 keep 2 copies of the game. This is of course just a general rule of thumb that varies depending on how well a game rents for example my store has 4 copies of Borderlands but I have zero for sale. Why some might ask? I talk up that game every week and on most weekends all 4 copies are out the door with some kid that had never heard of it. Of course most store managers aren't like me and don't sit at home either watching movies or playing video games all day long so that I can talk about the product without getting stumped.

If it's a smaller title then you can drop one from each formula..ie 29.95 keep 3 copies 19.95 keep 2 and so on. The only games we sell down to 1 are the rent 1 get 1 free but if its 9.95 its almost always keep 2 copies.

Did my first order online with these guys, and got burned. ;_; Ordered Call of Juarez and Wolfenstien since they were on the cheap. Now I understand why the shipping is only 1.99. They just threw the cases inside a paper thin plastic bag and mail it off, no packaging or anything. It was partially torn so you could see it had games inside, I'm amazed no one stole it. Plus with no packaging to protect it both cases were cracked/smashed. Plus the Call of Juarez disc has this massive scratch on the bottom, so deep I can feel it when I run my finger over it. I thought the disc was cracked at first but it's just a deep as hell scratch. Won't read the disc or anything so now I gotta figure out how to send it back. *sighs* Guess I won't be doing business with these guys again...

You're letting your first dealing with them be your last? Okay, fine, more stock for me to buy!

FV has been nothing but professional w/ the best customer service. Great deals all around. Return it, give them a second shot sometime. They'll make it right.

[quote name='Tonious']Did my first order online with these guys, and got burned. ;_; Ordered Call of Juarez and Wolfenstien since they were on the cheap. Now I understand why the shipping is only 1.99. They just threw the cases inside a paper thin plastic bag and mail it off, no packaging or anything. It was partially torn so you could see it had games inside, I'm amazed no one stole it. Plus with no packaging to protect it both cases were cracked/smashed. Plus the Call of Juarez disc has this massive scratch on the bottom, so deep I can feel it when I run my finger over it. I thought the disc was cracked at first but it's just a deep as hell scratch. Won't read the disc or anything so now I gotta figure out how to send it back. *sighs* Guess I won't be doing business with these guys again...[/QUOTE]

If you have a store close by just take it into the store and they will take care of you. We can't swap our store copies for your online order because they run the two of them as entirely seperate companies. We can however (as long as you come in between 9-5 est M-F) call our online ordering for you while your in the store and let them know to reship the item and that we have the prior purchase.

If anyone is ever in a store and they are giving you a hard time about a price saying that its online only and refuse to sell it after telling them to check the used game sell list, feel free to call my store while your there. 412-269-1305 and ask for Karl. I'll tell the employee how to look up and verify the price and if need be get their bosses involved. If however I am off that day well then use the op's post to get the stores attention.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']If you have a store close by just take it into the store and they will take care of you. We can't swap our store copies for your online order because they run the two of them as entirely seperate companies. We can however (as long as you come in between 9-5 est M-F) call our online ordering for you while your in the store and let them know to reship the item and that we have the prior purchase.

If anyone is ever in a store and they are giving you a hard time about a price saying that its online only and refuse to sell it after telling them to check the used game sell list, feel free to call my store while your there. 412-269-1305 and ask for Karl. I'll tell the employee how to look up and verify the price and if need be get their bosses involved. If however I am off that day well then use the op's post to get the stores attention.[/QUOTE]
That's nice of you and I appreciate it but the closest family video is 120 miles away. @_@ I'll just have to bite the bullet and mail it back. *huffs*

[quote name='jer7583']
I don't understand what's so hard about these stores selling items for the amount corporate wants them sold at.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever go to a Game Crazy when they were still open? Talk about YMMV deals. :bomb:

There were three of them close to my house and on more than one occasion each store was running a completely different deal. One store would be running the current promotion, another store would have the last promotion and the third was doing god knows what. And people wondered why they couldn't compete with Game Stop! :roll:

FV has been pretty good to me. There are iver locations close to either my house or work and they are all current in used game and movie prices.

[quote name='mogamer']Did you ever go to a Game Crazy when they were still open? Talk about YMMV deals. :bomb:

There were three of them close to my house and on more than one occasion each store was running a completely different deal. One store would be running the current promotion, another store would have the last promotion and the third was doing god knows what. And people wondered why they couldn't compete with Game Stop! :roll:

FV has been pretty good to me. There are iver locations close to either my house or work and they are all current in used game and movie prices.[/QUOTE]

I worked at gamecrazy for 2 years lol. A lot of the reason they didn't keep things current was they would tell us about these promotions and deals the morning they were active so very little/no time to prepare or plan for promotions. They were very poor about communicating to local stores, imo.

I have been going to this FV on and off for a few months and every time I've bought something it's because I've had to argue with the employees about the price - they have never had the accurate price stickers on.

Last time I was in there one of the employees basically snatched all the product from my hands while i was browsing to hassle me about if I had a membership or not. I asked that I wanted to price check some of the titles for sale and he promptly read off the sticker price and asked if I wanted to buy them or not. It was very unusual and rude. Maybe this store is just awful and full of shady employees, who knows.

[quote name='jer7583']I worked at gamecrazy for 2 years lol. A lot of the reason they didn't keep things current was they would tell us about these promotions and deals the morning they were active so very little/no time to prepare or plan for promotions. They were very poor about communicating to local stores, imo.

I have been going to this FV on and off for a few months and every time I've bought something it's because I've had to argue with the employees about the price - they have never had the accurate price stickers on.

Last time I was in there one of the employees basically snatched all the product from my hands while i was browsing to hassle me about if I had a membership or not. I asked that I wanted to price check some of the titles for sale and he promptly read off the sticker price and asked if I wanted to buy them or not. It was very unusual and rude. Maybe this store is just awful and full of shady employees, who knows.[/QUOTE]

That definitely seems uncharacteristic of family video. You must have a REALLY bad store that you're forced to deal with.

Stopped to check for any rental conversions last night. Noticed two copies of the Sabotour for PS3 with the R1G1 stickers on them. Did not see a price in the OP, would I be able to get one of them for $10?

Also checked the PS2 section for any rental conversions. An entire rack had been replaced with Wii games so apparently I missed out. Some of the games that I was watching that were gone include Xenosaga III and Samurai Western :bomb: none of which were converted a week or so ago. Of course they have and entire island full of sports games from about 2005 still available for rental. I was able to pick up a copy of Suikoden Tactics with manual for $4.95, unfortunatly it didn't come with the soundtrack.

[quote name='savagepastry']That definitely seems uncharacteristic of family video. You must have a REALLY bad store that you're forced to deal with.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. Family Video isn't a national chain and I've never found them to act like one, which is a very good thing. There must be a bad boss there making them unhappy or something. People I know who have gone through their application process say they're pretty stringent; an interview with the store manager, a second interview with the DM and then some sort of assessment. I have to believe if the clerks were just dicks they wouldn't have made it that far. I certainly didn't.

[quote name='Survivalism']I think you're right. Family Video isn't a national chain and I've never found them to act like one, which is a very good thing. There must be a bad boss there making them unhappy or something. People I know who have gone through their application process say they're pretty stringent; an interview with the store manager, a second interview with the DM and then some sort of assessment. I have to believe if the clerks were just dicks they wouldn't have made it that far. I certainly didn't.[/QUOTE]
They must not be that stringent. My store always has some people behind the desk more interested in chatting with each other or texting / updating facebook.

Dang ordered both Lost Planet 2 and Bioshock 2. Neither worked. :( Think I'll stick with my local stores from now on. The only reason I did the website was because I had that groupon. Went ahead and just emailed them. Is the return policy one you have to pay to send back or do they get you labels or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back