Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

Yeah, it's weird at first but as long as you have a token in your account, it's no problem. I refilled my tokens to 10 since I just ran out after winning yet another Exchange auction 20 minutes ago.  That brings me to 4 games in two weeks.

I decided to try the Exchange as a seller and put up Gun (PS2) starting at 150 points, a 50 point increase from the 100 points it's available at as a normal trade.  With 24 hours until it ends, the highest bid right now is at 350 points. Score!

BTW, there are over 1,700 trades going on right now.

I haven't been active lately on Goozex (about a year) but thought I might want to trade a few 360 games for 3DS games.  I put up the 360 games and then realized that they have 0 3DS games.  What is going on?  Is Goozex dead?

Right now available on 3DS: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011, and Resident Evil: Revelations. All available right now via the Exchange. http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/changeproducts.asp?platform=212

Instant trading-wise there is nothing, but if you check "Recently Traded" for 3DS there are two pages worth of results.

Goozex is far from dead. I got Planet Terror and the first Assassin's Creed coming to me, and I sent out Duke Nukem Forever and the Excel Saga DVD series to get over 3,000 points.

At the current rate, the Exchange service is getting me an item every 1-2 weeks.  

I like the auctions better than the old instant trading mainly because it is more realistic about worth of a game.  COD barely gets 50-100 points but a rare game now can be traded for thousands of points instead of the past 1000 max.

Still doing well over at Goozex by receiving Black Ops 2, Planet Terror (DVD), and Dynasty Warriors 6. I also have Dance Central on the way.

Currently at 850 points.

Got Dance Central with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 on the way. Sent in some titles and got 300 points. I have two auctions going and I'm at 1,500 points in under 24 hours.

This was posted at VGFive:

Goozex Update.

Our hosting company Rackspace has pulled the plug on our servers. This includes website and email. We are working hard to get things back online. We will update you as new information becomes available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Goozex

This was posted at VGFive:

Goozex Update.

Our hosting company Rackspace has pulled the plug on our servers. This includes website and email. We are working hard to get things back online. We will update you as new information becomes available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Goozex
Somebody forgot to pay the bill.

At least they didn't say they were shutting down.

I have 2 trades in limbo, so hope they're back up soon. Seems like it could be a big mess, especially with all the exchange auctions. Glad I cashed down my points.

Just tried to log in to leave feedback on a recent trade - hope they get back up soon - it was a rare game and I'd like the other guy to get his points.

I just got a sweet , brand new copy of Arkham Origins from a returning goozer who hadn't been active on the site since 2010. I promised him a tip. I wonder if the trade will time out before the site is back online. Oh well, I suppose I can email goozex when they get back online and make sure this fellow is rewarded for an outstanding trade. I like to encourage returning users and noobz alike.

@Tumbler360

It was a standard queue trade. I have his mailing address. I have half a mind just to send that dude some money and be done with it. From what I've read on the vgfive forums things are not looking good.

Never thought I'd have to post in this thread again but with goozex being down this is one of the only place to keep a dialogue about the situation. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just trying to see if they were picking up at all or doing PS4 or XBoxOne trades.  Couldn't find anything out there on why they are down till this thread.

2 days later still off line sounds like they didn't pay the bill and either can't or won't.  Shame I liked that place a lot a few years ago.

I have 2 trades in limbo, so hope they're back up soon. Seems like it could be a big mess, especially with all the exchange auctions. Glad I cashed down my points.
well looking at your sig, it appears that they paid for the server that hosts the goozex forum signature banners

a web hosting place like this doesn't "close' at all.  the problem is obviously with goozex, if it isn't obvious enough with the site being down, and management being silent, it is when you read their last news release.

So has anyone seen this?:

NEW YORK, Dec. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bay Acquisition Corp. (OTCBB:SLGI) filed a lawsuit in Supreme Court of the State of New York against Meyers Associates, L.P. for Breach of Contract, Tortuous Interference with Contractual Relationships, Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing, Fraud, Constructive Fraud, Negligent Misrepresentation, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Specific Performance, in the amount exceeding Ten Million ($10,000,000) Dollars.

Over $250,000 of capital raised for Bay Acquisition's business operations is being held in escrow by the refusal of Mr. Raana Kahn, Executive Vice President of Meyers Associates, to release the funds to the Company or to release them back to the investors. These funds are critical to Bay Acquisition's continued operations of its website Goozex.com and VGFive.com.

For more information please contact Paul Goodman of Cyruli Shanks Hart & Zizmor, LLP at (212) 661-6800.
Sounds like Goozex literally doesn't have the money to pay the bills. Looking at the domain's WHOIS info, November/December is the creation date so it's likely that the end of the calendar year would probably be the time period when the corresponding hosting bills would become due.

In its heyday it was a godsend. I used the heck out of it and got so much great stuff. I almost liked it more as a way of getting rid of stuff and getting the most value while doing so. I miss it terribly.

At this point I'll be happy just to see the site back up but I'm certainly not holding my breath.  I've done OK in the last year, especially considering the fraction of trades they've had going compared to the salad days.

That sucks... hope people were able to clear out their points. I was down to 1200 and 2 tokens I think. I almost sent out another game but glad I didn't. 

I would imagine VGFive is gonna die soon so... 

man.. been trying to access the site for a few days now to report a trade i never received but havent been able to get the site to come up... i guess that explains it...

I was at, I think, around 2000 points and around 10 tokens.  The biggest problem, if it is gone, for me, is that,like a dumb ass, I was using it to keep track of what I needed.  My collection is in, um, let's say disarray, and if it doesn't come back up, I've pretty much totally ****ed myself.  Sorting out what I need of everything but Criterion (which thankfully I have a current, separate list) is going to be one hell of a bitch.  I'm hoping it comes back up, but the longer it's down, the more it's going to harm it's future viability if it does.

If Goozex goes then unfortunately we have to assume VGFive goes with it since Goozex owns them...and since their domain name is up for renewal later this month the demise of VGFive might be quite soon unfortunately.

I figured they would be back up this week since many businesses were closed during the past two holiday weeks. Since VGFive might be going too, I requested three games to bring my points down to 50. If you guys have points there, check it out because there are quite a lot of games left.

Would be a shame if Goozex really is gone. Their exchange program has been terrific for me as I was getting stuff every month (I was set to win Metal Gear Rising next). I also was ready to place feedback for another game I received last week. 

I don't even need to say anything.
Oh boy Got a question GizmoGC, have you tried 99gamers yet? If so I was curious what you thought of it.

Just goes to show that with any site you should keep your virtual currency balance low.... Ive got a ton of tokens but hardly any points

I'm not the idiot that kept using a site that was clear years ago was going to stop shop and screw people over.

How's it feel losing all those "points" and "tokens"?

I'm not the idiot that kept using a site that was clear years ago was going to stop shop and screw people over.

How's it feel losing all those "points" and "tokens"?
So how intense was your orgasm when you discovered goozex went down? Is your computer screen okay? Were you feverishly checking goozex for years hoping it will finally 404, marking each day on your calendar, setting your alarm clock at a specific time of the day as a reminder. Are you going to have a big party for this big day of yours? I mean it's such a monumental moment in your life, it needs to be celebrated. I bet you smiled when Bambi's mom died.

I and many other former Goozers/VG5ers are taking the Leap to LEAPTRADE. It is a great time to sign up since they are giving a $5 BONUS just for signing up, another $5 BONUS for sending out your 1st trade and an additional $5 BONUS for each referral.

Please use my referral link here:

http://www.leaptrade.com/pages/home/showregister:1/referrer:murg75

Just got this Awesome message from LEAPTRADE:

We’ve all heard about the trouble that Goozex is having. While we don’t know what happened to them, we know that it's been rough on you guys, and we want to do something to help. You’re a gamer, we're gamers, you love to trade games, we love to trade games. That makes you family. As a gesture from us to welcome you guys to the Leaptrade community, we are going to give you your next 4 trade-in’s for only 40 cents shipping each. Think of it like pouring a 40oz on the street of gaming for our fallen comrades.

We understand you may be a little gun shy. We get that, and we will stick around, listen, and help make Leaptrade feel like home.

So, how do you get in on all this cheap shipping? Step 1, if you got this message on Leaptrade, you’re done, we already set you up for the 40 cent shipping. For everyone else, just send Leaptrade a message, or email us at [email protected], show us your Goozex or VGFive cred and we’ll take care of the rest.

Make sure to spread the word and tell your friends, anyone we missed or didn’t message yet. That is, unless they're loaded and have a gold plated Nintendo in a display case, then they've got money to burn. The Leaptrade Team

Yeah I decided to give Leaptrade a shot because of the promotion. The website looks a lot more cleaner than goozex in my opinion. 

I and many other former Goozers/VG5ers are taking the Leap to LEAPTRADE. It is a great time to sign up since they are giving a $5 BONUS just for signing up, another $5 BONUS for sending out your 1st trade and an additional $5 BONUS for each referral.

Please use my referral link here:

http://www.leaptrade.com/pages/home/showregister:1/referrer:murg75

Just got this Awesome message from LEAPTRADE:

We’ve all heard about the trouble that Goozex is having. While we don’t know what happened to them, we know that it's been rough on you guys, and we want to do something to help. You’re a gamer, we're gamers, you love to trade games, we love to trade games. That makes you family. As a gesture from us to welcome you guys to the Leaptrade community, we are going to give you your next 4 trade-in’s for only 40 cents shipping each. Think of it like pouring a 40oz on the street of gaming for our fallen comrades.

We understand you may be a little gun shy. We get that, and we will stick around, listen, and help make Leaptrade feel like home.

So, how do you get in on all this cheap shipping? Step 1, if you got this message on Leaptrade, you’re done, we already set you up for the 40 cent shipping. For everyone else, just send Leaptrade a message, or email us at [email protected], show us your Goozex or VGFive cred and we’ll take care of the rest.

Make sure to spread the word and tell your friends, anyone we missed or didn’t message yet. That is, unless they're loaded and have a gold plated Nintendo in a display case, then they've got money to burn. The Leaptrade Team
May give them a try but after being burned with goozex for year now.. im a bit hesitant.

Does it work the same way? Seems like they handle the postage??

And is goozez officially dead? Guessing we are screwed out of points and in progress trades?

May give them a try but after being burned with goozex for year now.. im a bit hesitant.

Does it work the same way? Seems like they handle the postage??

And is goozez officially dead? Guessing we are screwed out of points and in progress trades?
You should definitely at least sign up so you can check out how the site works. The basic trade system is Queue based like Goozex was but they also have a 2nd Instant Trade option where you can browse other traders collections and negotiate offers directly. It is like an Old School Queue Trading Site with a Modern Twist and you only pay for shipping because there are no token fees. The site takes a little getting used to since the look and feel may be different than what you are accustomed to but it is well designed and grows on you the more you use it. In the past few days there have been probably 50 new users signing up, myself included, and many of us have been high volume Gooz/VG5 traders in the past so LeapTrade looks to be on the rise and shows a lot of potential. They also do provide the shipping labels and your first 4 will only be 40 cents each since you trade on Gooz and qualify for the Promo. The management of the site has been very welcoming and are open to new suggestions. Of course any trading site is only as good as the people who trade there which is why I hope you take the LEAP and sign up. Please use my referral if you decide to go for it. If I see you on there I will be sure to send you a friend request since they also have a great PM system in place.

bread's done
Back