Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

Odd question. If a game does a system timeout for feedback, does anyone know if the graphic for that game will still show up in the sig (like mine below)?

[quote name='neocisco']Odd question. If a game does a system timeout for feedback, does anyone know if the graphic for that game will still show up in the sig (like mine below)?[/QUOTE]

i'm almost 100% positive it will

I was matched for another game this morning but the guy hasn't traded since 2008 so I'm not holding my breath. :)

[quote name='myl0r']i'm almost 100% positive it will[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Well I've started trading games into Amazon. I want to get money back while they are still newish. I've got over 2000 points with Goozex and until I start spending that down I'm not trading anything else into the site.

BTW during this whole doom storm the daily trade counter has suspiciously been hovering above 1200. I heard a rumor that the trade number is a lie, does anyone know the truth?

[quote name='camoor']BTW during this whole doom storm the daily trade counter has suspiciously been hovering above 1200. I heard a rumor that the trade number is a lie, does anyone know the truth?[/QUOTE]
That's ridiculous. If it was a lie, why have it drop all the way to 1200 before intervening? Why not make it slowly rise back up to 2000 or so?

I'm not sure what someone's basis would be for thinking the 1200 mark is suspicious. That's actually very low compared to the various points the trades have been at in the last year. There are always going to be some people who are so pathetic that they have nothing better to do than to put their efforts into running down a website. Thankfully that nonsense has been put to a stop in this thread.

I regret checking goozex for games I was taking to Goodwill. Now I realize I'll have to spend $5 shipping on two games to get 200 points, when I have 0 tokens, and my trade list cleared from inactivity. Tempted to back out.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']That's ridiculous. If it was a lie, why have it drop all the way to 1200 before intervening? Why not make it slowly rise back up to 2000 or so?[/QUOTE]

No idea - it's just a rumor with no evidence. That's why I asked.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K'][quote name='camoor']BTW during this whole doom storm the daily trade counter has suspiciously been hovering above 1200. I heard a rumor that the trade number is a lie, does anyone know the truth?[/QUOTE]That's ridiculous. If it was a lie, why have it drop all the way to 1200 before intervening? Why not make it slowly rise back up to 2000 or so?[/QUOTE]
last year when Goozex had the free ipad contest, they stated there were 10000+ entries. with the number of trades going on then, that number did not seem near possible. (I did some math and have a daily recording of the trade counter dating back to January 2011) They would have had near 5000 postcard entries. this lead me to say the trade counter was broken.

[quote name='neocisco']Is it possible to gift tokens?[/QUOTE]
not really. you can buy someone a token gift card, but i'm pretty sure that's not what you're asking

[quote name='devyanks90']not really. you can buy someone a token gift card, but i'm pretty sure that's not what you're asking[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was wondering if it's possible for one member to give another member one of their tokens.

[quote name='devyanks90']last year when Goozex had the free ipad contest, they stated there were 10000+ entries. with the number of trades going on then, that number did not seem near possible. (I did some math and have a daily recording of the trade counter dating back to January 2011) They would have had near 5000 postcard entries. this lead me to say the trade counter was broken.

not really. you can buy someone a token gift card, but i'm pretty sure that's not what you're asking[/QUOTE]
I may be misunderstanding, but wouldn't that be a good thing if you were expecting 5,000 trades and instead learned that there were 10,000?

I wasn't active for the iPad contest; in fact, this is the first time I've heard it mentioned. Not knowing what the requirements were but remembering Goozex's Xbox 360 S contest that happened a year and a half ago, what are the chances that a whole bunch of CAGs and SDs made fake accounts/trades just to enter?

I am giving my Goozex account (1 trade token, 850 points) for any of these:

SSFIV Complete Ultra Costume Pack
UMvC3 Complete Costume Pack
Walking Dead season pass
SF3: Online Edition DLC color packs
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
Virtua Fighter 5 Complete Bundle
Guilty Gear Accent Core +

They dipped just below 1200 within the last couple of weeks at one point.

I have one game coming in and will be sending one out in the next couple of days. It's certainly a trickle but I'm at least getting a little something for games that would be literally thrown away if they were at GS.

Since my PS3 hard drive is almost full (down to 14 GB), I decided to request the Xbox 360 version of games on Goozex to use up the points and get rid of the PS3 versions I currently own.

Currently the only title available for me is Ninja Gaiden, but I hope some wrestling games show up as they are 3-4 gigs each for saves alone.

I had a :ps2: game offer last week that I forgot to confirm on. Not sure if it's worth the $1.50 in postage since I don't forsee myself getting a return on the points any time soon.

i had about 8000 points a month, month and 1/2 ago. I opened up all of my requests just to get something and not get fucked over and lose out on my points. I'm down to 550 now and got some decent additions to my PS3 collection.

Down to 3 tokens and 3000 points. Don't know if I'll refill either. Goozex has been pretty kind toe here in the last month though. No matches but work some avialible now games and movies.

Got confirmation that Lego Batman 2 for PS3 is going to be sent out to me soon. I'm happy to see it was traded so quickly. I guess that was a good use of an early access token. A buddy of mine used an early access token for Ninja Gaiden 3 for Xbox 360, he was first in line...and he still is...shit hasn't traded yet.

Update from Goozex mgmt.

zannabianca Posted: 06-28-2012 6:38 PM
Hello all,

I know that in recent weeks there has been quite some "guessing" regarding the future of Goozex. Many of you have followed the news since last February when an acquisition of Goozex first leaked, and then was confirmed by the Goozex management.

We have not shared much updates for the same reasons we could not leak the announcement: our agreement is protected by NDA. I understand this has caused frustration and wild "guessing' and all this goes against the interests of Goozex and its community.

We have been working behind the scenes (hard working) to make this opportunity a reality. The discussions around the acquisition have gone on for much longer than anyone expected. It's not the fault of anyone, but the reality of facts. We are now approaching the final stages of the deal, and hopefully we should be able to announce the good new in the next few weeks.

I cannot promise things beyond my control, but I know we are all working hard to close on this deal. Having contributed to build Goozex and its community, I share the frustration with many of you. I'd like to see Goozex move forward, grow, develop the long-awaited features, and dominate the video game market :) This is still the plan and the Goozex management hopes to put it into execution as soon as the acquisition completes. With renewed funds, energy and ideas Goozex will be able to resume its activities, expand in new markets, and win back your confidence.

[quote name='camoor']Update from Goozex mgmt.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a pretty typical "we swear we're doing something that will fix everything... maybe" type of response. Even with the NDA, they could easily let people know how talks are going for the past few months. Remaining completely silent hurt them more than anything because it made people think the site was being abandoned.

I want the service to thrive again but... I just can't trust anything from Goozex's old or new management, and I doubt a vast majority of the users who left will bother coming back. I doubt it'll recover (but am hoping it does since it was such an awesome service at its prime).

[quote name='Vinny']Sounds like a pretty typical "we swear we're doing something that will fix everything... maybe" type of response. Even with the NDA, they could easily let people know how talks are going for the past few months. Remaining completely silent hurt them more than anything because it made people think the site was being abandoned.

I want the service to thrive again but... I just can't trust anything from Goozex's old or new management, and I doubt a vast majority of the users who left will bother coming back. I doubt it'll recover (but am hoping it does since it was such an awesome service at its prime).[/QUOTE]

Yeah - it doesn't make sense to me that the sale of the site has anything to do with the wonky point totals of games, the resultant inflation, and the inability to get the trades and the overall goozex market out of the tailspin that it's currently in.

I'm not sure what they could do to get me to start trading again short of getting some of my requests filled.

It took a while but one of my requests was matched and shipped: Manhunt for PS2. It was only 100 points but I'll take it.

I'll take any update over no update.Also, I'm surprised the number of trades didn't increase since the summer has begun (they are about to drop below 1000).

Don't know if I'm lucky or if the summer surge has kicked in, but I'm currently matched for 7 games.

Hopefully this is a sign that people are starting to trade more. Gives me incentive to trade more myself. :)

Got an email saying due to inactivity all my requests/offers have been placed on hold. And if i don't login soon, they will all be deleted. Woo.

That's what is killing me. I have 200 points and 1 trade token. I can't find anything for the few consoles I own that's "worth" 200 points to me that I don't already own (and I'm not being overly picky - there is barely shit out there for non-360/PS3 consoles if you go back a few pages and look at the counts myself and someone else did). If I had another trade token I'd try to get some 100 point games if anyone would actually ship them off.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Can't you buy 1 trade token at a time? I'm not sure I want to buy 3 trade tokens given I have only 300 points.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']^ Lol I just came in here to ask the same question... I have 450 points and don't want to buy 3 trade tokens, is there really no way to buy 1?[/QUOTE]

If you can play for at least an hour in their weekly Goozex Game Night they will award you 1 trade token for participating.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got an email saying due to inactivity all my requests/offers have been placed on hold. And if i don't login soon, they will all be deleted. Woo.[/QUOTE]

They're punishing you for not being able to get any games?;)

[quote name='shieryda']They're punishing you for not being able to get any games?;)[/QUOTE]

Seems to happen when an account isn't logged into at least once in about 60 days, or at least that's what I can determine based on posts in their forum when it happens to others. The vacation mode is what should be used otherwise.

I guess it's supposed to be a 'feature' that prevents scamming but I'm not sure it's very effective.

I would think that it helps to prevent matchups that never get responded to which would delay the buyer getting a game sent to them.

I mentioned it before but does anyone know how I can fix my Goozex sig so it updates when I send and receive games?

Whats the deal with Goozex? I unexpectedly had to work out of town for a few weeks, and missed out on some trades, got my account locked due to the timeouts.... I've been emailing [email protected] and [email protected] and never get and answers back. I had a great feedback with no negs, and 100s of trades....

anyone know of another route to take to contact them?

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Whats the deal with Goozex? I unexpectedly had to work out of town for a few weeks, and missed out on some trades, got my account locked due to the timeouts.... I've been emailing [email protected] and [email protected] and never get and answers back. I had a great feedback with no negs, and 100s of trades....

anyone know of another route to take to contact them?[/QUOTE]

Id post in the forums over there and see if you can get a mod to flag your request and take care of it

Things are starting to move a little. Trades are going up. Im down to 600 points. Guess I'll have to send some things out again. Hopefully it gets going again.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']If you can play for at least an hour in their weekly Goozex Game Night they will award you 1 trade token for participating.[/QUOTE]

Hmm yeah I looked into that but I usually only play sports games and there aren't that many GGNs for that. Anyway, do you know if they have discounts/sales to purchase tokens?

[quote name='kube00']Id post in the forums over there and see if you can get a mod to flag your request and take care of it[/QUOTE]

Yeah tried that, but it won't let me log into the forums either....

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Yeah tried that, but it won't let me log into the forums either....[/QUOTE]

It's a catch 22 if you're trying to get a hold of a moderator and can't log in to send them messages... I suggest making another account and sending PMs to the moderators with your details (username from the locked account, the e-mail address you sent correspondence from and the e-mail address you sent your correspondence to).

The most active ones are mafafu, Mechazawa005 and cheeznrice. I think taintedzodiac is as well but he's been less active.

Manhunt arrived in near mint condition even though I didn't request full package ( I usually select game and manual). Funny how my signature didn't update showing that.

I just requested the movie Stan Hellsing which I originally bought at a Blockbuster Video going out of business sale. Turns out the disc doesn't work so I just requested it as disc only. That makes 7 items I am first in line for.

Man, I'm amazed to see trades actually up by roughly 150.

And I actually gt matched for Sly Collection but I forgot to turn on vacation mode so I had to leave feedback once the feedback showed that it was being held at the post office since I wouldn't get back until after the trade expired. Hopefully it's in good shape- it was from a reputable seller.

bread's done
Back