Official NHL Not 15 (14) Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Headsets On Pants Off! New Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either they changed the page, or I'm missing something here....

Also:

K3veuB0.gif

Usually Midnight-ish EST.

We cant figure out how to send an invite. You'll have to look up Friends Teams in the Hub, and send a req, then someone can accept it

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, the card is only about halfway through, so probably not midnight. At this pace, I'm probably gonna call it a  night when the event is done.

Yeah, with all these Ultimate Fighter Brazil fights it is going way long.  Going to call it a night once all this is over too.  Will be around tomorrow night after about 5:30 or 6 pm MST.

This right here Alan.

If you are on Xbox One and receiving a ‘Failed to retrieve data, please try again’ error, please follow these steps to get into the EASHL Beta.

Sign in to your Xbox One with your primary Xbox Live Gold Gamertag.

Ensure that the Xbox you are using is set as your Home Xbox One. This will allow all accounts on this Xbox One to share the Gold status.

Create a brand new Xbox One Gamertag. This does not require a Gold subscription. Please ensure that the Gamertag does not contain any spaces.

Boot the NHL 16 Closed Beta with the new Xbox Gamertag.
Select the EASHL tile

[quote name="DarkTower80" post="12843154" timestamp="1438490888"]We just went with Flying Vegans for now.[/quote]

Never mind found it. Had to change the region. Join request sent.

I'm looking to get on XBL between 5-6 P.M. Pacific. Who's a part of the team thus far? Brandon, Alan, Rob, that striker1999 guy? I was thinking Gary had been playing with other friends. Not sure about Nate.

[quote name="Matt Young" post="12844287" timestamp="1438553545"]I'm looking to get on XBL between 5-6 P.M. Pacific. Who's a part of the team thus far? Brandon, Alan, Rob, that striker1999 guy? I was thinking Gary had been playing with other friends. Not sure about Nate.[/quote]

Hmm. I might be on about that time. Might be a little later though.

I didn't join CAG as most of yall play later. I'm free during the days and club hoping to who ever plays the most.

I still haven't gotten to play at all. Got on last night and messaged Rob but never heard back. Brandon was in a Titanfall party the whole time and I only saw Alan on for a few minutes.

I'll probably be playing something with the CAG Gaming Night group, but I already mentioned that I would be leaving if you guys decided to play the beta. Please message/invite me if you play. If I'm in a multiplayer match at the moment, I'll switch over immediately after it ends. I just need my hockey fix!

Yeah, I accidentally turned my Xbox one when i was cleaning up my desk, so thats why I was only on a few minutes. We played later on, but you weren't online at that time.

Im probably not going to play tonight, but ill play Tues and Wednesday.

Yeah, I accidentally turned my Xbox one when i was cleaning up my desk, so thats why I was only on a few minutes. We played later on, but you weren't online at that time.

Im probably not going to play tonight, but ill play Tues and Wednesday.

Those games last night were fun and I have so many recorded plays. The best was Brandons pass to me at the point for a beautiful one timer to my self, as to which I scored and automatically got kicked.

Goalie was fun, but the new controls are a lot to learn.

Ok, cool. I'll be on playing CSGO anyways tonight, so send me a message here or on steam and ill switch when the current match is over.

I'll be downloading mountains of data for Rare Replay in the mean time. RIP xb1 Hard drive.

Yeah, 10 PM is do able.

Just get a 1 tb Alan. Like 60 bucks. The NC titles are killing me now. But I'm still at 50% with a lot of games on it

I already have a 1 TB lol. NHL and Rare replay are my only non-digital games, everything else i've gone digital. Its weird, I was going to buy RR on digital too, but knowing that they were "old" games, it felt weird  knowing there was a physical item associated with those games if I bought them digitally.

Sorry about last night. My wife had her best friend over so I wasn't able to hop on and play. If anyone is around tomorrow around afternoon at roughly 1230-1 Central, let me know.

Is there a way to drop into games during this beta or do you have to be in a club?  If you guys are playing tonight I wouldn't mind checking it out. 

You have to be in a club. They made everything about this beta inconvenient. Team name is Flying Vegans. You just need to search and send a join request and one of the GMs can add you.

I deleted the beta yesterday.  I played about 20 games total.  The lag on my 100mbps connection ranged from infuriating to just bad enough to not want to buy the game.  The beta saved me $60.

I played with several people and groups.  It's pretty awful that NHL 09 was better.  September, October, and November have too many good games coming out to waste on this.  I loved EASHL a few years back and I'm sad that it sucks.  Hopefully the game on release is fixed and I can pick it up for a discount somewhere.

Yeah, I just got my (legitimate, haha) GameStop 20% off pre-owned birthday coupon email today, and it doesn't expire until 11/30/15. I'm going to take that as a sign that I should wait a month and buy the game used like I did last year. Literally, the most enjoyable thing about the game is just playing with you guys and having a laugh. But the gameplay is mostly still shit. I'm not going to reward EA for that.

There are improvements, but when you can just run into the goalie and push him out of the crease to score, you have a broken game. I'd say "oh, maybe they'll tune penalties for the full version", but yeah right. When have they ever done that?

I'm also uncertain how the player classes are going to go. I know they supposedly made all classes have the same speed for the beta, and on paper, that seems like a fair idea. But my speedy playmaker build in 14 got knocked on his ass all the time. I'd rather see that than see the "everybody is the same" type of balance. Each class needs clearly defined pros and cons that can't be circumvented by bullshit tactics. It feels like I'm skating in quicksand in 16 sometimes.

I like the classes. Each one is specific to your play style IMHO. I love grinder for Wing and it's how I play. For me though, it's the only hockey game out sadly. I do like how you really can defend the cross crease now if you just kneed and not get a tripping penalty. Also, playing your role and watching out for a pinching D and falling back rewards you. If you cyle the puck around, you also get rewarded. Perfect example is Brandon going behind the net and just looking at the point. He saw me and I freaking Buttrocketed it in for a goal. I think 16 is all about cycling and not just being a one many army.

Speaking of, anybody for some games tonight? Perferabbly no goalie though. I'll be on around 10 CT or 11 EST. No idea if that's right or not.

Hmm...interesting that they extended the beta again and even tuned the game a bit. I should be done with my parental duties for the evening, so I can probably play for a few hours. Might as well try out the new stuff and see if it makes any kind of difference in gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back