Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='neocisco']Logic and reasoning is wasted on that one. Zealots have no use for these things.[/QUOTE]

Awwe. All you do is comment about me when you apparently can't see my posts. So sad to see you defending a site that is dead as a door nail. Keep trying to get new members so you can use up all your points before they go bye bye.

[quote name='neocisco']I bet he's responding to me again. Man, I love the ignore feature. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I just wish that more people in this particular thread would use it.:D

Thanks goodness for Sears clearance games. Might have to be my source for future games, since I can't seem to move up in line for several in my queue now.

What...the...fuck?!

Not sure why I was freaking out, but that link tells you you have to be a registered user. Not exactly sure what it is supposed to tell us.

Now it says "Page request error."

Trades have dipped to 1298.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/dialogs/goozexfeedbackhistory.asp?mode=B&id=6242999730014

Yeah... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Was his quote directed at me? If so, I'd like to see him provide actual evidence that I defend the site. Doubtful, since proof doesn't get in the way of petty people trying to push their opinion. I still use the site but defend it? Hardly. They've made a string of mistakes and it's been "run" by people who clearly weren't willing to do any actual work to maintain and improve the site. That doesn't mean that the concept is flawed. The execution of said concept is where the problem lies.

@shieryda: the link was broken by the CAG auto-hyperlinking so I've fixed it now. It's just my received trades list -- which is almost entirely made up of things I've received since he started his record-skipping comments.

@neocisco: I don't think he even directed it at any one person, more like a general thing. The broken record routine is entertaining me so I'll leave him unblocked and translate when necessary... though I'm sure you can guess what he'll say next.

[quote name='neocisco']Logic and reasoning is wasted on that one. Zealots have no use for these things.[/QUOTE]
I think that idiot has been at it for several years now of "Goozex is doom". Like most in here, I have him on ignore.

Even if it is doomed, I'm still receiving titles for cheap. Copies of Uncharted 2, Valkrye Chronicles, and Resonance of Fate all last month ^_^

Just ignore him....he's angry a trade went bad and it didnt go well in his favor. I've thought about trading at GameTZ but I have a feeling things wouldn't go so well.

[quote name='Shinoto']I think that idiot has been at it for several years now of "Goozex is doom". Like most in here, I have him on ignore.

Even if it is doomed, I'm still receiving titles for cheap. Copies of Uncharted 2, Valkrye Chronicles, and Resonance of Fate all last month ^_^[/QUOTE]

Trades now under 1,300.

Everything is fine folks. The news about Goozex being bought out by a penny stock company has really helped.

Don't worry - I hear Circuit City is looking into Goozex.

[quote name='Shinoto']I think that idiot has been at it for several years now of "Goozex is doom". Like most in here, I have him on ignore.

Even if it is doomed, I'm still receiving titles for cheap. Copies of Uncharted 2, Valkrye Chronicles, and Resonance of Fate all last month ^_^[/QUOTE]

Woah! Uncharted 2?!?! Man, you are soooo lucky to get a game only 2 years old! I mean, who cares if it's $20 new at Amazon, you got it for only 500 points (or $25 in Goozex money plus a $2 trade token). Such a steal. Man, you must be so happy. How many games did you send out to get that? How much in shipping did you spend? Man. I hope sme day I can get a (used) 2 year old game from Goozex just like you.

I'm glad the condition of games I was receiving from Goozex were awful, otherwise I would have stayed on the site. Thank you awful Goozex traders for getting me off a train wreck.

[quote name='Squarehard']I'm glad the condition of games I was receiving from Goozex were awful, otherwise I would have stayed on the site. Thank you awful Goozex traders for getting me off a train wreck.[/QUOTE]

The best thing now is that for the price of a PS3 Greatest hit title you can actually own 10% of Goozex!

[quote name='GizmoGC']The best thing now is that for the price of a PS3 Greatest hit title you can actually own 10% of Goozex![/QUOTE]

Nice! That's like 10% of a dollar. Score!

My buddy and I both got matched for the same game on the same day (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit). Hopefully, there are still some people playing it online.

[quote name='Trakan']If you're going to troll, just stay out of the thread.[/QUOTE]

So the 'Official Goozex thread' can only be used to discuss positive things at Goozex and not anything else? Well ain't that wonderful. Goozex is undergoing major changes and might not be around much longer, but nahh, lets not warn anyone. Good call! Calling people idiots and such is alright in this thread (as long as they

I think discussing things in a rational way is fine. Remember the internet is serious business.......

Honestly none of us know what's going to happen with Goozex. Granted I'm sure some of us would like to see the site survive and move forward. The best way to use Goozex and I still stand by this today, is as a site to supplement your gaming habit and not depend on it entirely. I think looking back over the last 4 years I spent $150 to ship stuff to Goozex and almost all the games I sent out were picked up dirt cheap. So maybe $300 total, and I've gotten a ton of stuff.

I don't think I ever depended on Goozex even when I did use it heavily. It was just one of those sites as you've said, should be a supplement, but the way the system worked out, and just the inconsistencies in how quality was gauged and maintained in my experience, it just wasn't worth it to do it anymore. Also after awhile they stopped running in and all promotions and I just felt there was no need to really come back.

Goozex + CAG (deals) has always been the combo for me.

In my opinion, to use goozex effectively you have to have a backlog of games.

[quote name='antlp89']In my opinion, to use goozex effectively you have to have a backlog of games.[/QUOTE]

I concur. That's my situation.

Got matched for another game today, but values on a lot of the other games in my queue went up again. I expect to see an increase in most of them until someone starts offering these games/trading them out again.:cry:

Goozex has really gone to shit.

Just boosted my point total, my games got snatched up but my requests queue is not moving.

That's it, Goozex is done. I'm probably out about 10 bucks and that's fine.

The owners stopped caring and now I've stopped caring. If I can cash out, fine. If not, fine.

BUT fuck GOOZEX

Maybe it's because I don't usually venture afield of my subscribed threads, but I haven't seen such ridiculous and misinformed rage on CAG in awhiles.

[quote name='dfg']Maybe it's because I don't usually venture afield of my subscribed threads, but I haven't seen such ridiculous and misinformed rage on CAG in awhiles.[/QUOTE]

How so? Trades are down drastically. The site is being sold to a penny stock company. The "owners" have disappeared.

Not sure how anyone is on a misinformed rage. Unless you mean the apologists who are trying to convince people to stay at Goozex so they can selfishly use their points up.

[quote name='GizmoGC']How so? Trades are down drastically. The site is being sold to a penny stock company. The "owners" have disappeared.

Not sure how anyone is on a misinformed rage. Unless you mean the apologists who are trying to convince people to stay at Goozex so they can selfishly use their points up.[/QUOTE]
I don't have any points to use, and I still say all the rage is a bit ridiculous.

Just got matched for 2 games...now down to 250 pts and 0 tokens. Time to take a break from Goozex until the new owners decide what they are going to do. I hopefully, it makes a comeback, because it used to be a fantastic resource for used games.

Man, I haven't gotten matched for anything in over 2 and a half months with 250+ items active... I got a few decent items for a stretch and was hoping it would steadily continue but guess not.

[quote name='Vinny']Man, I haven't gotten matched for anything in over 2 and a half months with 250+ items active... I got a few decent items for a stretch and was hoping it would steadily continue but guess not.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's bad. I think I threw my games into a black hole last week, this sucks because I don't know where I can find a good place to trade anymore. I'm only interested in a few games, next time I think I'll give Amazon deals another chance.

Yeah I rarely get matched for requests anymore. I'm just hoping to dwindle my points down eventually and have started just selling games on the Amazon marketplace after beating them. Games tend to sll quickly there if you price them low, and it's still a good deal more than you'd get trading them in to Amazon or Gamestop.

I prefer just getting cash too as I'm not that into gaming these days and am just trying to clear out the backlog slowly.

My advice to everyone: stop trading into Goozex.

There is a run on the bank, the pyramid scheme is starting to crumble.

If you have to, take a few quarters from Gamestop, a tiny amount of cold hard cash is better then a bunch of points worth nothing.

Got matched for Crysis 2 yesterday. Down to my last token, but I still have quite a few points. Let it ride (and buy a few more tokens)?

I usually don't finish games that quickly, so any that I do may get sold through other outlets.

My plan is to flip games for points IF Goozex turns itself around.

Third time getting matched for The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition. Unlike the other two, this guy confirmed shipping - but no tracking. Odd on a 1000 point game, no? His feedback is stellar, though, so hopefully in a few days...

This is my second time getting matched for Mortal Kombat, but there's an hour left, and the guy still hasn't accepted the trade. Doesn't look like this is going to happen.

I've actually gone backwards on all my lists?? I was in position 22 and 15 on bunch of stuff now I'm 24 and about 18 on everything. I haven't gotten anything but a DVD and Bulletstorm in the last two to three months.

Someone remind me, after a person has their game matched without responding 2 times, that's when the system automatically puts their game on their hold list, right?

For months now, I've been receiving Goozex's e-mail telling me my requested item (Spider-Man 2 on DVD) is available, and to activate it now. I finally did so a few days ago, and I'm currently on my third match -- *every* one of them so far has let it time out, and this one is on course to do the same thing. If you're not going to accept, at least have the decency to decline the trade so I can move on to someone else :roll:

bread's done
Back