Official PixelJunk Thread - 4/20: PixelJunk 4AM out May 15, Beta for PS+ Begins May 1

[quote name='KingBroly']I managed to get the 2nd Spectre in Garden 1. I think the one I went after in the video was the third one, possibly the fourth. Anyone understand the 100,000 Pollen in a Garden Trophy? Single playthrough or total score for that garden? I think some of the trophies in PJE are ridiculuous.[/quote]

I think total in one play of a garden.

Current rankings according to my friend list for overall score:

dallow - 274
rolento - 1084
crasyspyro - 1126
mojimbo - 3005
terribledeli - 5378

I'm in LOVE with this game.
I got two trophies so far. The all seeds open in garden one, and the 10x prowler multiplier.

Things get hard in Garden 5, ouch.....

Got the all seeds trophies for gardens 1 and 2, then I just got the x10 combo trophy in garden 3 since the main enemy there helps out a lot for that trophy. Lots of fun so far. :D

Will be picking this up as soon as I finish the next chapter in Lego Indiana Jones. Played the demo over and over so I can't wait to get started on the game. Glad to hear the good responses so far and happy to hear that it gets harder as you go on. The first three gardens on the demo didn't seem very hard at all.

Edit: Finally picked this up and haven't put it down since. Managed to get the 10x combo and 15x time jewel but haven't been able to get the 15x combo trophy yet. How close have any of you guys come to getting the 100,000 pollen in a level. I collected what I though was a ton of pollen only to realize at the end that I only had around 20,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Yeah, I took that into account. Yet some turrets just sit idly by and let monsters through to kill the little ones. It's getting pretty frustrating now. It's also annoying that if you put turrets too close to one another that only one will work, while the other does nothing.[/quote]

It never does any of that stuff with me. Possibly turrets have already shot, and are waiting for their next turn or something? Turrets that are close to each other? They all fire the same, when things get in their range. You have a wack version of the game, apparently!

By the way, why can't I use custom soundtracks in Eden? WTF?

The music is designed especially for this game. Over 100 minutes worth.
They even go so far as to tell you to play either with high quality stereo speakers or headphones.

Edit: Finally picked this up and haven't put it down since. Managed to get the 10x combo and 15x time jewel but haven't been able to get the 15x combo trophy yet. How close have any of you guys come to getting the 100,000 pollen in a level. I collected what I though was a ton of pollen only to realize at the end that I only had around 20,000.
Haha, I had about the same, I thought the score was the pollen, yeesh.
And the 500 prowler thing I only got about 250. Guess I have to keep playing in a level till I get it. You got close to my score, thanks for adding me.

Can't wait to get home and play more.

I might add a few of you to my friends list tonight - seeing as I only have one so far - so I can get in on the score comparison fun too. :)

[quote name='NamPaehc']Does falling speed up the time? I could have sworn when the white blur came around me, the timer ticked up really fast.[/quote]

Falling shouldnt have any effect on your time remaining. It should tick down the same no matter what your doing as far as I can tell.

Anyone that would like to add me as a friend feel free to do so.

I just started on the fourth garden and am hating the number of rocks on the level. Nice to see the difficulty shooting up a bit though. It has been very easy so far. As of right now I am #112 overall on the total game leader board. My highest national ranking was for garden 3 where I am ranked #9. Some of the people playing this have some insane scores.

Tried out the fourth and fifth gardens after failing to get the fifth Spectra in garden 3 and I really liked the change in level and background design.

I actually wound up falling all the way back down during the fourth garden a few times jumping for what I though was a seed about to be filled up but was actually just blue dot on the background. #-o

Isn't the 4th garden just a bit too bright? I can barely see the pollen.
My eyes were straining a bit.

I know I have good, calibrated TV settings too.

[quote name='dallow']Isn't the 4th garden just a bit too bright? I can barely see the pollen.
My eyes were straining a bit.

I know I have good, calibrated TV settings too.[/quote]
Maybe a little bit, but it was just a nice change of pace with the first three gardens being very similar.

My game started up with the blue background, and the colorless plants.
I know you can change it via that little pod next to the yellow plant close to garden 4 or 5.

Kinda neat it changes on it's own. I hate the blue though. :)

There's another one to find, though I can't reach it yet, if you use that flower pod to the upper right side of the eden logo and jump a bit higher past that.

This game reminds me a bit of the first Lumines. I got one trophy so far, for completing the first garden I was up until 5am trying to get the other two spores (or what ever they're called) in the first garden.

Up to five trophies so far. Missed the Garden 4 seeds trophy by one on my last try before I ran out of time and had to collect the 4th item. I should be able to get it on my run through for all 5. Having a hard time getting a decent score on that level though. There is just not much room in order to try and run a combo.

Do the friends leaderboard not show up at first for anyone else? I have to switch between the 1P, 2P, and 3P modes first before anybody else shows up.

I'll add a "Damn, Jet" to that total score that you have, which is over 200k more points than me or Dallow.

Edit: Ahh, that other color-changing pod is by where garden 6 is located, which changes everything green.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Do the friends leaderboard not show up at first for anyone else? I have to switch between the 1P, 2P, and 3P modes first before anybody else shows up.

I'll add a "Damn, Jet" to that total score that you have, which is over 200k more points than me or Dallow.

Edit: Ahh, that other color-changing pod is by where garden 6 is located, which changes everything green.[/quote]

Yeah there seems to be a lag when posting your scores to the leaderboard. It makes the friends board delay in showing up and an even longer delay in your score updating on that board. Its been taking anywhere up to 10 - 15 minutes for my scores to move from the game to the board.

I need to go back and redo the first garden after learning a bit more techniques in order to raise my score for that garden.

On my last run through garden 3, I finished with 489 kills. I could kick myself for not getting 11 more for the trophy lol.

Managed to get to the sixth and seventh gardens, which is definitely interesting and different from the other gardens. I like the variety that starts appearing with the level designs starting with the fourth garden.

[quote name='Shadowedge']It took me a few more tries than expected, but I finally got the "Ten Minute Grimp" trophy. Really enjoying the game! :)[/quote]

Did you get it on the first garden ? I haven't really tried that one yet as I have been going for score on the leaderboard and completion of the seeds for trophies. I finally got the trophy for garden 4 and finally broke under the 100 mark on the overall leaderboard. Sitting at number 85 as of right now.

I really like the fifth garden after not liking the fourth. The turbo shoot flowers add an interesting touch. Looking forward to the next ones once I get all the seeds in this round.

I managed to get all the Spectres in Garden 1 and all seeds in Garden 1 for a Trophy. I'll try to get the final 4 Spectres in Garden 2 before heading off to Garden 3.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Did you get it on the first garden ? I haven't really tried that one yet as I have been going for score on the leaderboard and completion of the seeds for trophies. I finally got the trophy for garden 4 and finally broke under the 100 mark on the overall leaderboard. Sitting at number 85 as of right now.

I really like the fifth garden after not liking the fourth. The turbo shoot flowers add an interesting touch. Looking forward to the next ones once I get all the seeds in this round.[/quote]
Best to do the 10 minute thing int the first garden, yeah.
I did it in about 8 mins 10 s, so it's not that hard.

[quote name='dallow']Best to do the 10 minute thing int the first garden, yeah.
I did it in about 8 mins 10 s, so it's not that hard.[/quote]

Yep, I did it on the first garden. I figured since there is only one complex prowler in the stage, that would be to my advantage.
But, I found the difficult part was getting prowler combo at some locations (like the giant seed in the northeast).

Anyway, great time, I'm thinking of ways to shave off my time, but I probably should move on to the second garden at this point.

just finished the first garden and got two trophies from it... is it me or does the 100k pollen trophy look ridiculous to attain

Picked up Eden last night after work, only got around 3 spectras before I had to stop playing. Definitely going to play more tonight and during the week. YouTube upload feature seems to work pretty well, look forward to making some cool videos!

I only have two other CAGs on my PSN list right now, so feel free to add me for friends leaderboards.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Holy fuck. I love garden seven and its "hook." It's blowing my mind.[/quote]

Have you checked out the eighth garden yet. It takes place .. way .... wayyy .. up in the air.

So I downloaded the demo last week when it went up, but only just played in this afternoon. I was a little frustrated with the controls at first, but after playing for about 20 minutes I think I really started to get the hang of it (although I wish you had a "bionic arm" like silk shot for those times when you just miss where you want to be and don't want to fall all the way to the bottom)

Anyways, I had a lot of fun with it and decided to give them $10 and buy the full version (which is downloading as I type this and is probably done by now). Hooray for reasonably long demos!

i'm still relatively new at the game so...how do you get that complex prowler to separate in world 3? i randomly manage to do it, but half the time, it just pounds me around like a ping pong ball til i get frustrated.

[quote name='forgrim']i'm still relatively new at the game so...how do you get that complex prowler to separate in world 3? i randomly manage to do it, but half the time, it just pounds me around like a ping pong ball til i get frustrated.[/quote]
Avoid him until his armor seems to thicken and swing into him, he'll split up into six pieces, which helps you get the combo trophies more easily.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Avoid him until his armor seems to thicken and swing into him, he'll split up into six pieces, which helps you get the combo trophies more easily.[/quote]

his armor always thickens when your grimp is spinning so just hit any of the face buttons when you're near him.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Avoid him until his armor seems to thicken and swing into him, he'll split up into six pieces, which helps you get the combo trophies more easily.[/quote]

Garden Eight is just to the right of garden six. Just head to the right from six instead of heading left like you would be going to seven.

It taking much longer in the later levels going for all the seeds in the level for the trophies. You definitely have to manage the time replenishers that around the level.

hahaha thanks for the tip, made world 3 a cakewalk and managed to kill off the 10 pollen trophy also. world 4 incoming.

[quote name='pete5883']I don't like that holding X will make you jump instead of swing. I find it too easy to do by accident.[/quote]

an easier way I remember is just tap X to jump then immediately press x again to loose the silk. easier to remember to double tap than hold.

It really depends on how long you hold the the button down, as if you let go before you reach the end of the tether, you'll jump, and if you don't, you'll swing until you do let go.

Jet: Okay, I do remember that one, which has the
muddy rain-style
background.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']an easier way I remember is just tap X to jump then immediately press x again to loose the silk. easier to remember to double tap than hold.[/quote]

I think he means it's too easy to accidentally jump from this when you actually mean to swing...at least I've done that quite a few times to take a death plunge back to the bottom.

bread's done
Back