Official NYC/Westchester Thread - 30 members and growing

mgriff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Subscribe to this thread

I always see the Chicago Thread and I always feel that there should be an NYC thread due to the fact that I think alot of us are in the NYC and Westchester. Let me know what you think.

People in NYC/Westchester/Surrounding Areas Who Have Posted In Here:

akkis99
ananag112
anthonyroundtree
arcadia67
arsenalgear
BABETOOTH
balzak520
bezelbubba
bivensra
chaoszero
cheapyd
chris mrozek
chubs189
cjg725
connigit
coolieman2001
corruptiondee
crazeman
dago2727
depascal22
DerangedHermit
djak1
encendido5
epic wolf
evo t rex
fireshooter
fugazi_chichimon
gamoid
greydemise
guest number 2
gugaplex
he1neken28
help1
i am william h. macy
ikilledlassic
illenium
jam3582
javeryh
jedi1979
jeremy
jetblac
jive3d
johnnyc
Jrunt20x
kill3r7
megawc27
mgriff
Milkyman
moammo
MrMaddness
msut77
negativezero
NirvanaGuy777
nogard
notoriousxbox
omegaweapon7
outlawz42
ozzkev55
paean
paintballers
psiufoxx2
puffa469
ravaged
rhenzen
ryanbph
sallyballs
shadow9689
ShadowRayden
shadylane
smalien1
so play the violins
skycaptain99
sonicfreak5
soujiro_seta
stevesbored
thegreat2nd
trq
verbal
vherub
wildnuts02
Wombat
xeionp
zarathosny

Just post in this thread if your in NYC, Westchester, or Around Those Areas and I'll add you to the list.

1-16-08 - I know I haven't updated this list in forever, but i'll try to work on it as I have nothing to do all next week :p... up to page 8 right now...like 10 more to go...

I can never really find great deals on games in the city, there are GREAT restaurants w/ GREAT food, On Saturday, I ate at Calle Ocho on Columbus and 81st, they have AMAZING Cuban Food

what do you mean I give you life.

Is there anyone else on CAG in NYC, that shares my love of Argentinian, Cuban, Caribbean Food.
I can't remember where these places are

For Argentinian Food-

Chimichurri Grill
Novecento

For Cuban Food-

Calle Ocho

For Carribean Food-

Cabana (I think its called that)

I also like to go shoot billiards at one of the many Amsterdam Billiard Halls, a bit expensive though.

[quote name='he1neken28']westchester here as well....stay away from the Galleria!!![/QUOTE]

Why should we stay away from the galleria, I was thinking of maybe paying a visit to the gamestop there, and it doesn't look as dumpy as it used to.

[quote name='mgriff']Why should we stay away from the galleria, I was thinking of maybe paying a visit to the gamestop there, and it doesn't look as dumpy as it used to.[/QUOTE]

There was a stabbing there last week. Freak incident ignore it.

Here we consider the Westchester the rich peoples mall and the galleria the poorer one, I like the atmosphere of the galleria better.

The Westchester doesn't really have any game stores though except for fye and the sony store which has rediculous prices, the only reason I go there is to eat at PF Chang's which has kickass chinese food.

[quote name='mgriff']The Westchester doesn't really have any game stores though except for fye and the sony store which has rediculous prices, the only reason I go there is to eat at PF Chang's which has kickass chinese food.[/QUOTE]

Sony Store?

The Sony Store is fairly new I think, its basically just normal priced sony products, cameras, laptops, cd players, mp3 players, headphones, and anything else sony.

Their prices are basically the same that you would pay anywhere else.

I haven't been to the Westchester in a while but smalien1 is right, it is considered the rich people mall. I think my friend said he saw Bobby Bonilla there once shopping with his wife and daughter.

Yea, The Westchester is an upscale mall, and the Galleria is nowhere as upscale as the Westchester, but the Galleria doesn't look like trash anymore.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Im in Nassau county, around 15 minutes from queens[/QUOTE]

I second that. Except 30 mins from Queens. :p

[quote name='balzak520']I second that. Except 30 mins from Queens. :p[/QUOTE]
Nassau, cool...anywhere near Merrick?

[quote name='encendido5']This is a great idea. I was wondering why we didn't have one. It would be so easy to do trades and stuff since we're all in the area.[/QUOTE]

encendido5, where do you live in the Bronx? I used to live in Parkchester, near Castle Hill.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Nassau, cool...anywhere near Merrick?[/QUOTE]

Somewhat, I used to live in Oceanside, now I live in Island Park (1 town over), near Long Beach.

[quote name='encendido5']Apparently they're putting up a Best Buy on 5th and 43/44th. Now I won't have to trek all the way to 86th to get anything.[/QUOTE]

There is a Best Buy at 6th & 23rd. I used to go there all the time when I was working on 6th Ave

Dominican with about a hundred Carribean restaurants around me up In the Platano Section of Washington Heights NYC 3 minutes from the GWB, currently at BMCC only deals out here is NO TAX on games at a Korean game store on a 184th & St. Nicholas Ave, I have a Tax off perk at another store and that Bytch Ms.Kim at the 181st st. Astral Mart Plaza wont cut anyone slack on the tax, NY taxes Suck, and my fave is Millenium Games on W.173rd St. btw Wadsworth & St Nich, all new or old used games are 50% of retail value, so $50 = $25 used and so forth. picked up tons of games there.

[quote name='Guest Number 2']encendido5, where do you live in the Bronx? I used to live in Parkchester, near Castle Hill.[/QUOTE]

I live in the northeast part of the bronx by the 2 line.

[quote name='Guest Number 2']encendido5, where do you live in the Bronx? I used to live in Parkchester, near Castle Hill.[/QUOTE]

I am in Pelham Bay guys, if ever want to get together or even trade cheap ass games or so it would be cool !!!

[quote name='ZarathosNY']There is a Best Buy at 6th & 23rd. I used to go there all the time when I was working on 6th Ave[/QUOTE]

I am salibating about this store (44th street 5th ave). I Work at 530 5th ave. Anyone knows when it opens?

westchester sq...like 5 mins from the stop at the 6...umm lets see..im often at the galleria, the westchester... no thanks...everythings to expensive, and theres not much there..theres an FYE...and uhh..lots of furniture stores i think...

[quote name='greydemise']westchester sq...like 5 mins from the stop at the 6...umm lets see..im often at the galleria, the westchester... no thanks...everythings to expensive, and theres not much there..theres an FYE...and uhh..lots of furniture stores i think...[/QUOTE]

I take the 6 to Middletown Rd. there is a little store by you on the same strip where KFC, Payless, Mcdonalds is. Is it any good. I know they have used games and stuff.

Born In Brooklyn. Raised in the Southside of Williamsburg. It wouldnt be such a bad idea to a NYC CAG meetup

[quote name='BABETOOTH']I am in Pelham Bay guys, if ever want to get together or even trade cheap ass games or so it would be cool !!![/QUOTE]

Nice, I used to go to Pelham Bay Park all the time, fun place to be. Damn... it's been a while since I went back to the Bronx, felt like forever.

I live in Manhattan right now.

Blockbuster on 33rd Street (between 3rd and Lex) in Manhattan is having Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all used games. In addition, they are clearing out a bunch of disc only games (mostly Gamecube) for $9.99 each.

Some good titles, such as:
Super Smash Bros.
Pikman 2
Mario Kart Double Dash
Rebel Assault III
Metroid Prime

Some xbox titles too:
Madden 2005
KOTOR II

I hid a nice stash on the second shelf from the top, far left.

[quote name='Verbal']Born In Brooklyn. Raised in the Southside of Williamsburg. It wouldnt be such a bad idea to a NYC CAG meetup[/QUOTE]
I concur...but theres got to be some food involved, I aint spending a day at ebgames. Wo hop's in chinatown is good, or maybe even that pizza place Difera's in midwood. Just a thought...

[quote name='CheapyD']Blockbuster on 33rd Street (between 3rd and Lex) in Manhattan is having Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all used games. In addition, they are clearing out a bunch of disc only games (mostly Gamecube) for $9.99 each.

Some good titles, such as:
Super Smash Bros.
Pikman 2
Mario Kart Double Dash
Rebel Assault III
Metroid Prime

Some xbox titles too:
Madden 2005
KOTOR II

I hid a nice stash on the second shelf from the top, far left.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up Cheapy. I'll have to check it out on Monday.

If anybody wants PoP:WW or Baten Kaitos for $10, my friend was able to successfully PM them at the Best Buy in the village (forget the exact address) using only a printout of the Circuit City website. There were still 2 copies left of each. Just make sure to adjust the margins so that the OOS part on the right side doesn't show.

Just as a heads-up, an excellent new indy videogame store opened up in Mt. Kisco in Westchester called Video Game Express...good prices and a good selection too.

Westchester here. Sounds like I'm not near any of you.. and I'm not taking a train into the city to hook up with a few cags. It's always nice to know that a fellow cag I may be chatting with may live near me though.

The Blockbuster on 34th btw 3rd/Lex just got a fresh shipment of $9.99 disc only games. Some good titles including GT4, Midnight Club III (PS2/Xbox), and Outrun II. I picked up Jade Empire (last one).

There is a sign that says 25% off, but it didn't ring up.

[quote name='CheapyD']The Blockbuster on 34th btw 3rd/Lex just got a fresh shipment of $9.99 disc only games. Some good titles including GT4, Midnight Club III (PS2/Xbox), and Outrun II. I picked up Jade Empire (last one).

There is a sign that says 25% off, but it didn't ring up.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you supposed to be in another continent?

Hey guys, I might be getting a job in White Plains and I was wondering where I can find some decent housing with parking (i have a car). I don't know the area very well and I don't want to have to commute too much, but still have train access to midtown manhattan.

feel free to PM me. thanks in advance.

[quote name='CheapyD']The Blockbuster on 34th btw 3rd/Lex just got a fresh shipment of $9.99 disc only games. Some good titles including GT4, Midnight Club III (PS2/Xbox), and Outrun II. I picked up Jade Empire (last one).

There is a sign that says 25% off, but it didn't ring up.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this for a blockbuster in Long Island (nassau). They had God of War, Halo 2, Splinter Cell: CT, Jak III, Lego Star Wars, all for 9.99 + 25% off. I got a bunch of these (spent about $45) and traded them in for $120 at EB games while they still had the $5 for 5 promotion. God of War still goes for a $25 trade-in.

bread's done
Back