Official PixelJunk Thread - 4/20: PixelJunk 4AM out May 15, Beta for PS+ Begins May 1

I will say that making youtube videos is going to be superbly easy.

having played with the option in Mainich Issyho, which uses the same youtube setup, all you have to do is basically log into youtube once with your account (just like logging into PSN... you can have it save your password and username as well). After that you just press whatever button is assigned to record and then press the same button to stop recording and your video will immediately start to be uploaded to youtube.

here's an example of one of the crap videos I recorded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwN3JKp7MSo

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I will say that making youtube videos is going to be superbly easy.

having played with the option in Mainich Issyho, which uses the same youtube setup, all you have to do is basically log into youtube once with your account (just like logging into PSN... you can have it save your password and username as well). After that you just press whatever button is assigned to record and then press the same button to stop recording and your video will immediately start to be uploaded to youtube.[/QUOTE]

More games need to have this feature. First tried it in the spore demo, and I thought it was genius. So simple, but so useful too. Would be kinda better if games had a DVR type feature, in case you want to record something that happened in the past. I'm sure plenty of you have had moments that were so insane, but came unexpectedly so you weren't able to save it and show others.

EDIT: Is this youtube thing a new XMB functionality that works with all games, or were you just referring to that one game?

[quote name='dallow']You can also record and save on your PS3's HDD.[/QUOTE]

Nice... didn't realize that.

[quote name='dpatel']
EDIT: Is this youtube thing a new XMB functionality that works with all games, or were you just referring to that one game?[/QUOTE]

it was a new feature built into one of the recent firmware releases. it's a new tool that devs can take use of so most games out now don't use it, but from now on devs have the option to include it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it was a new feature built into one of the recent firmware releases. it's a new tool that devs can take use of so most games out now don't use it, but from now on devs have the option to include it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! At first I thought it was some PJEden exclusive feature you were talking about, but good to see it was part of the firmware. I really wish Sony would enforce some standards like MS does with XBL, so that all games would utilize these things, but I'm hoping a good number of games utilize this youtube feature. Definitely would like to see LBP use it.

Well I am probably the only one who thought this game was meh. Monsters was a great game but Eden and Racers were just average games. PixelJunk is definitely creative though and I give them that.

Yep, three player eden has me sold. Once it says please buy the full game are you out of demo time for good on that account? Haven't tried restarting the demo and won't have access to my ps3 for a little while.

played some single player, and it seems like a neat enough distraction every now and then to get. Too bad I have no one else to play it with on a regular basis though lol.

[quote name='brighenne']Yep, three player eden has me sold. Once it says please buy the full game are you out of demo time for good on that account? Haven't tried restarting the demo and won't have access to my ps3 for a little while.[/QUOTE]

You can go to saved data utility and delete the save file and start over.

how long does the demo last? I've got one more petal thing for the first garden left to complete, and I see a second and I think third garden open up somewhere. Does it just end after the first garden is completely done?

I love the presentation in this. Especially the music. I had it sitting on the menu area for at least 5 minutes, listening to the music. :)

Picked up pixel junk monsters. Game is too good to pass up at that price point. I'm so glad I held out, or I would have payed 5 more.

Picked up Monsters today and after playing the demo for Eden I will be picking that up next week as well. I am really liking the PSN games that have been coming out lately. I even picked up Elefunk. It was just strange enough to warrant the $5 for me.

Two minute impression of Eden: It looks like it'll be a lot of fun after you get used to the controls. I probably won't pick it up unless it's at a discount price though. I'm getting tired of paying full price then watch as they have special prices.

Eden seemed fairly cool but (don't laugh) geez it's hard to see what's going on with a standard-def TV!! I know it says that HD is recommended, but there's something about how the font is replicated on SD that makes it extremely difficult to read, and see what's going on in the action.

Guess I'll wait to buy til I get an HDTV or a sale... (haven't paid full price for a PSN game yet, don't see why I should start now. ;) )

[quote name='Justin42']Eden seemed fairly cool but (don't laugh) geez it's hard to see what's going on with a standard-def TV!! I know it says that HD is recommended, but there's something about how the font is replicated on SD that makes it extremely difficult to read, and see what's going on in the action.

Guess I'll wait to buy til I get an HDTV or a sale... (haven't paid full price for a PSN game yet, don't see why I should start now. ;) )[/quote]

You can try going into the game options and zooming the screen as far in as you can. It will cut off the edges but you don't really need to see that far out in this game since more of the action goes on in the center of the screen anyway.

My first impression was: "wow, I like this game, but I suck so bad at it."

After I got used to the controls and figured out how to jump without swinging, it felt really natural. This is the kind of game I could see myself playing for hours on end and losing track of time.

I managed to get through the entire first garden with one of my playthroughs of the demo and it was at around 20 minutes just to get all five Spectras in one swoop.

So... any word on Pixeljunk Dungeons?

After playing Shiren the wanderer I've been interesting in other rogue-likes. Pixeljunk's take on this should be very fun to play if Monsters is any indication of how they handle tower defense.

[quote name='Vanigan']So... any word on Pixeljunk Dungeons?

After playing Shiren the wanderer I've been interesting in other rogue-likes. Pixeljunk's take on this should be very fun to play if Monsters is any indication of how they handle tower defense.[/QUOTE]

yeah, a Pixeljunk Rouge-like would be great, but knowing them, it may be it's own genre of game.

oddly I hope it's not Dungeons.

also reading some of his responses he mentions something I didn't know: you can do a spike move by jerking the controller down. cool :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oddly I hope it's not Dungeons.

also reading some of his responses he mentions something I didn't know: you can do a spike move by jerking the controller down. cool :)[/quote]
You can also get a similar effect by just holding down on the analog stick.

[quote name='siamesellama']When is Eden coming out? I thought it was today but there's nothing up yet.[/quote]

The Store doesn't update until later today.

[quote name='siamesellama']Oh. I thought it was morning like XBLM. This is what I get for taking the day off.[/quote]

Nah, it's generally in the evening.

Man, pj monsters is seriously pissing me off. It's annoying when I put a turret somewhere and it just sits there and does nothing.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Man, pj monsters is seriously pissing me off. It's annoying when I put a turret somewhere and it just sits there and does nothing.[/quote]

Make sure its range circle will "catch" some of the monsters as they go by. Cannon turrets have a notoriously short range, while the arrow turrets have a decent starting one, but can be upgraded quite a few times til the last upgrade, which then bumps their strength.

I just got eden, and tried out the video recording. I'm uploading it to youtube, and it's taking forever to do. It's also shows how much I don't know how to play this game yet.

EDIT: It finally uploaded. Remember while watching: I suck at this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYr9li31d20

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guyjr']Make sure its range circle will "catch" some of the monsters as they go by. Cannon turrets have a notoriously short range, while the arrow turrets have a decent starting one, but can be upgraded quite a few times til the last upgrade, which then bumps their strength.[/quote]Yeah, I took that into account. Yet some turrets just sit idly by and let monsters through to kill the little ones. It's getting pretty frustrating now. It's also annoying that if you put turrets too close to one another that only one will work, while the other does nothing.

I managed to get the 2nd Spectre in Garden 1. I think the one I went after in the video was the third one, possibly the fourth. Anyone understand the 100,000 Pollen in a Garden Trophy? Single playthrough or total score for that garden? I think some of the trophies in PJE are ridiculuous.

bread's done
Back