Official Moviestop Thread - B3G1F, 40% off used Anime

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
Current Deals: I do not have any end dates, but it looks like Moviestop is currently running a B3G1 Free promotion on used items. Also all used anime is 40% off. The promotions stack with their discount card, but the 40% anime won't stack with the B3G1

Check out Moviestop.com For More Info.

7618_136398561601_14006986601_2478958_1753767_n.jpg

Trade 4 Details:

Moviestop has been running a deal where if you trade 4 movies in you get $19.99 +tax credit toward any new release (including Blu-ray). All of the dvds must be worth at least $1.50 in trade in value to qualify. If there is nothing that you want to pre-order, you may select something that comes out in a few months and then switch your pre-order once something you want gets released/announced. All stores will be running this deal, however they will no longer be advertising it, so you'll have to ask for the deal. Click the spoiler for a list of studios they accept.

Anchor Bay
Columbia/Sony
Buena Vista
Dreamworks
First Look Pictures
Fox
Genius Products
Hart Sharpe
Lionsgate-Artisan
Magnolia
MGM
New Yorker Films
Paramount
Sony Music/Wonder
Think Film
UNiversal
Vivendi
Warner
Bandai
Pioneer/Geneon
Funimation
Manga Video
ADV Films
Gold Hill Media
Media Blasters.

Last edited by a moderator:
they give terrible trade in values, at least for what I traded in.

Matrix 1
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
LOTR 1, 2 and 3
The Descent unrated with sleeve
Terminator 3 FS
Poseidon

Those 9 movies they told me $14.50! I mean yes they are common and poseidon T3 are poop but $14.50?? So seeing the trade 4 dvds in and get 1/2 off blu-ray pre-order I said i would use 4 movies to do that deal and take credit for the rest. So like 10 minutes later...yes 10 minutes she said she messed up transaction and supervisor said i can pick out a dvd for free. I stated i wanted a blu-ray and I picked up 2 used ones that came to $33 total and they shaved off $16! :) on top of the $16 that applied to the blu-ray pre-order. So in the end i went from $14.50 trade-in to getting $32 after some shody cashier work that took 10 minutes too long.

Btw if you do the trade 4 dvds in to get 50% off a blu-ray preorder its not really a good deal because it's only the selected movies on the sign. The only options for me were harold and kumar (came out a day later) or iron man (which was months away). I say trade your movies in at fye as you get more there...

My gf took 3 movies in to trade to them on Sat. They quoted her just over $2. She was about to take it, but I was looking at some movies nearby & overheard. I told her "why don't you just take them to Blockbuster?" The cashier says "Oh, what kind of deal are they running?" I told them about their minimum $4 credit for any movie (in my area, at any rate). She says "even the one without a case?" Ironically, the one she was talking about was in a GS generic case. I kinda chuckled and said, "even if not, she'd still get $8 for the other two."

[quote name='munch']Some of you have gotten deals on HD DVDs. Were they marked differently, or was there an unadvertised sale?[/quote]

All the HD-DVD's in my store are marked $3.99 (King Kong & Bourne Identity mostly) to $9.99 (everything else). Boxsets vary from $5.99 (Nip Tuck Season 4, which i re-sold on ebay for $23) to $29.99 (Heroes & Ultimate Matrix). That should be the national price.

[FONT=&quot]
b1g1_top.jpg

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
b1g1_upper.jpg

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
b1g1_lower.jpg

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

*Free item must be of equal or lesser value. Does not include blu-ray movies. Not valid with any other offer. Limit one coupon per customer.

Awesome, glad we're going to Atlanta (nearest Moviestop) on saturday, hopefully some good anime is available used.

decided to bump the thread with the new coupon, once again thanks to Bossman.

I wish my store would put me on the email list for these coupons. They have a list going in store which i signed 2 weeks ago.

Cant seem to get this coupon to print correctly, only wants to save the middle part of it when i right click save. Is this found in their advertisment mag

Bump, Moviestop is clearing out on their HD-DVD's with a 40% off sticker price. The 40% also stacks with the B1G1 coupon.

I picked up Heroes Season 1 & Planet Earth (both on HD-DVD) for $18 total. Very very nice.

I also confirmed that the B1G1 coupon is not limit 2 items, you an Buy 2 and Get 2 Free, Buy 3 and get 3 Free, so on and so forth.

[quote name='beavis']Cant seem to get this coupon to print correctly, only wants to save the middle part of it when i right click save. Is this found in their advertisment mag[/quote]

That's because the coupon is actually made up of 4 separate images. You would need to save all these images and put them together. I get it as an e-mail newsletter from GameStop News [[email protected]]. I don't remember how I signed up for it tbh.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/moviestop/buy1get1/b1g1_top.jpg
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/moviestop/buy1get1/b1g1_upper.jpg
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/moviestop/buy1get1/b1g1_lower.jpg
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/moviestop/buy1get1/b1g1_bottom.jpg

[quote name='Bezerker']Bump, Moviestop is clearing out on their HD-DVD's with a 40% off sticker price. The 40% also stacks with the B1G1 coupon.

I picked up Heroes Season 1 & Planet Earth (both on HD-DVD) for $18 total. Very very nice.

I also confirmed that the B1G1 coupon is not limit 2 items, you an Buy 2 and Get 2 Free, Buy 3 and get 3 Free, so on and so forth.[/QUOTE]

That maybe YMMV. My store didnt let me do that. I did however pick up Rome Season 1 and John Adams for 40. Going to hit up the other one in my town tommorow and hopefully they will let me stack

Woah. Can't believe i missed this thread with this coupon by one day. I have recieved 2 B1G1 coupons in the mail for Moviestop and used both but haven't seen an online one. Please if this coupon pops up again I would be so grateful for you to post it again.

I went in today to reserve Incredible Hulk on BR with the trade 4 promo. Each DVD has to trade in for $1.50. 2 of mine had a trade-in credit of $1.49. So essentially MS is intentionally keeping these .01 lower so they can't qualify for the promo. That's a great way to encourage repeat customers.:roll:

[quote name='neocisco']I went in today to reserve Incredible Hulk on BR with the trade 4 promo. Each DVD has to trade in for $1.50. 2 of mine had a trade-in credit of $1.49. So essentially MS is intentionally keeping these .01 lower so they can't qualify for the promo. That's a great way to encourage repeat customers.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they were a really cool company before GameStop sunk their teeth all the way in.

Not really a deal but Iron Man Midnight Launch Party tonight at MovieStop

[FONT=&quot]
ime1.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
ime2.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
ime3.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

*Reserve any new release prior to the release date and MovieStop will beat the lowest nationally advertised price. Ask for details.

Not sure if its YMMV, but im told that Moviestop should be doing a B2G1 tonight & Tomorrow all day to celebrate the release.

They also came out with a new 50% off all items $11.99 and under coupon. I'll have a scan when I can.

[FONT=&quot]
halloween01.jpg

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
halloween02.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
halloween03.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

*FREE Collectible Pin with any Nightmare Before Christmas or Disney title purchase. While supplies last.

*Free movie must be a used copy of Boogeyman, The Grudge or The Exorcist: The Beginning. Limit one per customer for every 3 movies purchased. While supplies last. No rainchecks.

Offer is valid October 13 through November 2

I don't know how many stores are doing this, but MovieStop has a card of their own now called the Director's Club card, much like the Edge Card. Here are the stats on it:

- You pay $15
- 10% off all used movies purchased
- 10% bonus credit trade credit when trading movies (it says some restrictions apply, I don't know what they are)
- 55 weeks of Entertainment Weekly magazine..I asked about this considering I already have a subscription, the cashier said it would add time onto my current subscription

Pretty good deal in my opinion, the card lasts for one year, the cashier punches the month and year it will expire, much more flimsy than Edge card, not credit card style so credit cannot be applied to it

[quote name='Byramerica']I don't know how many stores are doing this, but MovieStop has a card of their own now called the Director's Club card, much like the Edge Card. Here are the stats on it:

- You pay $15
- 10% off all used movies purchased
- 10% bonus credit trade credit when trading movies (it says some restrictions apply, I don't know what they are)
- 55 weeks of Entertainment Weekly magazine..I asked about this considering I already have a subscription, the cashier said it would add time onto my current subscription

Pretty good deal in my opinion, the card lasts for one year, the cashier punches the month and year it will expire, much more flimsy than Edge card, not credit card style so credit cannot be applied to it[/QUOTE]
Yea, I signed up for the card a couple weeks ago and have 2 issues of EW so far. The interesting thing is I received a post card in the mail from entertainment weekly saying "With your one-year subscription, you get a free Directors Club card ($2 retail value.)"

This is referring to my discount card that according to the clerk "is $15 with a free subscription to Entertainment Weekly." But the card has it the other way around, so I am wondering if you can just get the card for $2, and I also wonder if it works the same way the Gamestop and Gameinformer.

I see over in the game deals forum that GS is apparently running a bonus trade-in credit promo with 3/4/5 titles, starting on Monday. Does MS mirror GS on these types of promos?

Thanks for any info; I'm trying to decide whether to hit MS today for the trade-4-for-a-free-new-release promo, or wait until next week for 'something better.'

Unfortunately no, Moviestop considers itself a seperate entity, especially now that they no longer accept the edge card, and you also cannot use GS credit.

I honestly haven't been to my Moviestop in a while. I'll probably hit it up tomorrow or Sunday to see what new promotions are upcoming.

[FONT=&quot]
dse_top.jpg

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
dse_upper.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
dse_lower.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

*Save $10 when you reserve both Wall-E and The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian by 11/17/08. $9.99 sale price valid only when both titles are reserved. Some restrictions apply. Ask for details.

**Some restrictions apply. Offer valid through 11/23/08. Free item must be of equal or lesser value. Limited one per person. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. See sales associate for complete details. No dealers.

They opened a new MovieStop in Spotsylvania, VA a couple of weeks ago...have already spent way too much money at the place. My only issue is that they get VERY pissy if you do not preorder anything when you check out.

Just as a heads up, today I went to my local MovieStop in Jacksonville, FL (this may be YMMV) but they were having B3G1 free offer for all used games thru this Sunday, I also saw a B2G1 on select titles as a Manager's special, mostly kids movies, Disney; I picked up The Rocketeer, Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo and Herbie Rides Again for just over $20 (they were all new)...I gotta head back tomorrow for the used cuz I didn't have time or energy to search like I wanted to

Hope this helps someone

Is there a MovieStop newsletter you guys are signed up to to get these ads? I see they're hosted at gamestop.com.

Yea, if you go in-store they have a sheet to sign up.

I went to MS on Tuesday, they werent running any special deals other than the random clearance tables, with mostly kids movies. I put in the details for the Dark Knight release party.

answer to your question munch is no, they don't accept GS credit. Also, I don't know if anyone else has seen this but I have seen that 4 used DVD trade in for new release info in my MS's preorder listing book towards the back, I'm gonna do this this weekend to pre-order The Dark Knight and I'll remember it for future reference for other pre-orders, it's a nice deal

I can confirm that Moviestop does not accept GS credit, which is very unfortunate as I've got over a grand in GS credit right now.

Just got back from my MovieStop in Jacksonville, Fl and there are lots of advertisements for that 4 trades get a new release by preorder. Also good is B2G1 free kid's movies, sports, music, and special interest DVD's as well as B3G1 used movies. Also I saw "Trade 4 movies, put that credit towards a pre-order, get extra $5 towards that pre-order."

As a heads up and a bump, MovieStop has a flyer I got on Black Friday that has some interesting coupons. The deals are week to week:

12/1 to 12/7: B2G1 All Used Movies
12/8 to 12/14: 50% Extra Credit on all trades
12/15 to 12/21: Free $10 GC w/ purchase > $75
12/22 to 12/28: B1G1 50% off all used Blu-Ray

Some restrictions apply

[quote name='Byramerica']As a heads up and a bump, MovieStop has a flyer I got on Black Friday that has some interesting coupons. The deals are week to week:

Some restrictions apply[/QUOTE]

I just called my closest store and they said they've got B3G1 going on right now. Maybe the B2G1 is a regional/local thing?

[quote name='Byramerica']As a heads up and a bump, MovieStop has a flyer I got on Black Friday that has some interesting coupons. The deals are week to week:

Some restrictions apply[/quote]

If you could post a scan of this I would really appreciate it. I was out of town Thanksgiving weekend and couldn't get by to get one. Thanks.

ive been pulling a lot of 16 hour days at work, so I havent had the time to stop at a MS so i can properly update the thread. I'm working 7a-10p tomorrow and 7a-7p on Saturday, so I probably wont have time to go til Sunday. Hopefully someone else knows of the happenings at MS

Went to a couple of Moviestops today and they are having a big 50% box set sale. Included were various seasons of The Simpsons, The Sopranos, Smallville, and many others. Most of the ones I saw were off Used copies so there were some good deals (and the Director's Club discount adds on top of the 50% off). I got the Complete Series of Seinfeld (with coffee table book and all) for $90.

Here are the shows I remember seeing on sale at a couple Moviestops:
The Simpsons Seasons 1-6 (might be more)
The Sopranos Seasons 1-3 (might be more)
Smallville Seasons 1-6
Laguna Beach
Run's House
Alias (Saw Seasons 2 and 4)
Six Feet Under (Saw Season 1-4)
Dallas (Don't know which seasons)
The Amazing Race Season 1
Complete Series of Seinfeld
Complete Series of Full House
Complete Series of The OC
Complete Series of Miami Vice
Complete Series of Gilmore Girls

And LOTS more I don't remember.

[quote name='bossman']I have seemed to stop getting emails from MS :cry:[/QUOTE]

Last thing I got was that they were changing the name to e-play. Don't know if that refers to the whole chain, or just the kiosks.

www.e-play.com

Anyone know of any current trade-in deals they're running, specifically on blu-rays? I have a couple of blu-ray movies I'd like to trade in, but not sure where I'd get the better deal (and my MS is 30 mins away).

bread's done
Back