Official NYC/Westchester Thread - 30 members and growing

mgriff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Subscribe to this thread

I always see the Chicago Thread and I always feel that there should be an NYC thread due to the fact that I think alot of us are in the NYC and Westchester. Let me know what you think.

People in NYC/Westchester/Surrounding Areas Who Have Posted In Here:

akkis99
ananag112
anthonyroundtree
arcadia67
arsenalgear
BABETOOTH
balzak520
bezelbubba
bivensra
chaoszero
cheapyd
chris mrozek
chubs189
cjg725
connigit
coolieman2001
corruptiondee
crazeman
dago2727
depascal22
DerangedHermit
djak1
encendido5
epic wolf
evo t rex
fireshooter
fugazi_chichimon
gamoid
greydemise
guest number 2
gugaplex
he1neken28
help1
i am william h. macy
ikilledlassic
illenium
jam3582
javeryh
jedi1979
jeremy
jetblac
jive3d
johnnyc
Jrunt20x
kill3r7
megawc27
mgriff
Milkyman
moammo
MrMaddness
msut77
negativezero
NirvanaGuy777
nogard
notoriousxbox
omegaweapon7
outlawz42
ozzkev55
paean
paintballers
psiufoxx2
puffa469
ravaged
rhenzen
ryanbph
sallyballs
shadow9689
ShadowRayden
shadylane
smalien1
so play the violins
skycaptain99
sonicfreak5
soujiro_seta
stevesbored
thegreat2nd
trq
verbal
vherub
wildnuts02
Wombat
xeionp
zarathosny

Just post in this thread if your in NYC, Westchester, or Around Those Areas and I'll add you to the list.

1-16-08 - I know I haven't updated this list in forever, but i'll try to work on it as I have nothing to do all next week :p... up to page 8 right now...like 10 more to go...

Back living in the bronx again after moving to White Plains.
I'm near Wakefield. Any good deals anyone know about aroubd 233d or anything around that 2 train line?

I went back to the West Nyack Compusa to check if there was a price drop on the ps2 clearence and found that they put out the xbox games. Picked up KOTOR2, Oddworld Stranger, and Prince of Persia warrior within for 12.xx each. Saw some Halo 2 collectors editions clearenced for 29.xx if i remember correctly. Not much xbox stuff, but they still had a lot of ps2 stuff.

Count me in! Live in Queens, work in Midtown.

BTW, anyone else find it Cheapy's first post in the thread funny now that the location says Tokyo?

[quote name='smalien1']If there was a giant Tsunami headed for the east coast Westchester and the city would be ok because Long Island would act as a giant buffer. I saw that on the Discovery Channel and for some reason found it extremely funny.[/QUOTE]
:x

Middle of Nassau County, here.

Also current resident of Indiana...ha ha ha, multiple areas! NY will always be home, though, considering I plan to work and live there once I graduate (god willing!).

[quote name='MeGaWC27']mgriff not updating list, i dotn see my name there :([/QUOTE]

Mine's not either.
CheapyD is a former resident, but as he's now in Tokyo I don't think he counts anymore.

[quote name='Lextacy']Awesome.
Born and raised in the Bronx
Work in manhattan
Currently live in Queens[/QUOTE]

Thats something along my lines.

Born in Brooklyn.
Lived in Queens for around 12 years,
Worked in Manhattan here and there
Now I live in Yonkers.

That's hysterical. I'm from Katonah. Love going to JV and not just for the 14 year old girls dressing like 19 yr old sl*ts. (what is the rating on this site, PG-13?)

[quote name='arsenalgear']The Westchester blows...go to the Jefferson Valley--they've got GameStop, EB, FYE, and pedophiles at night![/QUOTE]

[quote name='MeGaWC27']mgriff not updating list, i dotn see my name there :([/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't have time to update the list anymore, I don't have enough time to with high school :fridge:

Where is everybody going to on black friday? I'm going to the Palisades mall early and see what I can find. I think I'll take my DS and Mario Kart also to play while waiting on the hour long checkout line at the Best Buy.

[quote name='Skycaptain99']Anybody going to Roosevelt Field Mall...?[/QUOTE]

Lol i bet half the people in this thread dont know what that is or what walt whitman mall is.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Reed, I live in scarsdale. I'm a senior at SHS. PM me![/QUOTE]

Dude, where have you been? Mooching on Walters?
You have no right to hold up that line when it is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM MY SCHOOL

[quote name='smalien1']Dude, where have you been? Mooching on Walters?
You have no right to hold up that line when it is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM MY SCHOOL[/QUOTE]

Ahahaha, damn straight! How you been smalien? I have been gone for too long. Busy doing the college app thing so I haven't spent much time around here. Smalien, you got a trade list? We should trade sometime, I can come to your house and pick it up.

[quote name='mgriff']Does anyone wanna have a gaming night[/QUOTE]

That would be cool. Maybe we can start off small like meeting up at a McD's with our DS's and some games and see how many people are interested.

Still no love for me on the first page. Just moved to Tarrytown from New Rochelle. Still working in White Plains.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer. (especially in Westchester)

[quote name='depascal22']Still no love for me on the first page. Just moved to Tarrytown from New Rochelle. Still working in White Plains.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer. (especially in Westchester)[/QUOTE]

I work at the Tarrytown farmer's market

[quote name='smalien1']I work at the Tarrytown farmer's market[/QUOTE]

any good pawn shops around here? I've lived in Westchester for 2 years now and I still haven't found one with decent deals. I've heard about a new mom and pop store in Mt Kisco but allegedly their prices are like the TRU in White Plains. 5 extra on every game in stock and astronomical prices on used games with little in stock to even make it worth the trip.

On a side note, has anyone considered the next step for CAGs? Game nights would be fun but I'd like to start my own arcade/game shop. I know this would be a huge drain on my time and my finances but it's not exactly like I'm making money now am I? I'm thinking now that the 70's are back in fashion, and the 80's are coming back, arcades might become huge again especially if the PS3 is priced out of the price range of the average joe/jane. I'd put it on Mamaroneck Ave right across from City Place. There are always a million kids haging out in front of the movie theatre, or at the fountain and Starbucks. There are a few vacant storefronts right there. I'm pretty sure the rent is pretty high because Foot Locker was forced out but this seems like it could be huge.....especially as an alternative to high priced crappy movies.

Arcades? There's not that many people out there that go to a place for the arcades...Sportstime USA & New Roc City are like the only places in Westchester people really go to.

Wow! I havent been to Sportstime in so long. I wonder if its the same. It was always one of my fave little spots to hang out.

[quote name='whitereflection']A game night would definitely be cool.

mgriff, do you still play DC or were you just into it "back in the day"?[/QUOTE]

i still play my DC constantly, all the goodies on that system. A gaming night would be awesome, i don't think anyone really has a store in the area, it would be cool if someone with a big basement/game room that wanted to host a gaming night in the westchester/rockland area, that would probably work out, although i doubt someone would want to go through that sorta thing.

[quote name='mgriff']i still play my DC constantly, all the goodies on that system. A gaming night would be awesome, i don't think anyone really has a store in the area, it would be cool if someone with a big basement/game room that wanted to host a gaming night in the westchester/rockland area, that would probably work out, although i doubt someone would want to go through that sorta thing.[/QUOTE]

If something like that does happen and I'm around, I can bring some alcohol, assuming people pay me.

[quote name='King Bahamut']If something like that does happen and I'm around, I can bring some alcohol, assuming people pay me.[/QUOTE]

It might be better if this was BYOB. That way you dont run into any legal trouble and CAG that are under 21 could join in. If not, I've got a nice bottle of Grey Goose that would be perfect for a gaming night.

bread's done
Back