Official NHL 11 CAG Team - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Nights Tue @ 10e / Fri @ 8e

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Thanks guys! We're moving to Nashville. I've been a musician my entire life but went to college because it was the "smart" thing to do. My wife was still in school when I graduated, so I started my own videography business and did a few corporate projects (which I hated). But other than that it was mostly weddings (which I grew to hate).

Once the economy tanked I decided to just go with what makes me happy. Being in a bigger city always made sense for us anyway, and even with my degree there wasn't a lot of opportunities where we were. Hence the move to Nashville. As long as I can do something musically it will be worth it.

Now, that's enough about me. How did the hickeys go last night?

EDIT - oh, and also I kill people. Just kidding...or am I???[/QUOTE]

Nice, there's lots of music in Nashville. Good luck to you both.

I've been hoping to play most nights but haven't really seen everyone on, I'm really on mainly from 9:30-11. Work has been rough lately.

Maybe I'll see some peeps on tonight.

Wow...I can't believe Amazon is offering a $20 credit with NHL 12 (FINALLY!). That's freaking awesome. That'll probably convince me to get both Madden and NHL this year since I can save $20 on both. :)

I'm actually back home right now and could play over the next couple nights (apartment application is supposed to take about a week. so we're at the "hurry up and wait" stage of moving right now). But if you guys have already replaced me with Magicking, I understand. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm actually back home right now and could play over the next couple nights (apartment application is supposed to take about a week. so we're at the "hurry up and wait" stage of moving right now). But if you guys have already replaced me with Magicking, I understand. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we voted you off the island.

As usual, I'm available tonight and Sunday night (which also happens to be MLB's trade deadline, one of my favorite days).

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah, we voted you off the island.

As usual, I'm available tonight and Sunday night (which also happens to be MLB's trade deadline, one of my favorite days).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see what happens when I'm gone. You bunch of overachieving fuck ups (oxymoron? :whistle2:s) go and finish in Elite. Way to go, guys! :roll:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I see what happens when I'm gone. You bunch of overachieving fuck ups (oxymoron? :whistle2:s) go and finish in Elite. Way to go, guys! :roll:[/QUOTE]

I blame Gary.

I wanted to say, Malibu's Most Wanted is awesome, It has Nick Swardson and Kal Pen! I need to get it on Blu-Ray now.

Also, as I promised. My custom x60's. 8 3/4 on the right and 9 on my left. Rolled cuff, re enforced eyelets, a 4 stiffness (highest is a 5 and the X50 is naturally a 2),LS2 steel, and an awesome lining and just got a custom 11" radius on them.

100_2447.jpg

100_2446.jpg

100_2445.jpg

I think I'm just going to stop until my connection issues are solved. It feels like 75% of the time I drop, and I dont want to be a liability like that.

I guess agree to disagree, I saw it. I thought it was corny and the character was way overly-stupid. That character and the guy you see in that clip above are totally different even though they are supposed to be the same.

Here we go, fellas. Stats for July: our 11th month of NHL 11. Anybody who is closing in on any milestones, you've got one last month to get it done. I think I'm going to hold off on updating hockey cards and just do a final update after August.

July 2011 Stats

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Here we go, fellas. Stats for July: our 11th month of NHL 11. Anybody who is closing in on any milestones, you've got one last month to get it done. I think I'm going to hold off on updating hockey cards and just do a final update after August.

July 2011 Stats[/QUOTE]

Hey Nate, do you need to borrow a calculator?

Ltor: G: 12 A: 13 P: 33?

[quote name='jza1218']Hey Nate, do you need to borrow a calculator?

Ltor: G: 12 A: 13 P: 33?[/QUOTE]

Haha, oops. I should have known that number was way too high for him. :)

[quote name='moojuice']Wait, are you doing those calculations by hand? Or just a type transferring data?[/QUOTE]

It's on a spreadsheet. I usually calculate the monthly total in my head (what the website shows minus the prior month's career total). I've got formulas set up for the career totals though, so when I insert rows, it just keeps adding to it. For points though, obviously, I could have just added G + A. Just an oversight. Don't worry, boss. It won't happen again! :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good games last night. I don't know what it was, but we were a force. 4-0, outscoring our opponents 17 to 4. We won 5-2, 5-1, 5-1, and then 2-0 (which became 3-0 when they quit). Actually beat some good teams too. I'm pretty excited to see how our progress this year translates to NHL 12.

Have they talked about any new features for 12? I want to pick up 11 and join you guys but I feel like it's a little late in the game.. was thinking about getting either NHL or FIFA 12 at launch but haven't heard of any ground breaking new stuff in the new NHL game.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Have they talked about any new features for 12? I want to pick up 11 and join you guys but I feel like it's a little late in the game.. was thinking about getting either NHL or FIFA 12 at launch but haven't heard of any ground breaking new stuff in the new NHL game.[/QUOTE]

All you could possibly want to know on the new game.

http://www.ea.com/nhl/blog

The demo should also be out in a few weeks. Last year's was released on 8/17...though the game came out 9/7. This year, the game launches on 9/13, so could be a week later with the demo.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Really good games last night. I don't know what it was, but we were a force. 4-0, outscoring our opponents 17 to 4. We won 5-2, 5-1, 5-1, and then 2-0 (which became 3-0 when they quit). Actually beat some good teams too. I'm pretty excited to see how our progress this year translates to NHL 12.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry, my internet crapped out again, this time for at least 30 minutes, when I went to bed.

have you guys ever preordered from Amazon and done free shipping? I wonder when I'll actually get the game, might be a week later it looks like.

[quote name='DestroVega']have you guys ever preordered from Amazon and done free shipping? I wonder when I'll actually get the game, might be a week later it looks like.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I've had Prime for like 3 years now, so I always get free release date delivery. Back in the day when I'd do the free option, it didn't seem that slow. Maybe 3-4 days. You could always buy a copy at Wal-Mart on launch day and then return your Amazon copy to Wal-Mart with the original receipt when it comes in. I don't think the cases will be any different since none of the pre-order bonuses come inside the case as far as I know.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not sure. I've had Prime for like 3 years now, so I always get free release date delivery. Back in the day when I'd do the free option, it didn't seem that slow. Maybe 3-4 days. You could always buy a copy at Wal-Mart on launch day and then return your Amazon copy to Wal-Mart with the original receipt when it comes in. I don't think the cases will be any different since none of the pre-order bonuses come inside the case as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, i'll do that, thanks dude

Sorry I didn't make it back last night, guys. My wife wanted to watch True Blood, and then I fell asleep. Getting worn out pretty easily getting ready to move in this damn heat.

No big deal. The servers crapped out on us again after a little while so we stopped anyways.

The last game it looped a rink flyover on my screen until it dropped. Funny thing was I got two bitching messages about us pause glitching them. :)

Haha classy. Yeah, when I messaged that #35 overall team to make sure they knew the only reason they beat us was because we lost two of our guys, they responded with "that's what sore losers say to make themselves feel better." Yeah, 1 goal on their first 6 shots...then we lose two guys and they score 3 on their next 5. Nothing wrong with the AI defense. As soon as we lose human defenders all of a sudden they can deke into the zone for easy shots. That sounds about right.

Nice! Can't WAIT for natural hat trick in EASHL! I know many of us will have a fun time going for that one.

We got the final approval on the apartment, so I'll be moving on Friday. After that, I get to sign up for Comcast and share the frustration with Brandon and Alan. :)

I think I've actually done a natural trick playing with all of us once or twice.

Don't really love those achievements, a lot of them require A TON of BAP. something I really don't play all that much with HUT and EASHL as options.

Not surpised glock posted the achievements. I will be playing a lot of BAP since it's revamped. Hopefully the big announcement is the addition of NCAA teams

[quote name='n8rockerasu']We got the final approval on the apartment, so I'll be moving on Friday. After that, I get to sign up for Comcast and share the frustration with Brandon and Alan. :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club :p

High Flying15
gp-g.png
Score a goal after completing a jump deke in a Ranked Online Shootout match

It's like that one was made for Brandon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back