Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

goozex is dead (see below), vgfive is in limbo (tainted still owns the actually domain name as he used it way before there was game trading there, but he isn't sure what happens next)

anyways,

Bay said that Goozex was going to close on December 31st, 2013 in a SEC filing made November 16th, 2012.

See http://www.otcmarkets.com/edgar/GetFilingHtml?FilingID=8961452, Notes To Financial Statements, #6 Subsequent Events 2/3rds down the page.

"On November 15, 2012, the Company was acquired by Bay Acquisition Corp (“Bay”). Bay’s common stock trades on over the counter under the symbol “SLGI”. As a result of this transaction, the Company believes that Bay can provide sufficient liquidity to fund the company’s operation through December 31, 2013."

Just realized Goozex is officially dumped like a dead hooker.  Signed up to LeapTrade with 2 caveats:

1. No DS games yet? I know they're adding it as part of the retro systems, but it's more relevant than original xbox.

2. I don't see any way to see what's being requested other than by starting the request process myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad I got out awhile ago, all I had left was 1 token and 100 points.
had 10k points and like 3 tokens.

sucks knowing i could of got a few more games (mk for the vita and rolling for the 3ds) but i made tons of cash off the site. They really never knew how to run the site. few months back i got a WM package

WWE: WrestleMania - The Complete Anthology,

was what i got i think for 2000 pts but it was missing one of the disc. I contacted the seller and we worked it out that i would get 200 pts back to buy the missing disc. Goozex said it did not work like that and instead they refunded me my 2000 pts and the sellers points and told me to keep the package. and got a lot more better crap over the years.

sad that VG is also dead but on the + side on that side

Joined leap and already sent out 2 games i doubt i send out anymore until i get stuff in return. i should have around 70 in credit enough to buy 2 games

had 10k points and like 3 tokens.

sucks knowing i could of got a few more games (mk for the vita and rolling for the 3ds) but i made tons of cash off the site. They really never knew how to run the site. few months back i got a WM package

WWE: WrestleMania - The Complete Anthology,

was what i got i think for 2000 pts but it was missing one of the disc. I contacted the seller and we worked it out that i would get 200 pts back to buy the missing disc. Goozex said it did not work like that and instead they refunded me my 2000 pts and the sellers points and told me to keep the package. and got a lot more better crap over the years.

sad that VG is also dead but on the + side on that side

Joined leap and already sent out 2 games i doubt i send out anymore until i get stuff in return. i should have around 70 in credit enough to buy 2 games
Wait, what? I hope the seller got to keep the points for that Wrestlemania Anthology. I'm probably not understanding your story right, but it sounds like you got to keep the item and your points and the seller got nothing. Which sucks.

Leaptrade seems interesting but I don't see the appeal. Half of it works like Goozex (trade games for credits) and the other half is basically like GTZ. 

I don't really like GTZ but it's the only site I've used that's actually stuck around without any major hiccups. 

Wait, what? I hope the seller got to keep the points for that Wrestlemania Anthology. I'm probably not understanding your story right, but it sounds like you got to keep the item and your points and the seller got nothing. Which sucks.
not sure if the seller got the points ( i think they did ) but not 100% sure

Ditched them the first time JP fucked me over. I hope he gets hit by a bus.

gallery_118327_8339_17588.jpeg

This was posted at VGFive:

It's back! Well, almost. I just checked goozex.com and got this

SYSTEM UPDATE, SERVER TOO BUSY, OR UNEXPECTED ERROR

We are doing an important system update or the server is too busy in this moment, and this may cause downtime for a few minutes. We apologize for any inconvenience, and invite you to try again in a short while.

Otherwise, you made an incorrect request to the server. Please use pages links to navigate the site.

If the problem persists, please contact the Goozex administrators at [email protected].

Thank you, The Goozex Team.

Then I tried again and got the full site! But when I tried to log in I got the above error message again. Ok it seems that the front page kind of works but if you try to access anything the error message comes up. Is Goozex lurching back to life?

Wow, I just realized goozex is dead. I tried accessing the site to check to see if I got a certain game there but couldn't get it to load. At least I only had 1250 points and a couple of tokens left.

Thank you Bay for ruining a great thing we had going several years ago. I wish nothing but legal and financial problems in your future.

At this point I'm pretty skeptical to immediately jump into another site.  99 Gamers seems like it's been doing OK for a while now but I'm not sure who to go with.  I lost about 2500 points and 3 tokens at Goozex but considering how much I got over the years and how little it cost me to get those 2500 points I consider my Goozex losses to be quite minimal.  I feel like I got screwed more at VGFive since I sent out a few games right at the beginning and ended up getting 2 less games than what I sent out.

got to wonder if the  runner of  VG will be true to their word and say our points are safe (Doubt it)  

sad to see both sites close.

had  around 11k on goozex   missed out on 2 games at the end

had   3200 points on  VG    missed out on 1 game 

o well both sites i got more then i sent or broke even  (i know  vg  was  22 in  20 out)

damn.. so my points and tokens are officially... POOF?

so i basically spent the last year spending money to ship out games to folks so i could get... nothing. great.

damn.. so my points and tokens are officially... POOF?

so i basically spent the last year spending money to ship out games to folks so i could get... nothing. great.
no now you get to join another site (probally made by the same people who owned goozex and vg) and do it all over again and in the end you will get ..... up the ass once again

At this point I'm pretty skeptical to immediately jump into another site. 99 Gamers seems like it's been doing OK for a while now but I'm not sure who to go with. I lost about 2500 points and 3 tokens at Goozex but considering how much I got over the years and how little it cost me to get those 2500 points I consider my Goozex losses to be quite minimal. I feel like I got screwed more at VGFive since I sent out a few games right at the beginning and ended up getting 2 less games than what I sent out.
I'm in a similar boat when it comes to Goozex. Before the shutdown, I was set to win Metal Gear Rising or Halo 4 from the Exchange thus wiping out my balance. VGFive left me 250 points. As of this post, I have a trade pending (last night I got a message asking if I wanted an extention towards the seller). I got some games I liked but Goozex gave me so much more.

99Gamers .... Leaptrade .... not sure which to go with. In the meantime, I am talking with some other CAGs in starting up a lowball to lessen the blow.

I'm almost completely done with game trading websites, but Leaptrade got me to send out at least 4 trades because of their awesome promo.

If you guys are on the fence I'd at least take advantage of the 4 (shipping labels) for $0.40 promo.  At least list some of your "crap" and see if anyone bites. 

I essentially traded in 4 crappy games (practically worthless on amazon, ebay) for $1.60 in shipping labels and got enough credit for a pretty decent game that I'll be able to flip elsewhere after I'm done playing it. 

Plus you guys get $5 for signing up and another $5 after your first trade so it does add up if you're looking for a quick flip. Shameless plug if you guys end up signing up(gets me $5 for a referral):  http://www.leaptrade.com/pages/home/showregister:1/referrer:antlp89

Because of how smooth things went I'm listing more stuff but as always I'm gonna keep a low balance. 

no now you get to join another site (probally made by the same people who owned goozex and vg)
I can assure you that I'm not involved with any of the other trading sites, nor do I have any plans to be after everything that happened last year. I don't believe that the Goozex folks (both original and current owners) are involved in any of the sites that are still operational.

I can assure you that I'm not involved with any of the other trading sites, nor do I have any plans to be after everything that happened last year. I don't believe that the Goozex folks (both original and current owners) are involved in any of the sites that are still operational.
now that they are belly up you should contact them and say you want to buy back VG for 1 penny :)

Does anyone know how we go about showing Leaptrade our Goozex credit when we no longer have access to anything Goozex?
I'm going to assume they take your word for it as long as you never previously signed up for leaptrade and mention that you heard about the promotion because of goozex going down.

[quote name="slidecage" post="11487202" timestamp="1391129669"]why would they need to know our goozex credit?[/quote] that leaptrade message says show them your goozex cred

no now you get to join another site (probally made by the same people who owned goozex and vg) and do it all over again and in the end you will get ..... up the ass once again
I have seen you badmouth this new site in a couple threads here, but I also notice you're already very active there on the forums. Seems a bit hypocritical.

I was wondering how you show Leaptrade you're a member of Goozex/VGFive as well. 

Funny how the sites are down, yet these Goozex signatures are working.

I have seen you badmouth this new site in a couple threads here, but I also notice you're already very active there on the forums. Seems a bit hypocritical.
Only made like 3 or 4 post over there would not call that VERY ACTIVE. Mostly its due to the fact people are like OOO Look at this site over here its the best around and then want to bitch when they go belly up. Just saying DONT RISK MORE THEN YOU CAN WILLING TO LOSE

Hell goozex well belly up and yea im pissed too i had 11k points over there ROTTING though i probally could of got 2 or 3 more games mostly i given up on goozex long ago

Then VG goes belly up lost 3200 points there but had 22 in and 20 out range and got better in then sent out.

Leap I got 4 out and 0 in (1 pending mario tennis for the 3ds) and was saying im not going to be sending more out till i even out cause who knows how long this site is going to last .

there was another site cant remember the name. i know they pissed off alot of people when they went out they had a banner with fireworks saying WE ARE CLOSING OUR SITE they were like why the fuck you shooting off fire works to promote your belly up. (THOUGH that site was doomed from day 1 (was set your own price with very weak leadership meaning if you found a sucker to pay 40 coins for one game and people dumped their games for 5 to 8 you could do very easy a 6 or 8 to 1 flipped what many did

^ I love how that link ends with "errer:slidecage" :)

You are the epitome of errorer. (if that were a real word)

So is there a Leaptrade thread or should we just hang out in here for old time's sake? It's so strange-feeling at Leaptrade. I have $45 in credit and don't know what to get; not because there's nothing but sports games and demo discs a la Goozex, but because there's so much available that I'm not sure what to go with first...I'm thinking Spec Ops: The Line, I liked Homefront (ie:single-player campaign shooter).

I was going to go with Burnout Paradise, but I just ordered NFS:Rivals today. That should fill my yearly racing quota.

^ I love how that link ends with "errer:slidecage" :)

You are the epitome of errorer. (if that were a real word)

So is there a Leaptrade thread or should we just hang out in here for old time's sake? It's so strange-feeling at Leaptrade. I have $45 in credit and don't know what to get; not because there's nothing but sports games and demo discs a la Goozex, but because there's so much available that I'm not sure what to go with first...I'm thinking Spec Ops: The Line, I liked Homefront (ie:single-player campaign shooter).

I was going to go with Burnout Paradise, but I just ordered NFS:Rivals today. That should fill my yearly racing quota.
yea i found that funny as well.

I decided to join Leaptrade using murg75's referral link and 99Gamers using Solato's referral link. Some comments on each site:

Goozex: If the site comes up, I'll continue with them. I still have points to use and feedback to post so I'd like to get the chance to use it . I'm not going to call them "the devil" or anything since they've given me so many games in the past. I'm staying subscribed to this thread for any news about the company.

Leaptrade: Kerig's right. There is a lot to choose from even though they don't have retro games like NES, SNES, Genesis, and PS1 available to name a few consoles. I like the look of the site, but there is a lot to go through with the forums, messaging, and profiles that it's kind of intimidating. Haven't tried trading yet until I'm more comfortable with the features.

99Gamers: Every system has games available to buy/sell. I like how while you are searching for a game, it tells you if the game is available right now (think live time results like Google search).  The layout has a "go big or go home" vibe that I don't like. For example, if you want to see which PS3 games are available, you're given giant images of the cover art and you have to scroll down to see more results so it's loading forever. There are no small thumbnail images like Goozex or Leaptrade has, or even a "simple text" listing.  I would be willing to trade if no other site has a requested game available.

Regardless of what happens, I plan on having 2,000 points or $20 max credit for each site.

Could have used my referral link!

Friend me so we can try the friend to friend trading. Same name on LeapTrade. I also agree with keeping the points/coins banked at a reasonable amount.

The thread title makes me snicker every time I see it.  They're not hiring anymore, the position has just been filled:

Goozex_zps5a4508e8.jpg

And now the Goozex signatures don't work.

Now that Leaptrade has NES, SNES, and the entire Playstation library to choose from, I am just about ready to trade with them. If the experience goes well, I will have no problem replacing my signature. 

I've also been using Leaptrade. I sent some games and received Fire Emblem Awakening, Legend of zelda link between worlds, and Metal gear rising. I'm very happy with that site.

I picked up a few older ps3 games and dumped a few worthless sports titles..Things are moving its just slower than 99gamers

bread's done
Back