Official PixelJunk Thread - 4/20: PixelJunk 4AM out May 15, Beta for PS+ Begins May 1

played with my sis today... multiplay is pretty fun even if your friend sucks. it's cool to have a grimp latch onto another grimp and be swung for extra momentum.

[quote name='brighenne']I think he means it's too easy to accidentally jump from this when you actually mean to swing...at least I've done that quite a few times to take a death plunge back to the bottom.[/QUOTE]
Yeah this is what I meant. It makes the long fall down even more annoying :bomb:

Sound of what Rolento?

I played 3P co-op last night for a couple hours.
I was surprised they both got into it pretty quickly, we finished the first 3 gardens.
Pretty fun!

Not may 3P scores so my global ranking was pretty good after only 3 levels. :)

Do you get the "all seeds open" trophy as soon as you open the last seed, or after you beat the level? I was going for all of them in the first level but only got 28/29, didn't know if I should be waiting for an acknowledgment, or if I should just hope I got all of them.

i'll reiterate wat soemone else said..fuck level 7. and also, got 70k pollen and 455 of those damn pollen stuff before i ran out of time. gd it.

[quote name='pete5883']Do you get the "all seeds open" trophy as soon as you open the last seed, or after you beat the level? I was going for all of them in the first level but only got 28/29, didn't know if I should be waiting for an acknowledgment, or if I should just hope I got all of them.[/QUOTE]As soon as you collect the last seed.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I missed just one seed in garden six that I couldn't seem to find. :whistle2:k I'm not sure where to look for it either.[/quote]

Six has a "hidden" seed. THIS video might help you.

And anyone who needs help with this, remember you can always search YouTube for videos to get you through tough spots. ;)

Thanks. How the hell did he get all of the other seeds already open or did he open them before and just go back to the beginning for a starting reference point?

damn, you might as well save a spectra after that cuz opening that stupid seed will take some time without crystals around. i'm already having problems with level 6 and this just punctuates it even more

Has anyone found Eden to be slightly easier using your PSP and Remote Play? It feels more responsive.

And the "quick drop" by shaking the controller? Never works for me. Damn it.

[quote name='torifile']And the "quick drop" by shaking the controller? Never works for me. Damn it.[/quote]

It is less of a shake, and more of "thrusting down" motion. Like dropping it flat towards the ground.

[quote name='torifile']Has anyone found Eden to be slightly easier using your PSP and Remote Play? It feels more responsive.

And the "quick drop" by shaking the controller? Never works for me. Damn it.[/quote]

I always find myself jumping off in the wrong direction with the psp. It's fun to play in bed, though, when I'm away from the TV.

I tried to go for both 500 pollen prowlers and 100,000 pollen, but only ended up with the former. If there was some consistent score for each pollen you collect, since I there's a multiplier for when you gather large groups of pollen while collecting individual pollen is just one point, it would be easier to know how close I am to that goal.

Getting 5 Spectras on garden seven and up is going to be hard as hell. I almost got them all in garden seven, but ran out of time while waiting for the right moment to make the leap for the last Spectra.

Saw some times for people that got the 100K trophy. Took them about an hour to an hour and a half.

Can be done in Garden 1 too.
Which gives me hope.

How many times do you have to throw the 3rd one back and forth before you get the trophy? I don't think I'll ever get it, but I'm curious.

[quote name='pete5883']How many times do you have to throw the 3rd one back and forth before you get the trophy? I don't think I'll ever get it, but I'm curious.[/quote]
3 full times back and forth, so 6 tosses total.

And yeah Rolento, it's a a bitch!

yeah i'm on that stupid garden too rolento, i managed to get one spectra and decided to screw it and go one to other gardens. cept from what i can tell, world 8 is retarded big.

i managed to get the 3 player trophy doing what he did using 2 controllers and 1 guitar controller. it was semi retarded.

What's hard to figure out?
He finds you and turns the gravity 90 degrees counterclockwise. Just learn your surroundings and it shouldn't be that hard to get used to.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What's hard to figure out?
He finds you and turns the gravity 90 degrees counterclockwise. Just learn your surroundings and it shouldn't be that hard to get used to.
[/quote]

:lol:
I do... I just end up on the right wall and can't seem to get to any way of getting close to a spectra

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol:
I do... I just end up on the right wall and can't seem to get to any way of getting close to a spectra
[/quote]
Then you have to act like the right wall's the bottom of the screen and use the environment to get around. Just take your time and make smart moves. You don't need to get to a spectra right away after the gravity changes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
Then you have to act like the right wall's the bottom of the screen and use the environment to get around. Just take your time and make smart moves. You don't need to get to a spectra right away after the gravity changes.
[/quote]

:lol: ok I'll try again tomorrow. I think I wasn't thinking clearly because i was frustrated.

Holy shit. I was this >< close to getting all 29 seeds on Garden 1. I got 28 of them. :\ I was doing really well until I fell and had to make a run for my last spectra. How the hell are you guys so good at this game? I figure better to clear the level than to try for that seed. At least my overall ranking isn't too bad - 1400 something on garden 1. I think I ended up with 151k. I've tried garden 2, but that's as far as I've gone in the game.

I'm having trouble getting The Hundred Thousander trophy. I checked my scores in the end summary of the level and I had collected around 110 000 pollen (not points) but I didn't get the trophy. What must I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']Am I missing something or are 2 of those Spectres in Garden 7 enclosed?[/QUOTE]

A switch that creates an entrance grows when you fill up the seeds. The middle Spectra can be opened by any of the 4 nearby seeds. The one on the right can only be opened by the seed that's attached to the bottom of the rock.

you should have got the 100k pollen trophy if you got 100k pollen...that's strange. are you sure you didn't get it? i got it with a end score of 104k pollen, as soon as i saw the trophy pop up, i went straight for the spectra.

and 10 is harder than 8 and 9...the hard order for me was 9 < 8 < 7 < 10. I still haven't gotten trophies for full seeds for 9 8 and 10 tho, gonna work on it when i get free time. 8 and 10 are just so big, i don't feel like going through them again and missing one like last time

Question!!!!

I just got a psp and set up remote play, and I was just messing around, but the pixeljunk eden demo plays in remote play

Anyone else notice this? And does the full game work in remote play as well?

edit: also pixeljunk monsters works. I'm just way out of the loop here or what?

yep out of the loop indeed. Well I just got my psp and this was a very pleasant surprise...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back