Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. Psvr2 is live at bestbuy now. Still can't decide even with using a bunch of banked rewards if I'll enjoy it enough to justify the entry price. Plus games like Star Wars, Moss 2, and Horizon I want to play add another 100.

I stupidly didn’t pick up synth riders while it was at its lowest price right before the VR2 launched. Didn’t think I’d like it but the overwhelming display of love for it over on Reddit and YouTube made me regret passing on it. Bought the base game while it was on sale and I totally get what everyone has been going on about. Now I just need the dlc to go on sale…

If you are itching for a PSVR2 from Gamestop, Rakuten is currently 15% cash back. It should work with PSVR2 but I can't guarantee it. The wording is weird. That's $82 cash back though so a good savings. I am personally likely waiting for a holiday deal but this is a good amount off it is works.

I stupidly didn’t pick up synth riders while it was at its lowest price right before the VR2 launched. Didn’t think I’d like it but the overwhelming display of love for it over on Reddit and YouTube made me regret passing on it. Bought the base game while it was on sale and I totally get what everyone has been going on about. Now I just need the dlc to go on sale…
I may be mistaken but I don't think any dlc has gone on sale since PSVR2. Basic pack without any extras has dropped a few times, but no dlc sales. Any of the sales plus the Gorillaz pack has been more expensive than the bundle version so I've still been waiting.

I played it on PCVR and found it quite boring and uninspired. Played the special stages too. The music is nice tho. I love Lindsey Stirling.

Had a lot more fun with Ragnarock. Played too much and found myself unable to lift my arms the next day.

So is there a hdmi switch that can pass through 4K 120hz? I don’t wanna have to be switching in and out hdmi cables to play the psvr 1 gen 1 on my ps5. I guess I could just connect the psvr box to one hdmi on my tv and another directly connected to my ps5 but still kind of a hassle. If anyone has a better idea I’d appreciate to hear it. I recently sold my ps4 and I still have a handful of psvr 1 games I’d like to play.

So is there a hdmi switch that can pass through 4K 120hz? I don’t wanna have to be switching in and out hdmi cables to play the psvr 1 gen 1 on my ps5. I guess I could just connect the psvr box to one hdmi on my tv and another directly connected to my ps5 but still kind of a hassle. If anyone has a better idea I’d appreciate to hear it. I recently sold my ps4 and I still have a handful of psvr 1 games I’d like to play.
Yes. Many many on Amazon.

Played some Beat Saber on VR2 tonight. The tracking is notably MUCH better than on VR1, perfect as far as I can tell. But the colors and resolution look…identical? After playing Pistol Whip, Thumper, and Synth Riders I thought it would look better. The vibration in the controllers is nice

Broke down and blew my bestbuy rewards on psvr2. Makes a great first impression. And it's been a year or more since I really played on my psvr1. I'd forgotten how cool the simple things like being face to face with characters is when Aloy stepped out in front of me.

Meta Quest 3 $499.99. Will be interesting to see how PSVR2 sales do now that the price has been revealed.

Wonder if Tentacular will be fun enough for 20...

waiting on Moss 2 sale but may pick up full price, casue I needs me more psvr2 games to play when I finish Horizon.  :joystick:

If you were interested in Gorn and missed out on cheaper PSVR sales before we found out it had a free upgrade for PSVR2, it's on sale now for $9.99 with the free upgrade. The PSVR2 version is $14.99 on sale, so it's cheaper to get the PSVR version first and then unlock the free upgrade for PSVR2:

PSVR: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3643-CUSA18144_00-00000000GORNPSVR

PSVR2: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3643-PPSA13249_00-0478048849209824

You get both versions either way, so save $5 in the process.

Despite owing it on ps2, 360, ps4/psvr I had never rolled credits on the game. Finally did just now on PSVR2. And tried Area X for a little bit for the first time. Glad I finally put the time in and looking forward to the rest of what there is to do.

Also, god what a beautiful game!

Despite owing it on ps2, 360, ps4/psvr I had never rolled credits on the game. Finally did just now on PSVR2. And tried Area X for a little bit for the first time. Glad I finally put the time in and looking forward to the rest of what there is to do.

Also, god what a beautiful game!
What game?

Base version of Synth Riders is down to $15 and I'm tempted. The trailers don't give me a real sense of what it's like to play, any opinions/good examples?

Star Wars for $40 isn't cheap enough when there's a physical that can likely go cheap.

I got Synth Riders day one on PSVR1 and love it. It has more rhymical movement than other games like it (IE Beat Saber). The music tends to fall more on the immersive side too. There is still a fair amount of DLC, and not as much mainstream stuff like Beat Saber. Synth Riders is always "more one song" when I play.  

https://twitter.com/Fireproof_Games/status/1681326926835732480?s=20

Very exciting news, especially if you already own it on ps4 like I do. Love a free upgrade

I wish every developer would give a free upgrade for their psvr game for PSVR 2 or at least just make it available for goodness sake since Sony is being stupid about it.

PSVR2 seems to have disappeared from the larger gaming conversation already. I'm always a little surprised when PSVR2 Without Parole posts a new review, and most of those are still ports of PSVR1 or Quest games (or 'Synapse'). Where are the games?

PSVR2 seems to have disappeared from the larger gaming conversation already. I'm always a little surprised when PSVR2 Without Parole posts a new review, and most of those are still ports of PSVR1 or Quest games (or 'Synapse'). Where are the games?
D.O.A. if they wanted it to actually succeed they would have price chopped and taken a loss up front like Microsoft is usually happy to do, but as always Sony gives zero shits about their add-ons and peripherals or really their customers best interests. Make an awesome thing and immediately abandon it has their modus operandai for 30 years now.

Eben for Sony it seems weird they have, like, nothing planned for release only months after new hardware came out.
I have to imagine Sony, Nintendo and MS somewhat regret "wasting" so many resources on very hardware specific games for EyeToy, PS Move, PSVR, Wii and Kinect. Traditional controller games can be sold for years and eventually be re-released but not so much with all those games.

Surely the budget for Horizon Call of the Mountain was baked in to the development cost of the hardware as you need at least one "showcase" title to sell the thing but do we think Sony has any "full VR" games coming? Optional VR modes in already existing games like Gran Turismo and an eventual Astro Bot sequel are probably all we will getting from them in the future.

I have to imagine Sony, Nintendo and MS somewhat regret "wasting" so many resources on very hardware specific games for EyeToy, PS Move, PSVR, Wii and Kinect. Traditional controller games can be sold for years and eventually be re-released but not so much with all those games.

Surely the budget for Horizon Call of the Mountain was baked in to the development cost of the hardware as you need at least one "showcase" title to sell the thing but do we think Sony has any "full VR" games coming? Optional VR modes in already existing games like Gran Turismo and an eventual Astro Bot sequel are probably all we will getting from them in the future.
I don't know about that. Maybe the EyeToy with Sony, but then they make cameras anyway. And the EyeToy led to the PS4 camera. The first PSVR did very well, otherwise there wouldn't be a second one. The Kinect sold 35 million units, and even though they bungled the Xbox One version, it's led to some great development projects. And the Wii is one of the most successful platforms of all time. I can't agree that any of them regret it. With the exception of the Wii, all these things were additives of other systems and not just controllers. And again, with the exception of the Wii, I feel like unlike traditional consoles, they made the platforms to sell games instead of making games to sell the platform.

I do agree with your second point, unfortunately. Sony seemed so focused on the hardware the games were an afterthought, both first party and shoring up third parties. No major third parties are making VR games anymore, unless it's a mode like in 'Resident Evil.' Unless Sony is holding the games close to their chest for a big reveal in the future. It doesn't look that way.

I don't think Nintendo would regret Wii at all. Great sales, and they've ported titles to Switch like Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, and Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Plenty of 3rd party titles have been ported too.

bread's done
Back