Official NHL Not 15 (14) Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Headsets On Pants Off! New Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. Full credit to EA for listening to what the people want and giving it to them.
I just pray the new player classes do a better job of negating douchery than stat caps did. When you guys get some club games going (or even drop ins), see if Power Forward still feels like it's better than everything else. The one thing I could see making a difference is if they slowed it down, so you felt like you couldn't keep up (or had to play super cautious).

I know the game always seems to play best in the beginning (when everybody's stats are shit and they can't do magic tricks on the ice). But I'm still not clear on how the classes level up. Do your skills increase individually based on your performance? (ie. get a bunch of assists = passing skill increases) Or do they go up universally (according to your class) when you reach certain levels...like cards in the past?

Yes, we have a team. If you have DarkTower on your friend list, you can just filter the club search by "friends only" and send a join request to "Nuggets". I sent one just a few moments ago, myself.

Yeah. You do level up in a meaningless user ranking system and earn fancy medallions which EA says will be "prominently displayed" in game. Yippee.

I can't wait to see XxX420BlazinXxX with is Prestige Level 3 badge. It's going to be so dope.

In other news, my strong sexual feelings toward all you gentlemen is starting to overcome (yeah, I said it) my desires to not give EA money.

I acquired a $100 Best Buy gift card yesterday (took advantage of their promo for upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy S6...which came with the gift card and a free Galaxy Tab 3 tablet), so I think I'm finally going to bite the bullet, go to Best Buy this weekend, sign up for GCU and get my NHL pre-order in. With Rock Band, South Park, and another UFC game coming down the pipe, it seems like a reasonably prudent thing to do.

So excited about all those HUT packs, lol. Oh boy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the only leveling up is for games and goals and assists and shit, but it's like an achievement thing fro EA is with the badges. The Player classes are still all locked in and the same however. Hopefully tomorrow, we get the gang (bang) back together.

Damn. Full credit to EA for listening to what the people want and giving it to them.
I don't know why, but reading that list, it actually gave me an opposite reaction. It actually made me even more angry that like 90% of that list is what should have been there to begin with last year. And then they waited until days before release to let us know. Then this year, they tout it as features. fuck off EA. Yeah, yeah, I know they do that a lot (size matters, anyone?), but its just how many things were "secret" last year makes it much worse in my opinion

I don't know why, but reading that list, it actually gave me an opposite reaction. It actually made me even more angry that like 90% of that list is what should have been there to begin with last year. And then they waited until days before release to let us know. Then this year, they tout it as features. fuck off EA. Yeah, yeah, I know they do that a lot (size matters, anyone?), but its just how many things were "secret" last year makes it much worse in my opinion
I guess I look at is them learning their lesson and at least trying to make the consumer happy.

I defnitely had that reaction reading the first paragraph because it felt very PR heavy. Like "EA cares about what you think! And we listened!"

When it's actually "Here's a bunch of stuff that used to be in the game...that we took out last year because we're super dumb. But good news! We put it back in! BUT...we also changed two things so it doesn't seem like you're throwing away $60 for shit that you already had!"

lol...that was my initial reaction. Then I thought about it, and considered that I might be being a little unfair. Regardless of how badly they fucked up last year, if this is the game everybody was expecting, and the changes they made do more to help the gameplay rather than hurt it, then it COULD be a decent hockey game. Operative word, "could"...and whether or pessimism has become the go to reaction for this series now is another matter. But there's a chance it might not be horrible.

The biggest joke was charging $60 for NHL 15...and similarly, charging $60 for the "Legacy Edition" of this year's game on Xbox 360/PS3. EA completely deserves a shaft up the ass for both of those decisions.

So I just played a single player season game. My 80-rated team against some 60-ish team. Final score? 34-0 me. Seems legit.
I had the same thing last night. I have a screenshot of it I was going to post.

As for the play-by-play team name. I don't think you could last year. Can you this year?

As for HUT. I'm very disappointed in the returning user bonus this year. Last year I was given around 35 packs and out of those I pulled a decent lineup. This year they capped it at 10 packs of what they said were gold jumbo packs (24 cards/7 rare). I'm pretty sure the description when I opened them said 25 cards / 4 rare. Which is pretty close to what I ended up with. So regardless, after 240 cards, I pulled a Gaudreau, Cogliano, Brodin, Johannsen, Justin Williams, Callahan, and a Josi... However, apparently those ratings lists, were not for HUT. As Josi is only an 88 as opposed to the 90 or 91 they said he would be. One of the cards I actually was glad to pull even though he's only an 80 was Namestikov.

Overall, fuck EA, and their asshat backwards ratings. As a Wings fan, seeing Tatar and Nyquist as 84 or 85, Zetty as an 88, and that waste of space Franzen as an 85 makes my head want to explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back