Official NYC/Westchester Thread - 30 members and growing

mgriff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Subscribe to this thread

I always see the Chicago Thread and I always feel that there should be an NYC thread due to the fact that I think alot of us are in the NYC and Westchester. Let me know what you think.

People in NYC/Westchester/Surrounding Areas Who Have Posted In Here:

akkis99
ananag112
anthonyroundtree
arcadia67
arsenalgear
BABETOOTH
balzak520
bezelbubba
bivensra
chaoszero
cheapyd
chris mrozek
chubs189
cjg725
connigit
coolieman2001
corruptiondee
crazeman
dago2727
depascal22
DerangedHermit
djak1
encendido5
epic wolf
evo t rex
fireshooter
fugazi_chichimon
gamoid
greydemise
guest number 2
gugaplex
he1neken28
help1
i am william h. macy
ikilledlassic
illenium
jam3582
javeryh
jedi1979
jeremy
jetblac
jive3d
johnnyc
Jrunt20x
kill3r7
megawc27
mgriff
Milkyman
moammo
MrMaddness
msut77
negativezero
NirvanaGuy777
nogard
notoriousxbox
omegaweapon7
outlawz42
ozzkev55
paean
paintballers
psiufoxx2
puffa469
ravaged
rhenzen
ryanbph
sallyballs
shadow9689
ShadowRayden
shadylane
smalien1
so play the violins
skycaptain99
sonicfreak5
soujiro_seta
stevesbored
thegreat2nd
trq
verbal
vherub
wildnuts02
Wombat
xeionp
zarathosny

Just post in this thread if your in NYC, Westchester, or Around Those Areas and I'll add you to the list.

1-16-08 - I know I haven't updated this list in forever, but i'll try to work on it as I have nothing to do all next week :p... up to page 8 right now...like 10 more to go...

I work on 5th Ave & 47th st in NYC. And I live just across the river in Jersey.

Is anyone here planning on going to the Digital Life Expo at Javits in a couple weeks? I will definitely be there with the wifey. =D

[quote name='CheapyD']Yes, Wombat and I will be at Digital Life on Friday.[/QUOTE]

If any other CAG's will be there let us know so we can polielty ignore you :)

I too will probably be at Digital Life. I was there last year and it was cool. My friend was presenting something on robotics last year for Intel.

I am from Bergen County BTW which is less than 5 minutes from NYC.

I'm in...I grew up in Bergen County.

BTW, if you live near the Blockbuster in Hillsdale, there are multiple disc only copies of God of War and Midnight Club 3 for PS2 for $10. Enjoy!

Grew up in Westchester, Yonkers for 8 years and 15 in Yorktown. Living costs drove me up to Dutchess County, but I still work in Westchester. Valhalla and White Plains area.

[quote name='Stevesbored']I'm in...I grew up in Bergen County.

BTW, if you live near the Blockbuster in Hillsdale, there are multiple disc only copies of God of War and Midnight Club 3 for PS2 for $10. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I want God of War. Also, the Teaneck Blockbuster (the one on Cedar Lane) has Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Doom 3, and Midnight Club 3 (PS2) for $10 each.

If there was a giant Tsunami headed for the east coast Westchester and the city would be ok because Long Island would act as a giant buffer. I saw that on the Discovery Channel and for some reason found it extremely funny.

So any deals out there? I'm tempted to make a run at TRU in Times Square but am afraid I'd be wasting my time since stuff has been green-tagged for a while now.

Born and raised in the bronx. Throggs Neck, last stop on the 6.

Currently living in Brooklyn for the last few months.

And working on 40th and park.

I'm planning on check the TRU in times square next week for that buy 2 get one free sale.... still have to figure out about that green tag scam these people got going.

So who's the other person that has THUG2 reserved at the 86th street Best Buy? I picked mine up but saw another one was waiting behind the register.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']NYC here...... DIGITAL LIFE WAS FREAKIN AWESOME well not really no 360 Damn u[/QUOTE]
Did they have the REVO controller there?

[quote name='sonicfreak5']NYC here...... DIGITAL LIFE WAS FREAKIN AWESOME well not really no 360 Damn u[/QUOTE]

That was the biggest disappointment for me. I couldn't believe there wasn't a single 360 kiosk. No playable 360s ticked me off of bit, but the show was okay. Plus, I got in for free with my friends, thanks to a nice Ziff Davis code that someone gave me. Not a bad show at all, but I have higher expectations for next year's event.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, I hear some Walmarts now have Xbox 360 kiosks. Walmart has one, but Digital Life doesn't? We don't have a Walmart in any of the 5 boroughs.

hey, if anyone lives near the Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack, NY, the compusa there has a decent clearence of ps2 games. Theres a rack right when you walk in near the customer service desk. Pricing was a little wierd,, all of xx.23, xx.33, xx.47 prices.

Quickly browsing, I saw:

Devil May Cry 3 29.xx
God of War 29.xx
Xenosaga 2 11.xx
Vietiful Joe 2 9.xx
Death by Degrees 11.xx
Cold Winter 11.xx

Just a few i could remember. Saw lots of .hacks, project snowblinds, jampacks, and such. Didnt see any xbox games.

[quote name='gugaplex']hey, if anyone lives near the Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack, NY, the compusa there has a decent clearence of ps2 games. Theres a rack right when you walk in near the customer service desk. Pricing was a little wierd,, all of xx.23, xx.33, xx.47 prices.

Quickly browsing, I saw:

Devil May Cry 3 29.xx
God of War 29.xx
Xenosaga 2 11.xx
Vietiful Joe 2 9.xx
Death by Degrees 11.xx
Cold Winter 11.xx

Just a few i could remember. Saw lots of .hacks, project snowblinds, jampacks, and such. Didnt see any xbox games.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck. Thanks man. I will try and go this weekend. Hopefully there will be something good left. Thanks again.

I live in Manhattan. To prove it: I couldn't get on the friggin' subway at W. 4th today because of a "smoke condition." Lousy F line.

Is there any store in New York by which I can play a 360, I can't seem to find any. When is that Microsoft store opening up for on time square?

[quote name='Milkyman']i live in brooklyn, work in lower manhattan, right next to ground zero.[/QUOTE]

Me too! To all of that.

bread's done
Back