Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bravesfan25']Are people still playing Killzone 3 online?[/QUOTE]

It's been a couple months since I played, but there were plenty of people playing then. I had no trouble finding matches. It was quite fun too. A nice change of pace from COD and Battlefield.

alright, sorry about the lack of updating earlier in the week, but the reason was there wasn't any updates to report on, perhaps a last ditch update before the holidays fully kick in next week? I'll let you know if so.

Went in today and bought Killzone 3. I was so tempted to get Red Faction: Armageddon, but the lack of a manual made me decide against it. Transformers was marked $20. I didn't even think twice about it. Oh well, I don't think I would have bought it at $10 either way.

Can't wait for Resistance 3, Deus Ex, and Rage to drop to $10.

I can wait for Rage to drop to $10. Shouldn't be too long before that happens, right? Resistance 3 might be a buy right now though.

As always, thanks for the updates.

I'm thinking Resistance 3 will be $10 to $13 before too long, maybe elsewhere first. Rage has been $19 ps3/360 on Amazon for 3 or 4 days now and thats new and most likely still Anarchy edition. You might be able to catch a cheaper used title from the Warehouse, but hasn't been any really cheap Rage copies for a couple days.

okay, sorry to not post sooner, but just found out today because of holidays the weekly updates were late from the company, but they didn't have anything new to post anyhow, so hopefully next monday/tuesday there will be something of interest to put here...happy holidays everyone

I've been skipping this thread for months. Then 2 days ago I'm driving around and see a Family Video! I must have drove past it a 100 times and not noticed it. Nice to have another option. I think I'll give Killzone 3 a try for $10.
Thanks op.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, sorry for no updates last week. I wasn't able to get in contact with my...contacts due to busy holidays and all, so I am still waiting to hear back if there was any new updates last week, I don't think so though. Anyway here are the updates this week, sorry no price drops, just a bunch of additions that IMO should have been added a while ago, but at any rate here they are....let's hope for some drops next week to make up for it.

I love the website portion of this company and kills me how they lose money for 3-5 months then they update the website and i am in heaven for a month then another long hiatus. If it wasnt for the op i would forget all about the place... Shocked nothing during the holidays what a bad way to lose out on huge sales cause i know i would of tried to buy everything from the website over other sites like gf and such.

I've gotten some good deals from Family Video's website. Only one game came without the manual. The rest were complete and virtually flawless.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - I would be all over that but I haven't even played AC II or Brotherhood, nor will I anytime soon (despite owning both). With how Ubisoft is whoring this series out, Revelations will no doubt be $20 or less in a couple of months anyhow.

Thanks OP for keeping this updated. Some good deals on this.

[quote name='pwnthee']I've gotten some good deals from Family Video's website. Only one game came without the manual. The rest were complete and virtually flawless.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - I would be all over that but I haven't even played AC II or Brotherhood, nor will I anytime soon (despite owning both). With how Ubisoft is whoring this series out, Revelations will no doubt be $20 or less in a couple of months anyhow.

Thanks OP for keeping this updated. Some good deals on this.[/QUOTE]

The last 20 games about half had no manual for me which is odd... They used to almost always come with one until like 6 months ago it started to get less chance prob my ship location.

I love Family Video! I buy games in-store, opposed to online. As long as they have two copies in stock they will usually part with one of them. Thanks to this thread, I have schooled the employees on game markdowns.

I also love that they sell used movies (often a week or two after they come out) right off the shelf.
I picked up two rare movies in mint condition for $5.95 on DVD: Trollhunter and Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale. If you haven't seen either and like unique, dark-humor horror, check them out.

alright, updates are in for this week. Only 2 things, but I guess something is better than nothing...perhaps there are those few people who were counting down until FEAR 3 dropped again. Well until next time! Hope everyone's winters are going well.

[quote name='XT14']alright, updates are in for this week. Only 2 things, but I guess something is better than nothing...perhaps there are those few people who were counting down until FEAR 3 dropped again. Well until next time! Hope everyone's winters are going well.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the update. Fear is a good buy at that price. Gears 3 i probably wont pick up again until it eventually hits 10 as well.

We happen to have one B & M Family video in my entire area. I might make it by there tomorrow to see if they have FEAR 3 in stock. It's going for $20 new/complete on Amazon now, which makes me wonder if it's either already gotten a price drop to 20, or if some retailer I don't know about has it for $20. Anyhow, I'm too cheap to pay the $2 shipping on only this title, can't find another I want from Family Video.

That is all.

Any updates for this week? I'm heading into town tomorrow and it'd be really awesome if there was some awesome price drops. ;)

sorry, nothing new to report on this week apparently...you'd think with all those games coming out in November they'd need to clear some things out..but perhaps that's in their gameplan for next week? hard to say anymore

[quote name='J Rokk']I have sealed copies of Gears of War 3 for sale for only $30 shipped.

If anyone wants a copy feel free to drop me a PM. :)[/QUOTE]
And you're posting this here, why?
[quote name='Scorch']Op seems to be outdated, Rage was $9.99 at my store.. Picked one up[/QUOTE]

Awesome. For PS3, 360, or both? Either way, I'm definitely picking one up. I was just about to snag it for $17 at Gamestop yesterday. Glad I held off.

[quote name='Scorch']Op seems to be outdated, Rage was $9.99 at my store.. Picked one up[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? I am very tempted now to pick this up!

may have been a YMMV situation there as I don't recall hearing of a futher price drop on Rage just yet...it of course could have slipped through the cracks, so i'll see if I can't get some solid information on this one.

I miss familyvideo online ordering... They need to add some new blood or lower stuff by 50 cents per week/month to keep me checking like i used to. It feels most times its just the same thing for 1-3 months now. Thanks for keeping us updated i just hope they start doing it at least once a month min.

The copy of Rage I got was for XBox 360. It was marked. I don't think it's YMMV, my store is usually way behind on pricing used games.

[quote name='Scorch']The copy of Rage I got was for XBox 360. It was marked. I don't think it's YMMV, my store is usually way behind on pricing used games.[/QUOTE]

Just checked, and it was mis-marked by your store, so you just got lucky :cool: sorry for others but it is still sitting at 19.95 as the word down from corporate.

Anyway, in other news, updates are in, a reasonably decent list too with something at about every price point updated.

[quote name='XT14']Just checked, and it was mis-marked by your store, so you just got lucky :cool: sorry for others but it is still sitting at 19.95 as the word down from corporate.[/QUOTE]

Weird. It scanned at $9.99, the guy had commented about how surprised he was that it was so cheap and that he had sold a few that morning. I'd have a hard time believing it was YMMV.. my store rarely even updates to regular prices, much less have YMMV deals.

My rental copy didn't have stickers around the center, either. I was super excited about that.

Uhh.. okay.. maybe it is starting to become super YMMV or I've been getting lucky or some sort of amazing cheap shenanigans have been going on.. but I just picked up a copy of :360: NFS: The Run for $9.95. All the other things were priced as they were listed in the OP, but there were two rental copies of The Run, and one was marked $9.95. I fully expected to get shot down at the counter, but I got it. Super excited!

Checked at a store by me but Rage was still $19.95. Didn't have the clerk ring it up. He just looked on a printout and said it was still that price.

[quote name='Scorch']Uhh.. okay.. maybe it is starting to become super YMMV or I've been getting lucky or some sort of amazing cheap shenanigans have been going on.. but I just picked up a copy of :360: NFS: The Run for $9.95. All the other things were priced as they were listed in the OP, but there were two rental copies of The Run, and one was marked $9.95. I fully expected to get shot down at the counter, but I got it. Super excited![/QUOTE]

I confirmed with one of my old manager friends that the op is still correct. As for your buys good deal but watch out because its obviously either an employee or a customer that is stickering things incorrectly. What will most likely happen is that one of these times someone is going to accuse you of being the one thats doing it. The computer will come up at the correct price but its as simple as hitting enter and tab to change the price and so most employee's will just do that if it doesn't match thinking the computer is outdated.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']LA Noire is $19.99 used online, unless there's a code I'm unaware of or it went back up.[/QUOTE]

Drops update in store on Monday, online updates on Wednesday.

Alright, to address a few things.
Scorch: Yes you have been getting lucky. Ride it out I suppose. If the employees aren't realizing that they are selling you the games at the incorrect prices, or they are marking them wrong..that isn't exactly your fault there. Just as stated above..chances are very high that when the item is scanned in it is coming up as a higher price and the employee is changing it to match the sticker. Depending on frequency and how strict their district manager is, the issue may be addressed eventually. But enjoy it while it lasts I say!

As far as the online price for L.A. Noire, I appreciate it being pointed out that online stuff updates on Wednesday, but this was one of those situations where unfortunately that Wednesday update never came....and they were doing so good again *sigh*

Lastly there are no new updates this week so hopefully the company takes the time to update the prices online that should have been updated last week. We shall see.

At any rate, see you next week with some hopeful new updates/price drops

I'm not stickering anything. I wouldn't do something stupid like that. I see them marked $9.95 on the shelf, I grab them. The bottom of the sticker on NFS The Run looked like it may have been originally placed on something else, I don't know. Like I said, I just see it on the shelf like that and grab it.

What's weird, though, is that I've been shot down before if something was mismarked. It would've been no problem if he had said "this is actually $29.99". I would've said "Oh, nevermind then".

This was the only copy of The Run for sale. With Rage, there were at least 3 other copies marked at $9.95 (all are gone now). Also, Rage's Anarchy Edition code and NFS: The Run's online pass were included and still valid :D

[quote name='Scorch']I'm not stickering anything. I wouldn't do something stupid like that. I see them marked $9.95 on the shelf, I grab them. The bottom of the sticker on NFS The Run looked like it may have been originally placed on something else, I don't know. Like I said, I just see it on the shelf like that and grab it.

What's weird, though, is that I've been shot down before if something was mismarked. It would've been no problem if he had said "this is actually $29.99". I would've said "Oh, nevermind then".

This was the only copy of The Run for sale. With Rage, there were at least 3 other copies marked at $9.95 (all are gone now). Also, Rage's Anarchy Edition code and NFS: The Run's online pass were included and still valid :D[/QUOTE]

Ya I wasn't saying it was you more then likely though its an employee that can't read and sticker at the same time so he chooses just to sticker. What I was getting at though is if their selling them to you under your rental account and not just the stores sale account they might end up placing a note on your account accusing you of being the one doing it. I used to see dozens of accounts that were noted not to sell items to if the price sticker didn't match exactly what came up on the computer. Some District managers are real sticklers and have called customers before to inform them that they were aware of what they were doing and not to try doing it again. All of this of course being based on if some employee was stickering stuff incorrectly but no one ever bothering to look and see if the current list matches whats for sale to see if its an internal vs external problem.

On a happier note did you get two anarchy codes and want to share lol

I called my local store trying to find Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. They didn't have it, but is there any way another store can mail it to mine or something for me to buy it?

[quote name='NeuralFizz']I called my local store trying to find Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. They didn't have it, but is there any way another store can mail it to mine or something for me to buy it?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. While yes it is possible for the store to do that it's more likely a no because it would require work and communication from one store to another. Store managers are paid based off how much their store brings in every month and some store managers would rather get $.25 more in their paycheck then send the product to another store to make a customer happy. After all your not their customer so it's not helping them out.

Ask the clerk to do a search in their district to see if any of the surrounding stores have a copy for sale. If they say they can't do that they are lieing. If they say there is a store with some for sale ask if they can have it rotated to your store so that you can purchase it. Might take them a couple weeks but the DM should bring it from one store to the next.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']I called my local store trying to find Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. They didn't have it, but is there any way another store can mail it to mine or something for me to buy it?[/QUOTE]

yah it really depends on the employee there. Of course if your store is fairly helpful just ask them. The worst they could say is no. Also if you are close to the store you would probably have the most luck stopping in to ask. Employees can easily tell you no on the phone if they are busy, but in person they may feel more inclined to search other stores inventory. This is the case I have found when dealing with wal-mart/bestbuy/etc.

In other news...sorry another week lacking updates...will be back next week with hopefully good news.

Nice to see Saint's Row up there, but still a bit too rich for my blood. I may have to bite at $30 though. I was hoping to see more drops as opposed to new additions entirely. Rage, Resistance 3, and a few others dropping would've made my day.

As always, thanks for the update.

it seems another week gone by without...hopefully prepping for a lot of updates next week? At any rate, will let you know next monday night/tuesday as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back