Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dark-star']Sears deal appears dead, price now 22.84 for 1600.[/QUOTE]

Still shows 14.97 on the site, but pick ups are out of stock. It says that its out of stock if you try to get it shipped and it wouldn't let me buy 3, but you may be able to still get an order to go through.

They haven't fixed their page on 12 month subs tho. One page still shows 34.99 but if you click the link it takes you to another page showing 54.99 and it shows 54.99 in the cart.

Missed out on both. Lame.

[quote name='dark-star']Sears deal appears dead, price now 22.84 for 1600.[/QUOTE]

There are two listings for the 1600msp. The new and old versions of the card.

[quote name='mike.m']Still shows 14.97 on the site, but pick ups are out of stock. It says that its out of stock if you try to get it shipped and it wouldn't let me buy 3, but you may be able to still get an order to go through.[/QUOTE]
I was just there and it says they have two left in stock - maybe why you couldn't get three?

They won't accept my non-US credit card, though, darn them! :p

just got best buy to price match this earlier, but here's the thing...in the sears website it has the old, outdated picture of the microsoft points so the cashier guy @ bb told me to get the standard looking 1600 ms points card and that he was told by his mgr. that he couldn't price match the halo 1600 point card or other ones. Don't know why but it's the same thing to me so out the door, 1600 microsoft points for $14.97. Thanks

[quote name='kklems']Dell has the 4000 point cards for 40.99.[/QUOTE]

Did you determine how much shipping would be (and/or tax)? May kill the deal.

free shipping on the dell item, tax will probably work out to 3 bucks so about $44 for 4000 points, not bad, thats about the price i'm used to paying for these cards

[quote name='shieryda']Did you determine how much shipping would be (and/or tax)? May kill the deal.[/QUOTE]

Free ship and tax would vary based on your location.

[quote name='lito88']Xbox Live has this for the same price. i might as well get it from them.[/QUOTE]

Except doesn't it sign you up for auto-renew? I thought somebody mentioned that was in the fine print. And that's a pain in the ass to cancel. I'd much rather have a code to redeem than give MS my credit card info.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Except doesn't it sign you up for auto-renew? I thought somebody mentioned that was in the fine print. And that's a pain in the ass to cancel. I'd much rather have a code to redeem than give MS my credit card info.[/QUOTE]

a few mouse clicks after logging into xbox.com is hardly a pain in the ass

[quote name='natiev']a few mouse clicks after logging into xbox.com is hardly a pain in the ass[/QUOTE]

Yeah this was fixed months ago. I don't know why people keep bringing this up.

[quote name='lito88']Xbox Live has this for the same price. i might as well get it from them.[/QUOTE]

I see it at 49.99. Thats 10 dollars more.

[quote name='the caballo']I see it at 49.99. Thats 10 dollars more.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Showed up 39.99 on my dashboard. Just bought it a few hours ago.

Has anyone who ordered the 1600 point cards from Sears.com actually received them yet?
I placed my order on 9/7 and was sent an email shortly after to tell me "My Sears Order Has Shipped" which included a tracking number. Looking at the tracking number today, the status still says "Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details."
I'm not in a rush for these, but thought it strange it hasn't actually shipped a week after being told it had.

The communication practices with these Live prices are laughable. First they tell us that we can renew for the low price of $39.99, and now they are making it $29.99. What is your service worth Microsoft??? You can't tell me that it has $29.99 worth of value today and that next year it is going to have DOUBLE the value(unless they are going to change the service drastically).

The dashboard has 12 month Gold subscription for $29.99 right now. I'm debating to get it because of an asterisk. It says "One year subscription for the first year with auto-renewal at the then current annual price following year one." Anyone know if this forces you to buy a 12 month for 59.99 after your first 12 months expire?

It will automatically renew your subscription at whatever the yearly rate is at that time. They usually start the process a few weeks in advance so beware.

They don't charge you the $30 for the new year right away. They charge $30 you when your current subscription expires. The next year after that, the charge would be $60, if you didn't cancel autorenew. And not that you must not cancel autorenew before the time when you're charged $30 comes around.

[quote name='eastx']They don't charge you the $30 for the new year right away. They charge $30 you when your current subscription expires. The next year after that, the charge would be $60, if you didn't cancel autorenew. And not that you must not cancel autorenew before the time when you're charged $30 comes around.[/QUOTE]

So I wonder if I renew a 12 month card (which I'm shopping for), will they still allow me a year at $29.99 after THAT year? We're talking something like 17 months from now, assuming I find a decent deal on a card. I'd like to pay around $35.

Guess I'll go scour the fine print.

[quote name='Barlog']The $20 off $100 code on gamestop works on points cards.[/QUOTE]

Do you know the coupon code?

[quote name='teknikalei']So I wonder if I renew a 12 month card (which I'm shopping for), will they still allow me a year at $29.99 after THAT year? We're talking something like 17 months from now, assuming I find a decent deal on a card. I'd like to pay around $35.

Guess I'll go scour the fine print.[/QUOTE]

I would wait until the $29.99 year officially takes affect before you redeem the 12 month card. That way, you're good for a year, turn off auto-renew, then redeem, and you're good for 24 months. Just to be safe and make sure it all goes in.

[quote name='paulwekiva']Sears.com has the 1600 point card for $14.97. Free shipping at least through tonight (Tuesday). Also for store pick up, but no idea how long that lasts.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this, my two 1600 points cards arrived on Thursday, US$32.02 total. Not bad!

I have had two separate emails confirming cancellation of my ShipVantage account, and I have done my best to destroy my card details on the Sears site (they don't allow removal of credit cards, and don't let you close your account!). I also sent a quick email to my credit card company explaining my concerns that Sears would charge me anyway (Google ShipVantage and you can see a lot of people have this problem), and they have provided me with a quick link to follow to file a credit card dispute - I won't even have to contact Sears if they try to steal that $80. :)

Overall, a happy bunny am I.

They just recently (or are still) revised what qualifies... I believe they said that the cards will not.

So no deals on points right now? Checked Sears.com and, even though the search results says 1600 points is $15, it comes up at $30 when you click on it. I want to pick up the Bob Marley pack for Rock Band and can't stand to pay full price.

[quote name='Link927']I went to Costco with a friend today, noticed that the 12 month cards were for 38.99 in store.[/QUOTE]

Costco used to have much better deals on games before they realized they could start charging more for them. They had a combo 12 months Live and 1600 points for 50 or 55 in the past....

Walmart has a Halo Reach bundled with a 12 month card. Online only and no free shipment to store, limit 2. Depending on how much shipping costs(?) your price will vary.
For me, cards cost $36 a piece after returning Reach in store.

[quote name='lito88']They have on the dashboard a month of Gold For $1 + A Free Halo: Reach Avatar Item.[/QUOTE]

I'm not home, so I can't check yet - is it limited to one month? could I buy 36 months at that price?

There's currently a dashboard special offering 10% off a one-year renewal with 800 bonus points and 15% off a two-year renewal with 1600 bonus points. However, it notes that it must be activated through the dashboard. The two-year renewal is around 85.

[quote name='prophet5590']I'm not home, so I can't check yet - is it limited to one month? could I buy 36 months at that price?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='lito88']They have on the dashboard a month of Gold For $1 + A Free Halo: Reach Avatar Item.[/QUOTE]
Anyone else seeing this? All I see is the "it's raining points" dealie.

[quote name='mokmoof']Anyone else seeing this? All I see is the "it's raining points" dealie.[/QUOTE]

saw both...

bread's done
Back