Official NYC/Westchester Thread - 30 members and growing

mgriff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Subscribe to this thread

I always see the Chicago Thread and I always feel that there should be an NYC thread due to the fact that I think alot of us are in the NYC and Westchester. Let me know what you think.

People in NYC/Westchester/Surrounding Areas Who Have Posted In Here:

akkis99
ananag112
anthonyroundtree
arcadia67
arsenalgear
BABETOOTH
balzak520
bezelbubba
bivensra
chaoszero
cheapyd
chris mrozek
chubs189
cjg725
connigit
coolieman2001
corruptiondee
crazeman
dago2727
depascal22
DerangedHermit
djak1
encendido5
epic wolf
evo t rex
fireshooter
fugazi_chichimon
gamoid
greydemise
guest number 2
gugaplex
he1neken28
help1
i am william h. macy
ikilledlassic
illenium
jam3582
javeryh
jedi1979
jeremy
jetblac
jive3d
johnnyc
Jrunt20x
kill3r7
megawc27
mgriff
Milkyman
moammo
MrMaddness
msut77
negativezero
NirvanaGuy777
nogard
notoriousxbox
omegaweapon7
outlawz42
ozzkev55
paean
paintballers
psiufoxx2
puffa469
ravaged
rhenzen
ryanbph
sallyballs
shadow9689
ShadowRayden
shadylane
smalien1
so play the violins
skycaptain99
sonicfreak5
soujiro_seta
stevesbored
thegreat2nd
trq
verbal
vherub
wildnuts02
Wombat
xeionp
zarathosny

Just post in this thread if your in NYC, Westchester, or Around Those Areas and I'll add you to the list.

1-16-08 - I know I haven't updated this list in forever, but i'll try to work on it as I have nothing to do all next week :p... up to page 8 right now...like 10 more to go...

I guess everyone would rather head to Chinatown or Harlem than get on a train to Scarsdale or White Plains. I'd prefer a Westchester meet up but I won't turn down an invitation to the city.

What do you guys like to play? Everyone here play only Madden or do you like the crazy stuff? I like any and all fighting games. I love Virtua Fighter and Guilty Gear. Just idle chat since no one else wants a meet up.

maybe make an official group on the site www.meetup.com? I just found out about it the other day (that site) and it looks to be a little better organized/suited for handling a meetup as you can easily see what people RSVP.

Well, I'm here lol

I live on Staten Island

It is the crap-for-deals borough of New York

We COULD do a meetup... I mean, why not

This thread needs a lot more life ;)

I'm moving to Rocky Point on Long Island soon, which is about two hours from NYC... I'm just curious if there are any good import shops around NYC? Preferably non super expensive, it would be nice to grab an import and not wait two weeks to get it delivered :D

I hear many people head to a couple places in Midtown Manhattan but I hear they're more expensive than Play Asia. Unless, you just gotta have GG: Accent Core right away, I'd order online. Two weeks might be a long time to wait but it'll save you cash and time.

[quote name='scion of ys']chinatown stores sell many imports..[/quote]

How are the prices? I saw a copy of Guilty Gear Slash going for $80 in one spot and I straight up walked out.

Chinatown is one of the last bastions of the American arcade though. There are many back alley arcades that have two or three machines. It gets kind of crazy because of all the smoke though. I played a little SF with a guy that had a cigarette dangling from his lips. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't quit smoking a month before that. And don't forget the biggest and best arcade, Chinatown Fair.

Chinatown prices vary - for a few games, I've seen some phenomenal prices, but for the most part they're complete ripoffs.

In other news, I can't wait to get back to NY...got tons of stuff lined up to do, from a Symphony X concert to taking a trip in late June to Washington, D. C. for the Video Games Live concert.

im from uptown manhattan, closer to dyckman street in nyc. its great to see many ppl from nyc. but i dont do my CAG-shopping in nyc, because i barely see any when i do so i do it upstate and new jersey.

CAG 3rd Strike Tourney! Represent for NYC. PM if you're interested.

Also, I've got two months left if you wanna get down on some fighting games.

[quote name='scion of ys']i would join the tourney, but i know i would get beaten within the 1st round...[/quote]

It's free to enter. I mean, it's a tournament. Half of all the entrants will lose in the first round. Got to put yourself out there if you want a chance at some CAG glory.

We've been trying to get a meet up scheduled so we can throw down on some games. Several other cities (most notably D.C.) have had pretty successful game days and meet ups. There just hasn't been that much interest in NYC though.

[quote name='Rattlehead300']Well I just discovered CAG, and I'm from White Plains, NY.[/quote]

Very cool! I'm in Hartsdale and I work at White Plains Hospital.

Alright guys i have a great idea for a meetup. We should all go to the greatest indie game store in the country Digit Press. Although they are in NJ its only like 40 min from westchester and they would probobly be fine with a meetup as long as we tell them ahead of time seeing as they host meetups all the time (nava meetings). That and the owner is uber nice. Check out their website.
www.digitalpress.com and go to the store section. They have everything and beat gamestop on every level. Theres been a ton of talk for a while now about a meetup but still nothign has been put into motion. We could prolly do like a september/october meetup if we plan fast and get enough ppl. post below if you support the idea or have been to DP before.

cheers,
Mike

[quote name='miktau']Alright guys i have a great idea for a meetup. We should all go to the greatest indie game store in the country Digit Press. Although they are in NJ its only like 40 min from westchester and they would probobly be fine with a meetup as long as we tell them ahead of time seeing as they host meetups all the time (nava meetings). That and the owner is uber nice. Check out their website.
www.digitalpress.com and go to the store section. They have everything and beat gamestop on every level. Theres been a ton of talk for a while now about a meetup but still nothign has been put into motion. We could prolly do like a september/october meetup if we plan fast and get enough ppl. post below if you support the idea or have been to DP before.

cheers,
Mike[/quote]

Incorrect URL . . . use this one!
www.digitpress.com

[quote name='depascal22']I'm outta here second week of August guys.[/quote]
Funny, that's the exact week I fly back to Illinois. I've been sort of busy here tutoring & traveling to other meetups (OverClocked ReMix ones - just had one in NYC yesterday, was in DC for the Video Games Live concert series, and went to Philly for yet another one). I missed Otakon, but oh well (I'm not an anime person at all).

I'd be up for hanging out with anyone around if they want before I leave though.

Edit: Err, wow, didn't see the post date. I'll probably be leaving on the 11th or 10th, so if anyone wants to do anything before then, better select a date, place, and time soon. The weekend works the best for me.

I'm still amazed at how many people say they're from the area yet nobody feels like initiating something. Nobody put this thread on thread subscriptions?

[quote name='King Bahamut']I'm here only till this Saturday, and my Friday has already been reserved.[/quote]
Sorry to hear that.

I love to play, but I have never really gotten into the group play thing. Soooo,

LET'S GO PEOPLE!

I want to see a list of your top 3 games you'd like to get together with others to play. Doesn't matter what genre. Doesn't matter when you think you can play. Doesn't matter if you suck (me) or are Undefeated (not me). Shut up about not meeting up and fix it!

I mostly play puzzle and action games. I started playing PONG on my way to school in the late stages of the Dark Times, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, Centipede, Elevator Action and continued later with my Colecovision (still have it) and Zaxxon, Q*Bert and Asteroids. Moved to NES and the Mario games that my son still has, and he kicked my ass from the get-go.

I have been a late adopter for a long time now, for money reasons, and have had a PS2 for about 3 years now. I play Socom online with friends from work, but that is as far as I have gotten. My PSP lives in my bag, my locker at work is full of movies and games for it. Right now I am playing CRUSH, Ratchet and Clank, and Chili Con Carnage. I also watch a lot of TiVo on it, which is BRILLIANT!

Not a big sports game guy, but will be getting Madden 07 (yeah, 07) to play at work. 3-4 guys there have it, and I like the idea of sitting around getting my ass handed to me. Not a football fan either, so the ass-handing will be easy.

Me: Hey, which button makes that guy get the ball?
Not me: YESSSSSSSSSSS! TOUCHDOWN!

So, what are we gonna do?

Complain that nobody wants to come out and play indoors? :wall:

Or are we gonna make a list and come up with 2-3 games that we can get together and play?

My list starts with Socom CA. I like, but don't have, driving games.

Who is next? \\:D/

PS . . . Live in Jersey City, work in NYC.

[quote name='King Bahamut']A little inebriated there?[/quote]

Perhaps not. He was trying to get something going here before he left for parts unknown . . . but not really in a positive way.

Cool! Now that he's gone, we can go back to all those great parties we used to have!:bouncy:

bread's done
Back