Official Moviestop Thread - B3G1F, 40% off used Anime

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
Current Deals: I do not have any end dates, but it looks like Moviestop is currently running a B3G1 Free promotion on used items. Also all used anime is 40% off. The promotions stack with their discount card, but the 40% anime won't stack with the B3G1

Check out Moviestop.com For More Info.

7618_136398561601_14006986601_2478958_1753767_n.jpg

Trade 4 Details:

Moviestop has been running a deal where if you trade 4 movies in you get $19.99 +tax credit toward any new release (including Blu-ray). All of the dvds must be worth at least $1.50 in trade in value to qualify. If there is nothing that you want to pre-order, you may select something that comes out in a few months and then switch your pre-order once something you want gets released/announced. All stores will be running this deal, however they will no longer be advertising it, so you'll have to ask for the deal. Click the spoiler for a list of studios they accept.

Anchor Bay
Columbia/Sony
Buena Vista
Dreamworks
First Look Pictures
Fox
Genius Products
Hart Sharpe
Lionsgate-Artisan
Magnolia
MGM
New Yorker Films
Paramount
Sony Music/Wonder
Think Film
UNiversal
Vivendi
Warner
Bandai
Pioneer/Geneon
Funimation
Manga Video
ADV Films
Gold Hill Media
Media Blasters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen any HD DVD price drops yet on either new or used? Mine tends to rarely resticker updated prices, and aren't very receptive to having to check a price. I'm guessing they have universal prices across the chain, so any info would be great.

My store's prices have been dropping every week. I'll be going back tomorrow night to check up on whatever the deal is for this week, and hopefully an update on the mystery HD-DVD blowout.

Looks like this deal is going on for another week. Unfortunately, it seems that Moviestop has taken part in the HD-DVD recall. My store sent all of its new stock back except for about 20 titles, the Heroes Boxset, and the Matrix boxsets.

If anybody can, try to post prices that you see dropping. My store refused to scan more than three titles stating that "we've already restickered the latest drops." They had Pan's Labyrinth stickered at $24.99, but restickered it to $29.99 when they checked the price for it (new). I'm guessing that it is the used HD DVD's that are dropping. Another price check of the three was on a used copy of V for Vendetta, which I got a little satisfaction out of it scanning below the stickered price of $17.99 at $12.99.

Seriously.. my store is staffed with some real assholes. I can understand retail hell, but come on.. if somebody walks up to the counter, don't just walk off because you don't feel like helping them out. That and it's practically impossible to have updated the prices on all of the DVD's in their store.

[quote name='Skylander7']If anybody can, try to post prices that you see dropping. My store refused to scan more than three titles stating that "we've already restickered the latest drops." They had Pan's Labyrinth stickered at $24.99, but restickered it to $29.99 when they checked the price for it (new). I'm guessing that it is the used HD DVD's that are dropping. Another price check of the three was on a used copy of V for Vendetta, which I got a little satisfaction out of it scanning below the stickered price of $17.99 at $12.99.

Seriously.. my store is staffed with some real assholes. I can understand retail hell, but come on.. if somebody walks up to the counter, don't just walk off because you don't feel like helping them out. That and it's practically impossible to have updated the prices on all of the DVD's in their store.[/QUOTE]

It used to be when they first started, the employees would be as un-Gamestop as possible - help you out with deals, not take all the great deals for themselves, go out of their way to get stuff for you.

Glad to see GS cracked down on that. :roll:

Moviestop has definitely gotten worse. I guess they aren't making enough money, they've been really nailing ppl with pre-order requests and whatnot.

There was a corporate wide recall on most new hd-dvds, so i doubt you'll find any drops anytime soon. The used drops i noticed were the Universal & WB titles were all $12.99-$14.99 from $19.99-22.99, Weinsteins were $9.99 from $19.99. Its no firesale, but they've gotta be doing a B2G1F sale sometime soon.

If you're still looking for locations, there's one in North Attleboro, MA. The only one I've ever seen.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif]Fashion Crossing
1250 S Washington Street
North Attleboro MA, 02760 US
(508) 643-6955

I have a flyer that has various locations in the Northeast (DE, VA, MA, NC, PA, NJ), if you need it.
[/FONT]

Gonna check out my local moviestop tomorrow and will be able to use the edge card to get 50% off my purchase (possibly) of anime :whistle2:D SAHWEEET! thx again for the update Bezerker

well unfortunately the 40% off didn't stack with the 10% off edge card :( but i was still able to get a good deal (just under $14) on the Blue Gender Complete Viridian Collection...not too shabby

yeah, they don't stack deals like GS. Most of the HD's are gone from here, but I did notice Heroes HD marked down to $39.99. I got Planet Earth HD there used for $29.99-10% of course.

no good deals this week; though i did notice that hd-dvd prices dropped even more (Sopranos boxsets went from $48 to $30; some other titles dropped to $9.99)

[quote name='darylfoot']They started a Buy 3 get 1 free sale here on used stuff.....[/QUOTE]

Interesting, including the HD-DVD's? I'd go by and take a look at stuff, but it's getting to the point to where it's too much of a hassle to deal with my local store. If I go by and see some drops, I'll post em here. Anyone see any particular price drops that they can recall off the top of their head for the HDDVD's?

This deal is happening at the MovieStop location on Blanding Blvd in Jacksonville, FL, buy 3 used DVD's get 1 free. I did not see any HD-DVD's in this store, just a reconfigured section towards the front with a large selection of Blu-Ray discs(at least 3 double-sided racks full of them and a lot of plastic cases on the floor in that section.)

What I grabbed:

Star Trek Insurrection 2 Disc Special Edition -7.99

Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery-5.99
(Surprisingly, for how much I love these movies, I did not have them on DVD, now I have all three)

The Great Gatsby-3.99(Amazing movie, Robert Redford, Mia Farrow, and a young Sam Waterston, awesome flick)

Austin Powers in Goldmember-2.99(FREE)

I am gonna go back pretty soon for a season 5 set of ST:TNG for 30 used, cheapest price I've found yet, just gotta grab my trade fodder and head over there tomorrow!

No update this week, haven't had the chance to go out to the mall.

However i do have some good news for any Columbia House members. There is currently a code floating around (871245) that is good for B1G4 Free on $19.95+ dvds (no boxsets/high def movies). Moviestop pays $12 a movie for most new releases. Basically meaning you can turn $20-$25 into $60 easy.

[quote name='Bezerker']No update this week, haven't had the chance to go out to the mall.

However i do have some good news for any Columbia House members. There is currently a code floating around (871245) that is good for B1G4 Free on $19.95+ dvds (no boxsets/high def movies). Moviestop pays $12 a movie for most new releases. Basically meaning you can turn $20-$25 into $60 easy.[/quote]

Code doesn't appear to be working... or maybe it's not active.

[quote name='Bezerker']No update this week, haven't had the chance to go out to the mall.

However i do have some good news for any Columbia House members. There is currently a code floating around (871245) that is good for B1G4 Free on $19.95+ dvds (no boxsets/high def movies). Moviestop pays $12 a movie for most new releases. Basically meaning you can turn $20-$25 into $60 easy.[/quote]

Code doesn't appear to be working.

Works fine for me, just placed my 3rd order litterally 2 minutes ago. There seems to be a trick to get it to work:

" - enter 801888 (or any other working code)
- once you submit that code paste "&onlineStr=871245" to the end of the url and change the x's to the b1g4 code and don't include the quotations."

Wanted to chime in with a couple locations i didnt see on your list. There is 1 in Tuscaloosa AL on Macfarland Blvd across from Macfarland mall.....and there is 1 in the Centerpoint/Trussville AL area.

Got a BOGO coupon on all used dvds in the mail yesterday and used it (one time use only). Incredible deal, especially when you are finding rare oop dvds like i did....

Any chance you could scan the coupon? Most of the time they use a code that works in all the systems.

Sorry I havent kept the thread updated, no deals this week except HD-DVD prices keep dropping. most of the used movies are now $5.99-$12.99 and boxsets for $30-50.

I didn't even know this thread existed. Bezerker, the store in Marietta,GA is really in Kennesaw. It's technically a Marietta address but the area is considered Kennesaw. Just wanted to offer that info for the OP.

I was told last night by the manager at the MS in Wilmington, NC that all stores will stop carrying HD or doing anything related to HD by the end of May.

The only $5.99 movies there are King Kong, though I have picked up Shooter and Serenity for $9.99 each.

Been a while since I've updated this thread. I left the original trade 4 details in because the promotion they are running now is about the same for most cases, and worse for others. Depending on the value of the Blu-Ray you are pre-ordering for "50% off" you could be losing money in your trades.

Anime deal is back on. Was at MS today and got used anime dvds for 50% off (40% sale + 10% edge card). Was told it's on until NEXT Sunday.

Any recommendations for a very casual anime fan? I've already seen Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Steamboy, basically mainstream stuff (as far as anime is concerned). I prefer more realistic styles as opposed to the "big eye" stuff.

Hmm, I can recommend a few titles.

One that is not out yet that I highly highly HIGHLY recommend is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I have it on dvd (r2 subbed) but I will be buying this as soon as it is released.

As for stuff that is out, I recommend the following:
Kimagure Orange Road (total 16 volumes which is 12 tv eps, 2 ova dvds and 2 movies): Great love triangle story with the male having psychic abilities. Classic

His and Her Circumstances (5 tv volumes): Excellent series about highschool love and lose

Azumanga Daioh (6 tv volumes): excellent show about a group of highschool girls and their crazy lives.

Kite (1 ova, if you want something that is NOT considered Hentai, get the original edited release, Purple artwork): La Femme Nikita of Japan, released 3 times in the US due to the graphic sexual content. You can watch teh edited version (they only edit out the sex, the language is still there) and never miss a thing. My dub studio did this one.

Oh My Goddess ova (new 3dvd boxset recommended): excellent 5 part ova series that my dub studio did. It's a classic.
Bubble Gum Crisis 2032 aka Bubble Gum Crisis ovas (remastered 4 ova set recommended): Cyberpunk at it's best. Classic series.

I'm 3/4 of the way asleep, so I can't think of any others ATM. Project A-Ko is good (get the remaster), Record of Loddoss War is classic (get the remastered RED set of the OVAs), Nausicaa is probably my favorite anime movie EVER (can't recommend it enough).

B&M store. There is a page someplace with all the locations (I was surprised to see that they added another MovieStop in my state), but you can't order the stuff online from them. You can't use Gamestop credit either, so it's always YMMV on selection and prices. I've seen the same dvd used at this one with different prices on the stickers, but they tend to go with the lowest price always.

[quote name='ryoga79']B&M store. There is a page someplace with all the locations (I was surprised to see that they added another MovieStop in my state), but you can't order the stuff online from them. You can't use Gamestop credit either, so it's always YMMV on selection and prices. I've seen the same dvd used at this one with different prices on the stickers, but they tend to go with the lowest price always.[/quote]

You can't use GS credit but you can use the Edge card. It's odd. I traded some things in a couple of months back for the first time in a couple of years and I was surprised to see that they still use paper receipts and not cards for credit. That's just laziness on somebody's part at corporate. Either lazy or just plain cheap.

I couldn't tell you how many times I hear the whole "Yes, we give you the discount, but you can't use the credit from the GS right next door over here because we are 2 completely different companies with different filing systems" speech they give to people everytime I go in there.

I stopped in my local MS today, and they had this sale going on (didn't see it posted). The sign said for DVDs, but the guy said it'd work on any used movies.

Not that great a deal, since most of their used movies are overpriced anyway, but figured I'd post it in case.

Here's what the flyer says since you can't read the fine print from there.

All Used Movies Buy 3 Get 1 Free!

Up to 50% off New Box Sets
*Select titles only. Titles vary by location. Supplies limited.*

Buy 2 Get 1 Free New Blu-ray Movies
*Select Blu-ray titles only. Free item must be of equal or lesser value. Selection may vary. Supplies limited.*

Buy 1 Get 1 Free Horror Movies
*Free item must be of equal or lesser value. Select titles only. Selection may vary. Supplies limited.*

so the b3g1 free also applies for blu-ray? I went on saturday but didn't even think of asking. The b2g1 blu-ray table only had about 20 titles and were $25-$35. There are some overprice used titles but you can also get some good deals on others.

If This is the wrong forum Im sorry .. please move it

Does any one have any experience with trading in dvd there? Do they give you good trade in values or are they like gamestop? I just have a bunch of dvd I want to get rid of and I found out there is a moviestop by my house

They give really good values on new movies. Usually everything single disc gets $12 in the first two weeks. It goes down from there.

They have a deal going on now where if you trade 4 movies with TIV's of $1.50 or more, you get $20 off a new/preorder dvd/blu-ray.

[quote name='Bezerker']They give really good values on new movies. Usually everything single disc gets $12 in the first two weeks. It goes down from there.

They have a deal going on now where if you trade 4 movies with TIV's of $1.50 or more, you get $20 off a new dvd/blu-ray.[/quote]

sorry to hijack your thread OP but i was wondering if there is any other company that does those kinda promotions (or anything similar) seeing as Moviestop decided to completely skip over South Carolina when planning their stores. ( i go to college in utah if that happens to open up any other doors)

and OP i gotta say that this is the best way to upgrade your dvd collection to blu-ray. cause i've looked into trading my old dvds (not all of them just the ones that i don't enjoy anymore) into a place like FYE and selling them online and they fetch next to nothing. sad really

Wow, that's a pretty good promotion. Too bad there are only a couple of MovieStop stores in Jersey, and they are way too far away to make the trip worthwhile.

bread's done
Back