Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='cheapfrag']The irony![/QUOTE]
+1!
I hate all the disc only games on Goozex, but I don't know of any current gen games I've actually sent out DO myself, maybe one that's slipping my mind.

Still the most frustrating thing is getting a DO game when you requested FP, and the worst you can do is leave Neutral. I'm stuck with a DO copy of Fallout 3 because someone screwed up.

Well, If I only wanted to play the game I would not mind as some I play and then trade back or sell.
But Games I'm getting for just collectors purposes I want complete copies.

And I make damn sure I pick disc only as that's all I have.
I found out about the $30 GS credit after I started the trade and didn't wanna back out.

The only reason I even did as I was gonna sell it on here was I saw a DO of Twisted Metal which I never got cause the system was screwy.

[quote name='kodave']Is there any way to gift your points / trade tokens to another account?[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is an official way, but the person you want to gift them too can request an obscure game that no one else is looking for and then you can say you have it and do a fake trade.

Threads were deleted due to the NDA with the company they are selling to. And of course, people like pathologit;asdkjf;klsdjf whatever his name is is doing a Gizmo and gloating about the end times of goozex, and trying to run everyone off from it. I think some people must jerk off at night to the thought of possibly ruining a site.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Threads were deleted due to the NDA with the company they are selling to. And of course, people like pathologit;asdkjf;klsdjf whatever his name is is doing a Gizmo and gloating about the end times of goozex, and trying to run everyone off from it. I think some people must jerk off at night to the thought of possibly ruining a site.[/QUOTE]

I can't say I blame them, honestly. It seems like the site's been dying a slow death and the people who run it did nothing about it until it was too late. Hell, they won't even take some suggestions like making negatives (or at least, something more severe than a pointless neutral) an option for sending games in the wrong condition.

I know it will be a bad if Goozex shuts down because I've still got 2800 points but frankly, I don't really care because it's not like I'm getting matched for anything I really want.

Edit: From the Goozex forums, according to someone that works for Goozex:

Guys,
I'm reading all posts on the forum regarding this topic. We deleted earlier threads in recognition of our NDA, but frankly it was probably a bad call because the documents are public and people can talk (or not talk) anyways. So I'll leave to you to come to conclusions as you best see fit.
All I can say is that I shared with many of you some time ago that we were going to take actions to ensure that the Goozex site would continue to grow. The purpose is to see it grow, develop and extend, possibly adding all the new features that you have been requesting for long time. The Goozex team is here to support the site and the community. We have no intention of leaving.
We will surely make a formal announcement and explain what's coming up with Goozex at the right time. Please bear with me a bit longer.
The company that bought them apparently was divested of their security, baggage handling, and other divisions... So its a company that does nothing but has capital that bought Goozex. The few people that own Goozex go from 85% majority owners to under 13% owners since I think the doc said the minority holders will get stock in this new company. So those relatively worthless shares plus $150,000 in the pockets of Goozex's owners? Do they really have some kind of concrete plan to get Goozex going again? I get the sense that they're just propping up Goozex until it can be sold and scrapped, but is the Goozex infrastructure and algorithms even worth anything? Do they have other uses?

Since its just trading for virtual currency, maybe they'll convert the system to real currency and operate a Glyde-like site with a waiting list?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kodave']Edit: From the Goozex forums, according to someone that works for Goozex:

The company that bought them apparently was divested of their security, baggage handling, and other divisions... So its a company that does nothing but has capital that bought Goozex. The few people that own Goozex go from 85% majority owners to under 13% owners since I think the doc said the minority holders will get stock in this new company. So those relatively worthless shares plus $150,000 in the pockets of Goozex's owners? Do they really have some kind of concrete plan to get Goozex going again? I get the sense that they're just propping up Goozex until it can be sold and scrapped, but is the Goozex infrastructure and algorithms even worth anything? Do they have other uses?

Since its just trading for virtual currency, maybe they'll convert the system to real currency and operate a Glyde-like site with a waiting list?[/QUOTE]

I doubt anything good with come out of this. There are plenty of investment companies out there, most of their acquisitions fail and they end up liquidating the assets once it does.

I don't think I'm alone in feeling that the owners of this site abandoned it a long time ago. It might die a slower death now though.

[quote name='kodave']Edit: From the Goozex forums, according to someone that works for Goozex:

Since its just trading for virtual currency, maybe they'll convert the system to real currency and operate a Glyde-like site with a waiting list?[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt be surprised, the present owners floated that a couple years ago

For sure the present site/activity isnt going to let anyone promote the stock, so there will be *something* coming that can at least give the appearance of a much larger future. not that it has to work out, just the ability to promote that it might

The place that presently controls the shell goozex is being put into has a little blurb on their site about making it " web's leading one stop shop for video gamers" lol
http://www.baytreecapital.com/projects.php

[quote name='kodave']Looks like Goozex took their forums down.

Speculate away![/QUOTE]

Don't overreact, the forums have been off and on for the past couple of weeks.

Usually they are down late in the night but sometimes they can be down during the day as well.

I don't like this sale. Heck, I don't like how lazy the Goozex team is with their site. Guess they were putting money and effort into a sale instead of cultivating the site.

Which makes me wonder whether I should trade many more items on Goozex, or go with GameTZ, eBay or Glyde.

Still have 2800 points...now thinking of activating a lot of trades I was waiting to go down in points.

Better to cash out or stick with it? Hmm...

[quote name='neocisco']Go halfway maybe? Activate some requests and try to burn off about half of your points and see how it goes from there.[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right - basically, keep a healthy balance, don't go crazy trading stuff out, sell things that have a value over $10, and trade the rest on Goozex.

Sadly, when points were 'more valuable', I'd trade out more valuable games. But a 1000 point game just isn't worth what it used to be.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Threads were deleted due to the NDA with the company they are selling to. And of course, people like pathologit;asdkjf;klsdjf whatever his name is is doing a Gizmo and gloating about the end times of goozex, and trying to run everyone off from it. I think some people must jerk off at night to the thought of possibly ruining a site.[/QUOTE]

Haha.

You mean you're mad that I was right?

It's dead. Time to cash in those points guys.

No reason to completely bail. When I get something there. Its the best deal. Pokemon Silver recently for about 15$, and that is going by my rule of thumb of 1/2 the cost of points. Where my last few thousand have been at max 19.99, and as low as 9.99.

Not surprised. Have been sitting at 0 pts, 0 tokens for a while. Wasn't even tempted to trade in Rage for 1000pts instead of sending to Amazon for $9 =]

[quote name='M3wThr33']Seeing someone unable to give negative feedback because he got a broken case made me realize this site took a turn.[/QUOTE]

Really? I wouldn't think a broken case would justify a negative, especially if it was broken (or at least looked like it was broken) by USPS.

Generally a +5 positive for me, unless it was obviously already broken or the broken case damaged the disk and manual.

Cases are much easier to replace than the wrong or broken game.

The forums have been flaky for weeks. I was never a regular there but I pretty much gave up even posting in my subscribed threads.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Haha.

You mean you're mad that I was right?

It's dead. Time to cash in those points guys.[/QUOTE]

Do you get paid every time you declare the end of Goozex? Jesus Christ, your schtick is old.

[quote name='Kylearan']Really? I wouldn't think a broken case would justify a negative, especially if it was broken (or at least looked like it was broken) by USPS.

Generally a +5 positive for me, unless it was obviously already broken or the broken case damaged the disk and manual.[/QUOTE]

The bottom corner was chipped off. This wasn't a "broken in the mail" issue. It was clearly missing plastic before it was sent.

The admins said that because it's STILL A CASE, he had to leave POSITIVE feedback, regardless of the condition. I stopped using the site after I saw that.

[quote name='M3wThr33']The bottom corner was chipped off. This wasn't a "broken in the mail" issue. It was clearly missing plastic before it was sent.

The admins said that because it's STILL A CASE, he had to leave POSITIVE feedback, regardless of the condition. I stopped using the site after I saw that.[/QUOTE]

Really not a big deal. Goozex is not a place to get games that you need to be pristine.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Really not a big deal. Goozex is not a place to get games that you need to be pristine.[/QUOTE]

A more pressing issue is the fact you can't give someone a negative if they only send you a disc despite choosing the complete option.

I love how once upon a monster has been traded over 15 times today. Lol. I saw a couple cag on there with mine. Can't beat a 9.99 flip for 1000 and free ms points.

[quote name='M3wThr33']The bottom corner was chipped off. This wasn't a "broken in the mail" issue. It was clearly missing plastic before it was sent.

The admins said that because it's STILL A CASE, he had to leave POSITIVE feedback, regardless of the condition. I stopped using the site after I saw that.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I had almost the exact same thing happen to my game, although it was pretty clear that mine was damaged in transit considering I found the missing chunk at the bottom of the mailer.

Pleasantly suprised that my request to a Goozex mod for release date changes for several games was completed within a couple weeks. The mod (can't remember their name right now - zinabiannca, or something like that) was pleasant and gracious.

[quote name='shieryda']Pleasantly suprised that my request to a Goozex mod for release date changes for several games was completed within a couple weeks. The mod (can't remember their name right now - zinabiannca, or something like that) was pleasant and gracious.[/QUOTE]

Zannabianca. He's actually one of the owners... or was, pending completion of the recent sale.

I'm only a tiny bit worried about the future of the site but still optimistic than new ownership will bring positive changes.

GizmoGC: even a broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Really not a big deal. Goozex is not a place to get games that you need to be pristine.[/QUOTE]

When you trade for something and request a case, logic dictates that you receive a case -- and not just part of a case.

If I swapped out a game and the manual was missing large chunks, I'd be annoyed.

( http://oi51.tinypic.com/2zovzic.jpg )

Still, I wouldn't (didn't) stop using Goozex over this -- I do think it's slightly indicative of the fact that the site admin have become less and less present and transactions seem mostly governed by mystical "agreed on" rules. "Broken cases qualify as cases!" Pfft.

I don't think if the owners/admins were more active it would change things about a broken case not being a negative. And were I not such a lazyass, I'd check the site FAQ about the rules. I'm pretty sure it's in there.

These are used goods. It shouldn't be surprising that their condition can be a roll of the dice. It sucks that you can't inspect them before you purchase them, but that's a trade-off for being able to use a virtual currency.

[quote name='shieryda']Today's trade numbers were at 1524 this morning.:hot:[/QUOTE]

Well I think people are a little hesitant to put more points into a system that has an uncertain future.
That being said, I have Halo Reach coming in the mail, so I'm happy.

[quote name='shieryda']Today's trade numbers were at 1524 this morning.:hot:[/QUOTE]

It's been in the 1500s before... I think it was around fall of last year when I saw it slowly dip into that range.

fucking goozex man. What the hell happened.

Ironically I have Skyrim and Arkham City both coming in the mail, so I really can't complain.

Hopefully things will start changing for the better once the new management takes over.

Hmm.. I wonder if doubling the trade fee for n00bs is what caused such a sudden decrease. Bad call to make a cash grab when things were on the decline. Now I'm sitting on 8000 points and 20 requested games inch forward one queue spot a month if I'm lucky. I wish I could overpay on some of the things I want just to get value out of my points again.

Even thought my backlog is huge, I went ahead and activated a bunch of games to burn some points. Most of them don't have very many copies available, so it will be a while before I get those. I'm only buying 3 tokens at a time now, and only when I get down to my last token.

[quote name='QiG']Hmm.. I wonder if doubling the trade fee for n00bs is what caused such a sudden decrease. Bad call to make a cash grab when things were on the decline. Now I'm sitting on 8000 points and 20 requested games inch forward one queue spot a month if I'm lucky. I wish I could overpay on some of the things I want just to get value out of my points again.[/QUOTE]

No, active trades have been dying for a long time now... well before the $2 tokens.

The real problem is that the leaders of the site basically became lazy once the site became popular. They ignored complaints and just let it coast... it wasn't until there was a major decline that they tried to do something about it (which was around last year I think) by updating the points algorithm. But then they disappeared again.

I've got 2850 points and 5 tokens left... I have 260+ active requests. Haven't received anything in months... I think I'll likely get boned.:whistle2:/

[quote name='shieryda']Even thought my backlog is huge, I went ahead and activated a bunch of games to burn some points.[/QUOTE]

Ayup, lit up all my requests, too - even the 1000 point items than I can pick up for $15.

I'd love us to be wrong on this one, but the days seem numbered.

Goozex was awesome forgot they were still around until I got the gears of war re-release in the mail I guess I had points still my account. I was always impressed by that nitro dude he constantly had top trades every month he probably would have more money on e-bay

Had to leave my 2nd negative in the last 2 weeks. First, the game was never received and I got no responses to pms to the seller. Today, I received an unplayable, broken game. Shitty.

bread's done
Back